Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nasgate posted:

The Ratchet and Clank movie is very much like the games. And by that I mean it felt like watching one of those "every cutscene" youtube videos.

There were some good jokes and overall it was a generic okay kids movie.

Some good moments being when Clank tries to identify Ratchet and his hud brings up sly Cooper and Daxter. As well as a robot falling off a ledge, doing the willhelm scream and another robot reaching over the ledge yelling "Wiilhelm!!"

I'm so done with the Wilhelm scream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

seeing the ratchet and clank movie with friends going into it thinking it's bad but there's no way it is worse than the hitman movie

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I like Timothy Olyphant in things but I can't imagine how lame that script it

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Justified is a pretty cool show

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db6YDRhBarc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP3CPiSOBRs

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Apparently basically every single pro TF2 player was cheating?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q5z9nP0Fyw

LMAO

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I finished Shantae and the Pirates Curse, cool game but the end level was some Mario World special stage bullshit.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I didn't like it much. Neat animations (if a bit pandery) but the whole game felt oddly sticky. Probably didn't help I beat it in the middle of Demon's Souls. Fair amount of bad backtracking and the race/stealth segments were pretty annoying, too. Worth anything for that virt soundtrack though, got dang.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

LMAO

Good lord, this is crazy!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Doom Goon posted:

Neat animations (if a bit pandery) but the whole game felt oddly sticky.
heheheheh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, God of War 3 is a lot worse than I remember. :(

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Cardboard Box A posted:

LMAO

REJOICE IN THE STREETS

(my favorite part was when he said that most of the competitive players that got banned were Sniper mains :gary:)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

axleblaze posted:

I really wanted to like KIU but being told that I needed to place it on a table and put in a stand to control it properly gave me Virtual Boy flashbacks and even then the controls still sucked. I really wish they just made a port of that game so I could just play it with twin sticks. Why the hell did they develop a twin stick game for a system that only had one? It's even weirder than them making a version of a game designed to show off the analog stick for a system that had no analog stick.
I tried a couple of alternate methods, like playing on a table or on a stack of pillows, and I hated all of them and eventually just bought the special stand by itself for like $10. It really is the best/only way to play that game IMO, still awkward but at least it didn't make my arms sore/tired from holding it in place.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Love Stole the Day posted:

REJOICE IN THE STREETS

(my favorite part was when he said that most of the competitive players that got banned were Sniper mains :gary:)

Cardboard Box A posted:

LMAO

Reading stuff like this is always funny

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I have no idea how you'd use that stand comfortably and just played KIU like normal.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

seeing the ratchet and clank movie with friends going into it thinking it's bad but there's no way it is worse than the hitman movie

Like Resident Evil with Milla, Hitman eased the pain whenever we got Olga-heavy scenes

Maybe the secret for helping bad video game movies suck a little less is the addition of hot Russians

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WVEo4yXpho

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Like Resident Evil with Milla, Hitman eased the pain whenever we got Olga-heavy scenes

Maybe the secret for helping bad video game movies suck a little less is the addition of hot Russians
She's Ukranian

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Not enough reeks and Titus DeFoe for a title with 1666 in the title.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I watched Hitman: Agent 47 again and I still liked it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Snak posted:

I watched Hitman: Agent 47 again and I still liked it.

Yeah, Agent 47 wasn't a good movie but it was certainly watchable. Except for that ending though, gently caress that ending.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i am glad president ohama won the election in 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why bother and ban thousands of cheaters from your game when overwatch will just take them away for you anyway?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So that the people who stick with your game get to enjoy it?

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010
Is there not a megathread for video game imports anymore? I ordered some imports from amazon.co.jp, since they now ship to the US and they arrived in like two days. I'll probably never use play-asia or whatever again.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

Is there not a megathread for video game imports anymore? I ordered some imports from amazon.co.jp, since they now ship to the US and they arrived in like two days. I'll probably never use play-asia or whatever again.

What should I know about the import scene these days. Is the PS4 region free? What are some games I should look at that are 1) fun 2) require little mastery of Japanese and 3) unlikely to come stateside?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

What should I know about the import scene these days. Is the PS4 region free? What are some games I should look at that are 1) fun 2) require little mastery of Japanese and 3) unlikely to come stateside?

Ps4 is region free but dlc is locked so jpn games need jpn dlc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, they took out the in horrible taste trophy you got in GoW3 for using girl to solve a puzzle that kills her. I was hoping they changed that bit completely because bleh but I guess not.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh, they took out the in horrible taste trophy you got in GoW3 for using girl to solve a puzzle that kills her. I was hoping they changed that bit completely because bleh but I guess not.

It was a major segment in one of those fem freq videos that came out 6 months before the remaster. Maybe they had an impact.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Kratos uses a defenseless slave as a board to shred down a pyramid while fighting an Egyptian God in the next God of War game.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

slaves didn't build the pyramids what in the gently caress God of War

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Kratos uses a defenseless slave as a board to shred down a pyramid while fighting an Egyptian God in the next God of War game.

Thats rear end creed. Gow is vikings

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Twisted Metal: Black is better than every God of War game ever

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

Twisted Metal: Black is better than every God of War game ever

That's not a very high bar to clear

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I consider it a great loss for video game trainwrecks that David Jaffe's PSP game that he swore was going to be so emotional and mature that it would make you cry got cancelled.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

why does obama sound like kermit the frog?

Nasgate posted:

The Ratchet and Clank movie is very much like the games. And by that I mean it felt like watching one of those "every cutscene" youtube videos.

There were some good jokes and overall it was a generic okay kids movie.

Some good moments being when Clank tries to identify Ratchet and his hud brings up sly Cooper and Daxter. As well as a robot falling off a ledge, doing the willhelm scream and another robot reaching over the ledge yelling "Wiilhelm!!"

raditts posted:

Yeah, Agent 47 wasn't a good movie but it was certainly watchable. Except for that ending though, gently caress that ending.

Oh god how bad is it?

If you want to make a Hitman movie. you kinda have to make a jason/monster movie. replace sexy naked teens with criminals/politicians/secret society guild members/child loving alto opera singers and their Vatican gay lover. and jason with 47.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Dapper_Swindler posted:

If you want to make a Hitman movie. you kinda have to make a jason/monster movie. replace sexy naked teens with criminals/politicians/secret society guild members/child loving alto opera singers and their Vatican gay lover. and jason with 47.

That's literally the plot to the last Hitman movie, a woman being hunted by Agent 47 and Zachary Quinto protecting her.

It was pretty decent for a dumb action movie without going full retard like the Olyphant movie where people are having mexican standoffs that they solve with four-way swordfights.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Guy Mann posted:

That's literally the plot to the last Hitman movie, a woman being hunted by Agent 47 and Zachary Quinto protecting her.

It was pretty decent for a dumb action movie without going full retard like the Olyphant movie where people are having mexican standoffs that they solve with four-way swordfights.

Well that's the plot of the first half, then it turns into a quasi-The Professional. But yeah, it's decent and has a couple good scenes, and the guy they got to play 47 does a good job. I didn't feel cheated out of the matinee admission price.

At worst it's much better than the first one, as low a bar as that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Speaking of Hitman, could someone remind me what the good Hitman games are? I remember being told that certain ones are real good, and the other ones are trash, so I just want to make sure, I could use another action game.

• Locked thread