Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
'only'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

The Mash posted:

This was particularly hilarious because I literally tried to bronze smurf to see what it was like, but after playing post-rework AP Sion Mid every game of my promos, I finished at 5-5 in Silver 4 on my intended bronze smurf account. I literally can't troll my way down to your level. And I'm only plat 1.

You are good at a video game, and thus the better person. :thumbsup:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Hermetic posted:

I agree unironically.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hexakill is boring and bad

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Hermetic posted:

this is true

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Hermetic posted:

If this thread isn't for making fun of bronze players and methanar's "beard" I'm not even sure what we're doing here

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
IMO maining Fiora has never been better than right now. The latest nerfs brought her down low enough that she generally isn't banned anymore. Tank Ekko and Poppy, two of her shittiest matchups, both got nerfs recently and aren't played that much either. Plus Corrupting pot and Grasp got nerfed too, so Doran's Blade/Fervor Fiora is viable again. You haven't lived until you call a Riven's bluff and win the level 1 all in with 40% hp remaining

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Ok boys I'm back.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't like new rageblade. :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't like new rageblade. :(

No on does

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Anyone know what is currently the fastest way to grind out some IP? Need about 8k IP for some runes for a smurf account.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Buy a IP boost

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Dang I didn't notice they hit Phoenix Udyr with a loving sledge-hammer. Sad times.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Etrips posted:

Anyone know what is currently the fastest way to grind out some IP? Need about 8k IP for some runes for a smurf account.

Rotating game modes

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69UQTgz05To&t=101s

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
he wasnt what i would call a pillar of the community

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Mash posted:

IMO maining Fiora has never been better than right now. The latest nerfs brought her down low enough that she generally isn't banned anymore. Tank Ekko and Poppy, two of her shittiest matchups, both got nerfs recently and aren't played that much either. Plus Corrupting pot and Grasp got nerfed too, so Doran's Blade/Fervor Fiora is viable again. You haven't lived until you call a Riven's bluff and win the level 1 all in with 40% hp remaining

have you tried warlord's bloodlust. I feel like it gives you more than fervor but I always build her with like, 60% lifesteal towards the end of the game.

also what are you building on her, just curious. I've been getting Ravenous Hydra -> Cleaver almost every game, then its as much flat AD as possible, stuff like Maw, Bloodthirster, Mercurial Scimitar, etc.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 1, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kashuno posted:

No on does

I do, because Xin Zhao is fun

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So do I need to get an S rank or something to get a chest now? I've been in a couple games with other people getting S ranks but it's not handing out chests anymore.

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So do I need to get an S rank or something to get a chest now? I've been in a couple games with other people getting S ranks but it's not handing out chests anymore.

You or someone in your premade needs to get an S rank. Other people on your team S-ranking won't work if you didn't queue with them.

(You also need to have a chest available and can't have already gotten a chest on the champion you're playing.)

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
I'm an idiot and I want to play this game again, it's been a literal year (Ekko was the last champ that came out that I remember). I'll be in chat as "damehasclass" if you are a nice and cool person, no meanies allowed.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mondlicht posted:

I'm an idiot and I want to play this game again, it's been a literal year (Ekko was the last champ that came out that I remember). I'll be in chat as "damehasclass" if you are a nice and cool person, no meanies allowed.

I have some good and bad news about that. The bad news: silversquid doesn't exist anymore exactly, because Riot introduced "clubs." The good news, there are several goon clubs so I am sure you can find one that is large, but they're capped at 50 so it's not really the same.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The chat room still exists and you can find people in there and some games forming.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
goon clubs are poo poo!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is the game broken or is there some other reason I chose fill and haven't gotten a game in 5 minutes

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Is the game broken or is there some other reason I chose fill and haven't gotten a game in 5 minutes

try to re queue

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kashuno posted:

It has problems below 200 MMR

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

RYang posted:

You or someone in your premade needs to get an S rank. Other people on your team S-ranking won't work if you didn't queue with them.

(You also need to have a chest available and can't have already gotten a chest on the champion you're playing.)

I just got a S+ in hexakill and didn't get a chest.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Have you already earned a chest with that champion?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

:smith:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

Vicious

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Etrips posted:

T2 runes are gonna be 1 IP each very soon.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ignite Memories posted:

Have you already earned a chest with that champion?

I don't think so, anyway I can check?

Unless they count chests gotten when other people get S's, then it's more likely.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

Tyler1 first player to be banned, always, forever

Actually, that would be Jensen.

Tyler just needs to become a top5 or so western mid and Rito will pardon him.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

dalstrs posted:

champion page in your profile, they have a different border

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

dalstrs posted:

Yeah, its on your profile/champions page.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
He has one, do they count ones you get from other people's S grades for the champ you are playing?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, the little gold box appears over the champion icon if you have earned a chest (that is to say, played a game in which you or a teammate gets an S) with that champion already.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Ignite Memories posted:

Yeah, the little gold box appears over the champion icon if you have earned a chest (that is to say, played a game in which you or a teammate gets an S) with that champion already.

When does this counter reset?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

No clue. Next Season? No clue at all.

• Locked thread