Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

dis astranagant posted:

Antimech attacks happen in the shooting phase.

Sooo... no attacks if it takes the extra movement? What can they do in the physical phase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

El Spamo posted:

Sooo... no attacks if it takes the extra movement? What can they do in the physical phase?

Nothing.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
PhoenixHawk Noretti orders are in.
I'm running over to shoot more grounded planes.
At the end of my move I'll be at least 3 hexes from the infantry nearby (they're ACE so this is before they move, yes?), so if my local infantry killers can kill the nearby greenies, that would be cool.

Are we aiming to blow up all the low level aeros first before we hit the heavily tanked ones?

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Someone spray the retreating meat sacks with a cluster shot or missiles? They're like 10,000 each!
Use the money to buy drinks for the infantry guarding your mechs, but never tell them why you're being so generous.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 29, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Let them retreat. Despite PTN's insistence that they might remain a credible threat they can't swarm and need 13+ to leg attack a stationary target. Given they time might combine with squad 3 but that's a minimum of 4 turns out.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 29, 2016

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

That heavy infantry in the south will probably take up positions in the heavy woods and try for area denial.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 29, 2016

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

El Spamo posted:

If they're TSM-equipped infantry, I believe they can melee attack infantry in the same hex. Also, I think that Battle Armor can also use fast movement, as they count as infantry units of some sort. Battle Armor equipped with vibro-claws can deal physical attacks, as well.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

paragon1 posted:

A group of legendary Kuritan Iron Chefs and Davion Gourmet masters must learn to work together on the field of battle and in the kitchen in order to acquire the perfect ingredients for the ultimate fusion cuisine for the twin royals first birthday celebration. Can they overcome a strict timetable and double serving of courtier scheming to finish in time?

Diners, Dropships, and Dives, host by Clan Ghost Fieri...

Leading to another Trial of Annihilation

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

MJ12 posted:

If they're TSM-equipped infantry, I believe they can melee attack infantry in the same hex. Also, I think that Battle Armor can also use fast movement, as they count as infantry units of some sort. Battle Armor equipped with vibro-claws can deal physical attacks, as well.

Huh. Well.

I'll give them a bit more space and move to 1637 (Screamer, move!), 5 hexes from those little bastards. I loathe moving so slowly, but if I get to melt their jumpy faces...

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

El Spamo posted:

These are not clan TSM ninja infantry heh, you're totally fine to get down to 1342 ish and start roastin on spehss marine platoon 4, or normal infantry squad 3.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

El Spamo posted:

Screamer, move!

Oh I'm moving, don't worry. Orders in - I'm jumping to 0543 and hosing the area down with laser and PPC fire.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Grasshopper orders in: Run to 1640, fire 4 ML and large xpulse at vehicle in 941,
with vehicles in 942, 943, 840, 841 as backup targets.

e:v if this was to me, facing straight forward

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 30, 2016

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Facing which hex?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Are you using MASC again? If not, you'll stop in 1740 instead.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

SIGSEGV posted:

Facing which hex?

0642, firing at the parked Visigoths

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ardlen posted:

Are you using MASC again? If not, you'll stop in 1740 instead.

nope, just running. dont want to burn my legs out early, and i don't mind if i take a bit of fire, that's my job.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Someone should probably write emergency orders for the Gunsmith, Ostscout and Dragoon in case the players don't show up.

Not sure if anyone forgot, since confirmation isn't being rolled. You can designate a location as the target of a called shot with any direct-fire weapon or physical, if you're hitting a parked unit, giving a 44% chance to confirm, only rolling location normally if it fails.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 30, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

RA Rx posted:

Someone should probably write emergency orders for the Gunsmith, Ostscout and Dragoon in case the players don't show up.

Don't forget you can designate a location as the target of a called shot with any direct-fire weapon or physical, if you're hitting a parked unit, giving a 44% chance to confirm, only rolling location normally if it fails.

^^ Those guys have orders in this time on the gdoc, at least.

Called shots is definitely a good idea though. That could help you guys murder a lot more planes faster!

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

El Spamo posted:

Huh. Well.

I'll give them a bit more space and move to 1637 (Screamer, move!), 5 hexes from those little bastards. I loathe moving so slowly, but if I get to melt their jumpy faces...

Don't worry about their ability to melee attack you, they aren't TSM-equipped cyborgs. I'm about 99% sure.

Especially because right now I don't think the Clans even have TSM tech.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.

Gwaihir posted:

Well, in my case, I'm the alternate but there is indeed a set of orders already submitted for the Dragoon II.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gwaihir posted:

Called shots is definitely a good idea though. That could help you guys murder a lot more planes faster!

What should we aim for?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

RA Rx posted:

Let me worry about that. I've got it covered.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

Let me worry about that. I've got it covered.

Orbital bombardments coming early this year.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

sebmojo posted:

What should we aim for?

Generally, all of you should pick a specific part of the vehicle (left/right wing or rear) and blow that up if you're going to do called shots. That way you'll chew through that part and into SI much faster, killing the target.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

sebmojo posted:

What should we aim for?
I think the right wing is a good choice for all the aerospace assets - everyone should have shots on it and it has less armor than the front.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

TildeATH posted:

Orbital bombardments coming early this year.

Looks like rain

Steel Polarized rain

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Paingod556 posted:

Looks like rain

Steel Polarized rain

This weather is nuts if any unit stays out for a long period of time. The fluff pointed out the Snow Raven and Sea Foxes didn't see this coming... as it is if there's an average of 1 lightning strike per round for the mapsheet then for a standard sol there's going to be about 8 hits per hex. Any lights and infantry out of shelter will be at severe risk, and the Snow Ravens are going to have to work hard to drive/tow any surviving aircraft to what hangars/shelter they have.

Even if there's 2 lightning strikes per round though I expect there'll only be 1 hit on average per 15 turns or so w/ 35 units on the board.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 30, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

MJ12 posted:

Generally, all of you should pick a specific part of the vehicle (left/right wing or rear) and blow that up if you're going to do called shots. That way you'll chew through that part and into SI much faster, killing the target.

Please don't encourage people to attack in a way that makes me roll extra dice.

Just attack from the side, you've got a 90% chance of hitting the wing if you attack from the side. The Aerospace tables are quite simple.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Isn't that like, 80% of the fun?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

taqueso posted:

Isn't that like, 80% of the fun?

please, I think you mean it's 2d6% the fun

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

But they'll lose 4.4% of their accuracy, that's probably like 2,000 credits on average per shot!

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Just attack from the side, you've got a 90% chance of hitting the wing if you attack from the side. The Aerospace tables are quite simple.

I was just answering someone who asked 'if we're going to do called shots, what should we aim for'?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

MJ12 posted:

I was just answering someone who asked 'if we're going to do called shots, what should we aim for'?

I'm not serious in any case. I've just gotten 6 hours of sleep in the past 72 (thanks, insomnia) so my sense of humor is broken.

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009

RA Rx posted:

the Snow Raven and Sea Foxes didn't see this coming...

Its really too bad that we are stomping out the cutest clan mascot. The Sea Fox sounds so cuddly even if it is some kinda scaly psuedo-reptile :3:

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
orders in, ketchen floor removed, I'm going to bed

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Speaking of stomping out, the infantry are behaving rationally, but Clans are behaving like normal, engaging a heavy company with a light star.

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
IIRC Sea Fox was a pretty sane and rational clan OTL, maybe they have a trick up their sleeve?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mightypeon posted:

IIRC Sea Fox was a pretty sane and rational clan OTL, maybe they have a trick up their sleeve?

yeah i think that's a given

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
If submitted orders don't explicitly say you're activating MASC, I'm going to assume it's not active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Meant to ask MASC does it infer running penalty to aiming or walking?

• Locked thread