Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I've played Teemo a lot. His biggest weakness imo is that while he's able to bully early, he's not in a position to be able to trade very well and stay in lane.
To make up for that, I've tried Grasp of the Undying, and that really makes a huge difference.

Starting out, it's a 50/50 between Doran's blade and doran's ring, where you buy the other one if you're forced back with 400ish gold. Against melee, I've started buying boots3 and frozen mallet now, as mallet both makes you super sticky, able to take a punch without dying and increases your GotU damage.

I know Teemo is still considered a bad champion, but has anyone else tried the mallet approach on him recently?

What's the full build after Mallet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Swain is going to be really good on 6.9 and is flying under people's radars atm

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah, the swain changes are all small but pretty meaningful

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hextech Protobelt makes the bard main in me jingle with anticipation

gonna land the rudest binds

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

So far I've really dominated a Nasus with this build, and won lane enough to contribute to the wins against a bunch of others. The hardest matchups would be champions like Trundle, Xin, Jarvan and other champions with an easy gapcloser or way to keep you in place.

I once owned a nasus in lane, then he hit like lvl 6 and the first part of spirit visage and I couldn't do poo poo anymore. does mallet really do anything? like you're still doing no damage and he can just run at your with wither and q you twice for more than half your life. idk, that man just gets too much sustain so like teemo falls off hard if he hits 5 and you don't have a 2 level advantage.

also I'm bad at dealing with nasus. like grasp of the undying lets him trade pretty well after lvl 4 it seems with most tops.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

i still keep coming back to CDR on zhonyas/abyssal as the Biggest Deal out of all the mage-related changes, that's a buff to a lot of ap assassins and bruisers moreso than the mages

Abyssal is definitely nerfed relative to before. It is a ridiculous outlier in terms of gold-efficiency right now and the strongest first item rush against AP midlaners by far.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Leblanc is going to be a monster with protobelt unless they nerfed it

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh jesus, you're right.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah leblanc and diana especially can use that item far too well when they dash into melee range. they're probably going to be rebalanced with it in mind but the item wasn't really intended for assassins i dont think. they should make the fireballs originate offset from the centre of your champion so they don't all hit someone you're in melee range of.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
gonna enjoy that on akali a lot

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Any champion that benefits from enhanced mobility on a slot efficient item will use that item so basically every AP champion will buy it.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Some supports will buy it too for better engage. It's a loving dumb item, the solution to mobility creep is not even more mobility, it's to start gutting the damage of hypermobile champions.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Firebert posted:

Swain is going to be really good on 6.9 and is flying under people's radars atm

Radical posted:

yeah, the swain changes are all small but pretty meaningful

What actually changed about Swain? I figured he was going to be strong just due to the change to Catalyst/RoA.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

his passive mana and ult heal both got increased because of the preseason mana changes and wota removal, his Q is an aoe now that prioritizes targets with E on them and also lasts longer now and deals 100% bonus damage to creeps, the E gains the level 5 damage amp from level 1 now. pre-6 you can presumably use the q to clear waves (and i would imagine you don't want to max e over q now) so your 1-5 isn't as bad. his damage early game should overall be stronger and most of the new items are good on him.

e. i misremembered the ult changes, he summons 5 ravens instead of 3 but they heal for slightly less from creeps

Radical fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 2, 2016

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Radical posted:

his passive mana and ult heal both got increased because of the preseason mana changes and wota removal, his Q is an aoe now that prioritizes targets with E on them and also lasts longer now and deals 100% bonus damage to creeps, the E gains the level 5 damage amp from level 1 now. pre-6 you can presumably use the q to clear waves (and i would imagine you don't want to max e over q now) so your 1-5 isn't as bad. his damage early game should overall be stronger and most of the new items are good on him.

So they took away his early game weaknesses and compensated him for nerfs to items he doesn't build while changing his big core item to be even better for his play style? I'm all aboard the Swain train then.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
riot's problem is they create these items thinking to prop immobile champions up when compared to mobile ones, except there is nothing to stop these champions with mobility from using these items too, multiplying their power so that they're even further ahead in terms of power than they were before.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

swain with actual wave control is a disturbing thought

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
his autoattack will still suck though

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i played yasuo for the first time yesterday and his autoattack comes out so freaking fast, i was amazed and now understand why bad yasuo players still manage to outfarm me on the regular

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The real part of the Hextech belt that will be crazy, is the damage component on champs that already have a way of getting on you. On a full build, assuming you can hit all (or even most) of the procs, it does like 400 - 500 damage. On champions that already have ways of getting into melee range (and thus landing all the bolts), like Diana or Akali, that's a high amount of damage, not even counting the additional utility.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

seizure later posted:

riot's problem is they create these items thinking to prop immobile champions up when compared to mobile ones, except there is nothing to stop these champions with mobility from using these items too, multiplying their power so that they're even further ahead in terms of power than they were before.

riot always end up solving the opposite of whatever problem they were trying to fix. dfg was apparently supposed to help mages kill tanks (???) but instead it just meant that matt leblanc could qr you

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I miss W - DFQ - Q - R Lebonk combos killing squishies without having to land E. Back then I could actually kill people with her, despite my severe disabilities.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Zmej posted:

I once owned a nasus in lane, then he hit like lvl 6 and the first part of spirit visage and I couldn't do poo poo anymore. does mallet really do anything? like you're still doing no damage and he can just run at your with wither and q you twice for more than half your life. idk, that man just gets too much sustain so like teemo falls off hard if he hits 5 and you don't have a 2 level advantage.

also I'm bad at dealing with nasus. like grasp of the undying lets him trade pretty well after lvl 4 it seems with most tops.

With boots3, his W and mallet, Nasus will never be in range for Q. Mallet means your damage output is like 50/50 physical/magic, so it's hard to itemize against. If you auto him once, you will always get off 4-5 autos and 1-2 GotU proccs, due to being so sticky, so he will never be able to sustain through it.

Aerox posted:

What's the full build after Mallet?
Boots3, rageblade, liandrys.
Mallet will be finished before the laning phase is over, assuming you know how to CS. Rageblade turns you into a splitpushing menace, while liandrys increases makes your mushrooms actually hurt instead of just acting as slowing wards.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

slydingdoor posted:

It's a Vayne tumble with three quarters of an Ahri W at the end. Because Riot design goals vs results usually don't quite match up I'm gonna bet against them and say Rocket Belt becomes an item that buffs "dive/initiate harder" champs more than "initiate without flash" champs who will still suck and need an instant, wall jumping blink to accomplish anything. I bet it will be built on the likes of Ahri Akali Fiddlesticks Diana Katarina Leblanc and any other already mobile "get-in" AP assassin I forgot or appears because of reworks or is released.

...Blitz Ekko Elise Eve Fizz Gragas Kassadin Kennen Lissandra Nautilus Nidalee Zac and YOU.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/50043186#matches

this guy mains teemo at high elo and seems to usually go corruption potion and buy swifties and / or defensive stats on his first back. you can find watch his stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/ipav999

Personally i'm trying to watch the master tier mordekaiser guy get a real game, every time i try to watch he is in queue or the other team has opened mid

slydingdoor posted:

It's a Vayne tumble with three quarters of an Ahri W at the end. Because Riot design goals vs results usually don't quite match up I'm gonna bet against them and say Rocket Belt becomes an item that buffs "dive/initiate harder" champs more than "initiate without flash" champs who will still suck and need an instant, wall jumping blink to accomplish anything. I bet it will be built on the likes of Ahri Akali Fiddlesticks Diana Katarina Leblanc and any other already mobile "get-in" AP assassin I forgot or appears because of reworks or is released.

qtpie built the dash blaster on PBE and realized it acts like the old shotgun ashe volley. it also scales off your max AP, so it's broken as gently caress if it goes to live that way

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Alright this tidal wave of lunatic draven mains that freak the gently caress out when they die and tilt off the face of the earth's getting super old

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
not draven. draven draven

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I have no idea how that contributes anything whatsoever other than you typing the word draven three times and throw a not in front of it

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Zmej posted:

does mallet really do anything?

the age old question - asked since beta - finally answered: no

So far I've really dominated a Nasus with this build

i wish there were other ways to counter nasus in lane, but alas

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Gibberish posted:

Of course it still exists, but in general once you get to mid-ish Platinum you'll probably find that people know how to close out games more often than not. I'd say that the number of times a team in Gold throws is like 30% of the time. Diamond 5 it's like 1% of the time.

how do you define throwing in this case? just losing a lead? and at any rate, its almost certainly way higher than 1% unless you mean a comeback from something like a triple inhib + baron

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Servaetes posted:

Alright this tidal wave of lunatic draven mains that freak the gently caress out when they die and tilt off the face of the earth's getting super old

tyler1 is a cool and funny dude!!!!!!

:fuckoff:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Verviticus posted:

the age old question - asked since beta - finally answered: no

i wish there were other ways to counter nasus in lane, but alas

This is a good post. Thanks for contributing to our Teemo discussion.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

some guy said something about tyler1 and i said i didnt know who he was and then the guy got mad at me. i still dont know who tyler1 is and i think im gonna continue not knowing no matter how many people try to tell me

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Servaetes posted:

Draven is the new Vayne. Just replace "tumble into enemy team" with "Stand still trying to stack axes"

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

This is a good post. Thanks for contributing to our Teemo discussion.

you're welcome. i love to contribute to teemo discussion. here's more: grasp is good, corrupting is good, ap is good, play a thousand games of him and you too can win 51% of your games like all the teemo superstars

RealFoxy posted:

Draven is the new Vayne. Just replace "tumble into enemy team" with "Stand still trying to stack axes"

i maintain that seeing a draven panic and blow merc, ghostblade and his w to escape at 99999999999 speed, axes twirling away is the funniest thing ive seen in league of legends

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Verviticus posted:

you're welcome. i love to contribute to teemo discussion. here's more: grasp is good, corrupting is good, ap is good, play a thousand games of him and you too can win 51% of your games like all the teemo superstars

None has denied that Teemo is a bad champion. What we were discussing were how to make a champion work despite not being the MLG pro choice. I assume discussing less played champions is allowed, judging by the Urgot fanfictions from previous threads.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

im the teemo police. teemo discussion not allowed

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
on a scale of one to teemo, how many teemos do you go through before you find a teemo that delays his inevitable loss by more than 10 minutes

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Lol. Anyway, I'm enjoying playing Teemo again, and even if he's not an optimal choice in any games, he's still the champion with the most character in the game, and I enjoy salty top lane tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

None has denied that Teemo is a bad champion. What we were discussing were how to make a champion work despite not being the MLG pro choice. I assume discussing less played champions is allowed, judging by the Urgot fanfictions from previous threads.

Split push and buy liandry's. Get good at kiting. Pick a god and pray that you dont lane against a real top laner who knows how to play.

that's pretty much it

• Locked thread