Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I'm going to pick it up day one. There's enough in here that I would miss going back to TEW13.

Hopefully I get the hang of it a bit faster. While it was fun trying to restore a company to glory after running it into the ground, I think it could also be fun having... uh, never had the specter of "If I gently caress even one thing up I'll be fired" looming over me.

Also having an idea of how to actually book matches and having booking assistance so you can actually set your own drat goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
2016 is out tomorrow.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I booked HBK in a promo, and the results said he "invented a new catchphrase that will likely boost his ability on the microphone". Cool.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

has a good real world mod been converted already? any good monday night war mods?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I booked HBK in a promo, and the results said he "invented a new catchphrase that will likely boost his ability on the microphone". Cool.
He's not a good heart break kid, he's not a bad heart break kid....

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

triplexpac posted:

HBShizzle is born

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Super No Vacancy posted:

has a good real world mod been converted already? any good monday night war mods?

Not really, right now I have just been converting the existing TEW2013 mods, not perfect as it doesn't convert everything and can cause weird issues, but it is the best we have atm.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
TEW2016 has its full release drop within the next 5/6 hours from this post. At some point.

We're in #tew on Quakenet if anyone fancies dropping by!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Gooses and Geeses posted:

TEW2016 has its full release drop within the next 5/6 hours from this post. At some point.

We're in #tew on Quakenet if anyone fancies dropping by!

Went by the GDS site, final release appears to be live now.

Gonna get it after work

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

started as DIW brisbane Devil punched the comedian (owner) at the first show. I didn't fire him.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm playing a 1991 TWA game and Eddie Gilbert showed up for a match with abdullah the butcher completely and obviously wasted on hard drugs which abdullah and my agent were very vocal about after the match.

So before the next show I publicly fired him in front of the rest of the locker room making him an enemy.

I am really digging all the locker room immersion so far.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
TEW16 worth buying overall?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I would say yes but it's early enough that there could be flaws no one has noticed yet.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

I would say yes but it's early enough that there could be flaws no one has noticed yet.

Yeah if I was someone who never played a TEW before, I'd wait. It's possible 13 could end up being the better pick since it'll get cheaper

I played hundreds of hours of 13, so I'm getting 16 just for a change of pace

Edit: I made the horrible mistake of putting Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy in my Royal Rumble. Now my entire roster is pissed off because they both showed up high

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 3, 2016

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I wound up playing until the beginning February week 4 before the game dropped.

~Tommy Rich and Tom Zenk got into a fight. I fired Tommy (since he's PPA and I couldn't suspend him and I literally can't use him because he's constantly wasted anyway). This pissed off Zenk, who thought I was too hard on him.
~Dusty added Cactus Jack to the Dusty/Dustin/Flair clique, continued turning the locker room against Zenk. Between that and me not giving him a raise Zenk decided to give his notice. Which is fine, but I'm worried about what will happen when somebody I like gets on Dusty's bad side.
~My Vader/Hansen match failed to happen for the second month in a row as Vader injured Hansen on a botch. Which is somewhat ironic really. But now a bunch of people in the back have heat on Vader and Vader and Hansen don't like each other. Hopefully I can mend some bridges because that will probably become a huge problem.
~Sid got upset that I'm not pushing him. He's got a month left on his deal. I don't care.
~Tony Schiavone asked for a payrise and got completely shut down since he's a sixth toe and I'm hoping he'll just resign. (I have Jim Ross, Lance Russel and Gordon Solie, why would I need Tony?) Needless to say Tony is really upset.
~Oh wait, as it turns out I don't have Lance Russell as he died, killing locker room morale in the process. He had just found a catchphrase that upped his mic skill to a 93 too :(. This improves Tony's negotiating position slightly, emphasis on "slightly."

I really need to figure out how to exact a modicum of control over my locker room, because 10 diplomacy hasn't accomplished anything so far.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 3, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ChrisBTY posted:

I really need to figure out how to exact a modicum of control over my locker room, because 10 diplomacy hasn't accomplished anything so far.

Yeah I'm hoping future scenarios tone down the drug use a lot. Like yeah, Jeff Hardy has issues, but he's not showing up to every single match completely wasted.

I just went and sent RVD to rehab, if he comes back and isn't a complete addict I'll probably send Kurt. That will be during the summer, so he'll come back just in time for the Road to Wrestlemania.

I'm playing a 2004 scenario and it's hilarious how stacked the WWE is. The Rock, Austin, HHH, HBK, Foley, Flair, Steiner, Booker T, Goldberg, the list goes on and on. I also hired Sting.

I decided to make Goldberg my company figurehead because I am a madman.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
I feel like the TEW13 mods cranked up drug use and bad behavior just to generate the random events. Proper TEW16 mods should have this stuff toned down.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I'm hoping future scenarios tone down the drug use a lot. Like yeah, Jeff Hardy has issues, but he's not showing up to every single match completely wasted.

I just went and sent RVD to rehab, if he comes back and isn't a complete addict I'll probably send Kurt. That will be during the summer, so he'll come back just in time for the Road to Wrestlemania.

I'm playing a 2004 scenario and it's hilarious how stacked the WWE is. The Rock, Austin, HHH, HBK, Foley, Flair, Steiner, Booker T, Goldberg, the list goes on and on. I also hired Sting.

I decided to make Goldberg my company figurehead because I am a madman.

One of these days I'll have to look up Observer stuff about exactly what happened during Goldberg's run. I've heard third-hand that either Vince or Rock saw him as the potential company headliner for the forseeable future and that's why Rock put him over along with Brock on the way out the door, and also that there confidence in him is why Triple H was able to argue in favor of going over Booker at Mania, so he would be a strong enough heel to feud with Goldberg during an hit-the-ground-running Main Event push. Reports on exactly why he gave up after a year are pretty widely varied and seem to be looking for who's fault it is (Triple H, Vince, the locker room as a group, a subset of locker room bullies, ex-WCW guys with grudges, Goldberg's attitude, etc) more than looking for actual facts.

Either way, have Goldberg vs HBK Main Event Wrestlemania. That poo poo would own.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I like how momentum is now more vague, rather than being a precise number. Having a roster filled with 30 momentum dudes stressed me out, but some being "minor positive" and "minor negative" now is fine.

Also it pops up when you're about to book two people who you know have terrible chemistry. That's nice.

Edit: HHH was brought into Wrestler's Court for not pitching in for car rental fees, and Foley found him GUILTY!!!

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 4, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can somebody say when there are some good mods updated for the new version plz

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

wow, the XFL is in the game and everything

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I'm playing a 1994 mod as WWF. I always tweak the finances, just so I don't have to worry about budgeting while I'm trying to book matches. This time, though, I decided to indulge a little. Ladies and gentlemen, your new on-screen authority figure - Arnold Schwarzenegger.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Solomonic posted:

wow, the XFL is in the game and everything

Ah crap.
One my end goals is creating a gargantuan broadcasting juggernaut.
All I need is to spend 5 in-game years saving money and then getting this event.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 4, 2016

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

can somebody say when there are some good mods updated for the new version plz

same

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

yeah or upload one of the converted ones that doesn't suck, please

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How's the CAW community on the 2k16 PC version? Ever since the last update fried my Xbox One save file and I had to restart all over, I can't download a single CAW without spending maybe 15 minutes on one guy retrying over and over. I've heard this is related to the CAW being created before the patch.

Super unfortunate. I just about had my Universe set up with 80 CAWs and all arena slots filled. Ruined my game. But if I could just download the PC version and grab somebody's pre made save, that'd be cool. I like the game. But then it fried my save I spent foreeeeeeever dorking out on :(

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
http://gamepreservation.tumblr.com/post/143809001284/jesse-ventura-superstar-wrestling-sega-genesis-dreamwork

So, there was nearly a Jesse Ventura FPW game in 1992.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
2016 is the best TEW game. Thank you for taking my call.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
i want my updated mods so that all the fancy new features will work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WCW will live!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Rodney the Piper posted:

2016 is the best TEW game. Thank you for taking my call.

Word, 2016 is so loving good.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Though nothing sucks quite as bad as when your company falls below national.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I started with a local sized company in the Cornellverse just to try things out. The guy I was going to put my title on walked out after 3 shows when his first two matches involved him working with opponents who were wasted on drugs, and then my attempt to cheer him up with a rib backstage backfired horribly

Not exactly what I wanted to happen, but I like it a lot more than when the backstage thing was pretty much 'nothing bad ever happens except for random events and then you can just bribe them to happiness incredibly easily'

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I started with a local sized company in the Cornellverse just to try things out. The guy I was going to put my title on walked out after 3 shows when his first two matches involved him working with opponents who were wasted on drugs, and then my attempt to cheer him up with a rib backstage backfired horribly

Not exactly what I wanted to happen, but I like it a lot more than when the backstage thing was pretty much 'nothing bad ever happens except for random events and then you can just bribe them to happiness incredibly easily'

You can still buy happiness via bonuses.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

CapitalistPig posted:

You can still buy happiness via bonuses.

Yeah, but as a small company I can't afford it and people actually get pissed off and walk out on the company like in real life. In the past it just felt like I could pretty much completely ignore backstage stuff, hire a couple of people who were friends, and never have any problems.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Yeah, but as a small company I can't afford it and people actually get pissed off and walk out on the company like in real life. In the past it just felt like I could pretty much completely ignore backstage stuff, hire a couple of people who were friends, and never have any problems.

Oh yeah it does feel more expensive.

I really like the realism though I can see it being a pain in the rear end for a local company without much money.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Rodney the Piper posted:

Though nothing sucks quite as bad as when your company falls below national.

I could not keep my 96 WWF above National to save my life in '13. It fell to Cult 3 times in a 3 1/2 year game. Once because the game world's importance dropped in a region, causing my importance there to go below the baseline.
Luckily, I'm not going to have that problem in my '91 WCW game. I'm not close to National yet but my show ratings are off the charts because (among other reasons) the workers in this mod don't have hamstrung entertainment values.
(Their stats might be a little on the broken side honestly. Then again I am dealing with guys like Steamboat and Flair).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh yeah it does feel more expensive.

I really like the realism though I can see it being a pain in the rear end for a local company without much money.
That's why you build your own stars :getin:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

That's the goal. But then the guy I had managing my up and coming stable of young guys died of natural causes at the age of 52 leaving them devoid of charisma and the new guy I hired was brutally heckled by the crowd who hated him :smith:

edit: humorously he won his match via the superman punch lol

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Well yeah that's the idea. We were talking about bribing said stars to keep them happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Build stars whom don't throw tantrums

:getin: