Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There was already a whole thing about slugs in that chapter about snake bites. Kosuzu had a giant plush slug that she was praying too, she imagined her room covered in slugs, and some of the little incidental art in the omake for that volume that I just posted have her dressed up as a slug. My assumption was that Harukawa just found that really amusing.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

a cartoon duck posted:

Rinnosuke isn't exactly a fighter, even if his ability to extrapolate people to death is powerful.

Yeah, that's true, which is why SA would have been a better choice since he'd just be sitting somewhere else instead of actively fighting, unlike something like IN. I like The Boy and want to see him more.

But w/e it's not like any of Marisa's shot types in SA are any good, who plays as her anyway.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

There was already a whole thing about slugs in that chapter about snake bites. Kosuzu had a giant plush slug that she was praying too, she imagined her room covered in slugs, and some of the little incidental art in the omake for that volume that I just posted have her dressed up as a slug. My assumption was that Harukawa just found that really amusing.

Somehow I can't remember that part, what chapter was that again?

edit: Nevermind I found it, it's the first dine-and-dasher chapter, 22

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 28, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Yeah, that's true, which is why SA would have been a better choice since he'd just be sitting somewhere else instead of actively fighting, unlike something like IN. I like The Boy and want to see him more.

But w/e it's not like any of Marisa's shot types in SA are any good, who plays as her anyway.

I do because her dialogue is the funniest. Either you get her and Alice shooting the poo poo and comparing the whole thing to an rpg, Patchouli being the least helpful partner in existence and never even bothering to tell Marisa why she was told to go to hell, or Nitori being a huge loving rear end in a top hat and trying to convince Marisa to kidnap a bird so she can have nuclear power all to herself.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I do because her dialogue is the funniest. Either you get her and Alice shooting the poo poo and comparing the whole thing to an rpg, Patchouli being the least helpful partner in existence and never even bothering to tell Marisa why she was told to go to hell, or Nitori being a huge loving rear end in a top hat and trying to convince Marisa to kidnap a bird so she can have nuclear power all to herself.

Don't get me wrong, Marisa is by far the best touhou and her dynamic with other characters is always the best. I just wish she actually played the best too.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Rinnosuke should have been one of Marisa's partners in SA. That would've been cool.

It's not like her friendship with Nitori ever actually comes up so he probably would have been a better choice anyway.

Patchouli and Nitori are Marisa's alternate partners because they both have an idea what's going on and want to use Marisa to handle it.

Marisa being selectable at all is actually pretty silly; like MoF, the framing of the plot only really makes sense for Reimu to go. And Reimu A at that.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Isn't the pre-game setup for SA done primarily from Patchouli's perspective as she tries to get Marisa to do poo poo? How does it not make sense for her to be there?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BlitzBlast posted:

Patchouli and Nitori are Marisa's alternate partners because they both have an idea what's going on and want to use Marisa to handle it.

Marisa being selectable at all is actually pretty silly; like MoF, the framing of the plot only really makes sense for Reimu to go. And Reimu A at that.

Marisa hears Reimu's heading off to Youkai Mountain and decides to cut her off and solve the incident first. :v:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I did like the character moment where Satori notes that Marisa is willing to take Alice at her word and if she says the geyser is a problem, then it's a problem and Marisa will stop it despite not really getting why.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
What else are girlfriends for?

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Patchouli's shot type might have been good if there was a dedicated button for changing the formation, like how PoFV had three buttons you could use.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I did like the character moment where Satori notes that Marisa is willing to take Alice at her word and if she says the geyser is a problem, then it's a problem and Marisa will stop it despite not really getting why.

It's very rare for touhous to just unambiguously act like buddies (in the games at least), that it's pretty nice whenever it happens. It's one of the reasons I like IN and SA's writing the best because usually a few of the teams get a moment like that, in between them being jerks to each other. And also just because adding another character can spice up the conversations a bit as well.

I hope we get another of those sorts of games eventually. They're cool.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'd imagine ZUN doesn't do them very often because they're several times harder to write. Although he also did UFO where the dialog changed for different shot types for no discernible reason, so who can say what goes on in the mind of a ZUN.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 29, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Trihugger posted:

Isn't the pre-game setup for SA done primarily from Patchouli's perspective as she tries to get Marisa to do poo poo? How does it not make sense for her to be there?

quote:

Pache "Well, the humans aren't going to do anything. At this rate we'll lose our initiative; is that what you want?"

Yukari "Hm, that's true... I suppose I have no choice, I can't let you all just do whatever you want again."

Pache "What do you mean, again... ? In any case, will you do something? You seem to know something about the underground."

Yukari "No, I can't do anything. Only humans can go to the underground.
Besides, this might be a trap to draw us in."

Yukari promised only to send Reimu to investigate, with youkai staying behind to act in a support role.

You might be thinking of IN's Magic Team prologue.

Anyways you can sorta justify all the other routes (Yukari got lazy and had Suika take over, Aya requested to take over, Alice was worried and got Marisa to do this independently, Patchouli figured Yukari wouldn't do poo poo and asked Marisa, Nitori knows about Utsuho and got Marisa to go in) but the prologue is pretty explicit about it being Reimu. And probably Reimu A at that.

"Pache" might be the worst method of translating Patchouli's nickname I've seen yet.

Dr Pepper posted:

Marisa hears Reimu's heading off to Youkai Mountain and decides to cut her off and solve the incident first. :v:

The MoF prologue straight up has Reimu tell Marisa about Sanae visiting then her deciding to go invade Youkai Mountain. Marisa has to have gotten there really fast.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 29, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

"Pache" might be the worst method of translating Patchouli's nickname I've seen yet.

I always just want to call her Patch. I can totally imagine Remilia just saying "Hey Patch, check this out!" and Remilia's the only one who uses the nickname anyway.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
http://ssajies.tumblr.com/post/143499123716

who does this to themselves!?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

It gets even better. :livintrope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOp5BxZJqB4

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Once my keyboard broke and I tried doing that for a bit.

Not recommended

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

:shittypop:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That touhou card game, Danmaku!!, was released for purchase today.

http://danmaku.mysteryparfait.com/

I haven't tried it out but I was told by people that playtested it that it was good.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Card game looks interesting, but I feel like it would be difficult to gather enough people to play it (people who wouldn't look at you funny for owning this, anyway). I wonder how many sales they'll get.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
If it ends up like the other monster girl card game I voiced the trailer for, it's not even going to get off the ground.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well, it exists, so that's off the ground, sort of. I'm just wondering if it'll lose a ton of money and ruin everyone involved.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Why does this one bad fangame get so much???
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/726579173393883137

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Man that boxart is much better than the lovely one the original release got.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Apparently that card game has an official-ish Tabletop Simulator version to further discourage anyone from buying it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

WarpedNaba posted:

If it ends up like the other monster girl card game I voiced the trailer for, it's not even going to get off the ground.

What game?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
We played the card game on TTS

Trip report: Ryza is not to be trusted under any circumstances

otherwise the game was very good

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Golden Battler posted:

you had to resort to text to speech?

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Golden Battler posted:

The most powerful player in that game is someone who doesn't know how to play.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Golden Battler posted:

Would've been better if you hadn't crippled your own partner for no reason.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Clarste posted:

Would've been better if you hadn't crippled your own partner for no reason.

I was fooled by Ryza's powerful strategy of not knowing what he is doing.

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
I am the greatest wild card. No sides taken. No regrets. Just maximum chaos.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Great to see all the support for non-Japanese doujin!!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Takoluka posted:

What game?

Grimagia or Grismagia or something.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

WarpedNaba posted:

Grimagia or Grismagia or something.

I have that and have never played it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I looked up the trailer for that and it doesn't even have any voices. Did they cut you out of it? Or is there another trailer I was too lazy to look up?

Also, I feel like somewhere along the line someone missed a memo that "casual, easy to pick up and play" does not mix well with "appeals to extremely niche anime fetishes".

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Forbidden Scrollery 39. In which The Empire Aya Strikes Back.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I'm glad noted murderer vigilante Reimu got her comeuppance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

so like is this manga worth reading