Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

AHH FUGH posted:

just put "hehe xD" after the end of anything you say and you can just

I prefer simply typing :~D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
I tried typing hail satan once but apparently satan is censored

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

gvibes posted:

I am new and bad as well, but I kind of like this game.

Also, I am not bad with Malphite for some reason, once I figured out that it is OK to hide under your tower if your are being pushed a ranged champion in lane. That ult!

You should check your masteries because in 75% of your games you don't have any keystone and the other 25% you are taking thunderlords and not grasp (unless this is AP mid, then thunderlords is fine)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ThePeavstenator posted:

I tried typing hail satan once but apparently satan is censored

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Perhaps, the lack of a keystone is because they are new, like they said, and they didn't have enough mastery points to get to one yet

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

SlyFrog posted:

The issue is not you getting mad. The issue is almost always someone else getting mad at you, and telling you that you're a loving idiot, and they only died because you did not do something, and you not responding to that to defend yourself.

That is how toxic occurs in this game. It's not you getting mad because something bad happened (generally). It's you responding to someone else's snippy little bullshit comment about how you need to gank more, or not extend so much, or whatever. When you respond and debate it, that's what kicks the anthill over.

Oh I know. I should have clarified when i said I don't get mad, I didn't mean at the game. I meant like it takes a lot for someone to piss me off in that way. If I want to reply and be snippy and pissed off it's usually just a "k thx :)" or something...I don't have the time or the energy to fight with people like that. It doesn't help anything anyway. Nobody has told me they hosed my mom though...which is very telling. I guess my mom only fucks console FPS players...

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Firebert posted:

You should check your masteries because in 75% of your games you don't have any keystone and the other 25% you are taking thunderlords and not grasp (unless this is AP mid, then thunderlords is fine)
1) I hit level 18 somewhere in there, so I didn't have masteries before then.
2) I have no idea what I'm doing.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

gvibes posted:

1) I hit level 18 somewhere in there, so I didn't have masteries before then.
2) I have no idea what I'm doing.

I forgot that the listing would be in reverse chronological order. Essentially, if you are building him tank, you will get more value out of the defensive tree and grasp of the undying mastery will do more damage because it scales off of your max health. If you are building AP (or AD) thunderlords will do more damage because it scales with offensive items.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hey man just keep doing you. If Malphite clicks with you, go for it. I'd recommend the Grasp of the Undying mastery on him and basically any tanky champ.

edit: Yeah what he said

fatal oopsie-daisy fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 29, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
This weekend's featured game mode is Twisted Treeline Hexakill. Enjoy being poor and ramming your face into other people as you inevitably try to scrounge up a pitiful amount of xp and gold from the other 11 players

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
honestly TT hexakill is way more fun than SR hexakill because it's just a clown fiesta

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Small sample size, I know, but someone with 4 bullets should never be able to do this well.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

How Rude posted:

This weekend's featured game mode is Twisted Treeline Hexakill. Enjoy being poor and ramming your face into other people as you inevitably try to scrounge up a pitiful amount of xp and gold from the other 11 players

It's really awesome playing support in this game mode or anyone with kill-resets.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Decided to play a bit of bottom lane to break up the monotony of toplane spam. Holy poo poo Lucian is so easy and strong.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm jealous of you. I've tried Lucian time and time again since release and I just can't do it :(

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Kashuno posted:

I'm jealous of you. I've tried Lucian time and time again since release and I just can't do it :(

wait for the idiot enemy support to get aggressive on your support, press a button, auto, press, another, auto, press another, auto

congratulations, you have won the lane

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it was really hard for me to deal with lucian until i played him once and found out you have to point target q on a nearby creep to get the full range out of it. now that i know that it's insanely easy to dodge all his crap

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Sexpansion posted:

This is pretty interesting. It's an exhaustive review of champions by difficulty by a current CLG analyst:

not really sure i agree with a lot of them - lee sin is not nearly that hard, poppy is easier than he says, liss is way loving harder than he says, lux easier

it would be nice if he didn't write it like he was trying to re-write riots insipid in-game notes, but i do respect how much work went into it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SlyFrog posted:

The issue is not you getting mad. The issue is almost always someone else getting mad at you, and telling you that you're a loving idiot, and they only died because you did not do something, and you not responding to that to defend yourself.

That is how toxic occurs in this game. It's not you getting mad because something bad happened (generally). It's you responding to someone else's snippy little bullshit comment about how you need to gank more, or not extend so much, or whatever. When you respond and debate it, that's what kicks the anthill over.

Last night I was playing a pretty good Jhin game, and I was unfortunately stuck in the base defending it from super minions while my team was tooling around to no great effect at the enemy mid inhib. Our dumb rear end Kassadin rotated to bot to try to take the open inhib and died, and immediately in chat I see "It would be nice if you would ever team fight, Jhin."

Yeah it loving would, but these super minions are not going to take care of themselves. Well I mean, I guess I could let them end the game and they would, but I'd prefer to win. His duo buddy mid lane Malzahar had less kill participation than I did but you can guess why he wasn't saying poo poo about that.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

rabidsquid posted:

Last night I was playing a pretty good Jhin game, and I was unfortunately stuck in the base defending it from super minions while my team was tooling around to no great effect at the enemy mid inhib. Our dumb rear end Kassadin rotated to bot to try to take the open inhib and died, and immediately in chat I see "It would be nice if you would ever team fight, Jhin."

Yeah it loving would, but these super minions are not going to take care of themselves. Well I mean, I guess I could let them end the game and they would, but I'd prefer to win. His duo buddy mid lane Malzahar had less kill participation than I did but you can guess why he wasn't saying poo poo about that.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Tyler1 first player to be banned, always, forever

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
wasn't xj9 banned forever?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
god i hope this means idiots stop picking draven

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
tyler1 can suck my b*lls

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Not pictured: the tragic set of circumstances that led to 106 CS at 20 minutes:
http://plays.tv/video/57242da9714e982846/fizzs-great-escape-from-piece-poo poo-earth-

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jhin ult is such a versatile and fun skill. You can use it to snipe kills after a skirmish, you can use it to snipe kills on opponents who don't realize that a 40% Annie is actually a dead Annie, you can use it as an engage tool to get a pick, you can use it to disengage. You can fire it backwards and gently caress up the really good gank you just got even :saddowns:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I love queuing into 3 man teams who lose both their lanes and their jungler friend being completely ineffective because hes only paying attention to the lanes that were lost at champ select instead of the lane that could potentially be doing something other than being a tower dive away from +300g. Really great dynamic experience riot has crafted here

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
seems fine to me :confused:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

rabidsquid posted:

Jhin ult is such a versatile and fun skill. You can use it to snipe kills after a skirmish, you can use it to snipe kills on opponents who don't realize that a 40% Annie is actually a dead Annie, you can use it as an engage tool to get a pick, you can use it to disengage. You can fire it backwards and gently caress up the really good gank you just got even :saddowns:

favorite jhin ult moments are when i fire it from a safe distance and a 30% health assassin comes running at my general direction with no vision.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
So how large of a sample size do you guys think you need to determine if you are good* at a champion rather than lucky?

*good being relative because literally everyone is poo poo at this game

stump collector
May 28, 2007

KicksYouInHalf posted:

So how large of a sample size do you guys think you need to determine if you are good* at a champion rather than lucky?

*good being relative because literally everyone is poo poo at this game

25-50 games on one champion on one patch with multiple matchups

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

exethan posted:

25-50 games on one champion on one patch with multiple matchups

drat, I dont think I can even play that many games on a single patch

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Ristolaz posted:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Ristolaz posted:

im at like 50 games on the season

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Tyler1 is hilarious, I will miss him

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I never really notice when Riot bans idiot streamers because I don't watch idiots stream.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I'm in a ranked game with On Fire Diana and On Fire Kindred, send help

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The Mash posted:

I'm in a ranked game with On Fire Diana and On Fire Kindred, send help

Pick on fire Zyra, Wukong, or Warwick for maximum skinergy.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
you missed out on something special then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

The Door Frame posted:

I would recommend smurfing a bit, you get to experience all of the madness that happens when you have a bunch of lovely players, a couple of super toxic douchenozzles, a bunch of smurfs, and a bunch of tryhards who suck, all in the same game

This was particularly hilarious because I literally tried to bronze smurf to see what it was like, but after playing post-rework AP Sion Mid every game of my promos, I finished at 5-5 in Silver 4 on my intended bronze smurf account. I literally can't troll my way down to your level. And I'm only plat 1.

• Locked thread