Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
It just occurred to me that I could maybe use the time I waste on SA at work to be a bit productive. I work in marketing for a large company and often commission outside creatives for custom art. We do advertisements, t-shirts, posters, digital etc... and try to be pretty creative. The industry is plant/garden related so please be able to draw plants. I am just testing the waters here, please send me a PM if you are at all interested, I'd like to see some examples of your work. Project scope is pretty variable but I am absolutely willing to pay well for good work.

Additionally I am in need of some copywriting work but it's a much more difficult and vague task. I'd be happy to discuss it with someone interested and with some good examples of their work.

I hope I am using this thread properly. :ohdear:

Update: Thanks for the responses! It took me a few days but I think I got back to everyone.

crazystray fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flamadiddle
May 9, 2004

I'd like to get a logo done for my company. Nothing flashy, just a simple icon I can put on my letterheads/business cards alongside my company name. Something like the below examples (a laptop with something resembling a code structure on screen), but in a flat 2-colour style so I can re-color it to suit any situation.

http://imgur.com/a/ncAIv

Please get in touch if you're interested. Looking to pay somewhere around $30-$40, but happy to discuss.

UPDATE: User Phylodox got in touch via PM and did a great job.

Flamadiddle fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 15, 2016

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

crazystray posted:

It just occurred to me that I could maybe use the time I waste on SA at work to be a bit productive. I work in marketing for a large company and often commission outside creatives for custom art. We do advertisements, t-shirts, posters, digital etc... and try to be pretty creative. The industry is plant/garden related so please be able to draw plants. I am just testing the waters here, please send me a PM if you are at all interested, I'd like to see some examples of your work. Project scope is pretty variable but I am absolutely willing to pay well for good work.

Additionally I am in need of some copywriting work but it's a much more difficult and vague task. I'd be happy to discuss it with someone interested and with some good examples of their work.

I hope I am using this thread properly. :ohdear:

I don't have PMs. Do you have an alternate contact method?

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Puppy Time posted:

I don't have PMs. Do you have an alternate contact method?

crazystray@gmail.com

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Hey guys! I'm a painter and sometimes illustrator. I'm currently on break from teaching at graduate school because of the summer, so I'm looking to get some commission work. I try to keep my rates fairly flexible.

Fairly flexible in what I can do as well, but I've done shirt designs, album covers, as well as drawings for a tabletop game. Here are some samples of recent work. You can find my portfolio here. http://www.brandongeurts.com/

You can either PM me for an email or find one on my website.

madsketcher.
Sep 20, 2011
Hi guys,

I am currently offering graphic illustration services in exchange for donations.

SA thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734436

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm an illustrator who does mostly character related art, open for commissions for the summer.

Send me a PM or email me at Will.Hayward2@gmail.com.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Having missed this subforum for (most of) the entirety of my time in the SA Forums and now nearing 20 years in digital graphics I'm prepared to help you with:

Photoshop imaging: Quick or quality, you decide. I'll quote either way, I'm not a snob, there are purposes for both methods.

Logo design: General direction is encouraged as the more you can communicate about your goal logo the faster and cheaper it will be.

Consider this a placeholder as I find examples to include, but if you're in a jam, PM me for a quote.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

As a fox lover, I can say that, with certainty, I love this illustration.

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 19, 2016

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Howdy! My name is Al Vigil, I'm a cartoonist/animator/filmmaker AT LARGE!

From the years 2011-2015 I wrote and drew a webcomic called Buffet of Lies, which you can peruse at your lesiure, but if not, here are some more recent examples of comics work!

I've also got a VIMEO where my animation/film work is kept. There's a lot there too, here are some screencaps of work I'm proud of.

I'd be happy to do most anything! Colorist, Editor, Inker, Cleanup, Commissions, you name it!

Hit me up at buffetofliescomic@gmail.com if you're interested!!

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking to hire a photographer in the Long Beach CA area to shoot 2 large indoor murals. Museum experience preferred, or at least an established portfolio photographing art.

We pay professional rates, and I need a quote ASAP to round out my budget

PM for details and my work contact info

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
I'm looking to commission a piece of art, a realistic portrait done of a car with short text underneath, nothing too complicated, I hope. If graphic art works best and it can be printed, that's fine, but I'm certainly open to options and willing to pay for good work.

I can try to explain more via email, so if anyone is game to discuss particulars, please drop me a line.
himynameisdrevil at hotmail dotcom (yes, I know it's dumb)

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 5, 2016

dbcooper
Mar 21, 2008
Yams Fan
Hi. I'm looking to have a logo created for my group at work. I'm paying for this out of personal funds and it's not sponsored by work. I thought it'd be a humorous internal logo and have little expectation of using it professionally.

I'd like a black and white version and simple (few-ish) color version of the logo (easily reproducible). Intended use is computer display (PowerPoint, monitor) and printed B&W or color (laser or inkjet).

The basic idea is a laptop being dropped into the water. See my sketches of the logo idea.

Feel free to use artistic license but if you're going to change it substantially please let me know before investing a lot of time.

I'm not sure what a decent rate for this type of work is. I was hoping to get away with the whole thing for $30-50 given the situation but I don't know if that's realistic.

I guess contact me if you're interested and show me similar work you've done? If no one contacts me I guess I'll realize my offer is too low. :)

Thanks for reading!

Edit: I think I should clarify what types of logos/art style I like? I'm not familiar enough with artistic terms and categories to be certain I'm using it correctly. I like the styles of these logos even if it's unreasonable for this task (simple is hard1)?

Not sure if I'm honing in on these because of preexisting associations in my mind or my idea of a "clean design":

If the deep linking is forbidden please message me and I can fix it. I just want to save time and not have to rehost all these examples.

1 And expensive, amirite?

dbcooper fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 15, 2016

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Hey creative goons! I am looking for a videographer in the San Francisco/Bay/Valley area to do some shooting Sept. 6 - 9 for a project. Basically it's a series of interviews with customers all located between San Jose and San Francisco. We anticipate doing two shoots per day, at about 45 minutes each. Confirmed so far are locations in Redwood city and South San Francisco with probable locations in SFO proper and Sunnyvale.

We need someone with their own gear and transportation (lighting, possible green screen) to shoot 1080p with sound and provide ProRes or equivalent files. If this sounds like a fit or you need more info email me (don't have PM) at razorfield(at)gmail.com. We're hoping to make a decision early to mid next week.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
edit: taken care of :)

EngineerSean fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 15, 2016

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I'm looking for someone who can do...ascii art. I have no idea how much you get for that stuff so I guess hmu and we can talk about prices; at r.michaellaneous(at)gmail.com

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Hi goons. I've been running OpenXcom, an open-source strategy videogame, for a few years now and I think it's about time it got a proper professional logo.

Edit: Taken care of by Rock Epidemic.

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 20, 2016

plasticbugs
Dec 13, 2006

Special Batman and Robin
I'm looking for a writer who can write about anime.

I need someone with a deep knowledge of anime and the ability to write short, list-style scripts for video -- think stuff like 107 facts about Naruto - close, but not quite that. Humor is good, but honestly, I just need someone who can write, who is an anime fan, and has relevant writing samples they can share -- blog posts, SA posts, news articles, scripts, livejournal, tumblr, MAL reviews you've written etc. If you've written for TV/video, that's a huge plus.

If this sounds like you, please email me with links to writing samples and the best way to contact you. My email is: scottmosch (A.T.) g m a i l d o t c o m. Alternately, feel free to message me here on SA. I can pay $50 per script (negotiable). You must be a current US resident and of legal age to work in the US. You'll have to do the whole W-9 thing for tax purposes, etc. This is for a real company.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

You should really post this in ADTRW coz you'll get 50,000 responses.

plasticbugs
Dec 13, 2006

Special Batman and Robin

kedo posted:

You should really post this in ADTRW coz you'll get 50,000 responses.

Good thought. I was worried a little about posting there because I didn't want to be overwhelmed with responses. If I don't get any hits here, I will definitely consider posting there.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
edit: job taken

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 12, 2016

kinnas
Jan 28, 2008
The Case of Martin Heidegger, Philosopher and Nazi Part 2: The Cover-up

Fortress Occident is looking for a freelance character modeller capable of working with Blender or Maya to help us out with No Truce With The Furies, an isometric RPG.

The applicant must be proficient in the following:

1) Character modelling and character asset modelling (jackets, trousers, shoes, hair, and so forth);
2) Creating optimal UV layouts;
3) Character texturing that would fit our game’s painterly style;
4) Rigging a plus.

Please send your application and portfolio to fortressoccident@gmail.com

edit: totally a paid gig!

kinnas fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Oct 12, 2016

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

kinnas posted:

Fortress Occident is looking for a freelance character modeller capable of working with Blender or Maya to help us out with No Truce With The Furies, an isometric RPG.

The applicant must be proficient in the following:

1) Character modelling and character asset modelling (jackets, trousers, shoes, hair, and so forth);
2) Creating optimal UV layouts;
3) Character texturing that would fit our game’s painterly style;
4) Rigging a plus.

Please send your application and portfolio to fortressoccident@gmail.com

Is it paid? I might have a friend who would be interested, but only if it's a paid gig.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I apologize if this isn't really the right kind of thread for this, but I have a friend who made some games on steam and unfortunately the artwork is really one of the biggest issues with it. He doesn't get a lot of sales as a result because the art looks so amateur. He's working off of a tight budget that I can't really divulge since I myself don't know, all I really know is that he feels he has enough money that he could pay for someone to do voice acting for his game and I've suggested he not do that so that hopefully I can convince him to hire an artist to go through and redo at least *some* of the artwork for his game.

Here are the 2 games he has completed that are on steam at the moment.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/622/

At minimum, I'd want him to check out getting some new banner/header artwork for the game, though ideally it'd be nice if he could replace the in-game art too in order to look consistent. A big issue is that the art looks uhh, well, here's a screenshot.

I'm not an artist and I'm not really sure how to describe it, but the GUI art on the left, the character portraits on the bottom, the actual battlefield art, and the character pog things all seem to clash to me, and others I've spoken to have said the same thing, describing it as "rough" and "flat" and "messy."

I guess my questions boil down to these:

What would be a good price to seek out if he was just looking for a replacement for a couple of the steam header images? Also, what would a good price be for a bunch of stationary art assets and backgrounds? I don't really have an amount, unfortunately. I know this is kind of hard to judge since it is sort of like asking a person to give me an offer for a car I heard my friend talk about one time, but I'm hoping to get some kind of idea so that I can hopefully help him get his game fixed up and in better shape and selling better than it is now.

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

Hiring someone to do some comic book style drawing for product branding. Ideally looking to work with someone who does this for a living and can follow the project through to completion through multiple revisions, working with friends of friends who draw on the sid ehas burned me in the past.

I'm looking for someone comfortable in drawing similar in style to Bill Watterson's C+H sunday colour drwaings such as this one, (which is actually the inspiration for the project): https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e4/99/89/e499899dc49e27019f8d74e95c8bad30.jpg The project is a single drawing like the linked one, but larger in scope (full plane, other objects in the sky, objects in background) with significant changes (different plane, different pilot, and some specific things in the drawing related to the product).

PM me if this is up your alley.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
I'm looking for an artist/designer to design the UI for a video game. There are only a few "screens" worth of work to do. The mechanics of the UI are mostly sorted, I just need the visuals looking professional. Show me some of your work and I can share some more info. I'm willing to go outside of the box so take a chance.

e: I think I might have someone.

baby puzzle fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 18, 2016

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
I need new business cards for my photography side business. I very much prefer a minimalist style, can deal with just one-sided, need them ready by the weekend. Based in the EU, so payment in EUR preferred. Paypal or invoicing is fine.

e: Booked one!

DanTheFryingPan fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 9, 2016

BurritoEclair
Jun 16, 2012
I'm Jon. I do paintings and pixel art.

Looking to help make some upcoming holiday art/gifts or do some work for the game dev folks around here. I'd be happy to draw you as a monster, or if you already are a monster (inside or outside) I can draw you like a presentable human being.

Look at some of my work. Get a chuckle or see what I'm capable of.
If you're interested and are willing to throw some money my way go e-mail me. drain.jonathan(atsymbol)gmail.com

I'm very talented.

BurritoEclair fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 16, 2016

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I'm looking for an artist or illustrator skilled in portraits to make a portrait of my girl. I'd like her replaced by the character in this goofy emoji; and written above the pizza - "In pizza we crust"

I'll of course send you a hi-res photo of her in that posture. Oddly enough, she looks pretty much exactly like the cartoon in the emoji haha.
I'm looking to have this done by December 20th at the latest. Her birthday is the 22nd.
I would also like this to be done in some sort of traditional medium- not digital. So illustration board, canvas, paper, whatever. I'm open to suggestions!

If you're interested and willing, share with me some of your work or where I can view it, and we can talk prices. Thanks! email-nortonopposite@gmail.com
Or just PM me.

Got it done, CC wins again. Thanks goons.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 6, 2016

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Looking for someone I can commission a print from by Christmas. The final product should about the size of normal 8.5x11 printer paper for hanging on a wall in a frame.

The piece would be a rubik's cube in the center surrounded by a colorful psychedelic haze. My goal is to be as easy to work with as possible so if you want more details on what I'm thinking or if you prefer to apply your own ideas to that description (in that case I'd like to see some of your samples first) either way works for me.

I'm aiming for something roughly in the $50-$100 range. Willing to go higher for rush fees and/or if you also frame it.

PM or email me if interested. My email is my username @gmail.com

done, thanks goons

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 5, 2016

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

I'm looking for someone to recreate an existing logo in vector format with layers.

It's quite a simple logo, but all I have is jpg format and as we know that's no good for use with transparent background or changing the background colour on the image or resizing for that matter.

I don't expect that this will take much time.

It needs to be an exact duplication of this with the outer white background removed. The inner white needs to stay.

PSD, PNG, SVG, etc. are wanted, or even an AI file.

PM or post here with a price.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 9, 2016

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

edit: removed contact details

daspope fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 20, 2016

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Dawncloack fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 26, 2022

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

I'm looking for a logo design for a new site I'll be launching soon. It's basically a blog about drinking/bars in Tokyo. With a focus on cocktails.

The name of the blog is kind of long: nomunication. That's portmanteau of nomu, to drink, and communication.

I'm fairly open to ideas. Perhaps something incorporating imagery of Tokyo or cocktails, or maybe using the kanji 呑 or 飲.

I'd be looking to have an ongoing relationship as well, since (for example) at the moment I'm using an off-the-shelf WordPress theme. So there could be more work down the line. I will likely need some business/promotional cards and such too, maybe an app at some point.

You can pm me here or my username at gmail.

Stringerace
Apr 30, 2007
Hello Creative Goons,

Background
I asked for assistance years ago and was incredibly pleased with the result so I thought I would try again. I recently joined a non-profit in Miami that helps persons with disabilities learn better manage their disabilities to live independently (see more at http://www.cilsf.org/). We need to fix a number of things, but our entire style needs to be modified. Currently I'm looking for a logo to base our new style on.

Project Requirements
Please send me an email (petero @ cilsf.org) with some examples of previous work and a cost estimate for the project.

The logo must:
  • Be professional and appeal to donors/foundations who entrust us with their funds
  • Evoke Miami/South Florida
  • Readily be identifiable as involving persons with disabilities
  • Seem friendly to the individuals whom we provide services. (Mmmm nebulous, undefined and unquantifiable requirements)
  • Can be printed black and white.
  • Either has simplified version or can pass as the simplified version.

Design Elements
Bellow are thoughts and opinions on a starting point, but I am incredibly open to different ideas/directions. If you have a different idea please suggest it. I have had a number great results trusting the creative instincts of others and am happy to follow them. If I were to take stab at the idea though, I would suggest an Art Deco interpretation of Disabled Parking sign with a vibrant color. Again, this is a tenuous idea though.

Being in Miami contains the following elements:
  • Art Deco Buildings
  • Colorful Surroundings
  • Intricate Murals (Image Search Wynwood Murals to see what I'm referencing)
  • Beaches & Sunshine

Examples of Elements that I Appreciate:

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Stringerace posted:

Hello Creative Goons,

Background
I asked for assistance years ago and was incredibly pleased with the result so I thought I would try again. I recently joined a non-profit in Miami that helps persons with disabilities learn better manage their disabilities to live independently (see more at http://www.cilsf.org/). We need to fix a number of things, but our entire style needs to be modified. Currently I'm looking for a logo to base our new style on.

Project Requirements
Please send me an email (petero @ cilsf.org) with some examples of previous work and a cost estimate for the project.

The logo must:
  • Be professional and appeal to donors/foundations who entrust us with their funds
  • Evoke Miami/South Florida
  • Readily be identifiable as involving persons with disabilities
  • Seem friendly to the individuals whom we provide services. (Mmmm nebulous, undefined and unquantifiable requirements)
  • Can be printed black and white.
  • Either has simplified version or can pass as the simplified version.

Design Elements
Bellow are thoughts and opinions on a starting point, but I am incredibly open to different ideas/directions. If you have a different idea please suggest it. I have had a number great results trusting the creative instincts of others and am happy to follow them. If I were to take stab at the idea though, I would suggest an Art Deco interpretation of Disabled Parking sign with a vibrant color. Again, this is a tenuous idea though.

Being in Miami contains the following elements:
  • Art Deco Buildings
  • Colorful Surroundings
  • Intricate Murals (Image Search Wynwood Murals to see what I'm referencing)
  • Beaches & Sunshine

Examples of Elements that I Appreciate:

I sent an email. Sometimes it gets lost in a spam folder because of non-static IP or whatever.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'm looking for a particles/effects artist. Show me what you got.

Edit: its for some UI effects/animations that need to be highly fancy.

baby puzzle fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 5, 2017

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

like this effect on the meter at the bottom of the screen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEYp1RTvllM&t=140s That sort of thing. I need that.

Edit: Ok I figured out that the kind of art I'm looking for is called "motion graphics".. good to know.

baby puzzle fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 7, 2017

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
My fiancée is obsessed with both Bob's Burgers and Bob Ross, so I am looking to commission a color image of Bob Belcher, as Bob Ross doing the Joy of Painting. Nothing too extravagant, just sitting in front of the canvas, dressed like Ross, complete with trademark afro, maybe making some Happy Little Burgers!

I am not sure how labor intensive something like this is or what a reasonable timeframe would be for you. If this sounds like something in your wheelhouse, please PM me with quotes and maybe a link to your portfolio? Thanks so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Sent you a PM, bloodysabbath.