Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Because of the K***ht thing I can't help but read *** as nig, so maybe his name was Chosen Undnig :downs:

ever since I found out they censored "hand" I can't not see any four character astrix as such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/EstusBrah

Whenever I pvp and someone decides to break the e bushido no estus code I invite them to this group.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

When you're about to give in and summon a phantom on Abyss Watchers but you invade and demolish in a 1v2 then ride the momentum into a clean victory :smug:

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Szcwczuk posted:

Some really basic steps:

- Verify the game using steam
- check for video and direct x drivers
- try running dark souls as admin
- Try running in windowed mode

Some really not so basic steps:

- check event viewer and read the crash dump for dark souls 3
- disable your security software

Ya none of that changed anything.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
RE: Sirris/Fingers, you can collect the covenant from Rosaria, equip it, invade with it, collect as many pale tongues as you want, and also respec all you want, and you will not break Sirris quest.

Give Rosaria fingers for the hell of it and you will though. Only respec/invade using the covenant symbol if you want to keep that quest intact.

Source: I had rosaria's fingers on and took 19 pale tongues from Popeporch and didn't lose Sirris until I got the obscuring ring

fish fingers
Jun 25, 2008
gently caress Aldrich

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm pretty sure that respeccing does piss Sirris off

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

Doing anything that offers a tongue to Rosaria angers her.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

I seen a phantom yesterday named Ashen Larry and lost my poo poo

Ashen Larry is more of a host name, and you bust into his game and rob him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Apparently the latest patch fixed that.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Oh poo poo... Anor Londo.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

ElBrak posted:

Ya none of that changed anything.

Walking into that area drops me from 45+fps to 4fps as it loads the area. Is your computer straining itself and passing out?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Does the no drinking honor rule apply to magic too.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Philosopher King posted:

Theres no such thing as honor.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Philosopher King posted:

People disagree about it. But I see people saying you should totally be allowed to heal with magic, and then drink the ashen flask and anyone who doesn't like it is just an unfair meany.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
My opinion of estus drinking is this is dark souls. I'm gonna use every dirty trick in the book to kill you and I expect the same thing in return. If I see you bow or some other dumb poo poo I'm just gonna run up and take a swing at you.

E-honor is dumb.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Philosopher King posted:

I think the no estus rule is more about saving time and removing an advantage the host might have. You cant stop estus spam very well even with lloyds talismans and the host starts with more estuses. Healing magic is compleatly fine since its the opponents own fault for letting the player heal with such a long cast time. If youre so far away that you cant stop a healing miracle from going off maybe you shouldnt be such a guttles unagressive coward.
Im usually fine with no estus duels even if they are invaders since i just want the fight to be over as fast as possible.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

heal if you want to heal. if the other guy gets mad, who cares. unless you both agreed not to beforehand or something

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Iretep posted:

I think the no estus rule is more about saving time and removing an advantage the host might have. You cant stop estus spam very well even with lloyds talismans and the host starts with more estuses. Healing magic is compleatly fine since its the opponents own fault for letting the player heal with such a long cast time. If youre so far away that you cant stop a healing miracle from going off maybe you shouldnt be such a guttles unagressive coward.
Im usually fine with no estus duels even if they are invaders since i just want the fight to be over as fast as possible.

Same here, if the invader isn't trying to tip the scales with nearby enemies or drinking I'll do the same, or at least until the cops arrive :q:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Why do I suck?

I'm finding that even Lothric Knights are tricky when they hit me. I'm easily staggered and none of my hits seem to stagger anything. I can hit something once and it will just swing right through it and murder me with a quickness. Take for example that black rear end in a top hat in the Ferran Keep perimeter. That guy is sick nasty to fight, more so than the red eyed Lothrics.

What have I done wrong?

https://twitter.com/lite_sleepr/status/726567351030665216

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

My opinion of estus drinking is this is dark souls. I'm gonna use every dirty trick in the book to kill you and I expect the same thing in return. If I see you bow or some other dumb poo poo I'm just gonna run up and take a swing at you.

E-honor is dumb.

people are talking about duels. its not really to do with honor its because. healing is nigh-impossible to punish and it will just artificially extend the fight (in duels)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fibby Boy posted:

E-honor is dumb.

you're dumb

anyways uuuuuuugh I dont know whats worse, farming the spear assholes at the ruins keep bonfire or the knights for the bluebro stuff. on one hand, the knights are total assholes and I hate them, on the other hand, the ghrus can just spam their attacks all day and poison you because why does poise work for enemies and not you???

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

people are talking about duels. its not really to do with honor its because. healing is nigh-impossible to punish and it will just artificially extend the fight (in duels)

I have the same opinion about duels.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah when people talk about estus e-honor bullshit they're usually talking about duels. You know, you invite a dude in your house, or you ask for an invitation and they accept.

If its a home invasions all the guns are comin' out boy, just try and suck this dick

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nuebot posted:

People disagree about it. But I see people saying you should totally be allowed to heal with magic, and then drink the ashen flask and anyone who doesn't like it is just an unfair meany.

Healing with magic is so painfully slow I have no idea how you could let someone get away with it in a duel.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lite_sleepr posted:

Why do I suck?

I'm finding that even Lothric Knights are tricky when they hit me. I'm easily staggered and none of my hits seem to stagger anything. I can hit something once and it will just swing right through it and murder me with a quickness. Take for example that black rear end in a top hat in the Ferran Keep perimeter. That guy is sick nasty to fight, more so than the red eyed Lothrics.

What have I done wrong?

poise doesn't work and some enemies are just unstaggerable most of the time. you however, are not. this is unrelated but vitality is kind of a worthless stat.

if you're talking about the black knight or the darkwraiths, yeah they're hard as gently caress to stagger. gotta play a keepaway bullshit game or get good at parrying.

I've been getting summoned a lot LESS for wolf covenant ever since the patch. I dunno what's up. I haven't leveled up or nothing

GulagDolls fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 1, 2016

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I find Siegward sitting in front of a fire place. I approach, my game crashes. I restart the game, auto save has me just outside the kitchen room, I run down the hall, approach Siegward, talk to him, game crashes mid-dialogue. Repeat that same thing four times. Now I restart my game, Siegward is gone, the textures in the room are hosed up, and I can't leave this kitchen without the game freezing my computer. I've complained enough about this game, I'm done with it. It's a shame I've enjoyed every Souls game until this one, but nothing about this game sits well with me and the constant crashing is the icing on the cake. Maybe I'll give it another shot in a few months.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

poise doesn't work and some enemies are just unstaggerable most of the time. you however, are not. this is unrelated but vitality is kind of a worthless stat

Yeah put enough points into vitality to look cool while being under 70% for mid-rolls and leave it.

As for suckitude, your stats don't matter too much in regards to that home. There's only one prescription for that sickness.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vitality is important in that I need to have enough of it to equip this greataxe and have the armor I think is cool on at the same time

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If my enemy drinks, I drink. I just wish turds were able to toxic players like ever. Could have a guy strip and stand still and I'd run out of the 15 you can carry.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

lite_sleepr posted:

Why do I suck?

What have I done wrong?

Nothing, really. Game is just kind of a cluster gently caress. NPCs have poise but no matter how much armor you stack you can't shrug off even the most insignificant of attacks.

Just stack up the DEX and make that Lothric sword Sharp, or change out for a Heavy Dark Sword to make use of that STR. Straight Swords are pretty boss, so at least in that case you're doing it right.

Best bet is to simply out damage things and burn down what you can with R1s. Anytime I try to get fancy and play like this is anything other than skyrim I get punished. Hammer away and maybe I still take some damage, but it's the difference between needing a chug every couple of NPCs versus literally drinking absolutely loving every drop of juice for a single NPC.

If it isn't clear, I'm pretty disappointed with the combat this time around.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nuebot posted:

I like the recent VaatiVidya ones where he just pretty much verbatim repeats some popular reddit topics and finishes by rambling on about how he spends hundreds of dollars on his videos.

by hundreds of dollars did he mean zero dollars.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
How are the Dancer Swords since the 1.04 patch?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sleeper, my dude, are you wearing the fallen knight armor

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Man I thought invading in Grand Archives would be cool. In fact, it blows very hard.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
qUestion about Catacombs/Lake quest I met uh somebody above the rickety bridge, and found his friend hollow Horace & killed him, then told him about the Lake. Currently one prism stone where he was standing and one on Horace's grave. Think I did everything down there, should I keep looking in smouldering lake for the next part of the quest or can I move on (you can tell me if I messed it up but no specifics otherwise please and thanks)

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Just dual-invaded with an Aldrich partner named Lanz of Astora who was cosplaying as a silver knight, complete with greatbow. :allears:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

sleeper, my dude, are you wearing the fallen knight armor

I have the whole set! It looks great.

Should I make my Lothric sharp or refined?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the only places I don't like invading are the grand archives, Farron keep, and anywhere pre-road of sacrifice

I use to hate irithyll dungeon but I've come to like it a lot

lite_sleepr posted:

I have the whole set! It looks great.

Should I make my Lothric sharp or refined?

lol I've learned to recognize it by the poise rating, I've seen so many builds that use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

can those jailers effect invaders with the health drain thing even when they're on the same side? if so, it seems like invading there would really suck