Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

Because drop handlebars are stupid bullshit for idiots so of course goons love them.

I never imagined you would be triggered by bike parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Buying cheap bikes is a false economy, they break far too easily and strangely enough the replacement parts cost loads (and are still equally as awful in quality). I know this because I sold and repaired cheap bikes for a job once, cheap bikes are no fun for the owner and no fun for the mechanic that has to work with substandard quality parts.

That and you buy a cheap bike, ride it, find the ride is awful and then never ride it again. If you get a nicer bike you'll find they ride nicer and thusly you're far more likely to use it more than a dozen times because a) it's nicer to ride and b) it won't break on you with such regularity.

A bargain basement bike is misery for everyone involved.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

PCOS Bill posted:

Because drop handlebars are stupid bullshit for idiots so of course goons love them.

Sign me up!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Bikes are dumb for adults and if there were an anti-bike PAC out there I would give them money. Streets and trails free from the annoyance of bikes is the future I want for my non-existent children.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I never imagined you would be triggered by bike parts

That's not triggered, that's opinionated.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I bought a toy to pretend to be DJ

It's not a Traktor but it does as good for half the price, has all the functions I need, and it lets you use your phone/tablet as a touch screen for effects or simply as a remote when you want to join the party.

You can really see how much Hercules learned since the first DJ consoles.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Don't forget to tilt your baseball cap just right while using it

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

Don't forget to tilt your baseball cap just right while using it

Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKpm4HayQeY&t=30s

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 16:06 on Apr 29, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kidney Stone posted:

Kayaking season has started here...

+

+

+

+

You can just admit you were in an accident and gained water powers, Typhoon. We'd figure it out anyway.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bought one of these a while back since my mouse died, just bought a second since the mouse for my second screen died too, and it's just as good. :3:

$9 is a total steal for one of the comfiest mice I've ever used: http://www.amazon.com/Zelotes-Button-Optical-Wired-Gaming/dp/B00IFRH6JS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461951623&sr=8-1&keywords=zelotes

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dewgy posted:

Bought one of these a while back since my mouse died, just bought a second since the mouse for my second screen died too, and it's just as good. :3:

$9 is a total steal for one of the comfiest mice I've ever used: http://www.amazon.com/Zelotes-Button-Optical-Wired-Gaming/dp/B00IFRH6JS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461951623&sr=8-1&keywords=zelotes

Oh, I have that one. Works well, but the left mouse button is finally starting to wear out after a good year or so of use. It's not bad at all for the price.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
Road biking seems really gay to me.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Zahi posted:

Road biking seems really gay to me.

It is, if by gay you mean really chill and cool. If that was meant to be pejorative though, you can eat my whole rear end.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Why is it that the two things people most feel they have to express their displeasure at are vegans and cyclists? And not like, I dunno, rapists?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Ruger 10/22 starter kit for my kid to learn to shoot. Stock photo:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

beefnoodle posted:

Ruger 10/22 starter kit for my kid to learn to shoot. Stock photo:

It was my understanding that no 10/22 is actually stock.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

amenenema posted:

Why is it that the two things people most feel they have to express their displeasure at are vegans and cyclists? And not like, I dunno, rapists?

At least a rapist might have an interesting story to tell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

amenenema posted:

Not a lot of rapists post their rape related purchases in here. Just PCOS Bill.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

taqueso posted:

thats meta as gently caress

(the mag is the penis)

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

amenenema posted:

People doing the complaining would probably say that it's because vegans preach at you and cyclists are assholes in traffic.

However, since most vegans and cyclists I personally know are perfectly cool, I think it has more to do with vegans making carnivores feel guilty about their own habits and cyclists causing occasional delays of up to several seconds before you can overtake them.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Vegan is going too far and really limits your options. Vegetarian I can totally get behind. Do cows really get hurt if you milk them? Cheese rules.

I honestly wouldn't mind going vegetarian if I had easy access to Indian food.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

taqueso posted:

Can someone explain why those tactical knives have a blade at 90degrees to the handle?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Marenghi posted:

Can someone explain why those tactical knives have a blade at 90degrees to the handle?

Your next purchase ought to be a protractor.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Marenghi posted:

because its totally impractical for anything you might reasonably expect to do with a knife ergo the person who carries it must be from seal team six

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Mu Zeta posted:

Vegan is going too far and really limits your options. Vegetarian I can totally get behind. Do cows really get hurt if you milk them? Cheese rules.

I honestly wouldn't mind going vegetarian if I had easy access to Indian food.

I feel like 90% of vegan's problems would be solved if the conditions that the animal industries keep them in were addressed. It certainly doesn't hurt cows to be milked, but have you seen how it actually gets done these days? I'm not going to stop buying milk, but I'd happily pay more money for it if the cows didn't have to be pumped full of chemicals and live like poo poo. I cut way back on meat a long time ago but I don't have a problem murdering lesser life forms for my own delight, I just don't like things to have to suffer needlessly.

amenenema posted:

Skimming the post I thought you said "vapists." I thought, we poo poo on vaping all the time though.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Marenghi posted:

Punch+Stab deals 50% more damage

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Marenghi posted:

more degrees = more tactical

I use a 180deg knife when I need to go loud.

vv thanks for the real info

taqueso has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Apr 29, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Marenghi posted:

They are called "law enforcement" knives. They are designed for cops for when a bad guy tries to take your gun from your holster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZivRcSnPyw

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marenghi posted:

I don't know anyone who owns a knife like that, so they're actually made up. Must be a photoshop.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kidney Stone posted:

Kayaking season has started here...

+

+

+

+

Judging by these purchases, no, no it hasn't.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Mu Zeta posted:

They are called "law enforcement" knives. They are designed for cops for when a bad guy tries to take your gun from your holster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZivRcSnPyw

He appears to have someone else's legs.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I bought a crappy pod machine 2 years ago and slowly came to the conclusion that I wanted to get a bit more serious about my morning coffee. So, after 6 months of saving and research I've managed to deck out my coffee corner.

So, everything there is new. The machine is a Gaggia Classic with a steam wand modification, the grinder is a Nemox Lux with stepless mod. Also, glasses, grind box and espro tamper. Now I just need to be not so poo poo at pulling a good shot.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know anyone who owns a knife like that, so they're actually made up. Must be a photoshop.

I carry one of these, the HK model.

It's not such an extreme angle, but yeah, essentially it's just for extra melee damage in an emergency situation.
I work law enforcement, but a branch that doesn't carry a firearm, so that's why I keep one on my belt, on my non-dominant side.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Droogie posted:

It's not such an extreme angle, but yeah, essentially it's just for extra melee damage in an emergency situation.
I work law enforcement, but a branch that doesn't carry a firearm, so that's why I keep one on my belt, on my non-dominant side.

So... rent-a-cop?

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

Droogie posted:

Please say it's mall cop

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
omygod yesssss it's like that one goon who said he worked at NASA and was the janitor!

You know, gunpants guy? He had all the poo poo in his pockets?

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Droogie posted:

if you're looking for "extra melee damage" there is a wand in the third dungeon that does a short range AOE on right click

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Please say meter maid

or tech services

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Sorry guys. Animal control officer. Real badge, real ballistic vest. Investigator and prosecutor, but we don't handle arrests hence no firearms. Not a private security mall cop sort of thing.

Edit:

Droogie has a new favorite as of 00:53 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Droogie posted:

Sorry guys. Animal control officer. Real badge, real ballistic vest. Investigator and prosecutor, but we don't handle arrests hence no firearms. Not a private security mall cop sort of thing.

Edit:

You do at least drive this, though, right?

^^Ignore the big sign on it, he's undercover