Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Jazzzzz posted:

Why is it that when I disable all filters in the corporation window and search for Rock Venture it pulls up the corp, but when I select it and click OK or accept or whatever the search comes back with no results?

I think that search function is looking for a recruitment ad, which they must not have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Jump Freighters having to gate into low sec and then jump out?

Eh... a pain in the butt to be sure and it would limit the cargo value quite a lot. But that just goes on top of the price so meh. I can work with that if it ever came to it.

I would probably pack the cargo into a triple bulkhead Charon and then move it to the last system. Then have the jump freighter take it expanded from the station to the outgate. That way if they bump me on the station I can just dock back up. The charon is tanky as hell and insures at 100% so the jump freighter would mostly be out of harms way.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 30, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unfunny Poster posted:

EVE NT Collides has it's first championship weekend this weekend with the 3rd place match between Hard Knocks & Warlords of the Deep taking place today in a Best of 5. Tomorrow is the main championship between Tuskers & We Form Volta.

Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/EVE_NT_TV/

For those curious, it uses the "Collides" system which is as follows

http://www.eve-nt.uk/rules/

In case anyone was curious Warlords ended up winning via a come back after an 0-2 deficit.

Match 1 - https://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_tv/v/63797606
Match 2 - https://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_tv/v/63798448
Match 3 - https://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_tv/v/63799105
Match 4 - https://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_tv/v/63799632
Match 5 - https://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_tv/v/63800105

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

YouTuber posted:

If CCP nutted up and fixed Jump Freighters so they couldn't jump out of highsec the game would be infinitely better for it. If JF had to slowboat to a lowsec system before they could jump the game would infinitely better for it. Living deeper in nullsec and local industry will always be a moronic idea until then. No ship distorts the state of the game more than Jump Freighters. In 2007 you could outright kill Alliance war efforts by literally killing all the ships they had on hand. They just couldn't produce enough locally to form fleets after enough beat downs. Coordinated disruption of PvE (What Blackops was formed originally to do) and Strategic Ops would whittle groups down to the nub. RISE was a classic example of this, we killed them so much that they just didn't have ships to use. They would just sit in station listening to RoyofCA's speeches in local. If the same tactic was run against RISE today they'd have an infinite supply of ships since a JF would cyno in directly to the station.

evilweasel posted:

ok greyscale

He's not incorrect. Without JFs, the game would be much harsher, much more tactical. However, it'd be less fun for a large portion of the playerbase.

The rush of B-R advertising brought in a generation of players who mainly play Eve with the goal of "get dank frags" -- they want to log in, no matter where they are, get in fleet, and get fights. It's a fundamentally different audience from the generation before them who were motivated by the spy game, and building and/or destroying empires.

CCP won't make any changes to the game that risk pissing off piss off the r/eve crew.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he is incorrect, his premise is "game would be better" and that's flat out horseshit

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
"it sucks that people can enjoy the game for hours instead of a one and done battle"

a literal argument

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

the dumb dude didn't know we mostly exported ships to jita I think

[ASK] me about my bespoke artisanal locally-sourced moongoo and fuel blocks

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm not really keeping up with the times. What was CO2's motivation for betraying the CFC anyways? When I played they were one of the allies that we legitimately liked.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Voyager I posted:

I'm not really keeping up with the times. What was CO2's motivation for betraying the CFC anyways? When I played they were one of the allies that we legitimately liked.

When we abandoned Vale. Tribute became the new frontline and Co2's home became the buffer for Deklein. They also did the math and Goonswarm participation was something like 2% when based on total Alliance pilots as opposed to Co2s 11% which showed that we weren't serious about defending our allies.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
confirming that my non-participation with my alts over the last 4 years doomed us

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
Hey VG,

Is there a super chill chat channel for folks who aren't in RVCMF can come and hang and be equally as chill?

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011
I've been dicking around in deep nullsec doing exploration, and I've noticed that often times there are zero people in these very low truesec systems, with tons of anomalies sitting there ripe for the picking.

Why do these people hold the sov if they aren't going to use it? Also, is there a way to gently caress with their space utilizing the new sov mechanics? I think it would be hilarious to flip a system deep in someone's backyard.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Entosis the TCU or whatever

Tally
May 26, 2011

Logistics is one of the most awful parts of the game, nerfing it is a bad idea.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Tally posted:

Logistics is one of the most awful parts of the game, nerfing it is a bad idea.

Nah we should make it so that the only way to realistically live in null is to have giant production chains out there; while in no way changing how easy it is to boot an alliance out of a region. That can't have any ill effects, right?

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Entosis the TCU or whatever

What type of alerts does this generate for the defending alliance?

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Voyager I posted:

When I remember the diplomatic leaks correctly they demanded more and more stuff and were more and more bitter when they didn't get it. Apparently they where unhappy with goons for quite a while before betraying us.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hubbl3 posted:

When I remember the diplomatic leaks correctly they demanded more and more stuff and were more and more bitter when they didn't get it. Apparently they where unhappy with goons for quite a while before betraying us.

No they were mad at didn't have their backs when they wanted to shoot TNT

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

vyst posted:

No they were mad at didn't have their backs when they wanted to shoot TNT

I'm still wondering why we didn't kick them out of the coalition earlier.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQqOqm4eYM

Hmmmm.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:eyepop:

That's a nice Lance Beam.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

From what I've heard the sig radius scaling on those isn't working right so subcaps eat the full amount every second.

Edit: That should only be doing 1500-2000 per second to those cruisers, not alphaing them like it is in that video. Sig radius scaling definitely isn't working.

brand engager fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 1, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

from the people that thought tracking titans were a great thing

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

YouTuber posted:

It's because Goons are huge babbis who can't handle the prospect of not sourcing every tidbit from Jita directly. If CCP nutted up and fixed Jump Freighters so they couldn't jump out of highsec the game would be infinitely better for it. If JF had to slowboat to a lowsec system before they could jump the game would infinitely better for it. Living deeper in nullsec and local industry will always be a moronic idea until then. No ship distorts the state of the game more than Jump Freighters. In 2007 you could outright kill Alliance war efforts by literally killing all the ships they had on hand. They just couldn't produce enough locally to form fleets after enough beat downs. Coordinated disruption of PvE (What Blackops was formed originally to do) and Strategic Ops would whittle groups down to the nub. RISE was a classic example of this, we killed them so much that they just didn't have ships to use. They would just sit in station listening to RoyofCA's speeches in local. If the same tactic was run against RISE today they'd have an infinite supply of ships since a JF would cyno in directly to the station.

Oh no, I have to pay some pubbie to carry nearly three times a JF load three or four jumps from Jita for 50k isk, then take one gate. You aren't changing the ability to use JF for null logistics, you're just adding a stupid QoL nerf that most people won't ever see or feel.

That said, ganking any idiot that actually takes his JF through high sec without the ability to jump out would be hilarious. But the idea is still dumb as a way to kill null logistics.

Edit: ugh, didn't see this last page.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hey :ullerrm:

Whats the new hotness fit for a Naglfar in a high angle environment? I want one for wormhole defense and dropping on basically everything that comes through. Not in a c5 or c6 so i don't have to worry about getting countered by other capitals. The current fit I have is pre citadels and uses an active armour tank and has the mids full of sensor boosters, tracking enhancers and a target painter, which seems a bit redundant now. So what do you recommend?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

From what I've heard the sig radius scaling on those isn't working right so subcaps eat the full amount every second.

Edit: That should only be doing 1500-2000 per second to those cruisers, not alphaing them like it is in that video. Sig radius scaling definitely isn't working.

Well at least :ccp: will surely reimburse any subcaps that get popped by this bugged and incredibly unfair game mechanic, right?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Eminai posted:

Well at least :ccp: will surely reimburse any subcaps that get popped by this bugged and incredibly unfair game mechanic, right?

Maybe? The mechanic definitely isn't working as intended. Those numbers I posted above were without taking resists into effect too, so if the sig scaling was working they would have just taken a few small ticks of damage and jumped through the gate alive. Wouldn't be suprised if ccp reimburses them.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Any chance those cruisers have their MWDs on and have multiple extenders/rigs that bloom sigs? Not saying you're wrong, just that all cruisers are not alike.

e: watching the video again, the pods are only taking a few hundred damage, so it seems it's working there, right?

pugnax fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 1, 2016

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Maybe? The mechanic definitely isn't working as intended. Those numbers I posted above were without taking resists into effect too, so if the sig scaling was working they would have just taken a few small ticks of damage and jumped through the gate alive. Wouldn't be suprised if ccp reimburses them.

TBH I completely expect that some will be reimbursed and some won't, with absolutely no consistency with regard to their reasoning.

e;

pugnax posted:

Any chance those cruisers have their MWDs on and have multiple extenders/rigs that bloom sigs? Not saying you're wrong, just that all cruisers are not alike.

Two interceptors were also DD'ed, neither of them had shield extenders on.

Eminai fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 1, 2016

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

pugnax posted:

They were coming out of warp onto a gate at zero, so no they didn't have MWDs on. No idea on fits though, I imagine you could check the killmails if you actually cared.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

pugnax posted:

They were just coming out of warp so they couldn't have had MWDs running. I'm looking at pyfa and a double extender triple shield rigged caracal has a 197m sig, and 65% exp resist. So the base 50000 damage that beam does should have been reduced to 689.5, but you can see in the video that there's a caracal that gets hit for around 22000 damage in one tick.

Edit: caracal got hit by 14.4k not 22k, but that's still way more than it should have been.

brand engager fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 1, 2016

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

pugnax posted:

e: watching the video again, the pods are only taking a few hundred damage, so it seems it's working there, right?

I too have my MWD on when I'm in warp and landing on a gate.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Yeah I just did the pyfa math too, clearly hosed up and should be reimbursed.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

pugnax posted:

Damage done doesn't count overkill damage, so you can't hit something for more hp than it has.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

darth cookie posted:

Whats the new hotness fit for a Naglfar in a high angle environment?

Buy a Rev.

Embrace your new 8-Low Slot, Purple Laser Jesus

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Sig radius problem aside, I'm surprised it took them so long to finally do this. I saw people practicing this kind of thing on SiSi several times in the Syndicate thunderdome systems. Although maybe it's just taken this long to get one of the new DDs manufactured.

Edit:

Xolve posted:

Buy a Rev.

Disco Rev or GTFO.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Xolve posted:

Buy a Rev.

Eventually I will, but for the time being its Naglfars I'm interested in.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna skill into both an Archon and a Rev. No reason not to be able to fly both.

Seems ratting carriers are totally a thing now, since they can chase off small gangs with their fighters. Likewise, I bet dreads are now going to be useful for dealing with the new supercap rats.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
are shield tanked caps a thing or is it still all armor, all the time

edit: meaning will you get laughed at if you train for a chimera, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Rip in pieces

• Locked thread