Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mai is a great character and a very nice fit for the themes of the show that should've gotten a bit more to do but I'll admit I kinda love how Takahashi threw her away almost immediately after Jou's coma dream in which she actually wasn't present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

At least the Doma arc tried to give her something meaningful to do and some cool new cards.

Which then never got released until a decade later and at which point they were reworded to the point that they were unusable, but details.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
New chapter of the Arc-V manga introduces the Yuri persona of Yuya. It's also amazing.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Apr 26, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's weird to introduce an alternate personality of the protagonist who is more vicious and bloodthirsty and then in the same chapter have them get owned and need to be saved by the original personality.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I've enjoyed the manga versions, but the official translations for them are always so awkward. Especially the GX manga which was riddled with typos and mistakes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yuzu in a suit and glasses is weirdly right

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Arc-V manga seems cool as heck. I really dig the repartee between the four Yus and how they relate to Yuzu.

Baal posted:

Yuzu in a suit and glasses is weirdly right

Yes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why the hell does the official translation constantly use "summons"? It makes no sense and sounds completely wrong.

Also manga Yuri is pretty great. Really different from the anime one too, though I guess that comes with going from villain to anti-hero.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Maybe the translators think it's narration somehow?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blaze Dragon posted:

Why the hell does the official translation constantly use "summons"? It makes no sense and sounds completely wrong.

1. Translators probably don't play the game/ corroborate with people that do.
2. Probably think of it as "I have a summons for you from the king!"

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I just don't get why they use Advance Summon.

Is it that hard to glance at the game's rulebook?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BlitzBlast posted:

I just don't get why they use Advance Summon.

Is it that hard to glance at the game's rulebook?

Direct translation from Japanese. Tribute Summoning was always called Advance Summoning.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Like I said, the official translations are kind of a mess. The GX manga couldn't decide between using the dub or sub names, and sometimes cards had their text copied from a card on the opposing page. The 5D's one kept changing card names mid-sentence, particularly Kiryu's Infernity cards. And the Zexal manga had summaries that were often wrong.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Julias posted:

Direct translation from Japanese. Tribute Summoning was always called Advance Summoning.

I know that, it's just incomprehensible to me that a translator wouldn't at least check an already available official resource that has a poo poo ton of translations right there for you.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/jetikariya50/status/724985601842257920

:allears:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

What a nice thank you to the staff and fans :unsmith:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It sure was nice to see EGAO again this episode, I had nearly forgotten that scene!

In all seriousness, it was a really neat episode, even if its ending felt kind of weak. Arc-V Kaito is cool, and Yuya vs Kaito was a really sweet duel.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://ygorganization.com/yu-gi-oh-cafe-new-items/

Dark Magic Sweet Burning. :swoon:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Of course that loving egg sandwich from that one episode of GX would be there

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's been a while since I've seen GX so I don't remember the egg sandwich at all.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Wasn't the joke that the duel breads were all loving nasty (even the golden eggwich) and people only wanted them because finding the golden one meant you were a good drawer? Seems odd to be selling one.

To represent GX, they should have gone with Duel Curry. Includes carrots, onions, potatoes, cumin, chili peppers, cinnamon, and dinosaur meat. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dexie posted:

It's been a while since I've seen GX so I don't remember the egg sandwich at all.

Season 1 episode, the episode was basically about Jaden and co. wanting to get a Golden Egg Sandwich because it was rare and you get it by pulling one of the sandwiches out of a loving bin of them that you eat during lunch. At some point people realize the sandwiches are being stolen and the Chumley Gang finds out it is a student who has been training in the Jungle of Duel Academy Island to become a better drawer because he always got the lovely rotten egg sandwiches and he is now buff as hell and looks like Mako Tsunami but with less goggles.

Season 1 of GX was pretty fantastic.

Kay Kessler posted:

Wasn't the joke that the duel breads were all loving nasty (even the golden eggwich) and people only wanted them because finding the golden one meant you were a good drawer? Seems odd to be selling one.

To represent GX, they should have gone with Duel Curry. Includes carrots, onions, potatoes, cumin, chili peppers, cinnamon, and dinosaur meat. :v:

Iirc the regular sandwiches were fine, it was the rotten egg ones that sucked and you only got if you were poo poo at pulling out a loving sandwich.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That's how food in general should work tbh. Speaking of drawing egg sandwiches, the episode ended with Alexis pulling the golden one and tonight she debuts on Arc V.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
GX was always the best Yugioh because it treated the concept as seriously as you should.

Until season 3.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Then season 4 happens and episode 172 is the best ever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The dub would have had so much fun with that episode. :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is the only good episode in Season 4

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Actually the Chazz episodes and the super gay Atticus/Fujiwara duel are also good, also the main villain's name is MR. T and it's funny when he says FIVU GODDO DORAGON.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Baal posted:

It is the only good episode in Season 4

Jaden's rematch with Professor Crowler. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

Actually the Chazz episodes and the super gay Atticus/Fujiwara duel are also good, also the main villain's name is MR. T and it's funny when he says FIVU GODDO DORAGON.

Those were all bad especially the latter since we already got that from five businessmen cycling through a teenager's body.

BlitzBlast posted:

Jaden's rematch with Professor Crowler. :colbert:

Oh boy a Jaden duel post Season 2 that's exciting

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not that I have any love for Jaden's duels pre Season 3, but at least Neos didn't cannibalize E-Heroes as much there as it did later

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bullshit Neos owned tho.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Neos looks like a dolphin hosed an alien and all of its variations looked terrible. The Masked Heroes from the manga are a cooler way to take the archetype that still keeps the E-Hero gimmick and has cool designs.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Vision Heroes look dumb, though. Their gimmick of going to the Spell/Trap zone is cool, but they all look stupid as hell.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah Vision Heroes look stupid as hell.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Japanese twitter exploded today.
Fun episode and reveals all around

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Baal posted:

Neos looks like a dolphin hosed an alien and all of its variations looked terrible. The Masked Heroes from the manga are a cooler way to take the archetype that still keeps the E-Hero gimmick and has cool designs.

Neos is cool, he's Ultraman on roids.

Most of the Neospacians are dumb though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yusho is an hilariously lovely dad.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjqQSAfD_bU
Found the official music video for OP 4 and am kind of disappointed that it's not yet another dorky sentai parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Looks like Yusho is just propping up rebellions and getting out when poo poo gets hairy. What a piece of poo poo.