Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

GenericMartini posted:

is this bad that I like the theme song for tonight.

Flo Rida is a tough act to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

GenericMartini posted:

is this bad that I like the theme song for tonight.

Yes.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Okay gently caress this. I sat through hours of terrible booking and finishes through Wrestlemania, you're not going to fool me twice WWE. I'm off to bed.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Turns on on app, sees rollup.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS!

...please SZ/KO don't suck.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

NickRoweFillea posted:

who'd you piss off to get the YFL av

I dunno someone in USPol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

what nice timing

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/726919302746660865

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I think I've seen this Owens/Zayn video package 5-10 times and I like it every single time.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
this Owens/Zayn promo is legit good and maybe the best they could have done without paying ROH to use their match footage

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dull!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

WWE will never do anything as cool as Owens killing Zayn again.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
too bad this feud was so rushed

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
"When we met actually the Syrian only spoke a very rudimentary amount of Spanish but hey it was totally like the Queen song about friends"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Blaise330 posted:

Flo Rida is a tough act to follow.

Bo Rida could do it

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'd hate that more if there wasn't a story to it (hotshot newcomer hits the taunt button too many times, gets caught) and if it wasn't almost certainly leading to him learning his lesson and punishing Ziggler in a match where the rules could be categorized as Extreme. As it is, I'm fine with it. Let's not forget the build to it consisted almost entirely of Corbin squashing Dolph.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I don't know anything about anything; why are roll-ups effective like 99.9% of the time? I get the surprise factor, I guess, but is there a kayfabe explanation like weight distribution or body positioning or something?

It just looks so dumb when a dude like Corbin just flails his legs ineffectually for three seconds, arms limp at his sides, after doing what amounts to a squash match.

Also, looking at this Owens/Zayn video pacakage, how do you take a powerbomb bump on the edge of the apron like that without it still hurting like hell? Is it just super padded?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Are you kidding? Kevin Owens killing people and Sami Zayn dying are pretty much their respective gimmicks.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
all that said, I'm just gonna rewatch the Punk/Cena and Bryan/HHH promos to remember that they could still do better

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Needs More Ditka posted:

i don't think I could possibly boo loud enough right now

Imagine going to both Mania and this and not walking out early on at least one of them

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

nooneofconsequence posted:

professional wrestling is simply an infinite loop of Kevin Steen injuring El Generico

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

afatwhiteloaf posted:

too bad this feud was so rushed

its 6 years old!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Can't believe that it's been a year since KO/Cena. Those matches ruled.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Oh poo poo who let Creepy Greg in here

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
That apron powerbomb is the most cringe inducing spot. Glad he doesn't do it every match, it really preserves the mystique of it even though Cena walked away after it once.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

What a great promo package

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I can't believe they kept Greg Hamilton over Rich Brennan. I thought he was much better in this role.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blaise330 posted:

That apron powerbomb is the most cringe inducing spot. Glad he doesn't do it every match, it really preserves the mystique of it even though Cena walked away after it once.

It's actually safer than it looks, it's like when Morrison would take the high bump getting knocked off the barracade. There's a lot of ways it can go wrong but in theory it's just a high bump across the shoulderblades

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Delsaber posted:

Oh poo poo who let Creepy Greg in here

im a go getter guy with a gun on my hip i'm just searching for that someone to be firing it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like Sami's shirt. Does it have a big retarded logo on the back

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ShakeZula posted:

I'd hate that more if there wasn't a story to it (hotshot newcomer hits the taunt button too many times, gets caught) and if it wasn't almost certainly leading to him learning his lesson and punishing Ziggler in a match where the rules could be categorized as Extreme. As it is, I'm fine with it. Let's not forget the build to it consisted almost entirely of Corbin squashing Dolph.

I'm just hoping this whole PPV is not "We're setting things up for other, better PPVs"

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Haha Kalisto/Ryback didn't get taken off the preshow after all.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

surf rock posted:

I don't know anything about anything; why are roll-ups effective like 99.9% of the time? I get the surprise factor, I guess, but is there a kayfabe explanation like weight distribution or body positioning or something?

It just looks so dumb when a dude like Corbin just flails his legs ineffectually for three seconds, arms limp at his sides, after doing what amounts to a squash match.

Also, looking at this Owens/Zayn video pacakage, how do you take a powerbomb bump on the edge of the apron like that without it still hurting like hell? Is it just super padded?
Its because the idea that it "protects" the wrestler because he wasn't ready instead of taking a finisher which makes him a jobber, except constantly losing to rollups is probably just as bad; problem is that a flash pin is okay, but they just use the same one over and over, there are other types of flash pins drat it!!! :argh:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

So wait, did they need more time for the full PPV or...?

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine going to both Mania and this and not walking out early on at least one of them

i don't think i can imagine a world where i have that much money

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

go kalisto :toot:

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

surf rock posted:

They're actually extremely ineffective and if they worked as often as you claim almost every single match would end in a rollup

But when you're distracted then suddenly dropped on your shoulders it might take you three seconds to orient yourself and react

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Hooray Dolph's eating poo poo on the pre-show!

Ryback got bumped up to the main card!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Is Kalisto slowly morphing into Glacier?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Geez Sami you could be a LITTLE mad.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Another match? Where are the drat commercials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm just hoping this whole PPV is not "We're setting things up for other, better PPVs"

I think I might have some bad news for you, in that case...

• Locked thread