Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.

hollylolly posted:

Haha, yeah I forgot about that. Six months? I'd like to see the writers' timeline.

In regards to the timeline of the show, I do remember vague periods of time being mentioned from time to time on the show but the writers have actually confirmed specific dates and such on twitter and the like.

The suicide home video that Murphy finds is dated 5/10/2052 and we know from the show that the 100 are sent to the ground 97 years after the bombs fell so that's how a lot of dates and poo poo have been figured out. So, the 100 are sent to the ground September 13 2149 and are there (Season 1) for 29 days. Season 2 is also apparently only another month - that seems a little off to me as Camp Jaha gets built pretty quick if that's the case. Anyway, Season 2 ends November 3 2149 and then the timeskip to Season 3 is 3 months to January 27 2150. I guess I can believe that Arkadia was built up in 3 months given the numbers and resourcefulness of the Arkers and presumably all the wreckage from the Ark that could be scavenged combined with the fact that it's mentioned that nothing much happens in those 3 months and the grounders leave them alone.

So yeah, the only thing that I find really ridiculous about the '6 months' thing is that according this rough "official" timeline the survivors of Alpha Station build and organise what we see of Camp Jaha at the start of Season 2 from the wreckage in only a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Ontari bled all over Clarke weeks ago so she probably spread the nightblood like herpes.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if they use that as a means for the nanomachines to have spread to Clarke tbh. We know she ends up in CoL, so it's just a matter of how. Personally I think she takes the 1.0 key. But I'm not writing off the possibility she takes the flame somehow.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
actually stupid question, what happened to monty, raven, and the b team again because i legit can't remember

esperterra posted:

I wouldn't be overly surprised if they use that as a means for the nanomachines to have spread to Clarke tbh. We know she ends up in CoL, so it's just a matter of how. Personally I think she takes the 1.0 key. But I'm not writing off the possibility she takes the flame somehow.
well that or she seduces luna, which is what i hope for personally

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Prediction time: Jaha dies this season, but Pike survives into the next -- and takes Jaha's regular role in the cast. Not sure if they'll actually remove the ALLIE threat though -- she's also got that island base and the solar array, and the army of robotic drones, none of which it looks like they're going to have time to deal with this season.

In other thoughts, I'm actually not super happy with how this conversion arc is playing out -- if mostly because it's this huge unstoppable wave of damage that's (temporarily) taking out the entire supporting cast. For me, it's a case of the show prioritizing plot over characterization -- I'd rather see the supporting cast doing their thing, and being characters, than turned into a single homogeneous group of possessed people.

Then again, it's probably fertile ground for a fourth season, and it's not like it's not intense. It's just not my preferred season climax.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I prefered Crazytown Jaha to Morpheus Jaha.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

actually stupid question, what happened to monty, raven, and the b team again because i legit can't remember

well that or she seduces luna, which is what i hope for personally

They stayed behind in Arkadia after Raven said there would be safe there as Allie wouldn't go back there.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So Octavia went from living under the floor boards to learning how to fight and go toe to toe with people who've grown up fighting their entire lives, including all the muscle gaining and endurance training associated with that, in 6 months?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this? posted:

Personally the thing I found most ridiculous was the reveal that the show has taken place over less than 6 months. Especially since you have to take into consideration that there was that month-ish gap between 2 and 3.

Wasn't it 3 months that Murphy was trapped in the bunker?

How many of the original 100 are left now anyway? It can't be more than a handful.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 30, 2016

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

raditts posted:

How many of the original 100 are left now anyway? It can't be more than a handful.

As many as the screenwriters need. Right now that number is 0 since their role has been taken over by grounder and space redshirts.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

raditts posted:

Wasn't it 3 months that Murphy was trapped in the bunker?

Month 1, first season

Month 2-3, second season

Month 4-6, bunker time

That's been my assumption anyway, don't quote me. :v:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I wouldn't have assumed that it's been more than a year, but the 6 months ago but took me by surprise. It does mostly make sense if you think about it.

I think we're at nine left of the original 100? Nine with names, anyway. There were about 46 in Mt.Weather and most of those survived, but our current unchipped number is 9.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

6 months makes sense, but requires a lot of mental recalibration. I'm surprised the writers went with it. Shows generally work a lot better if the span of time in the plot is roughly equal to that in real life.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

6 months makes sense, but requires a lot of mental recalibration. I'm surprised the writers went with it. Shows generally work a lot better if the span of time in the plot is roughly equal to that in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P52G4Kyq5M

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

24 sucked rear end though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That was my point.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

hollylolly posted:

I wouldn't have assumed that it's been more than a year, but the 6 months ago but took me by surprise. It does mostly make sense if you think about it.

I think we're at nine left of the original 100? Nine with names, anyway. There were about 46 in Mt.Weather and most of those survived, but our current unchipped number is 9.

That sounds about right. They're running out of background characters to bring forward at this point though, which is bad for a show with the level of character mortality that this one has.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Hey, 24 was great (eleven years ago). And the first three seasons were not the torturekillfests the Bad Seasons made everyone think they were.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

This is a really good video, it's the shame the guy has done nothing else like it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

This is a really good video, it's the shame the guy has done nothing else like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eECjjLNAOd4

Not TV but just as hilarious.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rhyno posted:

Ontari bled all over Clarke weeks ago so she probably spread the nightblood like herpes.

Yeah this was a thing and I am betting that after all the tumblr shitstorm, when Clarke takes the flame there'll be a scene where Lexa appears to her like ALIE does to her people. So Clexa gets to be ~a thing~ again for those batshit fans

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WarLocke posted:

Yeah this was a thing and I am betting that after all the tumblr shitstorm, when Clarke takes the flame there'll be a scene where Lexa appears to her like ALIE does to her people. So Clexa gets to be ~a thing~ again for those batshit fans

In the end they won't allow them to be together, both AI's will need to be wiped in order to save everyone. Bank on it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rhyno posted:

In the end they won't allow them to be together, both AI's will need to be wiped in order to save everyone. Bank on it.

Clarke will be crying and begging HeadLexa not to go right before she detonates a virtual bomb in the City of Light, wiping both AIs clean and clearing the way forward for humanity to rebuild :unsmigghh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WarLocke posted:

Clarke will be crying and begging HeadLexa not to go right before she detonates a virtual bomb in the City of Light, wiping both AIs clean and clearing the way forward for humanity to rebuild :unsmigghh: the mole people to invade

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

WarLocke posted:

The finale was filmed back in December, I'm pretty sure, or at least way before the shitstorm happened. Anything that happens is what they intended to happen, not any kind of pandering.

I'm pretty sure they had the entire season wrapped up before it started airing, actually, but don't quote me on that part.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What? You mean to tell me these things are not happening in real time as I watch them on my TV?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Really reprehensible none of the viewers warned the arkers about the ALIE situation

e: I momentarily forgot about this shows grace and subtlety naming her A LIE

Jump King fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 3, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Really reprehensible none of the viewers the arkers about the ALIE situation

:vince:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

hahaha how did i not notice this stupid poo poo

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I hadn't noticed it either and I think it's awesome.

#hatersgonnahate

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

enraged_camel posted:

I hadn't noticed it either and I think it's awesome.

#hatersgonnahate

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo. That's right up there with the symbol of the Commander/ALIE in the show logo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Man I thought the Ally/A LIE dichotomy with the name was well known

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Really reprehensible none of the viewers warned the arkers about the ALIE situation

:aaaaa:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Hahahaha, Jasper's gonna be so pissed when he finds out Monty lost his virginity before him.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
That's some cold poo poo, Monty.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I really admire that Monty didn't even think of trying any of that pussy "you do it" poo poo. He killed his mom the first time and he'll drat well do it the second time, psychological devastation be damned.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Welp. :stare:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So, let's recap:

ALIE's in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
Luna is basically post-apocalyptic Black Widow.
Indra, Pike, and Murphy, three people who could not possibly hate each other more, have somehow become a dream team.
Any non-Skaikru female Jasper befriends is doomed to die a horrific death.
Raven can see the Matrix.
Monty had to kill his mom again, but whatever, man, he hosed Harper. :c00lbert: :quagmire:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
They're going to shoot ALIE down with that rocket, aren't they?

ALIE has been fabulous, btw. That shot of her in space was loving marvelous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I did like that Alie was smart enough to have a mole in the prisoners.

Hahah Luna turning the tables on Clarke.

Spergatory posted:

I really admire that Monty didn't even think of trying any of that pussy "you do it" poo poo. He killed his mom the first time and he'll drat well do it the second time, psychological devastation be damned.

Monty is hardcore as gently caress.

• Locked thread