Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Except it's all the buff dudes in the sauna and the knurling is the veins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

What I'm trying to say is I'm g a y

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geKfXHZY3O8

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Lemming posted:

Apparently playing Hearthstone until 3am and getting 5 hours of sleep is the secret to hitting pr's.

Edit: does anybody think about biting the knurling on the bar really hard and grinding your teeth on it by dragging your head side to side? No reason

I think of very little else

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dum Cumpster posted:

Got my last workout in before Season 6. See you fellas in a few weeks.

My fitness goal for 2016 is to boulder as effortlessly as my ladybarb.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
Why are so many of us swole dudes also Diablo players?

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

Also Walt Whitman wrote about getting swole

The trainers will sometimes take such a man, every way in a bad state, physically, from injurious habits of eating and drinking, want of exercise, &c., his blood bad, his complexion spotted with pimples, his joints nerveless, his tone and vigor at a very low ebb, his digestion poor, his pulse flighty, his animal temperature subject to great inward changes of heat and cold—and will, after gradually inaugurating them, establish such changes in his habits as will turn that man out in a few weeks a completely renovated being, feeling well, looking well, with his muscular development carried to its ultimate degree of perfection, and all the bad humors drenched from his body.

http://ir.uiowa.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2206&context=wwqr

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Diablo is a game about getting swole to beat up more swole monsters, its like a perfect game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SpeedyCow posted:

Why are so many of us swole dudes also Diablo players?

My theory is that Diablo players have many obsessive tendencies and as such probably an increased capacity for performing repetitive, single-minded tasks at high volume.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
My theory is that everybody who posts in this thread is a dork who likes videogames.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

do you have this video preferably with a swole dude by chance??

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I always played as the barbarian due to him being the most swole

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Fallows posted:

do you have this video preferably with a swole dude by chance??
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAbbIYhpdFy/

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I went on vacay for 9 days and was too afraid to visit a ~FOREIGN GYM~ and i hurt my knee while fishing or what t he gently caress ever , and now i am worried that iwill never be able to squat again. It hurts only when I bend it, right under the knee cap, slightly to the right. Tendon or pulled muscle? Its been like 6 days

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I went to the ymca in my uncles neighhood during a visit this weekend. He said it was very seedy so i was apprehensive. Boy was I surprised when I got there and it was a lot nicer and cleaner than my regular gym.

Shite squat rack though. I hate those ones that are totally open and have fixed safeties. Never feel safe lifting heavy. Even when I know I got it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
saw a dude using the smith machine to do skull crushers. why.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Live by the exercise die by the exercise

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
hmmm what's the dumbest exercise to use the smith machine for

my vote is for bicep curls

no wait, farmer's carries

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Bent over face pulls

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
My Y is amazing. A separate room for cardio with like 2 treadmills, some elipticals and some rowers and bikes. All with their own TV, charging port for ya phone, headphone jack. And they're upgrading the weights room with new lighting and flooring. And its only 42 bucks a month for unlimited classes and unlimited use of the gym. God bless Canada.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Wamdoodle posted:

So what's your excuse now? :v:

I'm old

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

exquisite tea posted:

My theory is that Diablo players have many obsessive tendencies and as such probably an increased capacity for performing repetitive, single-minded tasks at high volume.
^ This. (Though I used to be a WoW player, then GW2. I can't let myself play video games anymore...)

Nierbo posted:

My Y is amazing. A separate room for cardio with like 2 treadmills, some elipticals and some rowers and bikes. All with their own TV, charging port for ya phone, headphone jack. And they're upgrading the weights room with new lighting and flooring. And its only 42 bucks a month for unlimited classes and unlimited use of the gym. God bless Canada.

I get a very nice gym with tons of cardio stuff, nice wood floor room that they do the (unlimited) classes in / let you use when free, bags for the idiots to bust their knuckles open on, tons of machines I never use, 3 benches + inclined and declined benches, 4 squat racks and a squat cage, a bunch of other stuff, steam room and sauna + showers, and a pool for $39 (USD, which google tells me is 49 CAD).

Good deals can be found in many places.

(...I may rather this gym be in Canada though.)

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Oops, I meant 20 treadmills. Sounds like your Y is good to. I grew up in Aus and only knew about ymca from american movies and they portayed it as a nasty place, but it seems super well funded around here. Maybe theyre getting some first nations dollars because there seems toi be a lot of natives going there. None of them ever workout properly though.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Ys can be hit and miss in the US, too. Some are really nice, some are ... worthy of soap on a rope.

(Oh, poo poo, I just remembered this dumbass room we have with a bunch of bikes and treadmills where they pipe in movies like 24/7 (or whenever they're open). gently caress that poo poo.)

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
thats the only way youd get me on a bike for more than 20 mins tbh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

jeff smisek posted:

I went on vacay for 9 days and was too afraid to visit a ~FOREIGN GYM~ and i hurt my knee while fishing or what t he gently caress ever , and now i am worried that iwill never be able to squat again. It hurts only when I bend it, right under the knee cap, slightly to the right. Tendon or pulled muscle? Its been like 6 days

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

^ This. (Though I used to be a WoW player, then GW2. I can't let myself play video games anymore...)

I get a very nice gym with tons of cardio stuff, nice wood floor room that they do the (unlimited) classes in / let you use when free, bags for the idiots to bust their knuckles open on, tons of machines I never use, 3 benches + inclined and declined benches, 4 squat racks and a squat cage, a bunch of other stuff, steam room and sauna + showers, and a pool for $39 (USD, which google tells me is 49 CAD).

Good deals can be found in many places.

(...I may rather this gym be in Canada though.)

this is as many squat racks as the gym at my school of 25k students has :smith:

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I go to the gym at work. It's free! There's only one power rack but most people in there are old people doing weird exercises and Smith machine bros, so it's hardly used

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Homestar Runner posted:

hmmm what's the dumbest exercise to use the smith machine for

my vote is for bicep curls

no wait, farmer's carries

no wait, groin thrusters

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Profondo Rosso posted:

this is as many squat racks as the gym at my school of 25k students has :smith:

I'm about to go to a school of about that size for grad school. Made sure to tour the gym when I visited, and that's pretty much the situation there :( :cheers:

E: The rest of the gym is SUPER nice, they spent a lot of money on it. 3 goddamn floors.

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
Bloody amazing, somehow I managed - outside training to injure something in collarbone area.
If I "swing" arm downward motion it hurts, like the 15* from vertical , towards back and towards front, pendelum motion kinda, I get some kinda sharp pain about 1/3rd in towards the neck. Ideas?
Any curl, upward motion etc is fine. I can even dip.

Uxzuigal fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 2, 2016

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

(Oh, poo poo, I just remembered this dumbass room we have with a bunch of bikes and treadmills where they pipe in movies like 24/7 (or whenever they're open). gently caress that poo poo.)

We got one of those too.

I never stepped inside but at least the movie selection isn't always terrible. Still, gently caress cardio.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
If you like homeless dudes screeching incoherent poo poo at you on your morning runs then I highly recommend Seattle.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
I bet its not even on the same level as Toronto.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Thank god finally

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Renegret posted:

We got one of those too.

I never stepped inside but at least the movie selection isn't always terrible. Still, gently caress cardio.

Oh, I'll still do cardio. I just don't wanna be plugged into a loving machine, pedaling away while they cram (decent quality, as you said) movies into my eyeballs like some kinda livestock.

I ain't no cardio cattle, yo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Party Alarm posted:

I go to the gym at work. It's free! There's only one power rack but most people in there are old people doing weird exercises and Smith machine bros, so it's hardly used

same

quote:

If I "swing" arm downward motion it hurts, like the 15* from vertical , towards back and towards front, pendelum motion kinda, I get some kinda sharp pain about 1/3rd in towards the neck. Ideas?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I can't listen to Beethoven without crumbling into a incoherent mess due to a similar setup

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I don't understand Guinness World Records.

http://www.wicz.com/story/31860929/synergy-athletics-owner-breaks-guinness-world-record

Lower!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Just got :10bux: for gas to drive a gymbro, my gym gains are more lucrative than my 401k.

• Locked thread