Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Luceid posted:

a lot of it is cool and good

Zombies' Downfall posted:

My Demon's Souls go-to was the Knight chest with the Thief mask/gloves/legs for a kind of brigand with a breastplate look and I used the Knight chest in Dark Souls 2 (the like chainmail with a red falcon surcoat over it, Falconer) all the time because it looked loving fly

This makes me feel better about my fashion choices. Thanks :buddy:

I know in the current state of the DS3, armor is nowhere near as useful as it could be outside of Fashion Souls. But I always like being able to wear something at least resembling armor. Along with a soft spot for "Normal Person" equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Kild posted:

Uh I don't think theres a timelimit unless its higher than like 5 minutes.

I'm pretty sure you can get boxed in a corner and he just instakills you with poison.

Also Fashion Souls

http://bit.ly/1W00Go7

Ironically, despite Bloodborne sets being really samey I was constantly looking for armor similar to hunter's outfit

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 1, 2016

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Monomythian posted:

Ugh, the host being able to summon the same phantoms over and over after you kill them is the worst, theres basically no penalty for them dying.

Casual Souls.

Kill the host you casual. Git gud.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The only rule of Fashion Souls is the same rule as in any other dress-up; never wear a matched set :colbert: Full K***ht/piss-set/Abyss Watchers is for scrubs, at least put on some different leggings and helmets. Better yet if you can make a nice looking outfit where no two items come from the same set.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Your Computer posted:

The only rule of Fashion Souls is the same rule as in any other dress-up; never wear a matched set :colbert: Full K***ht/piss-set/Abyss Watchers is for scrubs, at least put on some different leggings and helmets. Better yet if you can make a nice looking outfit where no two items come from the same set.

gently caress your rules you pricks. I do what I want. :colbert:

If I wanna go around as the DS2 cover armor, nothing you can do to stop me bitch.

edit: If I wanna go look like gutts, guess what? Using Abyss Watcher armor. :colbert:

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Your Computer posted:

I like the painting guardian set. it looks pretty nice. Don't see many people using it though, dunno why. Guess not many people are fond of it? That or a lot of people just don't find it.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I was really looking forward to the Cathedral Knight UGS but it sucks rear end compared to my greataxes. At high damage levels it really seems to me that strike damage isn't as important as it used to be in DS I/II.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Obligatum VII posted:

I like the painting guardian set. it looks pretty nice. Don't see many people using it though, dunno why. Guess not many people are fond of it? That or a lot of people just don't find it.

I'm pretty sure it's just a lot of people not finding it. I had no idea how to get to that tower until I actually looked it up.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I used the Dancer glitch on two new characters to get them up to speed fast for Watchdogs and Bluecops but gently caress me, I can't get a summon. Been bluecoppin' and watchdoggin' for an hour with NO hits. Kinda making this game boring on the replays. I really really love the design of Ds3 and I think the world is superior to 1 and 2, but the replayability is actually fairly low. Do a sword and board, do a pyro run, and then maybe a no shield two-hander, but even on DS2 I had 8 characters going within a month. Ds3 is incredible but I just don't know if it will last.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

If I wanna go around as the DS2 cover armor, nothing you can do to stop me bitch.

edit: If I wanna go look like gutts, guess what? Using Abyss Watcher armor. :colbert:

Sounds like someone's out to get arrested by the fashion police :catbert:

Your edit is definitely right though, that chest piece is totally meant for Berserk cosplay.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

matched sets are matched for a reason

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I'm up to the Grand Archives and the key isn't spawning for me. I've killed the 3 lords of cinder and put the offerings in their thrones and still no key. Anyone know what I can do?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wait so you kill a boss and it teleports you to another boss that is mega hard...you don't get the bonfire from the boss you killed and you don't have a bonfire near the boss you died to how dumb is that.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Shindragon posted:

Guts doesn't wear a stupid hat though.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Jastiger posted:

Wait so you kill a boss and it teleports you to another boss that is mega hard...you don't get the bonfire from the boss you killed and you don't have a bonfire near the boss you died to how dumb is that.

Use Vordt's bonfire. It's not the best boss run out there (you do have to run past Lothric Knights), but it's not very far at all.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm more annoyed that the only trace of green in the game is the Faraam armor, and that's really more of an aquamarine.

How am I supposed to do my Bercilak de Hautdesert gimmick? :colbert:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i wear the conjurer chestpiece, assassin leggings (or mirrah), undead legion gauntlet (gotta have one gauntlet and one glove for the final fantasy look) and the sellsword helmet. it's a good look

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Zombies' Downfall posted:

My Demon's Souls go-to was the Knight chest with the Thief mask/gloves/legs for a kind of brigand with a breastplate look and I used the Knight chest in Dark Souls 2 (the like chainmail with a red falcon surcoat over it, Falconer) all the time because it looked loving fly

Hell yeah, Falconer's owns. I end up using it on like half of my DS2 playthroughs. Can't get enough of that chestpiece.

Haven't been nearly as big of a fan of DS3's armor selection. It doesn't help that so much of it is off-limits because putting points into vitality to wear the heavier stuff is a complete waste.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Your Computer posted:

Sounds like someone's out to get arrested by the fashion police :catbert:

Your edit is definitely right though, that chest piece is totally meant for Berserk cosplay.

:stonk:

I ...

:allears:

totally...

:razz:

agree!!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Thrall Hood is King of DS3 Hats

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Jastiger posted:

No. Not at all.

It warps you to a place where you have to interact with an npc AND an object to spawn a new boss. All in a low level area you should have no problem running to a really close bonfire.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

Guts doesn't wear a stupid hat though.

Did I say I wear the hat punk?

:colbert:

He made it sound like wearing any part of that armor was bad.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah.

For clowns to wear

to the circus

idiots.

Jastiger posted:

But you initiated the battle yourself. I can't believe so many people are having problems with the teleport to the Dancer. Why do so many people forget about Emma and that location, and why do they get mad about losing their souls when they progressed instead of boning out and spending them like a sane person. :sigh:

It really should give you the previous bonfire though, since it's kinda dumb that you have to do the boss run again if you want to light it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm just wearing yuria's set right now. good hats don't exist and I haven't seen any helmets that fit

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If you knew the boss was coming sure. You don't you have all the souls and low items from a boss fight and now you're just sol in this other place. Didn't like it at all.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Is that hacker still doing that poo poo? Or did he die of chronic fatigue syndrome?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm more annoyed that the only trace of green in the game is the Faraam armor, and that's really more of an aquamarine.

How am I supposed to do my Bercilak de Hautdesert gimmick? :colbert:

Cathedral Knight set has greenish pants at least. Though if you don't want the shiny plate armored shin guards that's understandable.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jastiger posted:

If you knew the boss was coming sure. You don't you have all the souls and low items from a boss fight and now you're just sol in this other place. Didn't like it at all.

teleporting you into a boss fight is lame, but you could have just used a homeward bone and left

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Your Computer posted:

But you initiated the battle yourself. I can't believe so many people are having problems with the teleport to the Dancer. Why do so many people forget about Emma and that location, and why do they get mad about losing their souls when they progressed instead of boning out and spending them like a sane person. :sigh:

It really should give you the previous bonfire though, since it's kinda dumb that you have to do the boss run again if you want to light it.

Cause there stupid. You have to do things to make the fight happen.

If this was ds1 there would be zero hint you should go back to that room. In ds2 someone at the hub would tell you. Ds3 is nice and shows you GO HERE NOW, and people are mad because they didn't level after a loving boss.

Good on you DS3, I didn't have to Google where to go after I dead ended all the paths I had available.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

teleporting you into a boss fight is lame, but you could have just used a homeward bone and left

That's not what happens.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

actually dark souls 1 specifically tells you where to go and what to do, and when you ring both bells it'll show you a cutscene of the gate to sen's fortress opening. forgetting that room exists in dark souls 3 is understandable if you can't play every day, since you only ever go there one time

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

That's not what happens.

with the dancer? that's exactly what happened to me after I killed aldrich. it just warped me straight to that room, played a cutscene, and the boss fight started so I used a homeward bone and left

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

actually dark souls 1 specifically tells you where to go and what to do, and when you ring both bells it'll show you a cutscene of the gate to sen's fortress opening. forgetting that room exists in dark souls 3 is understandable if you can't play every day, since you only ever go there one time

Bell 2 is below somewhere...good luck! There are some other spots where is confusing where to go. Don't mistake playing it 5 times to it not being convoluted the first time.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

with the dancer? that's exactly what happened to me after I killed aldrich. it just warped me straight to that room, played a cutscene, and the boss fight started so I used a homeward bone and left

The npc didn't die in front of you? Then you got and item, walked to a statue and used it?

Was this patched, because I've played 2 characters and early dancered on ng+ and every time you have to initiate the fight by doing a thing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm not because I didn't have that problem. they tell you what to do there, so you find the bells. then they remind you of sen's fortress after you ring them. it's pretty simple. tho the abyss killed me the first time for sure; that was mean

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I am not upset about the room, I knew exactly where it was. I am irritated that the bonfire for the boss and all the potential loot or other stuff I wanted to do is just gone. Then I'm in the cathedral away from where I have progressed with no bonfire. If I knew a boss fight was coming, sure, but it has no indication that a mega bitch is about to come out the window.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jastiger posted:

You do get the bonfire from the boss you killed. But yeah, I really dislike that teleport. At least Dancer is really slow in phase 1 so you can homeward bone out easily.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

The npc didn't die in front of you? Then you got and item, walked to a statue and used it?

Was this patched, because I've played 2 characters and early dancered on ng+ and every time you have to initiate the fight by doing a thing.

the npc died in front of me after she teleported me into the room with her during a cutscene. I think the trigger is killing all of the lords of cinder before the princes so you don't get lost, because why would you ever go back to that room on your own? I think it auto lit the bonfire in aldrich's room for me tho, which is nice

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sick, just started a new guy for pvp gimmicks and I get a raw gem off the first lantern undead in high wall and a symbol of avarice from the first mimic lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Bombadilillo posted:

That's not what happens.

It teleports you to a place and the old lady is just laying there. She doesn't die until you talk to her, and the dancer doesn't show up until you try to put the bowl under the statue. You're completely free to go "This looks suspicious, I'm going to go home."