Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Helical Nightmares posted:

If you bothered to look at the source material (you didn't) or click on the link ( you incurious gently caress you can't bear to even read something that might challenge your world view) you would realize the link leads to his mathematical papers and thesis.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol triggered

E: seriously though, I did enough years of math in undergrad/grad school that I really don't care to read more of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Typo posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

a guy who unironically likes a murdering terrorist

What else do you believe that's wrong? Learn to read

You should attempt to read his thesis. It's quite interesting.

http://homepages.rpi.edu/~bulloj/tjk/tjk.html

Also not all of his observations are wrong either. The dude, though deranged is a genius still.

I've read it before. More than a couple times.

Kaczynski moved away from liberalism as not being activist enough.

I"ve said nothing that indicates admiration for the terrorist actions. Your lack of researched thought and reading comprehension is on display though.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Typo posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol triggered

E: seriously though, I did enough years of math in undergrad/grad school that I really don't care to read more of it

Explain how linking number in topology can be applied to the double helix of DNA.

Or a practical use for a fourier transform.

Or just explain roughly the abc conjecture.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 2, 2016

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

Typo posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

a guy who unironically likes a murdering terrorist

Yea I dunno why anyone would like Hillary Clinton either

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

Typo posted:

lol

so isolated

we are discussing the recent video in which a man walking alone ("isolated") was pursued by a mob so bloodlusted that a squad of 4+ police officers chose to push him over a bush rather than walk him back out through the agitators

ofc your comrades would never do this sort of thing at a rally, that would require risk rather than just play-acting their favorite reverse lynching fantasies in the safety of an anonymous mob

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
typo is the guy who goes to the neighborhood potluck to talk poo poo about the state of the neighbors lawn while refusing to do anything about the multiple broken cars on cinder blocks rusting away in his own front yard

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

as halfway crooks posted:

ofc your comrades would never do this sort of thing at a rally, that would require risk rather than just play-acting their favorite reverse lynching fantasies in the safety of an anonymous mob

lol

Chicago:

complaining about protesters is fine and all, but you need to get your story straight on at least some level

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Explain how linking number in topology can be applied to the double helix of DNA.

Or a practical use for a fourier transform.

Or just explain roughly the abc conjecture.

the first one sounds pretty interesting and I might actually read it if I ever get the math bug again, otoh I never want to see another fourier transform in my life

ty for the link

Typo fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 2, 2016

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

as halfway crooks posted:

typo is the guy who goes to the neighborhood potluck to talk poo poo about the state of the neighbors lawn while refusing to do anything about the multiple broken cars on cinder blocks rusting away in his own front yard

that's why I rent an apartment and gonna buy a condo so I don't have to deal with the front yard and poo poo :agesilaus:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I miss the gently caress out of Jeb.

I'm just thankful the Jebtube Youtube page is still up and so many staffers got fired so fast that nobody has the password to take down the channel and nobody on staff is young enough to know what a takedown notice is.

We'll always have Miami, Britto. Always.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

shadow puppet of a posted:

I miss the gently caress out of Jeb.

I'm just thankful the Jebtube Youtube page is still up and so many staffers got fired so fast that nobody has the password to take down the channel and nobody on staff is young enough to know what a takedown notice is.

We'll always have Miami, Britto. Always.

Jeb! is still hanging in there and hip as always :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/726194731462483968
https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/726241276446658562

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

Typo posted:

lol

Chicago:

complaining about protesters is fine and all, but you need to get your story straight on at least some level

yep you sure got me with that representative event

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Typo posted:

the first one sounds pretty interesting and I might actually read it if I ever get the math bug again, otoh I never want to see another fourier transform in my life

I sympathize with the fourier transform but they are ... just really loving useful (necessary) in some cases for example converting x-ray diffraction data of a crystal (DNA, protein, some enzyme complex that includes water nucleic acids and metal ions, etc.) into the position of atoms.

the first is useful for calculating if a double stranded DNA circle is supercoiled, how much and if it's negatively or positively supercoiled. Important for figuring out the action of some enzymes like topoisomerases. Which can be useful drug targets

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Jesus christ. Trump broke Jeb so badly that he thinks building up a strong tweet game is going to get him the Mitt-slot anointed one free ride for the 2020 nom.

Give it a rest Mr. Columba, give it a goddamn rest.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's at times like these that I'm glad for American elections - specifically, the electing part. These endless, hopeless internet slap fights have no stakes and produce nothing except the odd funny line or nice meltdown, but the promise that at the end of all this, some people will be proven right, others wrong, means at least there's some future satisfaction to look forward to. The one thing the endless arguments are good for is getting everyone invested in hating each other and looking forward to seeing the others' misery while being vindicated ourselves.

On that note, it's the Trump supporters in this thread who seem to be doing the most hedging, leaving rhetorical space open in case of his defeat to blame the backstabbing establishment and the system being rigged against them. Even Bernice Anders' tireless insistence that Donald Trump Will Be The Next President is a gimmick partly born out of how novel it is for even a Trumpist to be that certain, like a sort of self-parody. The people planning to vote Democratic come off as pretty secure, entertaining the idea of Trump winning the Presidency as really nothing more than a funny hypothetical, the real story is the damage to the GOP.

It probably doesn't hurt that while pundits and party actors were caught off-guard by Trump and speculated his downfall for months, the polls were already telling the story by Fall last year - and those same polls are showing Clinton beating Trump handily. Trump's shown an ability to subvert expectations, but if his powers extend to the General when the numbers are against him, we don't have evidence of it yet. But at least thanks to the fixed date of the election, we know we'll get an answer after all of this.

In the event of Trump's defeat, I do hope his faithful here don't blow their support off as a long-running gimmick and blend back into the general posting population. Go down with the ship, man.

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

Dolash posted:

It's at times like these that I'm glad for American elections - specifically, the electing part. These endless, hopeless internet slap fights have no stakes and produce nothing except the odd funny line or nice meltdown, but the promise that at the end of all this, some people will be proven right, others wrong, means at least there's some future satisfaction to look forward to. The one thing the endless arguments are good for is getting everyone invested in hating each other and looking forward to seeing the others' misery while being vindicated ourselves.

On that note, it's the Trump supporters in this thread who seem to be doing the most hedging, leaving rhetorical space open in case of his defeat to blame the backstabbing establishment and the system being rigged against them. Even Bernice Anders' tireless insistence that Donald Trump Will Be The Next President is a gimmick partly born out of how novel it is for even a Trumpist to be that certain, like a sort of self-parody. The people planning to vote Democratic come off as pretty secure, entertaining the idea of Trump winning the Presidency as really nothing more than a funny hypothetical, the real story is the damage to the GOP.

It probably doesn't hurt that while pundits and party actors were caught off-guard by Trump and speculated his downfall for months, the polls were already telling the story by Fall last year - and those same polls are showing Clinton beating Trump handily. Trump's shown an ability to subvert expectations, but if his powers extend to the General when the numbers are against him, we don't have evidence of it yet. But at least thanks to the fixed date of the election, we know we'll get an answer after all of this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

shadow puppet of a posted:

Jesus christ. Trump broke Jeb so badly that he thinks building up a strong tweet game is going to get him the Mitt-slot anointed one free ride for the 2020 nom.

Give it a rest Mr. Columba, give it a goddamn rest.

https://twitter.com/jebbush/status/690738809772888065

they were great pre-iowa, when there was still a sliver of hope

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

mannerup posted:

https://twitter.com/jebbush/status/690738809772888065

:stare: I think the defeat and his hate of Trump ... may have literally broken him mentally. Jesus.

Strangely enough I get the feeling that if Cruz lost tomorrow he'd be able to go back to work after a week of drinking.

I don't think a loss would even rattle Kasich. He'd be at work tomorrow. Same for Sanders.

If Trump starts losing in the general oh man you are going to see a temper tantrum beyond tantrums. But he'll go back to his buisness.

Jeb and Rubio I think may have suffered mental breaks.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

mannerup posted:

I can easily picture Jeb bush defiantly shouting out "I tweet from an iPhone six!" at the Bush dinner table post-Iowa like Will Farrell did in the "I drive a Dodge Stratus!" SNL sketch.

Jeb playing hard to get across all of 2020/4 is going to be good though. His entirely opaque offshore crypto currency-laden UltraPAC is going to shine like the jewel Macau where who'se pai gow tables it was all initially laundered through.

This current nojebs election is poo poo.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

:stare: I think the defeat and his hate of Trump ... may have literally broken him mentally. Jesus.

Strangely enough I get the feeling that if Cruz lost tomorrow he'd be able to go back to work after a week of drinking.

I don't think a loss would even rattle Kasich. He'd be at work tomorrow. Same for Sanders.

If Trump starts losing in the general oh man you are going to see a temper tantrum beyond tantrums. But he'll go back to his buisness.

losing probably isnt that hard when youve got guaranteed patronage/cronyism lined up for the rest of your life. when cruz finally gets eliminated he's just gonna start speaking at random bullshit christian family conferences about how bad gay people are

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Dolash posted:

In the event of Trump's defeat, I do hope his faithful here don't blow their support off as a long-running gimmick and blend back into the general posting population. Go down with the ship, man.

Democrats often are incredulous that they could lose to their opponents and end up losing incredulously.

Carter vs Reagan '80
Mondale vs Reagan '84
Dukakis vs Bush '88
Gore vs Bush '00
Kerry vs Bush '04

That's been the best part of this election and the horrible realization that George actually was the smart one.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 11:01 on May 2, 2016

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

Dolash posted:

on the other hand, nah

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

It was far beyond just politics when Trump was attacking Jeb, you could feel how personal it was and Trump relished in his decimation most of all. Rubio was just another speed bump in the way, and he not only knocked him out of the race but humiliated him in his home state by a double digit loss.

Cruz will survive for the rest of his career off wingnut welfare and Kasich already tuned out and is just in it for free food

mannerup fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 2, 2016

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Louisgod posted:

Ted Cruz is a piece of loving poo poo

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/727084748602888192

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

quote this or you are in favor of being raped by china

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Shipon posted:

"YOU'RE ADMONISHED!" is up there with "IT'S RUBIO" for best moments of this primary imo

what are these two moments i feel i have forgotten so much of this cycle there's just too much

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

mannerup posted:

It was far beyond just politics when Trump was attacking Jeb, you could feel how personal it was and Trump relished in his decimation most of all. Rubio was just another speed bump in the way, and he not only knocked him out of the race but humiliated him in his home state by a double digit loss.

Cruz will survive for the rest of his career off wingnut welfare and Kasich already tuned out and is just in it for free food

Cruz will be found drowned in a lake of pig poo poo after his masters scrap the "Tea Party Trash Monster" project that spawned him.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

No Mans Land 2 posted:

on the other hand, nah

lol look at this bitchmade trumpenprole who's trying to evade his other toxx

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/727100768818479108
lmao

mannerup fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 2, 2016

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

uncurable mlady posted:

lol look at this bitchmade trumpenprole who's trying to evade his other toxx

Loser

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Dolash posted:

It probably doesn't hurt that while pundits and party actors were caught off-guard by Trump and speculated his downfall for months, the polls were already telling the story by Fall last year - and those same polls are showing Clinton beating Trump handily.

I keep wanting to say something like: many people in this thread arrived at the right conclusion by wrong reasoning, but this is maybe a better formulation of this. It wasn't ridiculous to think that Trump would collapse in the very early days. Silver et al. held on to their "Trump will fall apart" conviction way, way longer than they should have, but at the very outset, it was a reasonable belief.

Now the Trumpstaffel want to say: the winning will continue (even in the face of very real polling evidence and structural difficulties that contradict this) because everything is different now. That could very well be true, but I still think they're now the ones ignoring all the evidence.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Are there any worthwhile polls estimating delegate results for Indiana

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mastershakeman posted:

Are there any worthwhile polls estimating delegate results for Indiana

No because Indiana is a state full of liars and cyphers.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

FAUXTON posted:

drat them

I honestly don't really understand trump vs cruz in Midwest States. Close in Iowa and Missouri, Illinois goes huge for trump, and Wisconsin for Cruz. Weird

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

Dogstoyevsky posted:

I keep wanting to say something like: many people in this thread arrived at the right conclusion by wrong reasoning, but this is maybe a better formulation of this. It wasn't ridiculous to think that Trump would collapse in the very early days. Silver et al. held on to their "Trump will fall apart" conviction way, way longer than they should have, but at the very outset, it was a reasonable belief.

Now the Trumpstaffel want to say: the winning will continue (even in the face of very real polling evidence and structural difficulties that contradict this) because everything is different now. That could very well be true, but I still think they're now the ones ignoring all the evidence.

the actual argument is "the winning will continue because everything is still the same"

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

FAUXTON posted:

No his true name is Richard Rahl, silly.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

i know american/europe prices are different, but 4k seems like a lot of money for being a delegate. For a weekend in Paris or venice or something I'd budget 500 euros, maybe 1000 if i wanted luxury. 4k for a weekend in cleveland just seems weird as hell, where does that money go

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Florida GE poll - AIF
604 LV

AIF? More like EIF (Everything Is Fine)

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

• Locked thread