Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well don't buy a physical game if you're not for sure.

Mine started acting up a few months ago. Try it with a blu-ray or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'd agree with this guy but he did say a Chevy Spark and a 00's GTO were "classics" at one point so

(Mine does the same poo poo but also include 'won't turn on with the controller/the controller won't connect to a turned-on xbox without a hard reset every 3 times you power it up'.) More like owning an MG.

do not diss the MG

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Turn 10 really wants me to hate Porsches, it's starting to bleed over into real life.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

You should hate Porsches in real life anyhow, or at least 911s anyway.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I like them more than any BMW, but i dont know why you wouldnt buy a S2000 instead.

Buyers guide for anyone:
First car? NA Miata

Second car? NC Miata

Third car? NA Miata

Executive sedan? Mazda 2

Sick of Mazdas? S2000

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If you are buying multiple Mazdas and one of them isn't an RX7, what the hell are you even doing

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Why have the contact leagues sucked so much this month? Two spec leagues in a row following IndyCar. Meanwhile Ghost league is E class this week so you don't even get to ram everyone's lovely cars. I want them to do something like "car must start in D class but the league class is S".

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
When I saw E Class unlimited I was so happy. So many cars! So little time!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Cubey posted:

If you are buying multiple Mazdas and one of them isn't an RX7, what the hell are you even doing

He's collecting the extra MLP fedoras and jorts they give you when you buy one.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

S2000s are stupidly overpriced, buy an elise instead

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

ethanol posted:

True story. Not sure when ill be in a position to own one but that is a better choice.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ethanol posted:

An Exige is my actual dream car and I will own one someday. Until then, I'll settle for my MR2 as being 'good enough'.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

An Exige is my actual dream car and I will own one someday. Until then, I'll settle for my MR2 as being 'good enough'.

After sitting in an Exige I realised that I would probably hate driving it anywhere that isnt a racetrack and at least the mr2 has a decent sized boot for a euro roadtrip. I think i'd prefer an Evora, if not that i'll just stick the evora motor in the mr2 instead.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

It fails the "Can you exit the car with dignity?" test pretty hard too.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Elise is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven, that said it was the best car I have ever driven

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

track day bro! posted:

After sitting in an Exige I realised that I would probably hate driving it anywhere that isnt a racetrack and at least the mr2 has a decent sized boot for a euro roadtrip. I think i'd prefer an Evora, if not that i'll just stick the evora motor in the mr2 instead.

The Exige had long stood on my attainable dream car list, but a few years ago one of the local dealers had an Elise at the auto show that they were allowing people to actually get in to.

I got about 3/4 of the way in before realizing I might need help getting out, and that was without a roof in the way.

My dream of owning an Exige died that day.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh thank god, I hope the ABC'S are even half as chill as they were in Forza 4.

track day bro! posted:

I also have sat in an Exige and found it perfectly comfortable once inside. Getting in and out is a pain but whatever, I'm insane enough to not give a gently caress.

I am looking at swapping a 4th gen 3SGTE into my MR2, or maybe possibly a 2GR if I can find one for a decent enough price.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

Oh thank god, I hope the ABC'S are even half as chill as they were in Forza 4.

So far tonight it's been about in what class the idiots land. But overall I really enjoyed it. What's really nice about starting in A or S class is that you're idle for so long you're ghosted at the start. Starting at the front in C class at say, Lime Rock, is good because if you can get away from 3-4 cars you can pretty much keep the lead until the last laps and usually only then it's the leaders of A or S class.

What kinda sucks is you don't have distance markers with the other classes, so you have to use the map a bit more because on Monza, the A class monsters will come completely out of nowhere.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cubey posted:

I also have sat in an Exige and found it perfectly comfortable once inside. Getting in and out is a pain but whatever, I'm insane enough to not give a gently caress.

Did this exige move and did you feel your spine compress with every bump in the road? Worth it but I would seriously consider hiring a chiropractor

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

I am looking at swapping a 4th gen 3SGTE into my MR2, or maybe possibly a 2GR if I can find one for a decent enough price.

They ride fine due to most loti being light and well damped. But they are horrible to do any sort of long journey in, a friend had an S2 exige for a while and an hour on the motorway was enough to put me off.

I realy wouldnt bother with the 4th gen motors tbh, the extra faffing needed isnt worth the slightly more modern ignition system and integrated turbo youll still need to source a e153 box anyway. Just get the best condition 3rd gen half cut you can if you go 3sgte.

Or yeah go 2gr, i've been promised a drive in a car with a 2gr at some point which will probably make me want one even more.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looks like fun, I might give it a go. I am a little afraid some C class folks are going to take a Thou Shall Not Pass mentality against the folks in A and S class though...

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Any idea why contact league has been spec for three weeks in a row? My favourite part of leagues is tuning for something and at this rate they're going to make the next one Formula E to really cement the boredom.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Looks like fun, I might give it a go. I am a little afraid some C class folks are going to take a Thou Shall Not Pass mentality against the folks in A and S class though...

I think only one class races at a time, they just alternate between s, a, b, and c class on each race so you're taking a bunch of different cars out each session.

Edit: never mind, I remembered wrong.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 1, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The ABC'S lobbies I've been in thus far have been exactly what I wanted: mostly clean with no leaderboard cars. However, every single one broke and stopped switching classes for everyone after just a few races.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The final lap or two in the ABCS is complete chaos from what I've seen. The S and A cars catch up and everybody is going nuts.

I ran a race on Long Beach and the 3rd lap the 4 first place cars and the 4 second place cars were running together through the garden thing. Lol.

Also, I have 4 porsches, all food themed, 1 for each class. Dominos, hooters, kfc, and tack bell represented.

Also the classes seems pretty randomly assigned.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 1, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yeah it's intense, but people seem a lot more level-headed than the regular single-class public lobbies. There are still some crashes and whatnot, especially when a race for first in a given class is close, but at the very least I haven't encountered people flying across three lanes on a straightaway to smash you off the track like in regular lobbies.

My current cars are an 89 MR2 for C class, that Rolls everyone loved so much in that rivals event for B class, a 95 MR2 for A class and a Brabham BT24 for S class.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 2, 2016

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

The ABC'S lobbies I've been in thus far have been exactly what I wanted: mostly clean with no leaderboard cars. However, every single one broke and stopped switching classes for everyone after just a few races.

The races seem a bit more like leagues in how people approach them. But there's still the hopper mentality at times.

I raced for several hours yesterday and today and there were times that for about 5 races I'd get stuck in C class. The rotation almost seemed like 5 C races, 2 A races, 3 B races and 1 (sometimes 2) S races. I see the Mono and 08 Viper a lot. Admittedly, I have used them on some tracks to max out affinity.

What's a good car that I can make a rocket C/B class car for tracks like Daytona - especially short circuit? Should I be looking at the muscle cars?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The final lap or two in the ABCS is complete chaos from what I've seen. The S and A cars catch up and everybody is going nuts.

I ran a race on Long Beach and the 3rd lap the 4 first place cars and the 4 second place cars were running together through the garden thing.

The GP tracks are much cleaner. The long straights allow the A and S class cars to power cleanly down the straights and the smarter players are patient enough to wait instead of trying to overtake poorly through chicanes.

Lime Rock, Long Beach East are complete cluster fucks. Though with Lime Rock (and with other tracks), if you have competent people in C class picking the right cars for the tracks, they can usually last until the last lap before the higher classes catch them. Catalunya school was an awesome crashfest that I won overall by 10+ seconds in C class because idiots.

Too many people in the higher classes bitching that the slower cars don't get out of their way :haw:

Cubey posted:

My current cars are an 89 MR2 for C class, that Rolls everyone loved so much in that rivals event for B class, a 95 MR2 for A class and a Brabham BT24 for S class.

I've been using Mazda Cosmo for grip and the 02 Camaro for most else in C Class; B class is usually a 99 Lancer or the Porsche 914/4 whatever for the speed tracks; A is a mixture of whatever will fit that the track; and S I've mostly used the 91 Ferrari 512 that I've literally spent over a year tuning between F5 and F6.

geeves fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 2, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just ran a fun one on one of the sebring short tracks. Except for 1 driver in b, the entire B class out ran the entire A class.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I joined you guys, dont have my mic hooked up though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Aaaaaand, the lobby breaks.

Oh, Forza :allears:

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Maybe they need to physically unplug Turn 10 for a couple minutes to make it work again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Will there be new DLC this Tuesday?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cubey posted:

Aaaaaand, the lobby breaks.

Oh, Forza :allears:

Hopefully the 1 guy that got into the actual race enjoyed himself.

That was probably going to be my last race anyway so I said gently caress it :D

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I've been dipping my toe into the ABCs as well and it made me realize me A and C game is not up to snuff. Lotus Esprit and S13 Silvia to the rescue

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh dear god I just got Daytona Oval in ABC'S :gonk:

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

I said come in! posted:

Will there be new DLC this Tuesday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwYNvB17EWs

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
sweeeeeeet Focus RS. That Ferrari will also be awesome.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The child in me screamed for joy when the Bone Shaker came on screen.

But, the 2016 Chevy Camaro ... Super Sport. The car doesn't have the SS badges again. Good job Chevy and Forza. Even Hot Wheels can call it the SS, but you guys can't apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So how do I do a jump like in that video?

• Locked thread