Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Hey, guys, is there any way I can prove to everybody here that I'm a rube that society has passed by and that I'm really resentful of my cultural irrelevance?

When I hear the word 'culture', that's when I reach for my revolver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Maoist Pussy posted:

Jeez, I didn't take you for the sort who got so triggered that they contemplated suicide. Calm down, bro!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait for 2020August when the Republican nominee is running on a platform of letting Americans say "that's gay" again so that I can be free of this politically correct nightmare hellscape.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Okay, but, like, folks were talking about their transphobic anxieties and then you mentioned Bernie and that is what we call a "switcheroo." It's a pretty clever comeback so you should own it. That's how you make friends, bro.

Maybe you make your friends on the somethingawful forums but I do not.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I can't wait for 2020 when the Republican nominee runs on a platform of letting Americans say "that's gay" again so that I can be free of this politically correct nightmare hellscape.

Why would incumbent Donald Trump run on that?

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I can't wait for 2020 when the Republican nominee runs on a platform of letting Americans say "that's gay" again so that I can be free of this politically correct nightmare hellscape.

You have a very optimistic vision of the GOP circa 2020.

I have a feeling in 2020 people will actually be killed in political rioting rather than this wimpy "my feelings will be hurt if you call me a racist" poo poo we have going on now.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Jeez, I didn't take you for the sort who got so triggered that they contemplated suicide. Calm down, bro!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanns_Johst

Sounds like you need to brush up on your culture, bro.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Prof. Lurker posted:

Gallup poll, favorability ratings:

Among Republicans and Republican leaners:

Kasich: +20
Trump: +20
Cruz: -2

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189299/presidential-election-2016-key-indicators.aspx?g_source=ELECTION_2016&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

For context, among Democrats and Democratic leaning independents:

Clinton +46
Sanders +53

Republicans are staring into structural disaster even before you get to the part of their candidates being much less popular with their own constituents than the democrats.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Maoist Pussy posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanns_Johst

Sounds like you need to brush up on your culture, bro.

Not a chance I'm reading that.

Bernice Anders posted:

Maybe you make your friends on the somethingawful forums but I do not.

Your loss, bro. This is a place for cool kids and when you're a goon, you're a goon all the way, from your first "unironically this" to your last "nice meltdown."

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Three Olives posted:

For context, among Democrats and Democratic leaning independents:

Clinton +46
Sanders +53

Republicans are staring into structural disaster even before you get to the part of their candidates being much less popular with their own constituents than the democrats.

Did we give up when the Japanese took down the twin towers???

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Your loss, bro. This is a place for cool kids and when you're a goon, you're a goon all the way, from your first "unironically this" to your last "nice meltdown."

Wow I don't think anyone will be able to top the cringe factor of this post.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Bernice Anders posted:

Unironically this

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I hope Ted loses his senate seat. I don't know how likely that is because he's in Texas. But I hope there's a concerted effort by the state party to ratfuck him right out of the Senate. Ted Cruz is human poo poo.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Bernice Anders posted:

Haha, look at the guy who doesn't befriend his posting buddies irl. Haha, everybody, get a load of this loser!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

OatmealRaisin posted:

I hope Ted loses his senate seat. I don't know how likely that is because he's in Texas. But I hope there's a concerted effort by the state party to ratfuck him right out of the Senate. Ted Cruz is human poo poo.

heard that the state republican establishment is firmly in his sticky ooze grip :smith:

what would a dethroned cruz do, though? fox? find a way to squirm back into power? my guess is work with some future campaign. he'll get into the white house one way or another

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Exactly. When I fling some culture at you, you brace yourself for conflict. Good.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Maoist Pussy posted:

Exactly. When I fling some culture at you, you brace yourself for conflict. Good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppeteer

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

logikv9 posted:

heard that the state republican establishment is firmly in his sticky ooze grip :smith:

what would a dethroned cruz do, though? fox? find a way to squirm back into power? my guess is work with some future campaign. he'll get into the white house one way or another

in my ideal world he gets locked out of politics forever after his scorched earth operation to win the nomination and slinks off to host an unsyndicated AM radio show in the middle of the Texas desert.

Or tries to slime back up to his native land but since he renounced his citizenship the mounties hand him back over to DHS, which sends him to Gitmo.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Obama is scheduled to tear Donald Trump a new rear end in a top hat in half an hour at the White House Press Correspondent's Dinner.
Larry Wilmore will be there too.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

OatmealRaisin posted:

in my ideal world he gets locked out of politics forever after his scorched earth operation to win the nomination and slinks off to host an unsyndicated AM radio show in the middle of the Texas desert.

alternative scenario: he goes back to his old college job of being the zodiac killer

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I want to be friends with all the goons that will have me

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I just hate Ted Cruz!!!!!!!!!!!!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

OatmealRaisin posted:

He's a nasty guy

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Zyla posted:

I want to be friends with all the goons that will have me

Out of the two goons I've met irl, one was some weird zionist gun dealer who used 2004-era SA catchphrases in real life and the other was a woman I had sex with. So, in my experience, they all have bad taste. ;)

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

OatmealRaisin posted:

same but unironically

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Obama is scheduled to tear Donald Trump a new rear end in a top hat in half an hour at the White House Press Correspondent's Dinner.

Like the violent protestors, Obama is too stupid to understand that this will help the God Emperor.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Prof. Lurker posted:

same but unironically

I post a lot of poo poo white noise in this thread but rest assured my hatred of Ted Cruz is 100% unironic.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Out of the two goons I've met irl, one was some weird zionist gun dealer who used 2004-era SA catchphrases in real life and the other was a woman I had sex with. So, in my experience, they all have bad taste. ;)

Ive met a few goons and they've been alright people!

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Can't wait for Obama to tell some tepid jokes and for the general forums reaction to be "Hell yeah Trollbama :obama:"

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Can't wait for Obama to tell some tepid jokes and for the general forums reaction to be "Hell yeah Trollbama :obama:"

The only funny part is how that unfunny gently caress Larry Wilmore doesn't even get half the ratings that Colbert did.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I don't think it's healthy to always be so concerned about what the "general forums reaction" is to everything

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Remember five years ago when Obama humiliated Trump with him in the room, and then the next day interrupted The Apprentice to announce that he had overseen the killing of Osama Bin Laden?

Good times.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Obama is going to be a really good surrogate for Hillary on this campaign because he just laughs and makes Trump look small as poo poo.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Remember five years ago when Obama humiliated Trump with him in the room, and then the next day interrupted The Apprentice to announce that he had overseen the killing of Osama Bin Laden?

Good times.

There's a good chance Trump never would have run without that happening!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Good Citizen posted:

There's a good chance Trump never would have run without that happening!

Obama really is the best President ever

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Maoist Pussy posted:

Look at this guy, not filling out the Tradition tree to get monuments and aqueducts in all the early cities.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Trump supporters itt are literal Nazis, who knew.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MC Nietzche posted:

You have a very optimistic vision of the GOP circa 2020.

I have a feeling in 2020 people will actually be killed in political rioting rather than this wimpy "my feelings will be hurt if you call me a racist" poo poo we have going on now.

I expect a double digit body count for the R NC. By 2020 I'm presuming candidates will egg on their supporters to kill and eat other candidates supporters, so they may gain their votes.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I cannot wait for Trump to be President, because when he is, then my rear end in a top hat supervisor gary won't be able to write me up for saying "gently caress" and "human being" on the shopping floor, even though that's ILLEGAL under the constitution (first amendment look it up).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Jack of Hearts posted:

Trump supporters itt are literal Nazis, who knew.

I did.

• Locked thread