Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it sucks there regardless but it's infinitely worse for the host

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

New co-op gimmick idea, blue character with dragon stones named Ocelotte.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

lite_sleepr posted:

I have the whole set! It looks great.

Oh you poor thing :smith:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I can't even beat Crystal Sage on my whip character what the gently caress.

I have regrets in my life. :negative:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I make sure I'm embered when I go through the dungeons because I really want someone to invade me in that room with like 10 jailers so I can use this seed of giants I've been holding onto all game

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

lite_sleepr posted:

What have I done wrong?

A few things:

1) You have very little Vigor (health)
2) You put points into vitality, which is mostly worthless.
3) You're above 70% weight ratio which means your roll sucks.
4) You're using a Dex weighted weapon, and have more than twice the amount of strength than is required to use the weapon. You should have much more Dex instead to do more damage.

The easiest thing to do in this game is just pump vigor up to around 20 early on, get just enough stats to use a weapon you want, then infuse it with Raw and upgrade it. Later on you can switch infusions and pump strength or dex depending on what's better for that weapon.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So is it just that there are a ton of enemies that you can't parry no matter what?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Crystal Sage is kinda hard when you're underleveled, Pinwheel was too.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I make sure I'm embered when I go through the dungeons because I really want someone to invade me in that room with like 10 jailers so I can use this seed of giants I've been holding onto all game

yeah if there's one place to use that, it's there. place is DENSE

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh you poor thing :smith:

Is there a joke I'm missing about that armor?

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

lite_sleepr posted:

Why do I suck?

I'm finding that even Lothric Knights are tricky when they hit me. I'm easily staggered and none of my hits seem to stagger anything. I can hit something once and it will just swing right through it and murder me with a quickness. Take for example that black rear end in a top hat in the Ferran Keep perimeter. That guy is sick nasty to fight, more so than the red eyed Lothrics.

What have I done wrong?

You have no health and a fatroll. Put more points in Vigor and don't go over 69.9% equip load.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

besides the fact that's it's suuuuper overused

the pants are covered in pee/poopie, as per the description

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

It is the coolest looking armor set in the game so a lot of people wear it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Babe Magnet posted:

besides the fact that's it's suuuuper overused

the pants are covered in pee/poopie, as per the description

Oh. Glad I used the Mirrah armor for a majority of the game, because it's the best armor. :colbert:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

the only places I don't like invading are the grand archives, Farron keep, and anywhere pre-road of sacrifice

I use to hate irithyll dungeon but I've come to like it a lot

lol I've learned to recognize it by the poise rating, I've seen so many builds that use it

Soooo, should I?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CascadeBeta posted:

Its a terribly overused set and the description literally says the previous owner shat his pants in terror while wearing it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

Why do I suck?

I'm finding that even Lothric Knights are tricky when they hit me. I'm easily staggered and none of my hits seem to stagger anything. I can hit something once and it will just swing right through it and murder me with a quickness. Take for example that black rear end in a top hat in the Ferran Keep perimeter. That guy is sick nasty to fight, more so than the red eyed Lothrics.

What have I done wrong?

https://twitter.com/lite_sleepr/status/726567351030665216

1)you have more vitality than vigor. what the gently caress. vigor should be your highest stat.
2)you're wearing lloyd's ring with 70% equip load. im pretty sure that does nothing.
3)using straight sword to carry your bitch noob rear end
4)you are bad at the game

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mirrah armor is for dingdongs too, imho

argondamn posted:

It is the coolest looking armor set in the game so a lot of people wear it.

coolest looking armor set is actually the dark souls 1 knight armor

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

both of the returning dark souls 2 sets look good in this game

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

argondamn posted:

New co-op gimmick idea, blue character with dragon stones named Ocelotte.

Does your character color influence your color as a dragon?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

Soooo, should I?

Like other ssaid, there's no reason to Sharp it if your STR is higher than your Dex. If you plan on pumping more strength, make it heavy. If you plan on keeping your STR and DEX relatively even, make it Refined. If you don't plan on raising either of those stats over 25, keep it normal.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I miss my sanctum knight armor cause it made my lady's hips real wide cause it looked cool

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Nanomashoes posted:

1)you have more vitality than vigor. what the gently caress. vigor should be your highest stat.
2)you're wearing lloyd's ring with 70% equip load. im pretty sure that does nothing.
3)using straight sword to carry your bitch noob rear end
4)you are bad at the game

Straight swords are the best, idiot hellfucker.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

MPLS to NOLA posted:

qUestion about Catacombs/Lake quest I met uh somebody above the rickety bridge, and found his friend hollow Horace & killed him, then told him about the Lake. Currently one prism stone where he was standing and one on Horace's grave. Think I did everything down there, should I keep looking in smouldering lake for the next part of the quest or can I move on (you can tell me if I messed it up but no specifics otherwise please and thanks)

You can move on. The NPC will show up again in the next major area after the Catacombs boss. It is really easy to screw up the quest in the next section so my non-specific advice is to really explore and cover all the ground in the building where you next meet the npc; often there will be messages on the ground about this. If you leave that building and haven't discovered something notable, then you've missed something important and the quest might break.

Edit: On an entirely separate note since there are two quests involving upcoming areas and you're talking about one of them... if you haven't yet you may want to go back to the well outside the Cleansing Church bonfire and see if anything's going on over there.

Meiteron fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 1, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

My favorite armor in the whole series in terms of looks is probably either the Crystalline set from DS1 or the Brushwood set from DeS

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

Does your character color influence your color as a dragon?

No idea, would be cool if it did.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
cant believe it's dark souls 3 and we still don't have the Pursuer's armor, yet we have his shield.

Not even his gigantic sword is in this game :mad:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

Straight swords are the best, idiot hellfucker.

Exactly, so if you use them, you'll never get good.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
How do I get back to the statue of the beheading knight?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Jewel Repetition posted:

How do I get back to the statue of the beheading knight?

Vordt Bonfire, run all the way up the stairs.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

A few things:

1) You have very little Vigor (health)
2) You put points into vitality, which is mostly worthless.
3) You're above 70% weight ratio which means your roll sucks.
4) You're using a Dex weighted weapon, and have more than twice the amount of strength than is required to use the weapon. You should have much more Dex instead to do more damage.

The easiest thing to do in this game is just pump vigor up to around 20 early on, get just enough stats to use a weapon you want, then infuse it with Raw and upgrade it. Later on you can switch infusions and pump strength or dex depending on what's better for that weapon.

What would you say for the Astora Straight Sword?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

rear end is probably same thing. Depends on your highest stat.

Rule of thumb seems to be that whatever stat you decide to bring over 30, that's what infusion you want to give your weapon. Under 30 and it doesn't really matter terribly much.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CascadeBeta posted:

The pants are filled with poo poo and also human excrement

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Oh to savour the sweet pungency but once more...

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

Replace the word "straight" with "great" and you have a solid weapon.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

Why do I suck?

What have I done wrong?

https://twitter.com/lite_sleepr/status/726567351030665216

lite_sleepr posted:

Your next four levels should go into vigor for more HP. You have enough vitality that you may want to just wear beefier armour while keeping your equip load just under 70% to take advantage of it. the Astora Straight Sword is fine, any weapon with even stat scaling or str scaling will be fine. You really don't need to touch offensive stats for a long time.

There's nothing irreversibly broken about that loadout. You have allocated stats to be a very offensive, str-leaning, heavy armour sort of fellow. Beef up your health and switch to a straight sword or any weapon which takes more advantage of your strength, and just keep practicing.

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.

lite_sleepr posted:

Astora Straight Sword has high base damage but bad scaling, so it's ideal for a Raw infusion, which will be really strong for most of the early game. It is a solid choice.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I have seen silver knights pop and drop literally every loving item on their loot table sans ears more times than I've seen ears. I have 99 luck and 500 item find. I have 18 ears. I'm in hell. This is the worst loving poo poo I've ever done to myself. I just sold 297 loving silver knight boots and hats and shields. I did the math.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
there has to be a better way to get swordgrass and ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
lol 13 vigor in a game where the hp stat gives literally double the hp old dark souls hp stats gave