Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
Count me in for the TTS league if signups are still open. I'm jazz isnt dead on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
I'm thinking about playing in a free-for-all event where you can only bring 30 points.

Omega Leader with Juke, Comms, and Stealth?

Thug with TLT, Unhinged Astro and Shield upgrade?

Inquisitor with PtL and Autos?

Wedge with R2 Astro and IA?

What would you guys say is the best 30 points?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ezra - Autoblaster, Chewy, PTL

comedy option:
N'Dru - clusters, glitterstim, predator, guidance chips (if its a free for all stay back and let everyone else kill each other then snipe the last guy with clusters)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

zVxTeflon posted:

Ezra - Autoblaster, Chewy, PTL

comedy option:
N'Dru - clusters, glitterstim, predator, guidance chips (if its a free for all stay back and let everyone else kill each other then snipe the last guy with clusters)

If N'Dru is your only ship and it's a free-for-all, Lone Wolf is probably a better choice than Predator because you're always farther than range 2 of another friendly ship :v:

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

So eventually I'm gonna need Imperial Veterans. Anyone want to go 50/50 on it? I just need the Defender cards and ship.

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 30, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Kilo147 posted:

So eventually I'm gonna need Imperial Veterans. Anyone want to go 50/50 on it? I just need the Defender cards and ship.

Where are you? (Broadly by country)

Red Hood posted:

Omega Leader with Juke, Comms, and Stealth?
This. This is the best 30 points if you're only allowed 30 points, by a VERY long way. This will be no more than two on one, and those two can only be APs, Epsilons, scyks, or Zs unless I've forgotten something.

OL loving OWNS this format.

zVxTeflon posted:

This is also a hilariously good option, because there should be very few things sub-30 points that remain alive after he's shot.

A Contracted Scout is also a possibility.

But as noted above, I'd back OL 1on1 against basically anything.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

My LGS is doing something similar. 35 points, one ship, and it's a 4v4 free-for-all.

I'm still debating what to bring.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I wouldn't bring OL to a multi ship ffa.

Valen Rudor. Push, title, autothrusters. Stealth if there are points but I don't think there are.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Can't have autothrusters and stealth.

TIE Avanced Prototype: · Valen Rudor (22)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Proton Rockets (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Can't have autothrusters and stealth.

TIE Avanced Prototype: · Valen Rudor (22)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Proton Rockets (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Totally right.

Lone Wolf is crazy, but I think they'd be crazy to allow it in a low point tourney like this.

Still, if they do, go with that thing above. Dice modification even if you get bumped. More actions if you get shot. Proton rockets to knock someone off the board.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Graz the Hunter, Cloaking Device and Stealth Device. Avoid everyone until there is one ship left.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Going to the Tulsa regionals today.

I'm taking Rear Admiral Chiraneau and the inquisitor. Praying for limited contact with triple jumps. 😀

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Only three triple jumps. 58 players.

I think there are more lists with firesprays than jumps. Wtf.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Can I get some goon opinions on which sets to buy if I'm super casual and just starting out? Picked up the TFA core set on sale and only three ships seems super limiting. Not going to be playing anyone but folks I have over to play, so I don't need to be competitive. Just want some fun abilities in a couple different styles.

I was thinking like a rebel aces pack and the tie interceptor with soontir fel? I read this article and he seems like a cool guy. I feel like buying the original core set wouldn't really shake it up much but I don't know enough about what's out there even.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Stan Taylor posted:

Can I get some goon opinions on which sets to buy if I'm super casual and just starting out? Picked up the TFA core set on sale and only three ships seems super limiting. Not going to be playing anyone but folks I have over to play, so I don't need to be competitive. Just want some fun abilities in a couple different styles.

I was thinking like a rebel aces pack and the tie interceptor with soontir fel? I read this article and he seems like a cool guy. I feel like buying the original core set wouldn't really shake it up much but I don't know enough about what's out there even.

The general advice is to just buy what ships look cool. Soontir Fel is definitely good, original X-wings and TIE Fighters are iconic. Very few ships are just outright bad and good casual play it won't really matter at all.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Get the aces packs maybe. Both rebel and imperial. If you want big ships to fly, can't go wrong with Falcon and slave 1

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

ConfusedUs posted:

Only three triple jumps. 58 players.

I think there are more lists with firesprays than jumps. Wtf.

58 tables or players. My boy said he called and they capped out at 120...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Had a couple of last minute shows. 60 players. They don't have room for more. Every table is in use

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

thespaceinvader posted:

Where are you? (Broadly by country)

:911:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So you're basically saying you don't want the Bomber or the Bomber cards?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Well, off to Escalate. Wedge don't fail me now.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Arg poo poo gently caress what do I bring to regionals tomorrow?

Carnor PTL/AT/SD
OL Juke/Comm/SD
Vader VI (or Adaptability, not sure, not got a feel on PS11s in the meta)/title/atc/engine

OR

Tel EM/Proton/R4 Agro/Boba/Hull/Deadeye
N'Dru Lone Wolf/Cluster/Stim/Chimp
4LOM Adaptability/title/zuckuss/intertial dampener
2 points of bid to outbid loving superdash

OR

Dengar VI/title/K4/unhinged
N'Dru as above
Findsman Boba Crew
1 extra point to spend somewhere

I'd really like to run my purple G1a and my painted N'Dru but I can't come up with a build that doesn't have a massively limp closing if the initial alpha fails.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Some Numbers posted:

So you're basically saying you don't want the Bomber or the Bomber cards?

Nope, right now I want to get Ryad, three X/7 titles, three TIE Mk IIs, and a single PTL. I'll proxy what I have to, but yeah.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

That's what everyone buying Imp Vets wants. Good luck I guess.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Chemmy posted:

That's what everyone buying Imp Vets wants. Good luck I guess.

I'm getting two sets so would probably be willing to sell/trade a Ryad card/token and a copy of each of the titles, but I'm in :britain:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Get one and split another with someone so you can both have Max Defender Options, IMO. It's what cool, handsome people do, right Delvan?

Demoed up some Wangs with an iconic Biggs + Luke vs Vader and canonical wingmen thing. I didn't finish my shadow box table idea, but I gave the demo table some appeal all the same:

Both times I just reffed as two newbies went at it, and both times Rebels struggled, though the second guy came from behind to smoke Mithel and Backstabber with Luke before calling it a draw with Luke's regen seeming to be a symetrical counter to Vader being Vader the way they were playing. I'll tweak things next time a bit more in the Rebels favor somehow, maybe scale one or both named ties back to Black Squadrons, but I think it's a nice sampler that's not too complex, not too simple, and you can let 'em know they can pick up a starter and one of each X/TIE expansion to recreate it.

Always fun to see new people organically figure out stuff like blocking with low PS, barrel rolling out of arcs, circumstantial action value, etc.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Does Imp Vets even come with TIE Mk IIs?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Some Numbers posted:

Does Imp Vets even come with TIE Mk IIs?

Nope. Only in the Punisher so far.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If anyone needs an alt art Poe, I have an entire stack, I can peel one out to mail you. I imagine the list of people who play, post here and don't have one already is slim.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If anyone needs an alt art Poe, I have an entire stack, I can peel one out to mail you. I imagine the list of people who play, post here and don't have one already is slim.

I don't!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'd love an alt art Poe, as I'm pretty new. Granted I don't have plat so you'd need to contact me at noxsachi at gmail dot com generous sir/maam.

Adding that I am in the US.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 1, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Man I'm getting beat up today, I'm 1-2 so far. Wedge ain't nothing if I fly him like poo poo.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Admiral Joeslop posted:

How much would it cost to mail one to Australia?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'd be interested, if you're willing to send one to the UK.

E: I've not got PM's, you can contact me at redacted

ro5s fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 12, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Endman posted:

How much would it cost to mail one to Australia?

I'm horrible at figuring out international rates. I think around $5? Just an envelope with a bit of cardboard to protect it, unless you wanted to pay more for something sturdier.

I will try to connect addresses and whatever later tonight for the rest of you lot. If you have platinum, send me a PM with your info and stuff.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I fly Poe pretty often and don't have one, so I'd like to take you up on that offer.

I'll PM you.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm horrible at figuring out international rates. I think around $5? Just an envelope with a bit of cardboard to protect it, unless you wanted to pay more for something sturdier.

I will try to connect addresses and whatever later tonight for the rest of you lot. If you have platinum, send me a PM with your info and stuff.

Actually never mind. I've just been informed that my FLGS is running the demo kit and I'll get the card if I help teach new people to play.

Aragaith
Jul 26, 2006

Kirisame Marisa.
In space.
Help.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'll take one, I fly Poe pretty often.
Located in the US, don't have PM, can be contacted at Aragaith at gmail dot com

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I also don't have one, if there's enough to go around. Located in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
Anyone feel like playing TTS? I got everything set-up I think thanks to some linked instructions in the group. Come join the https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SAXWING chat if so!

• Locked thread