Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Ummm Newman... why are you still going after you were on fire and spewing out oil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Kenseth loves to flip coming into 3 it seems.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
And it's time for a late restart like always.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
That was drat scary and Matt was pretty drat lucky

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god that commentary about the tooth fairy and the awkward laughter afterwards

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dislike button posted:

Oh my god that commentary about the tooth fairy and the awkward laughter afterwards

:dominic:

And Michael Waltrip with a Ricky Bobby ref.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
This is karma for last years 160 green flag laps to start the race isn't it

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

ayn rand hand job posted:

This is karma for last years 160 green flag laps to start the race isn't it

Yep we must destroy every car.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I saw a checker before the yellow this time

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

:captainpop:

That was a thing.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Everyone lived, Talladega took its revenge on Harvick for the bullshit from last fall, and A Good Driver won. I'm satisfied.

Even got some Busch Bullshit ®, so that was fun too.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Good race. Multiple cars flipped. I'm happy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

BMB5150 posted:

Kenseth loves to flip coming into 3 it seems.

On a related note, has anybody in NASCAR history found the inside wall on the backstretch of a plate track more often in history than Danica Patrick? That's at least the third time I can remember (Duel, July NXS race, today) and it's a scary hit every drat time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

So that was a fun race and I dug it. Weirdest part of the day was getting nailed in the stomach by a lugnut on one of the restarts while standing in the infield. I have no idea where it came from.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

kidcoelacanth posted:

So that was a fun race and I dug it. Weirdest part of the day was getting nailed in the stomach by a lugnut on one of the restarts while standing in the infield. I have no idea where it came from.

did you keep it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hell yeah I did

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

... So now you see he five lugnut rule is dangerous cause it could shoot more lugnuts at people.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I saw something today that blew my mind. I went to the ARCA Midwest race at Madison (gently caress Cup plate races) and they went all 100 laps of the Joe Shear Classic under green. Really, they did.

Also, Johnny Sauter finished 2nd after having to start at the rear of the 23 car field (another 10 laps and he would have won.). He would have started near the front, but after the race, he admitted to "not knowing the rules at this track" which stated he had to go through tech after finishing 3rd in his heat. He said "I already went through tech twice today, so why would I have to do it a third time?"

edit: almost forgot, for those here the winner was someone you may be familiar with

https://twitter.com/TyMajeski?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

theacox fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 2, 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

That loving guy beat me in Iracing once

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Possibly Chicken posted:

That loving guy beat me in Iracing once

I knew it

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CactusWeasle posted:

Take everyone's HANS device away and you'll eliminate most of the dumb race ending wrecks

Enshrine this post.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wasn't the reason we have the HANS device a dumb race-ending wreck?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

CactusWeasle posted:

Take everyone's HANS device away and you'll eliminate most of the dumb race ending wrecks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDZQIrAHHEc

This works as both a response and a description of your post :haw:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Slickdrac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDZQIrAHHEc

This works as both a response and a description of your post :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5d8w7Kh-bw

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CactusWeasle posted:

Take everyone's HANS device away and you'll eliminate most of the dumb race ending drivers

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/GMSRACINGLLC/videos/10153795997158138/

How did you guys manage that one?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
tell Clint I said he better not gently caress up the 14 next year

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
These are the kinds of people I deal with

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

even if this weren't dumb and bad i would still hate him for his bizarre insistence on saying "melee"

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

The amount of dumb I saw yesterday was astounding. I wonder if some of them can breathe.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
A death would be good for the sport. I want to be reminded of how dangerous auto racing is again. None of this pussy rear end poo poo where everyone walks away.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's gonna take a car in the stands to make any effective changes, I think

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

L_Harrison posted:

A death would be good for the sport. I want to be reminded of how dangerous auto racing is again. None of this pussy rear end poo poo where everyone walks away.

Doesnt seem to work for IndyCar

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

it's gonna take a car in the stands to make any effective changes, I think

CactusWeasle posted:

Doesnt seem to work for NASCAR

Dillon was close enough that it should have been cause for actual serious discussion about it.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Slickdrac posted:

Dillon was close enough that it should have been cause for actual serious discussion about it.

The front straight fence at Daytona was altered after the Larson crash in 2013(?) and the new grandstand was pushed further back during the renovation. So, things seemed to hold up in the Dillion accident

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

What the hell is going on in NASCAR Twitterland? Michael Waltrip called Pete Pistone out for being a "Chicago DJ" and Dave Goddamn Moody attempted a face-turn when he and Jim Noble both jumped him for it.

Then Jim Noble and Clint Bowyer's spotter got into it over the costs of the sport culminating with Noble telling him "Enjoy finishing 37th next week.", which is totally out of character for him. :stare:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 3, 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Calling it now nascar fining people for being mean on twitter.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's almost as if, now call me crazy if I go to far, racing at the pinnacle of the sport is expensive

you know what? gently caress that guy, now I'm praying for HSM to go out of business because gently caress whiny bitches that spend 7 figures a year on a loving glorified hobby and then cry about it, suck my dick from the back you mook

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
loving lol it's a NASCAR Twitter World War

• Locked thread