Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metroid Prime Trilogy at any price is an amazing deal and he'll 30% off makes it sweeter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I figured out that the purchases that did not transfer over were from the 3ds ambassador program. I don't have the original console so I guess I'm screwed on those, huh?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Have you people never encountered a rewards program before? Of course it's ~poor value~, they always are and they always will be because people obsess over them either way.

Club Nintendo of Japan dropped physical rewards and previously unlocalized products upon its members.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Slur posted:

Club Nintendo of Japan dropped physical rewards and previously unlocalized products upon its members.

Games that they had to put real effort into getting on there too, as they had to convert Days of Ruin into a DSi downloadable, which apparently is not an easy thing to do.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Games that they had to put real effort into getting on there too, as they had to convert Days of Ruin into a DSi downloadable, which apparently is not an easy thing to do.

Which they also did for WarioWare Touched. Available now in the American My Nintendo offers.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i beat WarioWare Touched this week and it was a Real Good Time, unlike Crying about MyNintendo. and i spent $0

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

touched is a great game

but I thought you said twisted

i am never gonna get a chance to play twisted again

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
what the gently caress is this video game discount poo poo???? where are my goddamn mario shoelaces NINTENDO???????

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

absolutely anything posted:

what the gently caress is this video game discount poo poo???? where are my goddamn mario shoelaces NINTENDO???????

I still have my Mario shoelaces.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

I was still better off with Club Nintendo. Spent like $120+ on physical Nintendo media in the past 2 months that would have netted me something on Club Nintendo that has gotten me bupkis with My Nintendo.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Bill Trinen did comment that they're planning to expand the rewards to physical products at some point.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

My Nintendo is better than Club Nintendo because I can actually use it in Finland.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

Well mathematically that's like $12, which is a 12% return.

That's better than I get off the rewards program from my credit card

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The EU Club Nintendo pretty much only had physical rewards and the U.S. version where you could get games sometimes always looked a million times better to me

I have Mario Golf themed golf balls, a Luigi's Mansion diorama, a Pikmin plush + keyring and a Year of Luigi commemorative coin

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of May 5):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Sweetest Thing - €6.99 / £5.49
    Reptilian Rebellion - €1.99 / £1.79
    Pentapuzzle - €4.49 / £4.09
    Canvaleon - €6.95 / £6.29 (permanent price reduction)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    LEGO Marvel's Avengers - Classic Black Panther Pack - €2.99 / £2.50
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Pocket Card Jockey - €6.99 / £6.29
    The Legend of Dark Witch 2 (demo)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle - Street Fighter, Shantae, Retro City Rampage & more! Ends May 10!
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until May 5
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.79 until May 5
    Tappingo 2 (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.79 until May 5
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.79 until May 5
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.79 until May 5
    Swords 7 Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until May 5
    Mercenaries Saga 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £1.99 until May 5
    Conception 2: Children of the 7 Stars (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until May 12
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 from May 5-26
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from May 5-June 5

Pocket Jockey!

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 2, 2016

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pocket

Mothafuckin'

JOCKEY WHOOF WHOOF WHOOF WHOOF ~*~imitating Off-Course of course~*~

That actually comes out the day I graduate from college. Do I bring my 3DS and play during the ~3 hours of sitting I'll be doing during commencement? Don't worry, it's a nerd major. And no I'm not actually considering it.

enojy fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 2, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

enojy posted:

Pocket

Mothafuckin'

That actually comes out the day I graduate from college. Do I bring my 3DS and play during the ~3 hours of sitting I'll be doing during commencement? Don't worry, it's a nerd major. And no I'm not actually considering it.

You should at least bring it for the street passes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's hard to imagine how solitaire and horse racing could be related

well, because they're not

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of May 5):

Pocket Jockey!
Is that two conceptions in your list or are you just happy for Pocket Jockey?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Next week will see the arrival of Super Meat Boy. Yay. :geno:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

Metroid Prime Trilogy at any price is an amazing deal and he'll 30% off makes it sweeter.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Super Meat Boy is one of the best platformers, you should play it if you (somehow) missed out on it in the past like 5 years

The new soundtrack kind of sucks though. They weren't able to use the old one because of some drama with the original composer or something. The same thing happened with Binding of Isaac I think

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

enojy posted:

Pocket

Mothafuckin'

I know I would.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The combo "horse racing" "card game" is Game Dev Story as gently caress and I love it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God I can't wait for Pocket Jockey.

In the meantime, since Miitomo isn't available here I just now finally got enough platinum points to buy WarioWare Touched, so this'll be a treat.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rexroom posted:

Super Meat Boy is good

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

Super Meat Boy is good

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Super Meat Boy is good

Super Meat Boy is very good. It's also a game from 2009 and has been so widely and cheaply available since then that you could probably get a free Steam key for it if you just asked in the right thread.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yeah, but having it now available on Nintendo systems means that there is some kind of relationship between Nintendo and the publisher/developer which will hopefully mean future releases by said developer will come to future Nintendo systems in a more timely manner.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yeah, but having it now available on Nintendo systems means that there is some kind of relationship between Nintendo and the publisher/developer which will hopefully mean future releases by said developer will come to future Nintendo systems in a more timely manner.

The developer can't even get their expansion packs out on a timely manner on every system (or even get it on every system) so I wouldn't hold my breath.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think Afterbirth is going to make it to 3DS and I wonder if Ninty would even want a game with that title in their system.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rexroom posted:

I thought they were refusing to port games to the WiiU until they put Meat Boy in a Smash Bros game.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

SilverSupernova posted:

I thought they were refusing to port games to the WiiU until they put Meat Boy in a Smash Bros game.

Source please

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Slur posted:

Source please

http://www.gamezone.com/news/if-meat-boy-makes-it-into-super-smash-bros-team-meat-might-bring-a-game-to-nintendo-console-3415132
A reasonable offer, don't you think?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

This seems like a case where a developer made a joke that was singled out of a larger interview and reported on as news.

It happens way too goddamned often and almost always results in a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

This seems like a case where a developer made a joke that was singled out of a larger interview and reported on as news.

It happens way too goddamned often and almost always results in a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the Team Meat guys weren't joking.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SilverSupernova posted:

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the Team Meat guys weren't joking.

It's definitely a joke dude

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Will Super Meat Boy for Wii U have the old soundtrack, similar to the game on steam, or will it have the new soundtrack, similar to the game on PS4?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

JetpackHowwy posted:

Will Super Meat Boy for Wii U have the old soundtrack, similar to the game on steam, or will it have the new soundtrack, similar to the game on PS4?

My guess is that all releases of Super Meat Boy going forward will have the new soundtrack. I'd like to be wrong on this one, but I kinda doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

JetpackHowwy posted:

it doesn't have danny b's wonderful soundtrack

so don't buy it basically