Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Random thought: I hope the NX version of Splatoon has better local multiplayer, with the usage of 4+ different screen controllers and split screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

...they would of cut down on some of the more boring gimmicks like the gyro wing.

I kinda think they did, because all that exists of the Gyrowing is what they showed off of it initially (the Zoness Mission) and a short stretch of one other mission. Any other time you hack stuff, the Walker Mode does it and fits anywhere Direct-i could. There's even an alternate version of the Zoness mission to unlock using the Arwing and it goes along at a much faster, and fun, pace.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was fine with wanting to learn new controls and even said as much before launch. They're just kind of a hassle and the laser being inaccurate by default just kinda seals it.

You can get the hang of it yeah and I'm doing better then when I started but I'm still wishing I just had basic controls and they would of cut down on some of the more boring gimmicks like the gyro wing.

the laser's not inaccurate, you are

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

elf help book posted:

I don't really love it but its also like 20kb so I don't mind leaving it on on my 3DS or Vita to pop into whenever.

I think the game is kind of impressive technically if I don't find it that fun to actually play. He also got a version working on MS-DOS, which is crazy.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

andipossess posted:

Random thought: I hope the NX version of Splatoon has better local multiplayer, with the usage of 4+ different screen controllers and split screen.

People are going to buy the NX?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ilustforponydeath posted:

For a hypothetical Splatwoon? Probably.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Yeah.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Some people will buy anything that says 'Nintendo' on it.

More than the Wii U? That's a different question

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was fine with wanting to learn new controls and even said as much before launch. They're just kind of a hassle and the laser being inaccurate by default just kinda seals it.

You can get the hang of it yeah and I'm doing better then when I started but I'm still wishing I just had basic controls and they would of cut down on some of the more boring gimmicks like the gyro wing.

The laser isn't inaccurate, it's just the on screen reticle box ends at relatively close range, and doesn't represent where your shot ends at long range in 3d space. You gotta think of it more like the dots and arrows on a bowling lane.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Edmund Honda posted:

Some people will buy anything that says 'Nintendo' on it.

More than the Wii U? That's a different question

I'm thinking that since their home console division is on such an obvious death spiral, the NX will probably fare as well as the Atari Jaguar.

Unless of course they go balls in and give it an SSD, a souped up GPU and a 4k blu ray-player, and then use the same architecture as the PS4/Xbone. But the chances of THAT happening are slim to none.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 30, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm thinking that since their home console division is on such an obvious death spiral, the NX will probably fare as well as the Atari Jaguar.

Unless of course they go balls in and give it an SSD, a souped up GPU and a 4k blu ray-player, and then use the same architecture as the PS4/Xbone. But the chances of THAT happening are slim to none.

Do you think it's fair to say that Nintendo is doomed

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/04/27/nintendo-suffers-60-percent-drop-in-profits-in-most-recent-fiscal-year.aspx

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I can't believe Nintendo is dead again.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

They should make a MOBA.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

elf help book posted:

They should make a MOBA.

an amiibo powered MOBA

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Let me tell you what Nintendo needs to do.

First, no one likes Nintendo anymore, they need to change their name, to something cool and less Japanese, because everyone hates Japanese games. They should change their name to FuckAwesome Productions.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Second, they need to get help from actual good game developers. Imagine, a TellTale Zelda games, a Gearbox Metroid, a Ninja Theory Mario.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Third, they should start developing and publishing games instead of plastic bricks that collect dust underneath my tv.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Third, Amiibos. They're a great idea but they don't do enough yet. There's no reason to buy them. gently caress $20 useless figures.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Third, Amiibos. They're a great idea but they do too much. You feel required to buy them. gently caress $20 DLC.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Third, they should start developing and publishing games instead of plastic bricks that collect dust underneath my tv.

Thank you.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

I think they're way ahead of you on the first item.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nintendo should invent dust-proof plastic.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

elf help book posted:

Third, Amiibos. They're a great idea but they don't do enough yet. There's no reason to buy them. gently caress $20 useless figures.

Most amiibo retail for $12.99.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

an amiibo powered MOBA

amoba

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

elf help book posted:

Second, they need to get help from actual good game developers. Imagine, a TellTale Zelda games, a Gearbox Metroid, a Ninja Theory Mario.

"The Shopkeeper will remember this."

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

amiiba?

gently caress I don't know

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

jivjov posted:

Fourth, Nintendo needs to raise the price of Amiibos or they'll never make a profit again.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rexroom posted:

I think they're way ahead of you on the first item.

That wasn't a list.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[throws a single fire flower on the nintendo casket]

if only there were a handsome business savvy internet poster whom could have prevented this ...

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Sees the latest iteration of Zelda released on PS4.

Immediately kills self.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Nintendo needs to get back into the love hotel business. Also any products involving adult incontinence, as they will be big sellers with Japan's ageing population.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I guess what i'm saying is that Other M was a sign of things to come.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Nintendo needs to get back into the love hotel business. Also any products involving adult incontinence, as they will be big sellers with Japan's ageing population.

Nintendo just needs to start making Mario Kart themed race car beds.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I love the idea of farming Nintendo properties out to other studios because people will enjoy their Obsidian Fire Emblem and their Bethesda Animal Crossing for twenty minutes before unironically posting "Man, remember when Nintendo made games instead of hardware? Can you imagine a Nintendo developed Mass Effect?"

And then we'll get Citadel Kart and then where will we be.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bean posted:

I love the idea of farming Nintendo properties out to other studios because people will enjoy their Obsidian Fire Emblem and their Bethesda Animal Crossing for twenty minutes before unironically posting "Man, remember when Nintendo made games instead of hardware? Can you imagine a Nintendo developed Mass Effect?"

And then we'll get Citadel Kart and then where will we be.

Remember BioWare Sonic?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

jivjov posted:

Still too much.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

elf help book posted:

Remember BioWare Sonic?

*gobbles*

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We'll see. I feel burned by the Wii U, although that's not entirely fair to Nintendo cause I saw the writing on the wall that this console would be a commercial failure. Played some really good games on it though just didn't expect Nintendo to abandon it so quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

elf help book posted:

Remember BioWare Sonic?

With a Bioware Fire Emblem I could finally have my characters connect in ways they never could before.

My Corrin could finally dance.

• Locked thread