Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheEdgeOfChaos
RSS: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:186677188/sounds.rss
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsjADk1zPaqCyccc6aG5UsQ?feature=watch
Direct Episode Link: Soundcloud | iTunes
Genre: Political commentary/opinion
Released: Usually bi-weekly on average, sometimes weekly and sometimes once a month
Goon: VH4Ever
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 68, "Bully Time" - In this episode we start by doing a little bullying of our own. Neurotoxin starts by bullying against Black Lives Matter and their tactics, followed by a strong bully of Trump supporters led by Joe Ryan. We follow this up by handicapping the Republican field as it seems to be now and leading up to the convention, we speculate about Trump and Cruz's ability to gain the nomination, and speculate about third and fourth party runs in light of both Republican chaos and the increasing nastiness of the Democratic race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Baba and Ganoush Beer Tasting Podcast

YouTube | iTunes | RSS | Website | Facebook

Genre
Arts, Food, Conversation

Release Schedule
Monthly

Goons
Just me (Thwomp) but co-hosted with my non-goon friend Emily.

Description
My podcasting partner and I taste and compare beers every episode with a focus (but not exclusively so) on Chicagoland microbreweries. Each episode will compare similar beers of a specific type (Wheat Ales, Pilsners, etc) with a different type every episode.

Most Recent Episode
Episode 3 - The Rabbit and the Golden Path (Audio)

Next Episode
At the end of April

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006

Podbean | iTunes | Facebook | Twitter

What is it:
Two 30 year olds watch rad movies from the 80's and one of them forces his 14 year old daughter to watch them as well. What does she think of these once (possibly still) rad films? What do our hosts think of them now?

Genre:
Film/Nostalgia/Comedy

Release:
Sometime on Monday around midnight EST, every Monday

Goon:
Neilpeartnoy

Most recent episode:
http://thiswasrad.podbean.com/e/ep-39-flight-of-the-navigator/
What happens when you lose 8 years of your life and return unchanged? You become THE NAVIGATOR! Then you take the Flight of the Navigator, a 1986 summer sci-fi classic from Disney. Kidnapped by Pee Wee Herman, David just wants to go home. In this crazy cast we discuss the peeping craze of the 80's, Greg ponders how you profit from pleasure Island, Willow calls out her dad on feigning interest, and Paul goes full Macho Man! All that plus a couple gnarly Jeff Goldblum impersonations.

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

This is how I feel when we're apart, derMoerder. Good thing I'm outside your window now.

decipherSciFi

What is it:
Each Tuesday we share our rationally optimistic enthusiasm about society, technology, and the future through sci-fi movies

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:
TV/Film Arts/Entertainment

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:
Twitter | Instagram | Patreon

Most recent episode:

Signs

In episode 32
: we realize Shyamalan was really really good at suspense. Alien invasion, crop circle hoaxes, cognitive biases, a deterministic universe, and the very best explanation for the film.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

A Horrible Premise

Available on: iTunes Stitcher Blubrry Podbean RSS

Social Media: @HorriblePremise A Horrible Premise on FaceBook

Genre: Comedy, "game show", improv

Release Schedule: Weekly, depending on when guests can get wrangled and rounded up

Goons: LobsterMobster as the only quasi-permanent guest because I'm basically always available to join a recording session; fatherdog showed up a few times

What even is this thing? A Horrible Premise is an improv comedy podcast disguised as a game show. Contestants are given the title of a fake TV show and several key words and must craft a pitch for a show using the key words as plot/storyline/character elements. After a contestant pitches, the "executive panel" (The other guests and the host) then question and comment on how much they love or hate the idea and what it will take to green light the show.

Most recent episode: "PremiseMania II"

Another episode of PremiseMania is here! We've got Krags, Powers, and TIME HOLES!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Anime Kiwi: Season 2 - [Series To Be Determined]

YouTube | iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:
Weekly, every Sunday (hopefully)

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:
Mike likes anime a lot. Cat doter? Not so much. Listen as Mike shows doter that anime has more to offer than bad plot, yelling, and scantily-clad women.

Most Recent Episode (Episode 0):
This week is the first week of season 2, but we don't know what we're going to watch! Listen to us make this very important decision.

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
We will watch the episodes 1-4 of the anime we choose in this week's episode.
(THIS WEEK SPOILERS: Kids on the Slope)

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Joe-Ryan-546792155357754
Genre: Political commentary/opinion/other random stuff
Released: Whenever
Description: Join me for another Joe Ryan Podcast as I lead off on a somber note with a discussion about gun violence in America today with the death of former New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith during a traffic altercation this weekend. I analyze the "gun culture" of our country, especially in the wake of such incidents when the gun debate begins anew. I finish up with a bit of a recap on the election, particularly the various lies being told as the Democratic race for the nomination turns nasty.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 30, 2016

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

podbean: http://adventureinc.podbean.com/
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/adventure-incorporated/id1102454157?mt=2
Genre: Adventure / Fantasy / Comedy
Released: Every Monday
Goon: BreadSetJettison
Description: A band of adventurers team up to solve the mysteries of the world around them. Also, we laugh and joke the whole time while the action keeps moving forward. Its a D&D adventure with a great DM and a bunch of players with good chemistry. Enjoy.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I've got a couple of shows I'm trying to be more proactive with.

Jojo's World

Available at: Website | RSS Feed | iTunes | Stitcher
Goon: Roach Warehouse
Released: Fortnightly
Description: Jojo's World is a fortnightly Jojo's Bizarre Adventure recap and discussion podcast. My friend and I watch an episode then have an unscripted, largely coherent discussion of its influences, references and anything else that leaps into our idiot heads.
Website

-

Teaves

Available at: Tumblr | RSS Feed | iTunes | Stitcher
Goon: Roach Warehouse
Released: Every Sunday
Description: In each episode of Teaves, Regan Lloyd and Liam S. Smith drink some tea, watch an episode of television, and then talk around it.

yehdawg
Oct 2, 2013

Danger Extraordinaire
Title:
Danger Zone: A Comedy Podcast with Elbert Danger Kim

Details:
Join comedian Elbert Danger Kim every Tuesday for a program filled with so much laughter, so much danger, you'll realize it was everything you were missing in life, and more. There will be guests, sometimes. There will be laughs, sometimes. But, hell, we'd be lying if we said it wouldn't be entertaining all the time. Right? Millennials be warned, this one's for you.

Sites:
Website
RSS
Itunes

Genre:
Comedy

Release:
A new episode every Tuesday!

DZ 20: Terror Management Theory
Today, Elbert turns it down a bit and talks about Terror Management Theory. In order to cope with the fact that we’re all dying, we created culture. But, are we using it to deny Death, or does culture fill us with more life?

Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior by Chogyam Trungpa

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

This is how I feel when we're apart, derMoerder. Good thing I'm outside your window now.

decipherSciFi

What is it:
Each Tuesday we share our rationally optimistic enthusiasm about society, technology, and the future through sci-fi movies

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Man of Steel

In episode 33
: we spend 75% of the episode focusing on Krypton! Because that's where the scifi is. We talk Superman, Kryptonian politics, how Zod was the good guy (on Krypton), alien power armor, superpowers, sensory adaptation, more

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Joe-Ryan-546792155357754
Genre: Political commentary/opinion/other random stuff
Released: Whenever
Description: Join me for another Joe Ryan Podcast as I try something new, "Joe Talks Sports." Specifically, I welcome my first guest, as SpursGuy and I break down the Spurs' playoff chances as the series against Memphis kicks off tonight. We share memories of Spurs titles past, go over some of the key additions made to the team since the Spurs' last title in 2014 and even throw some credit to Kobe and the Warriors along the way.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 30, 2016

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/adventure-incorporated/id1102454157?mt=2
Goon: BreadSetJettison

Episode 2 is up. The gang keeps fighting gnolls, discusses the perks of using gnollskin notebooks, and negotiates with goblins about as poorly as you would expect. Part 2 of the many pennies first adventure!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsjADk1zPaqCyccc6aG5UsQ?feature=watch
Released: Usually bi-weekly on average, sometimes weekly and sometimes once a month
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 69, "Transphobia" - In this episode we address the rise of anti-LGBT laws being debated or passed in states including North Carolina, Mississippi and Alabama, among others. We discuss the role of both state and federal government when it comes to discrimination amongst protected classes, and then finish up with a bit of election talk as both races careen towards their respective conventions.

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

The Fifth Element

In episode 34
: we look at what seems to be everyone's favorite movie, The Fifth Element. We like it too. Broken window fallacies, death cults, space wizards, FTL comms, chamber design, space orcs and space turtles, more.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I realized, like a big dummy, I didn't post last week, so enjoy our two most recent episodes!

Anime Kiwi: Season 2 - Kids on the Slope

YouTube | iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:
Mike likes anime a lot. Cat doter? Not so much. Listen as Mike shows doter that anime has more to offer than bad plot, yelling, and scantily-clad women.

Last Week's Episode (Episode 1):
In this first episode of season 2 of Anime Kiwi we covered the first 4 episodes of Kids on the Slope. We also talked about Jazz, #Teens, and monetizing of said #Teens

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Most Recent Episode (Episode 2):
This week on Anime Kiwi we talked about Zero Escape, Student Riots, and Emotions

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
I am out of town next week, so there will be no Kids on the Slope chat. Instead we will have a short talk about Death Billiards in Anime Kiwi Special #7

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006

What is it:
Two 30 year olds watch rad movies from the 80's and one of them forces his 14 year old daughter to watch them as well. What does she think of these once (possibly still) rad films? What do our hosts think of them now?

Genre:
Film/Nostalgia/Comedy

Release:

Goon:
Neilpeartnoy

Most recent episode:
http://thiswasrad.podbean.com/e/ep-41-little-shop-of-horrors-1986/
Looks like it's suppertime at the Little Shop of Horrors! A 1986 classic musical thats adored by millions goes under the radoscope as we see if its still as fresh as it was back then. In this cast we imagine the movie making process of Roger Corman, Willow correlates waffles to a global atrocity, Greg and Paul attempt to prove they are real men and Greg gives us a theory no one saw coming. All that plus a sad, sad hope chest.

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

The Dark Knight

In episode 35
: Batman and his enemies, whether Batman is sci-fi, gadgets, sonar phone hacking, order and fairness and chaos, more. :)

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Talking Pies

What is it:
Three northern English lads pitch each other movies and decide which one we'd like to make

Get it:
Twitter | RSS | Soundcloud | iTunes

Genre:
TV/Film/Comedy

Release:
Weekly (Mondays)

Most recent episode:

https://soundcloud.com/talking-pies-podcast/episode-14-chekhovs-drone
We discuss being stalked by drones, the inter-species politics of Noah's Ark and the Loch Ness Monster meets Dr John Hammond. We are coming up on 15 episodes so let us know your feelings and inner most thoughts about our podcast so we can better serve you, the listener.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Website

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Monthly

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

Episode 11: LET'S ALL GO TO THE MOVIES! The gang is back together for CBP Episode 11! Mark and Root chat about what all they haven't been doing, while Jin has turned full-bachelor, existing mainly off hot dogs from the gas station. Our topic this month is comic book movies -- have you seen 'em, which are the good ones? BATMAN!:derp:

root fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 1, 2016

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Shareware

RSS No iTunes, Google Play approved but not working yet

Genre: Comedy/Video Games

Release Schedule: Weekly on Saturdays

Goon: klapman

Three guys sit in a circle and talk about video game news and games we've been playing, much like everyone else. But we do have something special, the game club segment which -

gently caress... gently caress...!

The first game we've been playing is Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, and the idea is that we play a specific chunk of the game and go real in depth on it. First we play Chapters 1-3, then 4-6, etc etc. We're still new to podcasting and only a couple days ago picked up a proper mic for it, but audio quality aside I think we've got a pretty good dynamic going and it can go to some weird, funny places.

We're nearly done with Enslaved, so if you would like to pick up on our next game, that episode should be on the 6th of May.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

A Horrible Premise

Release Schedule: Weekly, depending on when guests can get wrangled and rounded up

Goons: LobsterMobster as the only quasi-permanent guest because I'm basically always available to join a recording session; fatherdog showed up a few times

What even is this thing? A Horrible Premise is an improv comedy podcast disguised as a game show. Contestants are given the title of a fake TV show and several key words and must craft a pitch for a show using the key words as plot/storyline/character elements. After a contestant pitches, the "executive panel" (The other guests and the host) then question and comment on how much they love or hate the idea and what it will take to green light the show.

Most recent episode: "Episode 10: Two Tangerines in the Italics"

Would you like to Play in the Mud? How about a Party in the Back? Whatever you pick, it better be good, because the second show is going to be a spin-off of the first, and the third is a spin-off of the second. Zounds!

BONUS: An Horrible Idea to Fix TV

Jim thinks TV has some problems, so he and his semi-permanent guest, Jessica, looked to solve it. A weird new idea from the Horrible Network!

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
I try not to pimp it too much, but. Here is a little something I been up on

The spoony bards podcast

Available on itunes https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=500622655 rss http://feeds.feedburner.com/thespoonybards

Social Media Twitter https://twitter.com/bloodybits Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bloodybits

Genera: Retro gaming

So, I kinda try to guide my wife through the world of retro gaming, but not so much. I'm not sure what to call it. We get a ton of downloads a week though. So I hope you enjoy it!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Anime Kiwi Special

Release Schedule:
Whenever we can't have a regularly scheduled episode (or whenever else we feel like), releases on Sunday (hopefully)

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:
On Anime Kiwi Special we watch anime movies. Watch along with us! Audience participation is encouraged (send an email to: anime at gamekiwi dot net! We record Wednesdays around Noon PST)

Most Recent Episode (Special #7):
This week Mike and cat doter watched Death Billiards. This is a short episode for a short film. We also talk about weird faces and student film.

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will finish up Kids on the Slope and start ramping up to start on Chihayafuru!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

A Horrible Premise

Most recent episode: "Episode 11: But Don't Go on Route 80"

Take a trip to the Emergency Groom because That Ain't No Horse! Jessica and Mike are joined by Chad and his fascination with Jodie Sweetin, or as it will come to be known, Exhibit A.

BONUS: An Horrible Idea to Fix Movie Theaters

Jim and Chris talk about how to fix movie theaters. Well, Jim talks about that, while Chris mostly yells about Batman vs Superman.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Available on: Stitcher | RSS | Website | iTunes | Soundcloud

Social Media: Facebook

Genre: film analysis, theory, and criticism

Release Schedule: once every two weeks, on Friday

Goons: just ol' china bot

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Brain Damage), or just under-analyzed in general (Man of the Year, Lakeview Terrace). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #7 - Married to the Mob

Paolo and Carrie are joined again by Wade to discuss Jonathan Demme's 1988 screwball mob-comedy. Topics include Demme's relationship with Q Lazzarus, tropes of 80s cinema, making flippy floppy, and what exactly qualifies as 'screwball'. Plus, Carrie nearly coughs herself to death!

Next episode: Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story (w/ bonus short films Possibly in Michigan and He Was Once)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 25, 2017

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

Twitter: https://twitter.com/adventureincpod

Goon: BreadSetJettison (Asher the Druid)

Episode 3 and 4 are live. In episode 3, a mysterious machine and the gang uncovers a greater mystery. They also meet a new ally to help them in the future. Episode 4 includes new gear, a new party animal/member and a bunch of bandits that didn't fall for our poorly thought out ruse.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Baba and Ganoush Beer Tasting Podcast

YouTube | iTunes | RSS | Website | Facebook

Genre
Arts, Food, Conversation

Release Schedule
Monthly

Goons
Just me

Description
My podcasting partner and I taste and compare beers with a focus (but not exclusively so) on Chicagoland microbreweries. Each episode will compare similar beers of a specific type (Wheat Ales, Pilsners, etc) with a different type every episode.

Most Recent Episode
Episode 4 - The Illustrious Acronym (Audio | YouTube) - In this episode, we compare Revolution Brewing's Anti-Hero IPA with Lagunitas Brewing's Lagunitas IPA. Good times with a side of unintentional holocaust references.

Next Episode
At the end of May

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Forbidden Planet

In episode 36
: Guest co-host Chris Noessel (of Sci-Fi Interfaces) is on the show to talk about Forbidden Planet, robot design, scuttling procedures, 50s gender roles, alien biology, linguistics, more. This was a big one - so much to talk about!

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006

What is it:

Genre:
Film/Nostalgia/Comedy

Release:

Goon:
Neilpeartnoy

Most recent episode:
http://thiswasrad.podbean.com/e/ep-42-et-the-extra-terrestrial-1982/
Grab your bag of Reese's pieces and get ready to phone home in this Extra Terrestrial episode as we watched ET! A little boy finds an alien and helps him get home. To kick it off Greg remembers an iconic line no one else did, Willow asks the question "who would eat alien poop?", and Paul uses toast as a metaphor for life. All this and we break down Elliots mom to a disturbing level.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Available on: Stitcher | RSS | Website | iTunes | Soundcloud

Social Media: Facebook | Instagram

Genre: film analysis, theory, and criticism

Release Schedule: once every two weeks, on Friday

Goons: just ol' china bot

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Brain Damage), or just under-analyzed in general (Man of the Year, Lakeview Terrace). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #8 - Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story (w/ bonus shorts Possibly in Michigan and He Was Once

Paolo and Carrie are joined by writer/production designer/artisan Jeff Chaney to discuss a triple-feature of experimental 80s short films. Topics include: how to tactfully use holocaust footage, the evils of the suburbs, culture school, and the important symbolism of the human ear.

Next episode: Frequency

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 25, 2017

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Continuity and Change

Available on: LibSyn | iTunes |

Social Media: Facebook

Genre: Australian Politics, analysis and satire

Release Schedule: once a week

Goons: Just myself (BOAT SHOWBOAT) with two non-goons

Description: Three postgraduate students dissect and lampoon the week in Australian politics with a mix of irreverence and genuine insight. Across the three of us we sit at different ends of the political spectrum but the discourse cuts across both humorous, informative and argumentative. We aim for a health balance of letting the conversation flow naturally without going too off-topic.

The episodes do assume some familiarity with Auspol but we would love to get the input of people not from Australia as well and try and make it accesible more broadly.

Most recent episode: Episode 2: Bishop, Libertarianism and Aly

In our second episode, we discuss the ends of MPs Brownwyn Bishop (for Choppergate) and Dennis Densen (for publishing erotic novels), make fun of libertarians and discuss whether broadcaster Waleed Aly's appeal is due to "tokenism".

Sound quality is considerably improved since our last episode.

Next episode: Negative Gearing, Asylum Seekers, the Plibersek Handshake

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 70, "Drinks At The Ready" - In this episode we address the state of the election, but first with a special election in Austin, Texas that highlights the ongoing debate between cities and Uber and Lyft. We address the state of each party now that the general election slate comes into full view after Cruz and Kasich drop out of the race, and finish by each issuing opposing pleas to voters ahead of November's general election.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

Episode 5: The Many Pennies descend into the seedy underbelly of New Meritta. Keth clearly defines his moral line on skin sampling. Also, Gillik loses his lunch.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Sorry this one is so late! I had a very busy weekend and not much time to edit...

Anime Kiwi: Season 2 - Kids on the Slope

YouTube | iTunes | Google Play | RSS | Website

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:

Most Recent Episode (Episode 3):
This week on Anime Kiwi we talked about Netflix, Jokes, and Trumpets.

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will be talking about episodes 1-4 of Chihayafuru! I'm looking forward to it, but it has a pretty high bar to clear after Kids on the Slope!

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 10, 2016

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Surrogates

In episode 37
: Old Bruce Willis wears a young Bruce Willis suit. We talk human connection, prosthetic tech, neural interfaces, robot security measures, genocide, robo-economy, more.

derMoerder fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 11, 2016

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Website

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Monthly

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

Episode 12: INTERVIEW WITH MARIO MORA Mark Catches up with another old friend from College, Mario Mora: The Artisan Rouge. They reminisce about college and professors who made an impression on them, discuss Mario’s current project Pagan Zoetrope and talk about the pros and cons of fan art. All while avoiding the epic flooding that was referenced in our last podcast!

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006

What is it:

Genre:
Film/Nostalgia/Comedy

Release:

Goon:
Neilpeartnoy

Most recent episode:
http://thiswasrad.podbean.com/e/ep-43-ferris-buellers-day-off-1986/
This podcast moves pretty fast. If you don't listen once in a while, you could miss it. Words of wisdom when its Ferris Bueller's Day Off! Yes, the John Hughes classic about a delinquent's day in the big city. In this cast, Greg drops a theory on Ferris' very existence, Willow nails a standard history class, and we work some This Was Rad Theater to show you what it might have been like when Cameron tells his dad about the car. All that and Willow drops a truth bomb that leaves the boys speechless.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

A Horrible Premise

Most recent episode: "Episode 12: Fifty Lizards Named Roscoe"

What's in the box, man? WHAT'S IN THE BOX? Why, it's a new episode of A Horrible Premise! Also, a bunch of Draculas. Jim, Jessica and Jamie joke, jape and jibe some fun time shows for your listening pleasure.

BONUS: An Horrible Idea to Fix University Education

Actual, factual community college instructor Tom joins Jim as they try to figure out how to make higher education better. Somehow, it ends up with Jim helping Tom pay less in taxes and get his lawn mowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

Episode 6: Temple of Sallius Part 3 of 4 - "At Undeath's Door"

The Many Pennies delve deep into the abandoned temple of Sallius looking for the Shi'ay Tome. Can they stand against the forces of darkness that roam the temple? Can they find the artifact they are after and escape? Does Horton still have plans for them? Also, Jebeddo presses a button even though he doesn't know what it does. Are you surprised? We aren't either.

E: Also really cool thing happened. Matt Mercer of various voice acting roles and Geek and Sundry's Critical Role is following us on twitter!