Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

gret posted:

Lewis.

It probably actually is Lewis or maybe Alonso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Big John is now 7th in the WDC, ahead of that fraud Shyiat

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

The big question is who do we vote driver of the day?

I'm going for Kvyat to make a mockery of the thing.

Vettel.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The scooter guy for pointing the way for vettel

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

learnincurve posted:

The big question is who do we vote driver of the day?

I'm going for Kvyat to make a mockery of the thing.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Driver of the Day should go to Magnussen - I doubt anyone expected a Renault to get points today.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Toto did a second massive tirade against internet conspiracy theorists. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-boss-hits-out-at-lunatic-conspiracy-theorists-732713/

I'm not sure he understands that the people who believe zee Germans have it in for Are Lewis are the exact same Lewis obsessives who get thanked for believing in him, #blessedfans, and so on and so forth, are also the " core group of fans who are really behind us"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yeah, the facebook posts from plastic Lewis fans are a new level of spastic.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm looking forward to Kyvat smashing Vettel every race

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Great race, had everything I could want. A Seb crash and radio whine, a petulant Lewis and a victorious Nico. Great stuff.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It was as dull as shovelling horse poo poo after the second corner. I can only assume you were watching with your dad and had some sort of drinking game going on while he whined in an amusing way about how hard done by Lewis was.

Merc shown on TV; take a shot.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

DOOP posted:

I'm looking forward to Kyvat smashing Vettel every race

It's very endearing and I would enjoy that subplot in 2016

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

It was as dull as shovelling horse poo poo after the second corner. I can only assume you were watching with your dad and had some sort of drinking game going on while he whined in an amusing way about how hard done by Lewis was.

Merc shown on TV; take a shot.

I just enjoyed it :shrug:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I just enjoyed it :shrug:

Me too. I knew the first third or half of the race would be decent, shame Vettel was knocked out so early but the after-drama almost made up for it.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

learnincurve posted:

Toto did a second massive tirade against internet conspiracy theorists. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-boss-hits-out-at-lunatic-conspiracy-theorists-732713/

I'm not sure he understands that the people who believe zee Germans have it in for Are Lewis are the exact same Lewis obsessives who get thanked for believing in him, #blessedfans, and so on and so forth, are also the " core group of fans who are really behind us"

Person pulling conspiracy's strings says conspiracy is false. Well I guess that settles it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What I don't understand is why Toto thinks the conspiracy theorists post on the internet while lying in bed with their laptop on their chests. It seems very specific.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
The worst thread, where a parade of posters race to see who can be the first to say the race was boring!

Also LOL at how awkward the Putin / Nico conversation was. Both of them just waiting for the other to say something. Then Putin hightailing it off the podium before THE CHAMPAAAAGNE!!!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

What I don't understand is why Toto thinks the conspiracy theorists post on the internet while lying in bed with their laptop on their chests. It seems very specific.

Toto is letting the world know that the only thing that goes on in his bed is sleeping and loving

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Those of us who were watching it live said it was boring at around lap 20.

I've vehemently defended races other people thought were poo poo before but even I recognise a truly awful race when I see one.
The problem is everything about the track. Surface too slippery and green, track too wide, no good corners, no elevation, straights too long , cars too far apart for 90% of the race, a sub 10 second pit stop, only needing one pit stop, undercutting not being a thing and the fact that it looks like it's taking place in a loving concentration camp.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it was too much effort to keep streams running so i switched over to united-leicester at about halfway. i'm fairly certain nothing changed between then and the finish. grosjean continues to be by far the most impressive part of this season.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

learnincurve posted:

Those of us who were watching it live said it was boring at around lap 20.

I've vehemently defended races other people thought were poo poo before but even I recognise a truly awful race when I see one.
The problem is everything about the track. Surface too slippery and green, track too wide, no good corners, no elevation, straights too long , cars too far apart for 90% of the race, a sub 10 second pit stop, only needing one pit stop, undercutting not being a thing and the fact that it looks like it's taking place in a loving concentration camp.

Anything else? Lol.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I get a bit ranty when they knowingly race on bad tracks in shitholes when the only people who benefit from it are the FOM . :( Chuffing Bernie.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Man that first lap sure was something.

Enjoyed the race. Good to see a Hass back in points.

Feel real bad for super seb

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Even better when the country is basically a dictatorship: Azerbaijan, Russia, Qatar, Bahrain, etc. I chuckled when Ted commented on the huge flagpole in Baku, because there's a "my dick is bigger than yours" competition with the dictators of the world to see who has the tallest flagpole.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Nill posted:

Isn't it obvious? In Russia, Putin is driver of the day, every day.

In Soviet Russian, Putin drive you.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I thought Bossberg was considering ignoring Putin - he made him wait a long rear end time for the handshake. Sadly it wasnt to be.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I enjoyed seeing a German jump for joy in victory in Russia and the German anthem played in Russia for a German team winning in Russia. Just like the good old days of 1941-43. May Mercedes domination last a thousand years

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Just like the good old days of 1941-43.

That was the first Mercedes-Reich. The second was Mclaren-Mercedes in the 90s. This is the third Reich.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Did this get mentioned? Couldn't see it in the last days' posts so assume it slipped through. The final sentence is just pure Bernie.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ecclestone-against-f1-cockpit-protection-732478/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Toto getting angrier and angrier as Crofty reads out Lewis fan's tweets will never get old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMWWcAmql8U

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Toto getting angrier and angrier as Crofty reads out Lewis fan's tweets will never get old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMWWcAmql8U

Some day he's going to terminator out during a interview.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Some day he's going to terminator out during a interview.

Stahp eet naoh, the talking ov the sahbotoghe

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

andyf posted:

Did this get mentioned? Couldn't see it in the last days' posts so assume it slipped through. The final sentence is just pure Bernie.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ecclestone-against-f1-cockpit-protection-732478/

He also thanked Lewis during Brundle's grid walk for starting 10th as proof that his idea of mixing up qualifying results is good for racing.

The comedy stylings of Bernie Ecclestone.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

4 races in season is still good.

The gently caress is happening?

Even the off track antics are great with bernie in full troll mode.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Oh yeah that was a fantastic race, I specially loved when Rosberg lapped everyone but 4 cars, what a thrilling finish, kept me on the edge of my seat.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stop only paying attention to first place you twit

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
ahh yes the fantastic midfield battles

I wonder who will finish in the points, will it be a Toro Rosso or a Renault or hey look both McLaren managed to get on the points, so amazing, who cares who wins the races only losers care about who is the winner.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I would expect a Venezuelan to show more interest in the unforced errors causing serious crashes

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Oh yeah that was a fantastic race, I specially loved when Rosberg lapped everyone but 4 cars, what a thrilling finish, kept me on the edge of my seat.

You would have hated the 1980s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Human Grand Prix posted:

You would have hated the 1980s.

Nah at least those cars had a 50/50 chance of randomly exploding for every 100km they ran

• Locked thread