Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Just be glad I didn't livepost Symphogear GX.

graybook posted:

whats better than this. zeps watchin 'mes.

e: for reference

graybook fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

Dramatic zoom up to Anya when she bout to say something meaningful, "みなみ、DoD>>DII2a0199&<,,P"

Then they kiss.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Wake up to Zep's live posts of idol watching. Pretty much the perfect way to start the weekend.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Imagine I posted the misleading screencaps of the 26th episode of Anya tired out from aggressive minami while she's basking in the afterglow

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That reminds me i gotta watch episode 26 eventually.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

graybook posted:

That reminds me i gotta watch episode 26 eventually.

"Eventually"? I'm watching it the second the drat thing finally gets subbed.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

"Dokidoki escalating forever."

No seriously is this Crunchyroll's work?

Do I need to find a different fansbu?

The correct behaviour is to never look at subbed lyrics, because they're always bad

I only just got back from a great Saturday of work and now I don't have time to read all these posts properly

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sylphid posted:

"Eventually"? I'm watching it the second the drat thing finally gets subbed.

I don't see official ones on Daisuki, but there do exist subs for the episode in question.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I found Doki's subs to be decent. They also translate Anya's Russian and do the song lyrics better than CR.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/baagle_0629/status/726317835023056897 best meme

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think transliterating her Russian lines to Cyrillic would be best.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

posting this here too because anyaa time
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2094099?pool_id=5674

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

Imagine I posted the misleading screencaps of the 26th episode of Anya tired out from aggressive minami while she's basking in the afterglow

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think transliterating her Russian lines to Cyrillic would be best.

The only way the broken-rear end russubs could be better was if they were yellow with a black outline. Then again, it really doesn't matter she pretty much always repeats whatever she's said in japanese anyway. At any rate, it's better than in SS where they helpfully put her russian into loving katakana like 95% of the time. Christ, that's awful.

I wonder if the brokensubs could be unbroken if you just changed the typeface. Not that it helps if they're hardsubbed. I'm trying to remember, but I don't think Daisuki's subs were any less ehhhhh. Then again, I still run into websites that won't work unless you manually change the encoding to SHIFT-JIS, so if the cyrillic wasn't encoded into unicode, you'd have to do even more dicking around to find the right KOI. It's pretty much not worth it.

Прикрасная!
Хорошо!
Давай!
Минами…

That's probably a good 70% of what she's gonna say anyway, so just print that out and hold it up to your screen at the appropriate time.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Futaba Anzu posted:

ty

End of Episode 3 Thoughts
Miku constantly challenging the girls is played for laughs, but I think there is something that could be explored here. You see it all the time in real life, where newcomers who get chances that older members or those with seniority don't get to have, and that kind of stuff does breed resentment. And while Miku's antics are just challenging the cast to games, in real life things are not really as easy or sweet. People can get harassed by veterans or treated as being uppity or whatnot. And I'm guessing it would be a lot more vicious in the show business, where there are a ton of people dying for that one chance or opportunity. Though then again I really really really loving hated the drama resulting from Kuroi's antics in iM@S and I loving hate it when those sorta plots pop up in K-dramas so maybe it shouldn't be explored and everything should be nice and happy without causing me grief.

That said, I don't have as much to say about this episode as I did last episode, other than to say that I liked it.

You will probably be annoyed as hell at some point in the fairly distant future, I think.

Anyway since you mentioned it, one of the biggest differences between iM@S and CG is the company culture. 765 is a little talent agency in some tiny corner of Tokyo above a restaurant, and eventually they get huge. 346 is a media conglomerate — they do a hell of a lot more than just manage idols, although I think this particular building is where they stick all their talent-related operations. Even if you assume half of it is just training rooms and stuff (look, in house lessons! They're huge!), that's a lot of goddamn idols. Like, most of the background characters are named idols, but there's also presumably a ton of other ones around, but there's no need to design them, because there's already a 100+ cast to stick into every mob. It's great. It's also how the second half goes bigger, which I think is actually pretty interesting.

Kinda curious as to how you find that, whenever you get there.

And since you didn't ask, the photoshoot big in iM@S was pretty much 'what's a character,' so the focus was the younger(ish) ones. But yes, it absolutely reflects an anime with a significantly smaller cast, so you don't need an obvious vocal tic. Still, you need to do something to get to the top
(up here!)

But if you're not careful, bad things happen and you look like a clown. Or a ghost, I guess.

This p-chan doesn't really know what the hell he's doing, but unlike the CG p-san, he doesn't have an entire company worth of help. Poor bastard. But yes, the takeaway here was "be goddamn normal. Look at Yukiho she's just dressed like usual and holding a flower. That's fine, she doesn't have a dress stuffed with tennis balls." But then again, they're also not quite competing with each other in the company the same way they are within the cinderella project and also 346. Plus, it sorta takes a while, but it feels like CG is in a bigger world (which is, no doubt, because it's a huge loving talent department in a huge goddamn media company, vs. faxing headshots and hoping you catch someone's eye), where that sort of character is something other than “goddamn ridiculous.” Ranko's, too.

Incidentally, it feels like a really long time since I've seen Ranko in SS. I miss Ranko :(

Also I forget who asked, but did your opinion on Miku change all that much through the show? Because I eventually settled for "she's amusing, I guess." But I like her a lot more thanks to the game and half-understood stories.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 30, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

Also I forget who asked, but did your opinion on Miku change all that much through the show? Because I eventually settled for "she's amusing, I guess." But I like her a lot more thanks to the game and half-understood stories.

im p sure that was me who was talking about her. me and my friend both shared the same developing opinion of miku, which i will abstain from divulging in this post since it would actively spoil zep's opinion, but I know that I've talked about it in one or few of my posts here somewhere lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

time for 20 roll

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

time for 20 roll

ahhh, almost no load bar first roll, prac 0-100 immediately,

warukunaidesu yo ne?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

im fukn dying, fam

i can make one more, idk if i can handle it tho

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

oh my god

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

we did it fam,

I can live another day

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey, it's that girl who sings that HANA song.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Futaba Anzu posted:

we did it fam,

I can live another day

:argh:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

also boku!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

im p sure that was me who was talking about her. me and my friend both shared the same developing opinion of miku, which i will abstain from divulging in this post since it would actively spoil zep's opinion, but I know that I've talked about it in one or few of my posts here somewhere lol

Ah, mostly I meant this should be LoGH length so every idol gets her day. Or weeks, really. Make it super SoL so I can see what Nana's up to when the cameras are away.

…man, hundreds of episodes of idols would be kinda hellish, wouldn't it? That aside, maybe watching all 26 episodes relatively closeby would make some arcs more obvious. Guess I'll add that to my list or something.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Kirarin shuffle~

To the right, to the right, to the right, to the right
To the left, to the left, to the left, to the left

Now nyowa by yourself~

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/sayumeki/status/718341278346440704

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Gah, 3 SRs and 2 of them are dupes. Argh.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy posted:

Most of the in-game units (which I presume it was/is) are pretty arbitrary, I'd post some but it's not that type of event right now

Classic units such as May Festival Three and kNiGHT of WALPURGiS

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welp, ate dinner.

So time to watch episode 4!

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
wait all those posts and you only watched 3 episodes?
:aaa:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

wait all those posts and you only watched 3 episodes?
:aaa:

2, really.

I didn't livepost episode 1.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

So time to watch episode 4!

Ah, it's Anzu's (no, the forums poster) favourite episode

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh poo poo the episode starts out in camera mode!

I always have a soft spot for this sorta stuff.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mio's Producer impersonation. Heh.

She even copied his eyes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Awwww yeah surprise visiting the other idols with a camera.

This promises to be hella fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
THE WILD MIKU HAS BEEN CAPTURED WITHOUT HER NYAN.