Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hi guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:eyepop: holy poo poo

I'm not doing mine :stare:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Joseph the Hedgehog sucks

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Someone do Joshua the Hedgehog for me so I can check later, I don't dare while I'm at work :v:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ciaphas posted:

Someone do Joshua the Hedgehog for me so I can check later, I don't dare while I'm at work :v:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Help

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Too late, you're in hell now.

Also ~Toonjitsu~

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My hedgehog raps
https://youtu.be/rSvjM4SL_Xc

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ron the Hedgehog is cool.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674764255&searchtext=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ddNi835EpU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Do you have one without a guy talking all over it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wow Star Fox Zero is...uh...a thing.

It really does require you to basically play using two screens simultaneously. My neck hurts.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVa9cdo7GuM

Lurdiak posted:

Do you have one without a guy talking all over it.
Stretched video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=618hmhS59TA

WINAVI VIDEO CONVERTER UNREGISTERED VERSION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUVuyj3RIL8

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I had a feeling someone would post mine before I'd have to bother to look it up. At least we get a tv series and aren't secret strippers I guess.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Two hours of Star Fox has me with an ache in my neck and a sense of irritation. Maybe I'm missing something here, but this feels like...well, first of all, derivitive of itself, and secondly, immediately gimmicky. I just finished Zoness and that stage sucked rear end. These controls are dreadful and I don't understand what the hell they are supposed to add to the gameplay. It's especially sad because the whole game looks and sounds exactly like I'd want an HD Star Fox to look and sound like.

The stupid giant robot gorilla also animated terribly and felt really underwhelming.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bonus six points for excess zippers but minus like a million for Josh instead of Joshua

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ugB8AzDUQ

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Awesome.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

And now for something completely different: I only just realised that Vaas 'let me tell you the definition of insanity' from Far Cry 3 and Nacho from Better Call Saul are played by the same actor. I knew I've seen this face somewhere.

He's in Orphan Black too, which was kind of a surreal realization.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I flipped out when Trevor from GTA V showed up on the Walking Dead finale.

He was groomed the way I had him in GTA V.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Bout to see Ratchet and Clank in 3d. Will report back.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

There's that moment in TWD1 where the bottom text reads "Carly will remember this" seconds before getting her brains blown out which was a devilishly clever twist.

Telltale going meta with their "______ will remember this" messages are always great, like in Wolf Among Us when you talk to a dude strung out on booze and painkillers and you get a popup saying "______ won't remember this."

Or in Tales from the Borderlands when you skip the credits and get a popup saying "Telltale Games will remember this". Or when somebody gets punched in the face and you get a popup saying "______'s face will remember that"

Quest For Glory II posted:

master of disguise is leaving netflix. RIP

http://i.imgur.com/JhU01jA.gifv

: Am I not TURTLEY enough for the TURTLE CLUB???

It's an anonymous jpeg on the internet, it must be true!!1111

codenameFANGIO posted:

I flipped out when Trevor from GTA V showed up on the Walking Dead finale.

He was groomed the way I had him in GTA V.

He was in one scene of Better Call Saul too, good for him.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Two hours of Star Fox has me with an ache in my neck and a sense of irritation. Maybe I'm missing something here, but this feels like...well, first of all, derivitive of itself, and secondly, immediately gimmicky. I just finished Zoness and that stage sucked rear end. These controls are dreadful and I don't understand what the hell they are supposed to add to the gameplay. It's especially sad because the whole game looks and sounds exactly like I'd want an HD Star Fox to look and sound like.

The stupid giant robot gorilla also animated terribly and felt really underwhelming.

*i exhale large sigh* lol this guy again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

how you been stux?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
So far there's 8 other people, including 3 man children and only two kids. The commercial for Star Fox was lame. Commercial for RC game was cool.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

how you been stux?

only one word fro it if im honest... Freaking Epic. i feel this song bet describes it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H14g_YFSN8

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kewl

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

shall i og ahead and make the may thread now or wait because this one... it reeks of poo poo!!!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Stux posted:

*i exhale large sigh* lol this guy again

Stux! Welcome back. It has been dark times since you left. What did you play while you were on forced sabbatical?

Stux posted:

shall i og ahead and make the may thread now or wait because this one... it reeks of poo poo!!!

Oh that Stux!

*laugh track followed by appluse*

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

Stux! Welcome back. It has been dark times since you left. What did you play while you were on forced sabbatical?

Oh that Stux!

*laugh track followed by appluse*

dont quote me

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Stux posted:

dont quote me

:smugdog:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hell ostux

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
You'd think Nintendo fans would have matured in the decade since Twilight Princess getting an 8.8 sent them on a jihad but Star Fox Zero getting a 69 on Metacritic seems to have driven them even crazier.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

star fox zero looks fun though, unlike twilight princess

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That 3DS Kid Icarus game taught me bad controls don't mean much to Nintendo fans and so I can imagine why they be so peeved over SFZ getting mediocre reviews.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

star fox zero looks fun though, unlike twilight princess

Mean.

axleblaze posted:

That 3DS Kid Icarus game taught me bad controls don't mean much to Nintendo fans and so I can imagine why they be so peeved over SFZ getting mediocre reviews.

Skyward Sword's controls didn't even work for a majority of the players and it still got 10/10s.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

axleblaze posted:

kid icarus' controls would just give me hand cramps if i played for too long, because your hands have to be positioned in weird ways to make it work. I actually think gyro aiming+second analog stick would have helped KIU a lot

star fox zero requires some hand-eye coordination in hopping back and forth between screens which means that maybe SFZ would have worked best on 3DS rather than Wii U, but they're not awkward controls like KI's are

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I really wanted to like KIU but being told that I needed to place it on a table and put in a stand to control it properly gave me Virtual Boy flashbacks and even then the controls still sucked. I really wish they just made a port of that game so I could just play it with twin sticks. Why the hell did they develop a twin stick game for a system that only had one? It's even weirder than them making a version of a game designed to show off the analog stick for a system that had no analog stick.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The Ratchet and Clank movie is very much like the games. And by that I mean it felt like watching one of those "every cutscene" youtube videos.

There were some good jokes and overall it was a generic okay kids movie.

Some good moments being when Clank tries to identify Ratchet and his hud brings up sly Cooper and Daxter. As well as a robot falling off a ledge, doing the willhelm scream and another robot reaching over the ledge yelling "Wiilhelm!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

kid icarus' controls would just give me hand cramps if i played for too long, because your hands have to be positioned in weird ways to make it work. I actually think gyro aiming+second analog stick would have helped KIU a lot

star fox zero requires some hand-eye coordination in hopping back and forth between screens which means that maybe SFZ would have worked best on 3DS rather than Wii U, but they're not awkward controls like KI's are

I wonder if it would be better on a 3DS, I'm not so sure it'd make much more sense. The cockpit view is way too disorienting, especially with gyroscope aiming. I feel like I never have nearly as much control of my actions as I want to have in any given time. Given time and practice I suppose one could figure out a good rhythm and balance to moving from screen to screen, but being somebody who was really excited about this game, I'm pretty dismayed to see how awkward it is to actually handle. To say nothing of the levels. The first two stages had the exact same final boss enemy, and then I got a fun but awkward dogfighting sequence and then twenty minutes of nonsensical forced stealth.

• Locked thread