Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

i like tacos posted:

But we had Young Justice and Man of Steel at the same time

There's no rule that says both can't be bad at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

site posted:

I meant the part where he ups and quits, breaks up with Janet without having the balls to actually break up with her, fakes his own death and becomes mega rear end in a top hat yellowjacket even though as yellowjacket he acts exactly like the thing he claimed to hate so much.

I was under the impression that he had experienced some kind of personality-altering psychotic break.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

There's no rule that says both can't be bad at the same time.

Good thing then since both were decent.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ehhhhhhhh

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Young Justice had great animation. The plotting and characters left me completely (under)whelmed though. I never even bothered finishing the second season.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

X-O posted:

Young Justice had great animation. The plotting and characters left me completely (under)whelmed though. I never even bothered finishing the second season.

Next to last episode (Summit) has an amazing fight scene.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

X-O posted:

This is how I felt about it except I actually finished it :sigh:

Edit: if only green lantern had Young Justice animation and then it would have been perfect.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's this scene in Young Justice of the JLA sitting around a table talking about all the teenage heroes and it's the dullest, most lifeless scene I've seen in any superhero cartoon.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Thankfully Teen Titans Go came to save the day

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I've actually laughed at TT:Go a few times which is more than I can say for a lot of TV comedy shows. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, and I like that they even made fun of the fact that people were mad that it wasn't more serious.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The first time I really sat down to watch it, Robin knee capped wally West so he could win a foot race.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
BELIEEEEEVE

(ttg is a great show)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The actual trailer for TKJ has been released

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/04/27/first-batman-the-killing-joke-trailer-officially-released/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

BELIEEEEEVE

(ttg is a great show)

Last week's episode made fun of the TV concept of the "bottle" episode by making a literal bottle episode. Everyone got stuck in a giant bottle where they constantly reminisced about previous adventures because going on a new adventure was too expensive this week.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

That animation looks TERRIBLE.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

site posted:

I meant the part where he ups and quits, breaks up with Janet without having the balls to actually break up with her, fakes his own death and becomes mega rear end in a top hat yellowjacket even though as yellowjacket he acts exactly like the thing he claimed to hate so much.
Yeah that was great

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
YESSSH that art looks bad on that trailer. I expected more of the same boring coloring direction taken from the recolored version of the story, but I hoped they would clean up the look of it from that brief promo they did. What an embarrassing version of something from "The Original Writer".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Maybe someone can take the audio from it and make a cool audio-comic out of it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fuego Fish posted:

Which is never gonna happen now because they're going to keep putting out their terrible garbage shows forever, or at least until they stop selling toys and t-shirts. I still have no idea how Marvel can be owned by Disney yet the animation on every cartoon they have is just so loving bland and stilted.

Ultimate Spider-Man seems to look really good (that's Marvel and not Sony, right?)

It's a shame the rest of the show seems really bad, though

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The animation just looks so stiff.

I'm also re-watching BTAS and in like the sixth or seventh episode, Billionaire Playboy Bruce Wayne is using some cheap rear end disposable razor to shave.

Also, I never realized Alfred's voice actor changed after the first three episodes.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ultimate Spider-Man seems to look really good (that's Marvel and not Sony, right?)

It's a shame the rest of the show seems really bad, though

I wasn't kidding about the photoshop filter backgrounds.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

If I recall correctly, Marvel obtained the television rights to Spider-Man a few years back. This, in conjunction with some network shenanigans, led to the early demise of Spectacular Spider-Man. But yes USM is part of Marvel's TV division.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

If I recall correctly, Marvel obtained the television rights to Spider-Man a few years back. This, in conjunction with some network shenanigans, led to the early demise of Spectacular Spider-Man. But yes USM is part of Marvel's TV division.

Spectacular's death was unrelated to that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lurdiak posted:

Spectacular's death was unrelated to that.

I pretty sure it was related to that. All the network and rights issues.

It appears Spectacular died because Sony sold the TV rights to Spiderman to Marvel but not the rights to Spectacular Spiderman the tv show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
IIRC the selling of tv rights happened during a time in which Sony could've renewed the show, but it was already seeming unlikely as hell since they hadn't ordered anything outside of the original order of 26 half hours and it did some channel hopping after the first half of the order.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's a bummer they're finally doing the Killing Joke adaptation and the animation is so lackluster. That looks really dire.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
What, you think that Warner Bros is made out of money?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

The animation just looks so stiff.

I'm also re-watching BTAS and in like the sixth or seventh episode, Billionaire Playboy Bruce Wayne is using some cheap rear end disposable razor to shave.

Also, I never realized Alfred's voice actor changed after the first three episodes.

Cartoon batman technology is weird. They have some modern stuff that looks like it came off the cover illustrations of Weird Tales or Amazing Stories but are mostly in some kind of vague 1940s. It's that or Alfred uses a straight razor, probably.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jack Gladney posted:

Cartoon batman technology is weird. They have some modern stuff that looks like it came off the cover illustrations of Weird Tales or Amazing Stories but are mostly in some kind of vague 1940s. It's that or Alfred uses a straight razor, probably.

Especially in the early episodes a lot of the technology seems like something you'd read about in a "near future" SciFi book published fifty years ago.

Edit: one of my favorite bits of "the actual future always ends up weirder than SciFi writers can predict" bits of trivia is how gigantic and useless the cellphones in Batman Beyond are compared to the two year old phone I'm writing this post on at this very moment.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 27, 2016

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Hey, rich people just don't throw their money away on things. They gotta save it and be thrifty.

Plus, it's not like he had a Dad to teach him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PicklePants posted:

Hey, rich people just don't throw their money away on things. They gotta save it and be thrifty.

Plus, it's not like he had a Dad to teach him.

You don't get rich by wasting money.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batman thinks the current obsession with wet shaving is dumb.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Batman thinks the current obsession with wet shaving is dumb.

I like the episode of Superman where he shaves by using a mirror and his laser eyes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jack Gladney posted:

Then you have episodes were telegrams are an important plot point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I like the episode of Superman where he shaves by using a mirror and his laser eyes.

Batman shaves with an elaborate series of mirrors, and Superman's heat vision.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

DO YOU BLEED?

WHATS YOUR SHAVING TECHNIQUE?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

thebardyspoon posted:

It's a bummer they're finally doing the Killing Joke adaptation and the animation is so lackluster. That looks really dire.

It looks like a loving Flash animation, good god.

e: Flash as in Happy Tree Friends and Weebl & Bob, not as in Wally West, I should probably clarify. :haw:

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 28, 2016

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It looks like a loving Flash animation, good god.

e: Flash as in Happy Tree Friends and Weebl & Bob, not as in Wally West, I should probably clarify. :haw:

Yeah, it's vaguely tempting to just rip the audio, get a superior high res scan of the comic and make my own motion comic.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
At this point it is more entertaining to just wonder what is going on behind the scenes at Warner Bros. for them to give so little of a poo poo about ALL of their DC properties, film, TV, and animated. Disney is printing money with Marvel poo poo, and WB can't seem to be bothered to put a modicum of effort into any DC project they make at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

ToastyPotato posted:

At this point it is more entertaining to just wonder what is going on behind the scenes at Warner Bros. for them to give so little of a poo poo about ALL of their DC properties, film, TV, and animated. Disney is printing money with Marvel poo poo, and WB can't seem to be bothered to put a modicum of effort into any DC project they make at this point.

I think its less not giving a poo poo, and more that WB's upper management are only capable of thinking in terms of formulas, and profit margins. They think they can just copy what Marvel is doing, without caring about the quality of their products and people will automatically flock to a movie because its includes <insert element>. The way WB has been handling PC ports shows they don't give a gently caress about customer satisfaction, and are only looking for quick and easy money.

• Locked thread