Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Definitely not a 5th Dimensional problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gaz-L posted:

N52 Harley's origin involves Joker dunking her in chemicals similar to the ones than messed up his skin and hair. She wears makeup if she's being Dr Quinzel now, and also has the Margot Robbie blonde hair with the dyed tips, but otherwise, she's as pale as Joker normally.

That is kind of dumb and unnecessary

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 1, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

The New 52: kind of dumb and unnecessary

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MonsterEnvy posted:

You can also go with the BtAS Gotham Knights explanation of 'built up chemical/poison resistance ' and now she's all Joker colored if it helps!

Also, Jessica 'Power Ring' Cruz was being sucked dry by Volthoom, the evil ring spirit. Using her Great Fear powerring would cause these gnarly tendrils to Snake their way out of the ring . The E3 power ring ended up looking like a mummy when he maxes out on Volthoom power.
So a lot of her early struggle was trying to keep the voice in her head from making her use the drat ring or being pee-yourself scared.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait there's yet another Green Lantern? zzzzz

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SynthOrange posted:

:agreed: Id care more if 'most boring man in the universe' Hal Jordan wasnt the anoited Chosen One of the GLC and hogging most of the limelight.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you wanna see what the guy who's taking over The Flash is all about, Joshua Williamson's Image stuff is on sale right now.
https://www.comixology.com/Joshua-Williamson-Sale/page/10601?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, 2 years ago.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Are you talking about the guy in the Luchadore mask? I saw him in some promo material and wondered if he was a new thing or already established (haven't read DC in ages).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jessica Cruz is from 2 years ago, Simon Baz (the luchadore) is from 4 years ago.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
What if, instead of having 6 human Green Lanterns, we throw out all them except for 2? One for Earth stuff and one for Space stuff.

What I'm saying is the only GL's we need are Guy and Kyle.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Bring back Green Lantern Frankenstein.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What if, instead of having 6 human Green Lanterns, we throw out all them except for 2? One for Earth stuff and one for Space stuff.

They'll never be anything but #1 best Green Lantern Hal Jordan as long as Johns lives.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

gently caress you John is awesome

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is it really such a big problem that the number of human Green Lanterns has increased by two since 1994?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Is it really such a big problem that the number of human Green Lanterns has increased by two since 1994?

It''s pretty dumb to have a space cop where the gimmick each is from a different planet and then have 6 representatives from the same planet and also to make one of them the Important Real Green Lantern and awkwardly shuffle the rest off to the side until someone decides to adopt them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're right, only Hal should exist!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Justice League position of Green Lantern is the only one in Rebirth not filled by the traditional dude (unless you count Pre-Flashpoint Superman being a stranger, which I guess you should.) It's THE interesting thing about the League book on the surface.
I'm into what they're doing there.

Now if they were being written by anyone more interesting than Hitch or Humphries, I might be actually excited!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 2, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I'm also fine with Hal dying and literally anyone else taking over.

Anyone. Alan Scott, Simon Baz, Ch'pp, I don't give a poo poo.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

ImpAtom posted:

I was surprised that it took this long to have a woman from earth be a lantern, even if she has to be from the literal criminal dimension.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

I agree with this :colbert:

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Justice League position of Green Lantern is the only one in Rebirth not filled by the traditional dude (unless you count Pre-Flashpoint Superman being a stranger, which I guess you should.) It's THE interesting thing about the League book on the surface.

Is the opposite for me, the lack not only of Hal (who has been sidelined from the league after the opening arc in the N52) and pre Flashpoint Superman essentially ursurping SuperBro's place (I can't simply believe that Bruce will accept this new Superman just like that) has killed all my interest on the rebirth JL

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Trast posted:

she has to be from the literal criminal dimension.

She's not. Her ring was, and it looks like she's losing that.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

pre Flashpoint Superman essentially ursurping SuperBro's place (I can't simply believe that Bruce will accept this new Superman just like that) has killed all my interest on the rebirth JL

Have you read Lois and Clark? I've found it's pretty easy to get invested in old Clark, Lois and Jon.
It'll only be a year before N-52 Clark isn't just Clark, and until then there being a separate Superman and Clark Kent could be pretty neat.
e: As for Batman or anybody in the world accepting the new guy, I can't imagine that will be an aspect of the story in JL or any other Superman comic. Everybody'll be like, New Fifty-Who?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 2, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Trast posted:

I was surprised that it took this long to have a woman from earth be a lantern, even if she has to be from the literal criminal dimension.

Isn't Jade from Earth?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Have you read Lois and Clark? I've found it's pretty easy to get invested in old Clark, Lois and Jon.
It'll only be a year before N-52 Clark isn't just Clark, and until then there being a separate Superman and Clark Kent could be pretty neat.

I've read Lois and Clark and that why I don't like pre FP in the JL. He is a pretty different character to Superbro but the way they've been marketing his addition to the JL makes it seem like there won't be any significative changes to the team dynamics. This is especially jarring with Batman, Pak did a stellar job building their friendship through all of Batman Superman (and even Taylor helped a bit), we've seen another facet from them in American Alien and all that build up is simply being tossed away.

That is part o the same issue I have with the SuperSons concept although in less degree.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What if he kept the beard? You couldn't argue against that.

There should be a split off universe where everyone's new facial hair from the last few years stuck around.
Guy Gardner shaving his Red Lanterns mustache made no sense.
They should've at least shown Bruce trying on a cowl with a beard and going 'Nah."

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 2, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Parker and Shaner Future Quest interview with some new line art.
http://www.comicosity.com/interview-jeff-parker-and-doc-shaner-face-the-future-quest/

Would anybody want to follow the Hanna-Barbera stuff in it's own thread? I feel like that could it the larger audience and not be drowned out by arguments about Harley Quinn here.
Course if the topic sinks like a stone we could go back here or the licensed comics thread :)

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I admit I'm personally biased here (could not give less of a poo poo about the H-B stuff), I think there are enough of them coming out that they could support their own thread.

No harm in trying it out for a bit and if nobody posts in the H-B thread just bringing it back to this one.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

ImpAtom posted:

Where's my G'nort ongoing DC?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Open a Green Lantern police station for the Earth precinct. Alan Scott would be the no-nonsense chief.

e: Captain? Sergeant? w/e

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 3, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I know it would never last, but I wish DC would do a comedy anthology, so someone can write that G'Nort story they've been wanting to knock out since 1990.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Someone might use him or foist him on someone else for the Kamandi Challenge.

e: Instead of it being Giffen using him, I'd like to see Giffen use the last page of his issue to suddenly set Gnort up as the ultimate answer to everyone's problems (without explanation) to trip up the next guy.

God drat am I excited for this thing again.
http://comicsalliance.com/dc-revives-dc-challenge-kamandi-the-last-boy-on-earth/

Kevin Eastman is gonna draw Tom King's Kamandi comic. That's wild.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 3, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I wish they would let whoever is doing the Sugar and Spike part of Legends of Tomorrow do a full comic with them. I'm not buying an $8 book for a small story I'm interested in among several others I'm not, but every time I see panels of it somewhere I get tempted. I saw one panel where they go to Superman Island and that's the kind of book I would like to read.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Someone might use him or foist him on someone else for the Kamandi Challenge.

e: Instead of it being Giffen using him, I'd like to see Giffen use the last page of his issue to suddenly set Gnort up as the ultimate answer to everyone's problems (without explanation) to trip up the next guy.

God drat am I excited for this thing again.
http://comicsalliance.com/dc-revives-dc-challenge-kamandi-the-last-boy-on-earth/

Kevin Eastman is gonna draw Tom King's Kamandi comic. That's wild.
I was not aware of this - w00t! I enjoyed the original DC Challenge quite a bit.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is the opposite for me, the lack not only of Hal (who has been sidelined from the league after the opening arc in the N52) and pre Flashpoint Superman essentially ursurping SuperBro's place (I can't simply believe that Bruce will accept this new Superman just like that) has killed all my interest on the rebirth JL

Man I did not think your taste in comic stuff was going to get even worse.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

I wish they would let whoever is doing the Sugar and Spike part of Legends of Tomorrow do a full comic with them. I'm not buying an $8 book for a small story I'm interested in among several others I'm not, but every time I see panels of it somewhere I get tempted. I saw one panel where they go to Superman Island and that's the kind of book I would like to read.
I'm almost certain when that anthology hits the trades, the stories will be properly split into their own separate trades because they all together make up 6-issue stories. It's a shame DC just doesn't have a market for these niche titles right now, as DCYou proved.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I really hope they reissue the original, or at least put it on Comixology.

e: Re: DC Challenge

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I have also just learned that Jill Thompson and Brian Azzarello were husband and wife. :monocle:

Further updates as events warrant.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is the new Kamandi Challenge going to be like the old one in that the creative team is going to purposely write something difficult for the next team to get out of? Because that's the best part of the DC Challenge concept. If it's just a regular story with different creative teams there's not really any fun in that.

lotus circle posted:

I'm almost certain when that anthology hits the trades, the stories will be properly split into their own separate trades because they all together make up 6-issue stories. It's a shame DC just doesn't have a market for these niche titles right now, as DCYou proved.

I hope so, I will instantly buy the trade based on only the few pages I've seen posted.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh lookie.
Liam Sharp Rucka WW pages:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/02/four-pages-from-wonder-woman-rebirth-by-liam-sharp-and-greg-rucka/

e: And we got Scooby Apocalypse #1 previewed.
http://www.newsarama.com/29083-shaggy-scooby-doo-step-out-in-scooby-apocalypse-1-preview.html

That's not too bad!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Trast posted:

Jessica Cruz is not from the Crime Syndicate Earth.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It's nice to know I could go back to hating your opinion so quickly.