Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Any idea when 825 will be out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Any idea when 825 will be out?

Sometime between now and Monday the 9th. Probably closer to this Wednesday though.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
If you folks are interested in how the anime Kaido reveal turned out, the episode came out today.

They're using the wavy animator I'm not a fan of, but on the whole it was really well done and Zou looks gorgeous. Still had to laugh though when Kaidos arm came out of the ground and just waved in the air like a wet noodle. The guy just can't seem to stop himself from doing that.

Asuron fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 1, 2016

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Asuron posted:

If you folks are interested in how the anime Kaido reveal turned out, the episode came out today.

They're using the wavy animator I'm not a fan of, but on the whole it was really well done and Zou looks gorgeous. Still had to laugh though when Kaidos arm came out of the ground and just waved in the air like a wet noodle. The guy just can't seem to stop himself from doing that.

What the hell? That episode was the best animation the show has had in possibly years.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Asuron posted:

From the looks of the manga and anime in particular, it seems like Kaidou's base strength is at least Luffy's Gear Fourth, if not more. And that's without using Haki/possible Devil Fruit power enhancements/etc.

I bet we will get a scene when the first Luffy vs Kaidou duel happens where Luffy busts out Gear Fourth thinking he'll make a dent like he did with Doffy only for Kaidou to laugh and shrug it off, trading blow for blow with ease.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:12 on May 1, 2016

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

From the looks of the manga and anime in particular, it seems like Kaidou's base strength is at least Luffy's Gear Fourth, if not more. And that's without using Haki/possible Devil Fruit power enhancements/etc.

I bet we will get a scene when the first Luffy vs Kaidou duel happens where Luffy busts out Gear Fourth thinking he'll make a dent like he did with Doffy only for Kaidou to laugh and shrug it off, trading blow for blow with ease.

Then....Gear Fifth!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Asuron posted:

Do they have a new opening? What color are carrot and Wanda

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Do they have a new opening? What color are carrot and Wanda

Not revealed yet for any of those

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Good episode.

There was an interesting comment made about Kaidou: "One on one, Kaidou will win". Certainly supports the idea that he will be a team takedown.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I think Kaido is an enemy that they'll have to overcome some way other than defeating him in battle.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Crazyeyes posted:

Good episode.

There was an interesting comment made about Kaidou: "One on one, Kaidou will win". Certainly supports the idea that he will be a team takedown.

On the other hand, it seems to set up for Luffy achieving the impossible yet again by beating Kaidou one-on-one. The narrator is practically calling out Luffy on this.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Korean Raw for One Piece 825:

http://www.shencomics.com/archives/1671583

(Warning: Annoying Ads)

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I think Kaido is an enemy that they'll have to overcome some way other than defeating him in battle.

This is a shounen manga.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Spoiler pics for 825 for those who don't want to bother with the Korean website:

X

Based on what's been released, it looks like Big Mom has an Alice in Wonderland theme going on, what with the singing door faces and whatnot. Also, the giant Denden Mushi Germa 66 ship looks both creepy and awesome.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 2, 2016

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
how has bleach been translated but OP hasn't yet

this is sacrilege

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Thunderbro posted:

how has bleach been translated but OP hasn't yet

this is sacrilege

because bleach has three sentences to translate per week

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Man, Oda draws all tall, handsome, blond men with the same face.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
so the Lola look-alike pretty much confirms Lola is one of Big Mom's daughters

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter is translated and out - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/One-Piece/825---The-WE-Times--Comic-Strip?id=272280

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
For some reason the territorial sea slug is my favorite thing.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Big Mom's ship for next crew member, imo

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Millions posted:

Big Mom's ship for next crew member, imo

Do ships poop?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
which of the cover picture dumbledores is the most stylish dumbledore? my vote is far-left, with the polka dots.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

dordreff posted:

which of the cover picture dumbledores is the most stylish dumbledore? my vote is far-left, with the polka dots.

The middle dumbledore, definitely.

It doesn't seem like Sanji's family are just actors or whatever, their name just gets used for the comic strip. Although the former would certainly be pretty funny, so it could still go either way.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I'm not seeing the actor thing so far

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also, nobody's mentioned the guy at the end of the chapter.
Looks just like Sanji, so most likely a brother. Possibly his dad, though he looks too young in that case.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I'm not seeing the actor thing so far

That was obviously bad translation.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Julias posted:

That was obviously bad translation.

The whole thing seems to be a Kamen Rider reference with Germa 66 as the Shocker stand in. I wonder if actor actually was used, but it was metaphorical.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Desperate times... desperate measures... got a good laugh out of me. It's not just the plot, the comedy has been really on point lately as well.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Taking bets on whether the guy at the end is Ichiji or Niji

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Julias posted:

Also, nobody's mentioned the guy at the end of the chapter.

Try reading other people's responses then?

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

LostRook posted:

The whole thing seems to be a Kamen Rider reference with Germa 66 as the Shocker stand in. I wonder if actor actually was used, but it was metaphorical.

Oh god drat it Oda!

Of course Sanji is associated with Kamen Rider. He is named after a number, rebels against the evil organization he is associated with, and specializes in Kicks.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Taking bets on whether the guy at the end is Ichiji or Niji

radical outlier: yoji

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So are they saved because getting hype over Nami is a family trait, or because Sanji's family see the fish carcass and assume Luffy is done for so they take the ship in order to collect his bounty?

Lovin that chopper did his wanted poster pose for the cotton candy.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Ok that was a cool chapter,

except for the line that says no chapter next week :(

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gyges posted:

So are they saved because getting hype over Nami is a family trait, or because Sanji's family see the fish carcass and assume Luffy is done for so they take the ship in order to collect his bounty?

It's possible the wedding is an elaborate rouse by the family of assassins to assassinate somebody...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

bondster posted:

Ok that was a cool chapter,

except for the line that says no chapter next week :(
Welcome to the One Piece Experience. You get used to it. :smith:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Julias posted:

It's possible the wedding is an elaborate rouse by the family of assassins to assassinate somebody...

This is my thought, also a family of sanjis, they gonna go nuts for nami.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I haven't thought about this before, but I'm beginning to doubt there's actually gonna be a Big Mam fight.

I feel like the main fight of this arc is gonna be against the Vinsmokes. With either Sanji's dad or one of Sanji's brothers being the big villain.

It's just the way that the Vinsmokes are being built up so far. Something about it gives me that feeling. Also I'm willing to bet that Nami being friends with Lola and possibly something to do with Pekoms will deal with Big Mam without much of a fight.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it makes sense to me that luffy befriends big mam, beats kaiou then gets revenge for shanks loss to blackbeard and becomes pirate king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I still think Big Mom will be the "intellect"/"tactical" fight vs the punching fight. She is being set up as far more calculating and sly than outright dangerous by her physical presence. The danger she poses is more in her crew and her many connections in the world. She knows all about everyone she encounters and can effectively rule through fear and threats than physical violence.