Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

AstroZamboni posted:

Also dug the little dig on The Black Tapes.

That wasn't a dig, that was a shout-out. It seemed affectionate to me.

Black Tapes is pretty good, but it's kind of lost focus in season two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
God I hope I can get 4th Anniversary Tickets. Honestly, maxnmona, how likely is it the show will sell out in presale?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

DoctorWhat posted:

God I hope I can get 4th Anniversary Tickets. Honestly, maxnmona, how likely is it the show will sell out in presale?

It's not a very big room, so it's likely to go fast. That said, I have no idea how many of our members live in the NYC area so I can't say if there are enough of them to sell the event out.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

maxnmona posted:

It's not a very big room, so it's likely to go fast. That said, I have no idea how many of our members live in the NYC area so I can't say if there are enough of them to sell the event out.

I'm probably going to come up from Philly to go. :toot:

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Snowdog79 posted:

Holy crap.

I just got the email.

My band is the weather on the next episode.

That was a drat fine song.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Welp, bit the bullet and became a Dark Scout. Hopefully the presale access thing goes smoothly, I'd regret it forever if I missed this party less than a mile from my house.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Finished episode 4 of Alice Isn't Dead, and holy crap what a great podcast. The combination of mind-bending horror (maxnmona has a thing for severe facial distortion methinks) along with crippling grief is creepy and tragic. Jasika Nicole is sublime, and the hints at the greater threat crawling out of its alternate reality into ours is terrifying.

Thistle Man can go suck on a railroad spike, gently caress that guy auuuuuuuugh gently caress.

E: also, the soundtrack has been spot on, I realized halfway through the last episode that Disparition incorporated factory sounds into the music and fuuuuuck that in the best way, that made me jumpy as hell.

HIJK fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 2, 2016

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

most of those factory sounds are actually manipulations of the sound of a regular household laundry dryer, which is a technique I stole from NIN

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Wow immersion ruined :argh:

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

Earwicker posted:

most of those factory sounds are actually manipulations of the sound of a regular household laundry dryer, which is a technique I stole from NIN

Quality steal.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

The music in the newest episode of Alice is loving amazing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'll see all you bastards at the Fourth Anniversary Party!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've really been enjoying Alice isn't Dead as well. It's my late late night podcast.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anaconda Opportunity

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Things are more like they
are now than they ever were before.

AstroZamboni posted:

That was a drat fine song.

Thank you sir. It's an honor to be included on this podcast.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

AstroZamboni posted:

The music in the newest episode of Alice is loving amazing.

Yeah, just listened to this latest ep and it may be my favorite yet, both overall and specifically the music/soundscape. So drat good!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Well, JFink almost gave me a heart attack this morning. I was listening to the new Alice while driving on a small road slightly above the speed limit and some woman was tailgating me. So I was worried I was about to get hit, and then suddenly there was an incredibly loud horn. Yikes.

Also, I actually did google the names on the billboard before I realized they were part of the story, not real world references. It turns out that Bernard Hamilton is a real murderer who was on death row until he died of natural causes a couple months ago. Coincidence? Probably.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

MariusLecter posted:

Thistle man is the hero, actually.

Thistle man is Alice

Their relationship is a switchblade romance

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Fuckin' beagles, man.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
What an ominous episode.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
This last Night Vale episode :ohdear:

Everything worked really well together. Just a great way to convey all the stuff happening in the background and bring it forward.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The phone tree bit was hysterical, first time I've laughed out loud so hard at a WTNV sketch on public transportation in ages.

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
Awesome episode. I am (a little inordinately) smug about figuring out what Maureen's internship is. And, holy poo poo, the call from the unknown number. :ohdear:

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I'm not sure what I loved more, the passive-aggressive utilities phone tree, or Maureen's meandering voicemail prompt.
One audio problem I had, though, was I could hardly hear the Sheriff over my own singing along to Kill V Maim (which I feel should have been called out in the credits- I had to listen to this episode again on my work computer this morning to make 100% sure it was actually there and not just playing in my head like it already does half my waking hours).
The little post-credit snippet made me laugh, too. Good effort, Maureen.

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008
Hahaha John Peter the pharmacist... That was hilarious

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anyone else had Palestine from this eps weather stuck in their heads?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

MariusLecter posted:

I kept humming it at work today. :)

Also I just downloaded The Investigators from bandcamp, looking forward to 2 hours of Nightvale stuff.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

They should team up with that Bob Dylan sound alike who sings "Jerusalem."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

angerbeet posted:

I kept humming it at work today. :)

Also I just downloaded The Investigators from bandcamp, looking forward to 2 hours of Nightvale stuff.

as soon as it pops up on itunes i'll pick it up, i've gotten real spoiled about downloading poo poo right to my phone

Chex Warrior
Oct 26, 2007
Maureen and Michelle nonchalantly smoking candy cigarettes was hilarious. The rest was scary as fuuuuuuuuuck. I was in my bed in the dark, and when that last noise played it made me stumble for the lights. :magical:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yeah that was a great episode

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
The description of the mud, and the bits shortly before and after, scared me shitless.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Lay on Hands posted:

The description of the mud, and the bits shortly before and after, scared me shitless.

The mud stuff was terrifying. It reminded me of the Night Vale Fun Run through a canyon, but I haven't heard that ep in a while. I'm still hoping that The Distant Prince turns out to be the Big Bad of this season.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
Yeah the mud description definitely felt like some kind of callback to Through the Narrow Place. More descriptive detail made it even creepier though.

I kind of hope all the emphasis on "Who's a good boy?" means there's a true-name solution to the demonic puppy situation. I also hope that name is Spot, because that's basically the name of Hades' hellhound.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's interesting to see WTNV have a real villain, I guess? Strex was really "distributed" and Kevin was as much a comedy character as a villain, and that's mostly held true. Either a villainous force has been behind-the-scenes, or purely animalistic, or very indirect, or burocratic or satirical. This Hell Hound is just a direct, malevolent, active force.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Well, I've been hoping for a while that they were gradually building a Lovecraftian pantheon. First you had The Smiling God, then The Distant Prince, and now The Hell Hound, which may or may not be related to the others.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jurgan posted:

The mud stuff was terrifying. It reminded me of the Night Vale Fun Run through a canyon, but I haven't heard that ep in a while. I'm still hoping that The Distant Prince turns out to be the Big Bad of this season.

The only positive to the mud is that at least the people the strangers have abducted can potentially be saved....

EDIT: /\ Don't forget City Council and Station Management

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mokinokaro posted:

The only positive to the mud is that at least the people the strangers have abducted can potentially be saved....

EDIT: /\ Don't forget City Council and Station Management

somehow i don't think they're nearly on the same level as an interdimensional being

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
How about the Glow Cloud or the Shape in Grove Park?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
John Peters YKTF is clearly a shoggoth