Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

majormonotone posted:

the NX is going to be called the Wii Next

It will be called the Wii W.

For WiiWata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
Xenoblades or Splatoon? Is splatoon still worth a buy this late?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zarfol posted:

Literally half the install base logged in for a splatfest not too long ago. It's hella worth it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zarfol posted:

Splatoon and yes.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zarfol posted:

Would you rather play
-a mostly single player action rpg with a huge beautiful world and good exploration and some questionable design decisions and a laughably half baked story
-a mostly online multiplayer arena shooter with unique mechanics and amazing design (both game and art) and a campaign that, while very good, clearly took a back seat to the online stuff

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Zarfol posted:

I tried Splatoon for the first time this morning and found matches quickly and had tons of fun.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Splatoon is a great, fresh game that's surprisingly fun, easy to start, and only gets better as you get deeper into it. Its unique vibe and Nintendo cult status ensure it's going to have a healthy online community until the sequel eventually comes out.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is a game with a gorgeous world, a confusing but interesting battle system, and some terrible plot, characters, and mind bogglingly bad gameplay decisions. Doing anything is a slow slog, and as you play deeper into it those flaws become even more pronounced, you realize the exploration is really shallow, and there's no payoff for your mastery of its admittedly cool combat system. I've said this before but it's a rare game where I don't just regret purchasing it, I regret dumping like a month of free time into it before realizing it was never gonna deliver whatever I thought it would.

Xenoblade Chronicles Wii seems pretty good though, gonna try that out someday. By all accounts Xenoblade X took everything people liked about the Wii game and got rid of it, while doubling down on the stuff people didn't like.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tender Bender posted:

Splatoon is a really good game that's surprisingly fun, easy to start, and only gets better as you get deeper into it.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is a game with a gorgeous world, a confusing but interesting battle system, and some terrible plot, characters, and mind bogglingly bad gameplay decisions. Doing anything is a slow slog, and as you play deeper into it those flaws become even more pronounced, you realize the exploration is really shallow, and there's no payoff for your mastery of its admittedly cool combat system. I've said this before but it's a rare game where I don't just regret purchasing it, I regret dumping like a month of free time into it before realizing it was never gonna deliver whatever I thought it would.

Xenoblade Chronicles Wii seems pretty good though, gonna try that out someday. By all accounts Xenoblade X took everything people liked about the Wii game and got rid of it, while doubling down on the stuff people didn't like.

Even with all of that, I know this one guy that has poured eight hundred hours into it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What's keeping nintendo from porting over the good virtual boy game anyway

Laziness at this point, They could have work it into a 3D Classic but the only thing they have done was 6 NES games two of them a Namco and Konami game. Sega on the other hand have been able to make 23 3D Classics games some with new features and add ons. Even if they couldn't emulate Virtual Boy perfectly they could remake the game itself to work on the 3DS

Zarfol posted:

Its never to late to play Splatoon. The only game that I have played as long as Splatoon is Pokemon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does star fox zero have a macbeth level

Is it a good macbeth level

I mean, why mess with perfection, but still

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

This is Star Fox Zero's only failing

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

It isn't as cool as Macbeth but there's an early level where you fly through a narrow gap in an enemy battleship's shield, sneak in through the back to blow up the generator, and then escape right before your allies blow the ship to pieces. I liked it. Also the slo-mo when you fly past a star wolf ship in lock on is rad

The game is less star fox 64 2 and more star fox 64 + 2

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FirstAidKite posted:

The Forever Train rides on in our hearts, but not in Star Fox Zero :sigh:.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm late on this but i like marie more than callie. that's all

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sharrrk posted:

i agree, friend

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Marie Supremacy

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i like them both, equally

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

liar

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

codenameFANGIO posted:

Marie Supremacy

:yeah:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't really give a gently caress what level is active, I'd rather just jump in and find out let me skip your loving cut scene.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

sharrrk posted:

Excellent taste

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

It will be called the Wii W.

For WiiWata

They're going old school with the name. It'll be the Powerful Nintendo Entertainment System. Or PNES.

To rip off someone's joke from a year ago.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Every day's great at your zoness

I just want to make sure everyone saw this and recognizes it's greatness

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

greatn posted:

I don't really give a gently caress what level is active, I'd rather just jump in and find out let me skip your loving cut scene.

This doesn't sound very fresh.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

sharrrk posted:

The correct opinion.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

wow, such a controversial opinion, thank you for your bravery

but sadly incorrect

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Kirby avatars bringin' some serious wrongposting today

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
wow, stereotyping, typical marie move

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Judd's better than all of them.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Judd's better than all of them.

I think we can all agree with this

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the next nintendo system will be called Smoke.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

smell this posted:

the next nintendo system will be called Smoke.

with corresponding handheld Mirrors?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I wasn't aware Penn and Teller were making videogames again. Let alone with Nintendo.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The WiiU is the only console worth owning right now.

This says more about how dire this console generation is so far than it does about the WiiU being good, mind you.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm looking to buy a pre - owned Wii U with Splatoon preinstalled. Will I be able to play the game or is there some account system that will lock me out of playing the game?

Also, how much space do Wii U games usually require? I don't really want to buy an external drive as well.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mario 3D world is a lot of fun, but I feel like I'm just really bad at the game. I don't know what it is, but I keep misjudging where I am in relation to the level geometry. It probably doesn't help that I play it co-op so the camera's always trying to zoom out and keep us both on screen at the same time

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Renoistic posted:

I'm looking to buy a pre - owned Wii U with Splatoon preinstalled. Will I be able to play the game or is there some account system that will lock me out of playing the game?

Also, how much space do Wii U games usually require? I don't really want to buy an external drive as well.

if youre aimin for mostly digital you will deffo need an external drive. xenoblade x is the biggest and uses like 15g with all its patch modules. not sure what the average is though

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

New Wii U

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Renoistic posted:

It might be tied to a previous owner's NNID; in which case you could potentially lose access if they called Nintendo and had a remote system transfer performed at a later date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

jivjov posted:

It might be tied to a previous owner's NNID; in which case you could potentially lose access if they called Nintendo and had a remote system transfer performed at a later date.

In this case it came preinstalled when they bought it, one of the official bundles. So it's not like they bought it digitially. That's why I'm unsure how it works.

• Locked thread