Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I bought a kigurumi and a mechanical keyboard because I am a responsible adult lady who buys responsible adult things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

EAMES LOUNGE

Weaseled my way into getting a 40% off voucher from a Herman Miller dealing friend blood relative (if Herman Miller asks...)

I can't decide if I'm going to get the classic or the newish "Tall" size though.

I'm 6'2 so the classic doesn't really give me any head support, but the Tall isn't really a true Eames...

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
A couple 12 packs of this. I am going to single-handedly fund this thing's comeback.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

A couple 12 packs of this. I am going to single-handedly fund this thing's comeback.

So goon it hurts.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm 6'2 so the classic doesn't really give me any head support, but the Tall isn't really a true Eames...

I'm the same height and we have those at my office, I don't know that 2 inches would make the experience any more pleasant.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Tres Burritos posted:

I'm the same height and we have those at my office, I don't know that 2 inches would make the experience any more pleasant.

:heysexy:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Loads of games kinda all at once, never going to have the time to properly play them all but oh well.

Plus a shitload of VR stuff for the Vive. :homebrew:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I bought this early iPod.

I can't explain it either.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally witnessed enough horrific acts on the road to justify a dash cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sVpmX7o7uI

Luckily the last guy who backed into my front bumper admitted fault, otherwise I would've already regretted not having it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

evobatman posted:

I bought this early iPod.

I can't explain it either.

I bought an old sports Walkman the other day so I'm right there with you.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

I bought an old sports Walkman the other day so I'm right there with you.

I bought a sony cassette recorder so I could listen to my Dr.Katz cassette. I like old Apple stuff too, that thing is neat. Just look at it, it's neat.

colas has a new favorite as of 02:36 on May 1, 2016

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
White Tevas for summer. Slowly, I am turning into The Dude.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

White Tevas for summer. Slowly, I am turning into The Dude.

Those will stop being pristine white as soon as they're out of the box.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
Just bought the black version on Zappos for $25 ($25 off coupon came to my inbox this morning). Let the summer of the Dad begin!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Smashing Link posted:

Just bought the black version on Zappos for $25 ($25 off coupon came to my inbox this morning). Let the summer of the Dad begin!
Don't dads wear Crocs?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'd wear those with brown socks

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

X36

I still may need more.

Oh for gently caress's sake, I need more.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

VendaGoat posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake, I need more.

Recently bought 3 bags of the black color and got maybe 24sqft. out of it. Not too bad, but yeah, you never buy enough mulch. Ever.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stop eating it!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Scarf posted:

Recently bought 3 bags of the black color and got maybe 24sqft. out of it. Not too bad, but yeah, you never buy enough mulch. Ever.

That's exactly what Big Mulch wants the public to think.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Stop eating it!

I post on this board, I love eating poo poo. You should know that.

In all seriousness, I could buy another 36 and just drown poo poo in mulch, it would be ok.

Good grief. The rigors of home ownership.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

VendaGoat posted:

I post on this board, I love eating poo poo. You should know that.

In all seriousness, I could buy another 36 and just drown poo poo in mulch, it would be ok.

Good grief. The rigors of home ownership.

Both Lowe's and Home Depot just recently had/are still having a sale on the red mulch. Five for $10 I believe at both places.
I should know, as my greenhouse needed the walkways covered with it. Still grows weeds.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TotalLossBrain posted:

Both Lowe's and Home Depot just recently had/are still having a sale on the red mulch. Five for $10 I believe at both places.
I should know, as my greenhouse needed the walkways covered with it. Still grows weeds.

Good to know. I think my local place's sale just ended today.

Edit: for shits and giggles I worked it out. I save fifteen bucks going to Home dept, gas included, for twenty bags, which is what my car can hold.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 01:27 on May 2, 2016

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

EAMES LOUNGE

Weaseled my way into getting a 40% off voucher from a Herman Miller dealing friend blood relative (if Herman Miller asks...)

I can't decide if I'm going to get the classic or the newish "Tall" size though.

Can I have some of their blood too?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You still in the Pittsburgh area, VendaGoat? I can't remember if you've said anything on the topic lately.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

colas posted:

Those will stop being pristine white as soon as they're out of the box.

They seem to be pretty easy to clean, I'm not worried about it.

Smashing Link posted:

Ayyyyyyyyyyyy

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

OSU_Matthew posted:

Because goons are just trying to stop you from having to waste money buying a whole 'nother bike once you start riding more than a few miles and eventually decide that you really do want drops after all so as to shift your hands and posture around for comfort.

You can't just swap in drops without having to replace a bunch of other poo poo, so it's usually just more cost effective to buy a whole new bike and start over from scratch.

I didn't go back to the thread because I figured it'd be dickish, but it's been 2/3 years since I made people mad about not wanting drops and the amount of times I wish I had alternative ways of gripping the handlebar, or bent over more, remains 0.0.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:27 on May 2, 2016

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

MisterBibs posted:

I didn't go back to the thread because I figured it'd be dickish, but it's been 2/3 years since I made people mad about not wanting drops and the amount of times I wish I had alternative ways of gripping the handlebar, or bent over more, remains 0.0.

Drops aren't that comfortable to ride in, anyways. I commute a lot of miles on my bike and I ride in the drops when a) it's really windy, or b) I'm in a goddamned hurry.
So yeah - I don't blame anyone for not wanting drops.

Also I bought headlights for my Jeep.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

TotalLossBrain posted:

Drops aren't that comfortable to ride in, anyways. I commute a lot of miles on my bike and I ride in the drops when a) it's really windy, or b) I'm in a goddamned hurry.
So yeah - I don't blame anyone for not wanting drops.

Also I bought headlights for my Jeep.

It's not about riding in the drops, it's about riding on the hoods and having the option to move your hands around, but anyway this derail has gone on long enough, here's a drop bar road/gravel bike with 650b wheels, 42mm slick tires and a monoshock just to give you all loving aneurysms (I haven't bought it YET... but maybe soon?)

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 05:04 on May 2, 2016

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015
People have been asking when I'm buying drops for my bike as well, and I just tell them to back off.

I dremeled off a bulk of the rear fender to keep in the spirit of the DIY DRZ community.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chicagobutters posted:

People have been asking when I'm buying drops for my bike as well, and I just tell them to back off.

I dremeled off a bulk of the rear fender to keep in the spirit of the DIY DRZ community.

I hope you get covered in dirt since you ruined your fender

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015

PCOS Bill posted:

I hope you get covered in dirt since you ruined your fender

Thanks man, nicest thing someone said to me all weekend. Its the part that the license plate sits on and I couldn't look at it any longer.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

What year? Haven't seen that color scheme on a drz before, pretty cool!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Managed to find a copy of The New Mastersounds "The Nashville Session" on vinyl. I like getting limited pressings and poo poo, but come on, do more than 1000... That just makes it a pain.

Video for anyone not familiar with them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMo8ALy6LSA

They're a jazz/funk fusion band from Leeds, UK. Good, funky, danceable poo poo.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Scarf posted:

Managed to find a copy of The New Mastersounds "The Nashville Session" on vinyl. I like getting limited pressings and poo poo, but come on, do more than 1000... That just makes it a pain.

Video for anyone not familiar with them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMo8ALy6LSA

Wow. That is some great music. Thanks!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I got a NAS server.

I'd planned to wait a little while, but Overstock's got it for $110 less than Amazon's been selling it for, so I pulled the trigger.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

chicagobutters posted:

I want one of these sooooo bad but it's hard to justify the sticker price.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Toast Museum posted:

I got a NAS server.

I'd planned to wait a little while, but Overstock's got it for $110 less than Amazon's been selling it for, so I pulled the trigger.

If you plan on running any applications on it, turn off Auto-updates for DSM. That bit me in the rear end hard when they moved me to DSM 6 and broke stuff.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Scarf posted:

Dman, those are some tasty jams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

M42 posted:

What year? Haven't seen that color scheme on a drz before, pretty cool!

Looks like a 2016 bold new graphics scheme.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/DR-Z400/2016/DRZ400SM.aspx

Looks friggin' awesome