Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Rolled a new knight, cheesed the dancer, killed the tree, made the dancer swords, went to town.
Town laughed and asked why i suddenly need 3 hits for a dog instead of one, and what exactly my L2 was supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hacker dude is still a massive dickwad but I appreciate that he's at least picked an appropriate target demographic. :allears:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Fuckstick A-OK, but 'Nig' in Knight is verboten! It's like the Japanese try to filter the profanity they think Americans will use.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Szcwczuk posted:

They buy a PVP game, play online then hide at the bonfire all game when they get invaded. People are weird.

You misread, I was the invader...

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Sirris showed up in my Firelink Shrine and now that I killed the CS boss, she's gone? :( How do I get her back?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Szcwczuk posted:

They buy a PVP game, play online then hide at the bonfire all game when they get invaded. People are weird.

:lol: if you think DS is a PvP game.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Andrigaar posted:

You misread, I was the invader...

So was I, I'm just saying if they play online they should expect and have fun with invaders not just hide at the bonfire. If I get invaded I often get upset but I still try fight my invaders 1v1 if I die my host can have a shot at him. 60% of people I invade will never leave the bonfire and that means they can chain summon their buddy over and over I wont fight there.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

I wonder how many people actually buy DS3 for PVP. I sure didn't.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Szcwczuk posted:

I'm no fisherman but I'm pretty sure this is bait.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Capsaicin posted:

Sirris showed up in my Firelink Shrine and now that I killed the CS boss, she's gone? :( How do I get her back?

She pops in and out, shes on her own quest. After you fight the doggie on the bridge, sit at the bonfire, and co back, you can help her kill a dude and she'll visit again

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh boy it's time for this debate again. :munch:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

Well I got that one, but the description mentions there are two of them and I assumed you're supposed to use the other one since he's almost impossible to beat without it.

it says he gave the other one to the humans. siegward has it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Nah, I'm gonna play the game instead. Gonna get a few more tries in for NK before calling it a night.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Your Computer posted:

I'm no fisherman but I'm pretty sure this is bait.

Not really, I mean it's not a pvp at it's core game but it is a game that has a pvp component to it. You should be willing to have a good time with it. It's not like it's hard to recover souls.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's a big pain in the rear end if you're near the end of an area and want to call it a night and someone invades.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's a big pain in the rear end if you're near the end of an area and want to call it a night and someone invades.

Agreed, I always get invaded when I'm just trading or trying to gently caress off for the night. I'll just give them a half assed fight and die in that situation.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
I played through DS1 and two without touching the pvp. I got invaded plenty of times but i just took the loss and stayed hollow/used a human effigy to block online interractions. DS3 though, ive been invading and pvping left and right. Man did i miss out.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

Not really, I mean it's not a pvp at it's core game but it is a game that has a pvp component to it. You should be willing to have a good time with it. It's not like it's hard to recover souls.

It might be a matter of gitting gud, but as someone who was a lot of times terrified of losing hard-earned souls, I was not thrilled with the prospect of invasions. On the other hand it was a fun feeling going forward really carefully, being afraid of every corner, but on the other, I didn't really feel all that heroic.

Of course later in the game when getting souls became so much easier it was a different ballgame, but early-to-mid game I peeked behind every corner before daring to go forward.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Just to be clear, the guys hit by the rear end in a top hat probably won't be softbanned - at best he's giving around 100k souls, probably not enough to raise From's ire.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I'm stuck. I got the cinders for Watchers of the Abyss, Yhorm, maybe Ludleth? I don't remember finding them but he's in his chair. I just have no idea where to next. I've explored everywhere pretty well, the only exception is Irithyll of Boreal Valley which has some kind of alternate path through the city I can't reach but can see from various points. What should I do?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm stuck. I got the cinders for Watchers of the Abyss, Yhorm, maybe Ludleth? I don't remember finding them but he's in his chair. I just have no idea where to next. I've explored everywhere pretty well, the only exception is Irithyll of Boreal Valley which has some kind of alternate path through the city I can't reach but can see from various points. What should I do?

Looks like you need to go exploring from Pontiff bonfire onwards. Take it to the rooftops.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

I'd probably play DS3's PvP if not for the lag. But in a game where it's literally all about timing, there's just no way to work with it. I don't know why they can't do whatever fighting games do to make them playable online.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Szcwczuk posted:

these 2 pubbies wont leave the bonfire with me in their session so I've just been afk for 40 mins now standing in a random room. 2 V 1 fight and the cowards wont fight.

Why don't you go fight them at the bonfire?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Azazell0 posted:

I didn't either, but I still spent the past few gaming sessions as an invader anyway. It's fun once you embrace that you'll lose most of the time, but can be a total dick for a few minutes. Or you can practice parrying and die really fast to whiffs.

Alternatively I used a Giant Seed on one invader and found a crappy hiding place. He ran around for 10-15 minutes clearing the upper swamp for me while I just sat in the sleep position not moving and watching the health bars around the map. I think that guy ran right by me actually.

However now I'm really frustrated with lag and watching myself get hit from 2-3 sword lengths away.

Szcwczuk posted:

So was I, I'm just saying if they play online they should expect and have fun with invaders not just hide at the bonfire. If I get invaded I often get upset but I still try fight my invaders 1v1 if I die my host can have a shot at him. 60% of people I invade will never leave the bonfire and that means they can chain summon their buddy over and over I wont fight there.
Ah, the one who starts out winning the fight, begins losing, and suddenly starts to summon every phantom he can in hopes they pop up before he dies :jerkbag:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

it says he gave the other one to the humans. siegward has it.

Siegward has the one for "a dear friend", so the one at his throne is the one he "gave to the humans who doubted him".
Appearently he got it back from them.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

Looks like you need to go exploring from Pontiff bonfire onwards. Take it to the rooftops.

I don't have any bonfire with that name.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Azazell0 posted:

It might be a matter of gitting gud, but as someone who was a lot of times terrified of losing hard-earned souls, I was not thrilled with the prospect of invasions. On the other hand it was a fun feeling going forward really carefully, being afraid of every corner, but on the other, I didn't really feel all that heroic.

Of course later in the game when getting souls became so much easier it was a different ballgame, but early-to-mid game I peeked behind every corner before daring to go forward.

I was in the same boat. It was so so frustrating but once you accept it you have a lot of fun with it. Just have a good time with all parts of online. After a while an invasion became a break from the norm, I started to want them to the point I started using the monkey paw thing.

I guess if you've done the whole PVP thing for a while and came to the conclusion that you hate it I fully respect that. For the few of you that just want to avoid it without some time spent doing it I would recommended trying it. It's a challenge.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I had completely forgotten that I'd put on the way of blue sigil (not even sure it was intentional, honestly) and when I got invaded in the catacombs I got not one, but two blue cops show up. well, technically. I'd killed the guy before they even got in sight, but still. maybe I should try farming the covenant items again if it works now

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

I don't have any bonfire with that name.

Can you enter the Irithyll city proper, though? If not you need to clear Cathedral of the Deep first

If you can, it's just a matter of exploring the city instead to find the next bossfight.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tallgeese posted:

Just to be clear, the guys hit by the rear end in a top hat probably won't be softbanned - at best he's giving around 100k souls, probably not enough to raise From's ire.

I don't think number of souls matters. I got softbanned from 2 for giving myself less than that.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Jewel Repetition posted:

I don't know why they can't do whatever fighting games do to make them playable online.

I really hope they dont look at fighting games, especially Japan made fighting games, for help with this.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Nuebot posted:

Based on dark souls 2, and recent claims. Editing your soul value directly will cause a soft ban. That's one of few things they seem to be consistent about.

Funny since editing your soul value is probably the least harmful hack you could do. Not giving you anything you couldn't get with time

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So is there anything interesting about arstor's spear? I'm trying it out and it's just very 'meh' in every department - moveset, damage. I guess reach but if your target is strafing good luck with that...What am I missing?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

Can you enter the Irithyll city proper, though? If not you need to clear Cathedral of the Deep first

If you can, it's just a matter of exploring the city instead to find the next bossfight.

I took what seemed to be the only path through the city, which went to Central Irithyll bonefire, then Church of Yorshka bonfire, then down to Distant Manor bonfire and the catacombs, where I killed Yhorm and seemed to find a dead end.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

Why don't you go fight them at the bonfire?

Why would he purposefully put himself in a disadvantageous position?
Before you say it's the same for the host, remember that the host has a numbers, health, and estus advantage. Progressing through the level makes them about even.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jewel Repetition posted:

I took what seemed to be the only path through the city, which went to Central Irithyll bonefire, then Church of Yorshka bonfire, then down to Distant Manor bonfire and the catacombs, where I killed Yhorm and seemed to find a dead end.

You walked right past a large other route in the water near the last bonfire you mentioned in Irithyll. Go back and go that way!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

Go back to the water area and look for an entrance where a lot of creepy hair insects are, and go from there.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

You walked right past a large other route in the water near the last bonfire you mentioned in Irithyll. Go back and go that way!

Thanks.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

redreader posted:

1: is it possible for the ... princes? fight, to use the elevator as a shortcut to them from the dragonslayer armour? It only ever goes down :(

You've got to use your head and think!

You have to unravel the mystery of that inscrutable lift!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Andrigaar posted:

Ah, the one who starts out winning the fight, begins losing, and suddenly starts to summon every phantom he can in hopes they pop up before he dies :jerkbag:
That's not so much what annoys me as the godawful hit detection meaning that anyone who focuses on just sprinting all over the place is unhittable. Had a situation where I invaded as the second phantom for a 2v4 and the two of us killed all the host's phantoms but somehow none of our attacks could even briefly stun the sprinting-all-over host. This continued for about a minute straight whereupon by spamming accept he managed to resummon the same two loving phantoms we just killed.

Like how the gently caress am I supposed to do anything if me and another guy cornering the host can't stop him from just rushing through our swings and summoning without even stopping, and if he can just spawn fresh phantoms -- or the same people -- to replace the ones we killed then what's even the point of killing them?