Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Dalael posted:

PL players masturbate furiously everytime they kill a titan.
Source: Ted Talks: Masturbation Myths

wow, way to reinforce that sexual solitaire is bad stereotype, jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

Killmail is better. Killmail goes in your pocket. A titan has to be hauled back home and needs a sitter.

Pretty much the case in most alliances. I don't want to be the FC that denies a titan kill.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah this may come as a shock but 99% of goons don't play eve.

This is an accurate statistic.

Yet there are those in eve who act like....its the only thing that matters in life.

SA is by far the best forums I've ever been a part of and i have had some awesome gaming moments with goons...that *shock* were not in eve.

justsharkbait fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 2, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

justsharkbait posted:

This is an accurate statistic.

Yet there are those in eve who act like....its the only thing that matters in life.

wait are you trying to imply that spaceships arent the only thing that matters in life???? :prepop:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Zephyrine posted:

This is the thread for Eve politics where tryhards can argue over border disputes.

The other is the chill threads where people just relax and have talk about the fun they had.

There are then four other threads for four different goon groups in Eve who are all mostly at odds with one another. Except Groon. Groon are nice and good.

Goddamn.
but yah, I can see how a single thread would be an epic clusterfuck.

Thanks for the info though, should my masochism require an eve sub again, i'll peruse those threads.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Glory of Arioch posted:

wait are you trying to imply that spaceships arent the only thing that matters in life???? :prepop:

:stonk:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Beanbox posted:

Id rather have a titan than a killmail.

Nobody wants to stick around in their autism chariots while some nerds argue about moving their titan sitter 5 regions away.

If someone on grid could fly it NBD though, maybe?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i deleted a really really bad pun from a diplo post(one of an innumerable amount but it was the worst and was such a stretch it cant even be a pun tbh), but the forum software is REALLY loving BAD and choked and hosed up the post formatting irrevocably, kesper or whoever had it saved so nbd (i still got rid of the lovely pun but didn't gently caress up the formatting the second time) but sion leapt into action as much as someone whose voice sounds like watching paint dry can

people told me sion was looking for a reason to oust me and it was unfortunate that's what i got hit on but i cant bring myself to care beyond laughing at how much that dude is a wiener

You did gods work.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

dragonstalking posted:

Nah, kill it regardless.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JanIrvam posted:

I actually do love that. I'm basically done with /r/Eve.

Sorry to dismay the other guy, but internet spaceships are real. Nothing else is. So seriously, if I wanna talk internet spaceships, is there a place to do that on the SA forums?

Here's the super sekrit subforum, friend

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

dragonstalking posted:

Nobody wants to stick around in their autism chariots while some nerds argue about moving their titan sitter 5 regions away.

Someone on grid could fly it, but really getting a titan makes one person happy, getting a titan killmail makes everyone happy.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ranbo das posted:

Someone on grid could fly it, but really getting a titan makes one person happy, getting a titan killmail makes everyone happy.

Nobody on grid had a Erebus alt that didn't already have an Erebus.

First world problems.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Xolve posted:

Nobody on grid had a Erebus alt that didn't already have an Erebus.

First world problems.

When I can afford it. I'm injecting all Titan skills and training them to 2. So this never happens to me.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It would be like the time in Fountain someone ejected from a T3 we were about to kill and Vily spent 15 minutes screaming for no one to shoot it, everyone untarget it etc... so he could steal it. In the end we just killed it and had him rage about how dumb goons were for the rest of the op.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

BigPaddy posted:

It would be like the time in Fountain someone ejected from a T3 we were about to kill and Vily spent 15 minutes screaming for no one to shoot it, everyone untarget it etc... so he could steal it. In the end we just killed it and had him rage about how dumb goons were for the rest of the op.

Vily's supervillian origin story.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

BigPaddy posted:

We had the same thing happen with a Scimitar in a POS once.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

justsharkbait posted:

i have had some awesome gaming moments with goons...that *shock* were not in eve.

This is so true. Some of the most fun gaming has been with goons in other games. Town of Salem and DayZ (arma 2 version) stand out in particular.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Vily's supervillian origin story.

What's his superpower? The ability to be invisible for a year and a half straight?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

BigPaddy posted:

Oh man, I forgot about that.

Schadenfraud did steal a Tengu after we got a wormhole to take us to Catch or Providence or something, another time.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

mehall posted:

Oh man, I forgot about that.

Schadenfraud did steal a Tengu after we got a wormhole to take us to Catch or Providence or something, another time.

Have you resubbed yet?

Also, clownshoes are pretty hilarious.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Morris posted:

GSF Caracal fleet (including Saranen standing fleet) uses Scythes, T1 logi is usually welcome on most other fleets unless it's full to the gills with T2 logi. Logi frigates are used in the Jackdaw fleet and I think the Space Violence SIG uses Deacons for their Confessor fleets (not 100% sure). Can't say about Groon or DJ's group. Upgrading your clone is no longer a thing.

Took me a bit to figure out what the heck a Deacon is, but basically yeah that's sorta what I'm looking for. I used to do a near-perfect Scimitar in the big fleets, but drat that was almost 5 years ago now.

Is small gang logi even a thing that exists? Mainly what I remember was being instantly primaried (which I don't mind) and no one wanting to fight us because we had a healer.

Pvp isn't really the reason I came back (RVCMF is) but I do have the pvp character that I wouldn't mind taking out if I can find a group that fits.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Pangloss posted:

This is so true. Some of the most fun gaming has been with goons in other games. Town of Salem and DayZ (arma 2 version) stand out in particular.

Same tbh. Had a blast playing Planetside 2 and H1Z1 with my goon buds :)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

cravius posted:

Same tbh. Had a blast playing Planetside 2 and H1Z1 with my goon buds :)

h1z1 was the most fun when we spread out amongst med pop servers. High pops always felt way too looted out/crowded.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

Took me a bit to figure out what the heck a Deacon is, but basically yeah that's sorta what I'm looking for. I used to do a near-perfect Scimitar in the big fleets, but drat that was almost 5 years ago now.

Is small gang logi even a thing that exists? Mainly what I remember was being instantly primaried (which I don't mind) and no one wanting to fight us because we had a healer.

Pvp isn't really the reason I came back (RVCMF is) but I do have the pvp character that I wouldn't mind taking out if I can find a group that fits.

Space Violence uses deacons for their "small" gang confessor fleet (30ish)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Sure doesn't look like he was in razor to me

Sure doesn't look like you know what timestamps and corp history are to me.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Krogort posted:

Space Violence uses deacons for their "small" gang confessor fleet (30ish)

Paging flanders to give us exact definitions of micro - small - medium and :frogsiren: fleet pvp

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

h1z1 was the most fun when we spread out amongst med pop servers. High pops always felt way too looted out/crowded.

I would have liked h1z1 a lot if it weren't for the hacking and the constant wipes. Mostly the constant wipes.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would have liked H1Z1 if it wasn't such a generic multiplayer survival game featuring zombies with a shittier design than all the other generic multiplayer survival games featuring zombies.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Rhymenoserous posted:

What's his superpower? The ability to be invisible for a year and a half straight?

The ability to have a soundboard made from his annoying voice and have it be not as good as one made from riverini's even more annoying voice.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

To show up after that year and a half and claim hes been propping up the game the whole time

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

WhoNeedsAName posted:

Have you resubbed yet?

Also, clownshoes are pretty hilarious.

I took a 10day resub offer because it was about to expire, but couldn't decide where I wanted to be in game.

BOS has all my old friends, but GSF give me ISK to fly, meaning I don't need to worry about money.

And then there's Video Games' Corp, which looks chill as hell, and you know I love a bit of mining.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

mehall posted:

I took a 10day resub offer because it was about to expire, but couldn't decide where I wanted to be in game.

BOS has all my old friends, but GSF give me ISK to fly, meaning I don't need to worry about money.

And then there's Video Games' Corp, which looks chill as hell, and you know I love a bit of mining.

GSF doesn't really do much besides sit in station, and if you're flying stuff it'll be lame interceptor fleets

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

GSF doesn't really do much besides sit in station, and if you're flying stuff it'll be lame interceptor fleets

You are stupid as gently caress.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

oh ordo you were doing so well

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

No he is right interceptor fleets are lame. Everyone sighs when they are formed as zooming about and killing stuff is not what eve is about.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

BigPaddy posted:

I don't know if it was the same incident, but there was one time (that I was a part of) in Fountain this happened and it took a lot more than 15 minutes. Closer to 35-40. I remember I actually cooked and ate a meal while it was going on as the FC was try to call drones and players, who weren't warping with fleet warps, as primary before people got fed up and killed the thing.

nessin fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 2, 2016

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

BigPaddy posted:

No he is right interceptor fleets are lame. Everyone sighs when they are formed as zooming about and killing stuff is not what eve is about.

Do you even kill anything with those things? The last time I saw them on grid they'd warp in, shoot something (that wouldn't die), a few dudes get tackled and die, and then repeat until Boat dies.

What a blast!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

JanIrvam posted:

Umm, alright, so if I post here, that makes me a goon. Detesting Goonswarm Federation in Eve is fine?

I mean yeah I guess. But go read other threads in other parts of the site. Get some use out of the $10 you spent other than shitposting here.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

There was nothing redeeming about h1z1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

dragonstalking posted:

Do you even kill anything with those things? The last time I saw them on grid they'd warp in, shoot something (that wouldn't die), a few dudes get tackled and die, and then repeat until Boat dies.

What a blast!

Unless there are some tornadoes babysitting the station, O1Y is a premier hunting ground for interceptors looking for silly station kills. Especially if a fleet is formed that is something slow.

• Locked thread