Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I can guarantee that neither one will be a battle cobra or a crossbow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

A.o.D. posted:

I can guarantee that neither one will be a battle cobra or a crossbow.

Linebacker, maybe? Vapor Eagle?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Centurion AH has been amazing in scouting with LBX-10 and 3 SRM 6. You burn through ammo way too fast though.

Really though, that AH can do some loving work now. It has heat and speed issues, but you don't get focused down like hunchbacks or griffins.

Even with a hosed up schedule, I might be able to complete at least the scouting missions, since they go so fast. Probably won't get through the Invasion stuff for the Crab though.

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 30, 2016

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Man I sure do love it when pubs cap the 11th intel as a scouting defender and then get so enamored with fighting that they completely fail to notice the enemy that left and got to sit alone in the drop zone for a minute and a half. :argh:

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

Stringbean posted:

The octuple mediums in the 4P would be a blast too.

I've been running the HBK-4P with 6 SPL and 3 ML, with the SPL in the hump and a STD 275 engine. Worked really well so far against clans, the SPL kneecaps stormcrows like no tomorrow. The only crows I've had trouble with were the splatcrows since they can focus their damage, but the run off the mill streakcrows just cry when I do laser surgery on their legs.

I've even considered switching the ML for flamers for maximum clan loving, but I'm leery of losing all my medium range firepower.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Still waiting for my Cougar and Bushwacker :smith:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
With the IS vs Clan scouting, we were doing pretty good with LPL and LL on... 2 Crabs, a Cent and uhhh... I think someone was in a Cicada last night. Considering the clanners are running splat builds, we could just sit outside range and leg them.

That River City match. I was ashamed of that IFR pilot. Primes can't mount a CT energy weapon like some of the other variants. He was using a retarded build with something like a LLas and SLas or 2. He nerfed his own dps, and ran around the city like someone was going to just follow his every step.

A disgraceful IFR pilot.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 30, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Some good invasion games last night y'all. Throwing the first light/medium wave into their heavies seemed to work out well once we broke out the Black Knights, Atlases, and Battlemasters

INCIDENTALLY

If you ever want a guaranteed win in Invasion, coordinate a drop of 12 Black Knights. Except in situations where they can sit back from extreme range, the Clans do not have an answer to it and you'll kill minimum like 18 'mechs with that wave alone

and then you bring another 12 Black Knights and it's all over

buy a Black Knight is what I'm saying here

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pattonesque posted:

Some good invasion games last night y'all. Throwing the first light/medium wave into their heavies seemed to work out well once we broke out the Black Knights, Atlases, and Battlemasters

INCIDENTALLY

If you ever want a guaranteed win in Invasion, coordinate a drop of 12 Black Knights. Except in situations where they can sit back from extreme range, the Clans do not have an answer to it and you'll kill minimum like 18 'mechs with that wave alone

Give me cbills

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

INCIDENTALLY

I buy overpriced clan lights, I can't afford fancy IS Heavies

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Give me cbills

play lots of scouting and you will be space rich

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

play lots of scouting and you will be space rich

Play with me tomorrow then

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Play with me tomorrow then

aight

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

So im looking at the Bl-6 with those 2 ams and I am drawn to it. Any reason i should not pick it over a different Black Knight? Would it be better as a long range laser sniper or more of a medium laser boat?

Also, id like to join a group i think, though im not totally sure what that entails. I do like to consider myself a pretty great team player.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ptkfvk posted:

So im looking at the Bl-6 with those 2 ams and I am drawn to it. Any reason i should not pick it over a different Black Knight? Would it be better as a long range laser sniper or more of a medium laser boat?

Also, id like to join a group i think, though im not totally sure what that entails. I do like to consider myself a pretty great team player.

the -6 is probably the best one. here's the metamechs build

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=320&l=de5795c2205202815991274bf65ec8eb530364ad

you can alpha twice with that, then a third time if you wait a bit. anything within 400m goes *pop*

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
and come to think of it you can do the same thing on the 7-KNT-L

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=323&l=4841abad699c652d446262953e39ba32bc86288b

the difference is that you are more sluggish (bad for twisting) but 10% less energy duration (good for surgery)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

Linebacker, maybe? Vapor Eagle?

Vapor Eagle is not an omni, and we're not going to be getting any Steel Viper mechs, ever.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

ptkfvk posted:

Phone posting but DoubleCheck the torso twist and maybe turn rate quirks between models.
Iirc that one gets torso twist stuff the others dont at all. Not sure if fixed.

Whichever -7 that has laser duration quirks is good to, also as a second buy.

The dual ams is often the first thing I take off because crit space for heatsink, but probably worth it in cw. I run 3lpl and 5spl and it seems pretty xl friendly.

The quad arm laser model might be worth looking at fur cw, because 2 erll in each arm and corners. I think that one had ppc quirks tho.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

hey, if i want to elite out my loyalty centurion AH, what are the best other two models to do it on?

Or should I just go for the hunchback 4sp, and/or if so what are the other top two beside that?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Personally I'd go with the 4SP. But I'm biased towards the Hunchbacks over the Shiturions.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

TheParadigm posted:

hey, if i want to elite out my loyalty centurion AH, what are the best other two models to do it on?

Or should I just go for the hunchback 4sp, and/or if so what are the other top two beside that?

Do the hunchies. 4SP is great, for the other, maybe a J?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

TheParadigm posted:

A and AL with the cents though.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

TeeMerk posted:

A and AL with the cents though.

All the Cents are a blast. The D is the fasturion that can be the hobo+shotgun. The A is the tank of the bunch with 3 srm6's and 2 ml's in the CT. The AL is the 3 ll guy that hangs out behind the brawl and seems more fragile to me... But that's probably because I brawl in everything.

The AH is just great. You can run it with an AC20... But with 3 asrm4's, 3 mg's, and modules for the srm's... You'll make people so mad when you murder them.

:swoon:

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
more proof that a good majority of comp players more than likely cheat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q5z9nP0Fyw

can't wait for the tournament

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

armchairyoda posted:

All the Cents are a blast. The D is the fasturion that can be the hobo+shotgun. The A is the tank of the bunch with 3 srm6's and 2 ml's in the CT. The AL is the 3 ll guy that hangs out behind the brawl and seems more fragile to me... But that's probably because I brawl in everything.

The AH is just great. You can run it with an AC20... But with 3 asrm4's, 3 mg's, and modules for the srm's... You'll make people so mad when you murder them.

:swoon:

I've been running mine with the lbx 10 and 3 srm 6. Do you have a smurfy build for that AH? Seems like it would lack ammo or speed.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

The Repo Man posted:

I've been running mine with the lbx 10 and 3 srm 6. Do you have a smurfy build for that AH? Seems like it would lack ammo or speed.

Shove the biggest xl you can into it, 7 tons of srm ammo, 1.5-2 tons of mg ammo (JUST IN CASE), max the armor, and a BAP to fill tonnage. Mine runs @95ish after tweak and is almost heat neutral on terra therma.

You should never run anything I do, fyi.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

armchairyoda posted:

Shove the biggest xl you can into it, 7 tons of srm ammo, 1.5-2 tons of mg ammo (JUST IN CASE), max the armor, and a BAP to fill tonnage. Mine runs @95ish after tweak and is almost heat neutral on terra therma.

You should never run anything I do, fyi.

THATS BAD

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

TeeMerk posted:

THATS BAD

The worst™.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

armchairyoda posted:

The worst™.

come drunkenly play a better game i miss you tia~~~

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
2 CN9-AH with the LBX and SRM build, a CN9-D and a GRF-2N are tearing poo poo up. We just can't deal with Cheetahs running past us in the last second to win. But that poo poo is hard regardless.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

new robot: Night Gyr. 75-ton Clan heavy with 4JJs, endo and ferro. 70 km/h. 38 tons podspace.

Promising. I like those hardpoint locations.

Is this an omnimech or a clan battlemech?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

Promising. I like those hardpoint locations.

Is this an omnimech or a clan battlemech?

It's an omni.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Centurion team update. 3 ice ferrets and a Jenner all with small pulse will leg you in no time flat, but good goon squad that doesn't care makes it bareable.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Repo Man posted:

Centurion team update. 3 ice ferrets and a Jenner all with small pulse will leg you in no time flat, but good goon squad that doesn't care makes it bareable.

Have you tried a team composed entirely of Griffin 2Ns with splat loadouts?

Comedy option: STD engine zombie wolfhounds.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

DancingShade posted:

We haven't because most of us don't own Griffins yet. The build that Axetrain and I use will abso-loving-lutely murder streak crows and most Jenner II-C builds, and most laser heavy builds unless it's 4 SJR members in SPL mechs. How good are the leg quirks in a Griffin?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DancingShade posted:

Standard engines don't help your legs.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Pattonesque posted:

new robot: Night Gyr. 75-ton Clan heavy with 4JJs, endo and ferro. 70 km/h. 38 tons podspace.

Huh, they're pushing the timeline a bit.

Pity the Night Gyr's poo poo, but maybe they'll give it its canonical Laser Heat Sinks?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

Huh, they're pushing the timeline a bit.

Pity the Night Gyr's poo poo, but maybe they'll give it its canonical Laser Heat Sinks?

38 tons of pod space though. It's a "push with guns" mech in a space where the clans don't have one yet. I think it'll have a role.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pushing with guns is the best kind of pushing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Oxides also measure up well against anything the clans can bring and stand a good chance of winning a leg fight with Cheetahs

If you go up against SJR though you're gonna have a bad time

• Locked thread