Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Yo Primelaw, can you do the Weekend Warfare tournament this week, Monday through Friday at 6:30PM? It'll be in a Chaffee.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000145/team/1000028989/

password is "qwerty"

Hellsau posted:

actually gently caress it i don't want to do a tanks next week.

Aww, I was pumped to be a benchwarmer again. I can do tanks Monday, Wednesday, and Friday if someone else needs an alternate..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

:siren:New PANSY emblem!!!:siren:

Also, I ran into an old acquaintance who I haven't seen in like 3 years. We played a bunch of games and delivered Hot Cosbys to all the baddies, but this was my favorite game, where we steamrolled on Cliff in our dual heavies:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2663288?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

actually gently caress it i don't want to do a tanks next week.

With how my internet has been the past two days, I wouldn't have bet on it anyways. Yay for Kentucky quality internet!

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

This is relevant to my interests.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
http://imgur.com/Mqgq0i1 beat my spotting damage in an E5 my crew has good eyes

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

http://imgur.com/Mqgq0i1 beat my spotting damage in an E5 my crew has good eyes

You spot with your face very well. I approve.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

primelaw posted:

With how my internet has been the past two days, I wouldn't have bet on it anyways. Yay for Kentucky quality internet!

I would think Kentucky would have some of the best internet, even rurally. There's no mountaintops to block line of sight.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I would think Kentucky would have some of the best internet, even rurally. There's no mountaintops to block line of sight.

The eastern part of Kentucky is smack dab in the middle of the Appalachias. I live like 10 minutes away from the Kentucky border in Southwestern VA, so there's nothing but mountains for miles. Unfortunately Comcast refuses to bring cable up near where I live so I'm stuck with even worse Intermountain cable.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
make sure to use your favorite premium when you get the +50% credits for 1hr boost http://imgur.com/QNrkPF1 (not sure how i got the boost , from some normal mission) but i managed to make 1.3m or so in that hour and this screenshot was one of the best incomes whoops i messed up the screen shot i had t57 selected but that was a jag8.8 game

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 2, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Atomizer posted:

:siren:New PANSY emblem!!!:siren:

Also, I ran into an old acquaintance who I haven't seen in like 3 years. We played a bunch of games and delivered Hot Cosbys to all the baddies, but this was my favorite game, where we steamrolled on Cliff in our dual heavies:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2663288?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

Great, now I need to grind to the Black Prince.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Did I hear someone say Black Prince.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

http://wotreplays.com/site/2664355?secret=c6859ab5ac99dfd604e4894082841697 getting ram kill combos in ru 251 (yeah exited before battle ended so it shows up weird on the wotreplay site still worth watching) the guy in my platoon is some random guy with under 2k games, i made the best of it im not very good at this yet but im sure ill get better http://imgur.com/a/7jHq7 not inerested in that? well at least the replay is fun i don't know i guess this is a failed attempt or just a bad prey ? i tried :(

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 2, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

primelaw posted:

The eastern part of Kentucky is smack dab in the middle of the Appalachias. I live like 10 minutes away from the Kentucky border in Southwestern VA, so there's nothing but mountains for miles. Unfortunately Comcast refuses to bring cable up near where I live so I'm stuck with even worse Intermountain cable.

It was a joke about mountaintop removal mining. I'm in a city, so I can get my choice of cable, but head 40 minutes east of here on the plains and you're stuck with dial-up or line of sight that drops out constantly. 40 minutes west and I have no idea what is even available in the middle of the mountains.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

yesss, autoloading artillery with 15 155mm magazine, shooting it all in one min, is just what WOT needs!! (4 sec reload)

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Maybe I should shoot gold more often.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

A Handed Missus posted:

Maybe I should shoot gold more often.

A pubby lost his poo poo yesterday because I finished off his E25 with a gold round from my CDC.

... except I didn't. I didn't shoot a single round of APCR the entire game. So, he was either mistaken, or was just trying to embarrass me in chat or something? I have no idea. I told him, "You're mistaken, sir. I made money off your rear end."

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I blasted a Skoda T40 the other day with a gold shell from my LeFH and he got pissed off. I apologized even though I was down to my last 2 shells. Didn't matter. Dead men get very angry.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tell them you have a job and use your money to buy gold shells. Make them think you have no idea you can spend credits for gold shells.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

While I'll reinforce the "never not shoot 100% glods" line in this thread, to be honest I don't actually fire much myself. I try to be frugal about my ammo usage which is why I'm never hurting for credits. I see replays where people forget to switch back from glod shells, and I get shot at by glods while driving paper tanks myself, which is fine I guess for other people but I hate having to listen to them bitch about being poor; the cause is quite clear, and if you're too stupid to learn it then that's your own fault.

I'll occasionally remark in a match when I see some idiot unnecessarily firing glod shells, but when retards whine about "gold noobs" I casually remind them that all shells cost credits now. Nobody actually pays gold for them.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I feel like I take APCR and HEAT rounds in my CDC every time I take it out (and not from tanks that shoot APCR standard). I don't get that. A tier 2 light tank could reliably pen the CDC.

I try to load up HE any time I see a CDC.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Atomizer posted:

While I'll reinforce the "never not shoot 100% glods" line in this thread, to be honest I don't actually fire much myself. I try to be frugal about my ammo usage which is why I'm never hurting for credits.

:hfive:

I'm too greedy to shoot gold, but it was a rare round where I was close to getting top gun, so I had to make sure. I only have two gold shells in the T-54 anyway.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

M.C. McMic posted:

I feel like I take APCR and HEAT rounds in my CDC every time I take it out (and not from tanks that shoot APCR standard). I don't get that. A tier 2 light tank could reliably pen the CDC.

Exactly, HE against CDCs, or at worst, regular shells. That reminds me though: yesterday I saw a T28 Proto firing HE out of the 120 mm. He died to the whatever MT he was fighting because he was doing <100 damage a shot. He had like 19k games, which is more than I have. No loving excuses for bots & baddies. :colbert:

A Handed Missus posted:

:hfive:

I'm too greedy to shoot gold, but it was a rare round where I was close to getting top gun, so I had to make sure. I only have two gold shells in the T-54 anyway.

Ah, well the T-54 is a special case; I have a 30-20 ammo split in mine, although I haven't played it much. Still, yeah, you don't need glod shells in as many situations as people use them nowadays.

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
Hah I dumped a heat round from my m44 into a unicum kv-5 on pro then he got focused by the other 2 arty. He cried HARD. Doesn't help I taunted him the rest of the game :D

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
People get mad because I shoot gold from my STA 1, but it has the stock gun with terrible pen so I have to.

Really the only time I get mad about people shooting gold at me is when I'm in something like a heavy tank that shouldn't be penned when I'm effectively angling my armor, and then they use gold to get around that. It sort of breaks the game in a way because there is no strategy I can use to counter that except for hard cover. Then it's like why even drive a heavy tank at all if the armor doesn't mean anything.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Gold ammo should be removed altogether. Make Armour Great Again. :smugdon:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

also roll back all the accuracy changes, buff artillery, and reintroduce +-3 MM

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I fire nothing but gold in my artillery because it makes pubbies extremely mad to see and SPG with +5 kills on the list.

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

I fire nothing but gold in my artillery because it makes pubbies extremely mad to see and SPG with +5 kills on the list.

This.

Also the patton (s). I fired gold back during the e25 event and oh my god the tears.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

It is also quite fun and effective in the french tier 4 and 5 arty. Accurate, fast firing, decent pen, damage and shell-velocity makes it actually loving disgusting.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

M.C. McMic posted:

I forget the CDC is armored with aluminum foil every now and then, and I really pay the price for it. I once got loving dunked on by a VK28.01 Mini-Leo that was shooting AP shells out of its 105mm gun. He was doing jack poo poo to everyone else, but blooped two shells into me before I could get into good cover.
He was then vaporized by a ISU a few seconds later, but I figured that round was a loss. Its really hard getting used to the 0 armor tanks and how even a simple 50mm of armor makes a huge difference.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Yeonik posted:

Hah I dumped a heat round from my m44 into a unicum kv-5 on pro then he got focused by the other 2 arty. He cried HARD. Doesn't help I taunted him the rest of the game :D

You're doing Obama's Trump's work. Keep it up!

Michaellaneous posted:

Gold HE or APCR/HEAT arty shells?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Prav posted:

also roll back all the accuracy changes, buff artillery, and reintroduce +-3 MM

No, they'll do that after sunsetting every preferential MM tank so they can sell them in the cash store for a 50-100% premium over original prices. :v:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

uninstalled due to 8k spotting mission/8k td mission cya in 2 days probably

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

uninstalled due to 8k spotting mission/8k td mission cya in 2 days probably

I suggest playing Mechwarrior 4 with a joystick. I'm having a loving blast. Here's a link, apparently it was released for free online for a while with some fan patches to add poo poo and fix poo poo.

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3q48qzz8eVgYnZvaGdEd0Rxc3c&export=download

Also the 8k spotting/damage mission is far easier than some of the other light missions. I've completed it many, many times by just doing 4k damage and spotting 4k. Lakeville in particular is great, because you can shoot when you need to, and spot when it'll work, and just farm everything assuming you have someone to back you up.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

I suggest playing Mechwarrior 4 with a joystick. I'm having a loving blast. Here's a link, apparently it was released for free online for a while with some fan patches to add poo poo and fix poo poo.

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3q48qzz8eVgYnZvaGdEd0Rxc3c&export=download

MW4:Mercs owns and i endorse it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What is this talk about WoT actually trying to rebalance their game this summer? Why do I feel that the game needs to have a lot of things looked at but that they will probably gently caress up a huge rebalance badly?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

What is this talk about WoT actually trying to rebalance their game this summer? Why do I feel that the game needs to have a lot of things looked at but that they will probably gently caress up a huge rebalance badly?

They've been talking about a global rebalance for years at this point.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

"Rita posted:

– There are a lot of questions about the Czech branch. There are two options at the moment: a complete rebalance of the branch with buffs to all vehicles up to tier 8 along with tier 9-10 rebalance. Or waiting with the rebalance to the new “tank role” model global overhaul.

– The Role balance is expected to come during the summer, there will be more information about it around 10/05/16.

– New MM is now being tested and its named “preset”. More tests will come in the Summer.

– LT need to be given back their role as spotters as they are now only sightly playable. Tier 9-10 LTS are planned for the future but not right now.

– We are hoping to add a new nation at the end of this year.

– Italian tech tree is planned to appear around 2017 or 2018. The team already gathered a full branch of HT, MT, LT and TD but there is little info about SPGs. The MT line will have a Leopard on Top but that’s as far as he is willing to comment on it. (RG: I wonder where he got the TDs completed… imaginary Pony land?)

– In the next patch fail platoon will be receiving -50% XP from the battles.

– We have ideas to release special perks bonuses by Nation.

– Arty rebalance is planned to come together with the Role Balance (aka Balance 2.0)

– We have many ideas planned for arty, for example smokescreen.

– And smokescreen for LT? “Arty is our priority”

– Armor will be the main theme of the upcoming Role Balance.

– Will Premium Shells be balanced? Yes its planned to come with the Role Balance this summer.

Make Armour Great Again! Trump/Patch 9.16. :smugdon:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Lets be honest, WG talks about a lot of stuff for years that never actually happens. Its really surprisingly to me that they are actually doing something that sounds like pretty sweeping changes. Making armor great again sounds like something I can get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

yeah but this time they've promised more news about it on tuesday next week