Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Darkest of Days 2 looking good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: Start saving the $100 for Infinite Warfare + Exclusive Pre-Order Bonus Call of Duty 4: Remastered because if/when they decide to sell it by itself it'll be around this time next year.

I know damned well they won't break them apart at first. A boy can dream though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I never played cod4 so I don't really care about it. Infinite warfare better have more future tech. And extinction.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Dibs on your code

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Only if we get the Blunderbuss again. With Advanced INFINITE Rifling.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIxMNUOt0eU

In the future there is one last secure communications channel: Facebook messenger.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJcm1sgyZCU

lol

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I was looking for that dumb studio tour that IW had during pre Ghosts launch and stumbled upon this gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGzaHqeBFhc

I hate everything

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIxMNUOt0eU

In the future there is one last secure communications channel: Facebook messenger.

Oh god how far in the future is this, fuckin' twenty minutes in the future?

Also twenty bucks says IW doesn't do time travel for INFINITE WARFARE.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Anyone getting on tonight? I just laid down to take a 20 minute nap and slept for 2 hours, so I'm not going to bed anytime soon

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Troutz posted:

Anyone getting on tonight? I just laid down to take a 20 minute nap and slept for 2 hours, so I'm not going to bed anytime soon

Gotta hit the bed so I can wake up and make that Infinite Warfare pre-order money.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

nm

Roman fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 2, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Full trailer with COD4 remastered footage at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF3UTkCoxY

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

COD in space. What a stupid loving world we live in.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Another skip year I guess.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Cardboard Box A posted:

Was that The Rock voicing General Totenkopf?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

For a free game that comes with COD4, Infinite Warfare looks alright

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It looks exactly the same as Black Ops 3. I was hoping they'd go a bit more hardcore into the future and mimic Forever War or Old Man's War or The Risen Empire. They have dozens of amazing hard scifi books they could crib from and they go with the same poo poo as Blops3 but slightly more amped.

Skipping but will totally buy Cod4 if and when they release it as a stand alone. That is, if it will have multiplayer. They've probably hosed that up too.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Beastie posted:

Skipping but will totally buy Cod4 if and when they release it as a stand alone. That is, if it will have multiplayer. They've probably hosed that up too.
It has multi with 10 maps. Raven Software is making the port

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/call_...onfirmed_2.html

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

At least that's something. I suppose I might wait for a mp reveal to see if they've still embraced the jump packs and matrix slides. I don't really like what those added to AW and Blops. Everything just seemed so hectic, it was hard to tell where the front line was when people can just vault then double jump over huge sections of the map. I usually stuck to objective based rounds to give me more situational awareness.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This will probably have genuine low / no gravity maps so I guess I'll play it because I'm a big loving idiot?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

So it's Killzone?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Azubah posted:

So it's Killzone?

It's killzone but it looks fun, which killzone can only claim for the Vita game. I'm down for another loving year of scripted shootmans. Can't be worse than blops3's campaign i guess

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Wazzit posted:

I was looking for that dumb studio tour that IW had during pre Ghosts launch and stumbled upon this gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGzaHqeBFhc

I hate everything
Good god that was so cringeworthy. Can almost see the marketing execs ticking off a list of 'what's cool with the kids nowadays' with each section. Boobs! Junk food! Scooters!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fivegears4reverse posted:

It's killzone but it looks fun, which killzone can only claim for the Vita game. I'm down for another loving year of scripted shootmans. Can't be worse than blops3's campaign i guess

BLOPS3 had detective stapler and :bsg:'s Starbuck. No way IW can do better.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Every gun in the trailer was an SMG. SMG's will be OP as hell in MP. Calling it now.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I guess we're never getting another traditional COD game? I was really hoping the next installment would bring us back to the glory days. But I'm sure I'll end up being a sucker like everyone else and buy it anyways. Can't be any worse than Advanced Warfare.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Beastie posted:

It looks exactly the same as Black Ops 3. I was hoping they'd go a bit more hardcore into the future and mimic Forever War or Old Man's War or The Risen Empire. They have dozens of amazing hard scifi books they could crib from and they go with the same poo poo as Blops3 but slightly more amped.

But then it wouldn't be "GRITTY REALISTIC MODERN MILITARY WARFARE" and you'd risk alienating the shitheads who think CoD is cool.

EDIT: My money was on this year being Ghosts 2. I'm really perplexed as to why all 3 CoD studios are now working on completely different weaksauce near-future milscifi.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Like, realtalk, there's an actually interesting setting they're squandering/loving up here. If they went with the idea that this is literally the first space war ever, and nobody on Earth is remotely prepared for it, you've got a cool mil-sci-fi premise there, one that would be a good fit for CoD. Recognizably realistic spacecraft launching out to the Moon or wherever with marines on board, with weapons that have never, ever been used off the Earth's surface, just hoping that it doesn't get literally everybody killed. The tone should be pretty much abject terror, more evocative of Gravity or The Martian than anything like Titanfall. But what's the first poo poo we see in space? A loving Top Gun dogfight. Then a mech fighting a tank. This is Blops 4.

[Also, naturally CoD is the one game to frame the Earth's military as the good guys in a colonial war. Never change.]

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BLOPS3 had detective stapler and :bsg:'s Starbuck. No way IW can do better.

If we're going by famous actor involved in the plot, then Advanced Warfare is better and sexier than Starbuck and Stapler in Call Of Ghost In The Shell thanks to Kevin Spacey :colbert:

DStecks posted:

The tone should be pretty much abject terror, more evocative of Gravity or The Martian than anything like Titanfall. But what's the first poo poo we see in space? A loving Top Gun dogfight. Then a mech fighting a tank.

Realistic space combat is boring and for boring nerds.The best space combat in videogames is never realistic because most people don't care about the legitimately interesting science that would go into it, they just want to see poo poo blow up real nice. Its like you don't even want to play CoD anymore or something.

Also, Zeon were the bad guys.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

iLikeMidgets posted:

I guess we're never getting another traditional COD game? I was really hoping the next installment would bring us back to the glory days. But I'm sure I'll end up being a sucker like everyone else and buy it anyways. Can't be any worse than Advanced Warfare.

AW was great tho

Beastie posted:

At least that's something. I suppose I might wait for a mp reveal to see if they've still embraced the jump packs and matrix slides. I don't really like what those added to AW and Blops. Everything just seemed so hectic, it was hard to tell where the front line was when people can just vault then double jump over huge sections of the map. I usually stuck to objective based rounds to give me more situational awareness.

this doesnt happen, therer are bondaries all over the maps stopping you from hopping over walls etc except for where they want u to be able to, so its a static part of map design and u can learn it

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

DStecks posted:

But then it wouldn't be "GRITTY REALISTIC MODERN MILITARY WARFARE" and you'd risk alienating the shitheads who think CoD is cool.

EDIT: My money was on this year being Ghosts 2. I'm really perplexed as to why all 3 CoD studios are now working on completely different weaksauce near-future milscifi.

Future stuff lets them get away from paying people for the rights to have specific guns and attachments, and some of the problematic stuff we've done in any of the wars you'd make a game out of instead.

Plus part of the deal Activision had with West and Zampella gave them money and certain rights on any games made set between WW2 and the Gulf War iirc, though I don't know how long that lasts or what changed after they were fired after MW2.

BrokenKnees fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 2, 2016

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Roman posted:

It has multi with 10 maps. Raven Software is making the port

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/call_...onfirmed_2.html

The map Crash is in there with the Heli in the middle. I hope they have 3xgrenades because it was fun spamming the middle as soon as you spawned and getting at least 1 kill.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Stux posted:

AW was great tho

In a thread full of bad opinions, congrats on having the worst.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Wonder what 6 maps got cut. They'll probably just end up trying to sell us the other 10 maps anyway (6 base & 4 DLC)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

DStecks posted:

DStecks posted:

Like, realtalk, there's an actually interesting setting they're squandering/loving up here. If they went with the idea that this is literally the first space war ever, and nobody on Earth is remotely prepared for it, you've got a cool mil-sci-fi premise there, one that would be a good fit for CoD. Recognizably realistic spacecraft launching out to the Moon or wherever with marines on board, with weapons that have never, ever been used off the Earth's surface, just hoping that it doesn't get literally everybody killed. The tone should be pretty much abject terror, more evocative of Gravity or The Martian than anything like Titanfall. But what's the first poo poo we see in space? A loving Top Gun dogfight. Then a mech fighting a tank. This is Blops 4.

[Also, naturally CoD is the one game to frame the Earth's military as the good guys in a colonial war. Never change.]

You're sad that a Call of Duty Ghosts sequel isn't happening. Lmao.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

fivegears4reverse posted:

The best space combat in videogames is never realistic

Heavy Gear 2 had actual zero-g mech combat, and it was amazing.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Look man, I need to know if TexasBane's master plan of revenge against the country that sent him off to be captured and turned by SOUTH AMERICAN MAGIC TORTURE RITUALS (an actual plot point) either succeeds or fails

Mister Macys posted:

Heavy Gear 2 had actual zero-g mech combat, and it was amazing.

It WAS, but my statement still stands.

Kinda wonder if that runs on windows 10 now that you bring it up

fivegears4reverse fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 2, 2016

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Hackan Slash posted:

In a thread full of bad opinions, congrats on having the worst.

the only thing i care about in AW is thaht it lets u do a lethal stoimp from mid air and using that as ur main weapon in a gimmick build based around it was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Not sad. Never played Ghosts. I just figured that was next on the pile, since it was IW's last CoD and the previous two were also scifi. I mean, I understand looking at it from the most cynical money-grubbing perspective possible, which is that scifi is working for CoD now so why do anything else, but you'd think they'd want to diversify, like back during the original IW-Treyarch split when it went Modern-Past-Modern-Past-Modern, but now apparently it's Near-Future, Further-But-Still-Near-Future, Not-Very-Near-But-Still-Indistinguishable-From-The-Present-In-All-But-Military-Hardware-Future.

• Locked thread