Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Majorian posted:

According to that same polling firm, Mitt Romney also won in 2012! Rejoice, Rasmussen fans!

We're going to have fun with your lovely Wall Street candidate in the general!;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
First you get the money, then you get the condos, then you get the mashed potatoes!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

but i mean for real tho, look at this poo poo

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html#polls

2 1000LV polls in the last week, one has Clinton +11 which is in line with the previous 48 polls, and one has Clinton -2, which is unprecedented

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Immortan posted:

We're going to have fun with your lovely Wall Street candidate in the general!;)

"My" lovely Wall Street candidate? How is she my candidate?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Epic High Five posted:

Oh man now Rasmussen is back and being pushed as legitimate. What was once old is now new

That poll somehow found that Trump only had 10% worse numbers among all minorities than Clinton. Who the gently caress does Rasmussen poll?

THE CIRCLE IS UNBROKEN

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Majorian posted:

She always has been. Shameful.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Have a cousin who works for his campaign who is all in for Cruz. Socially he is against abortion even in case of mothers life, anti any LGBT rights (discrimination, adoption, etc), wants every state to end SNAP programs and unions. Loves Steven Crowder and Matt Walsh

We haven't spoken in 12 years

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Not a Step posted:

Folded pizza, crust first, with a fork.

Buy a calzone, heathen!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Majorian posted:

When Hillary Clinton beheaded Vince Foster I was the Pegasus that sprang from the pool of blood

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Have a cousin who works for his campaign who is all in for Cruz. Socially he is against abortion even in case of mothers life, anti any LGBT rights (discrimination, adoption, etc), wants every state to end SNAP programs and unions. Loves Steven Crowder and Matt Walsh

This is a good thing.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Immortan posted:

She always has been. Shameful.

:lol: I've been pretty open that I'm voting 3rd party, since CA is a safe state.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Plot twist: Ted Cruz isn't the Zodiac killer, but the Zodiac killings were what summoned him

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He she the Megyn Kelly kind of social conservative in that she is very liberal when it comes to things very specific to her and her alone, or is she a True Believer who would die just to deliver a baby with no hope of surviving itself?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/status/727274851900248066

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Oh man now Rasmussen is back and being pushed as legitimate. What was once old is now new

That poll somehow found that Trump only had 10% worse numbers among all minorities than Clinton. Who the gently caress does Rasmussen poll?

If memory serves, Rasmussen was consistently off by 4% on average in the 2012 race, always in Romney's favor.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Cruz is obviously planting those people to garner sympathy.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Buckle the gently caress up because tomorrow is going to own.

I'm bout to get buck(led) in here!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Plot twist: Ted Cruz isn't the Zodiac killer, but the Zodiac killings were what summoned him

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

My hero

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it's you now cruz

you're jeb! now

dehumanize yourself and face to the jeb

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hoosiers can be some real assholes, now you know why all the pollsters grumble so much about calling Indiana if you chat them up

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The longer I looked, the more the thing fascinated me; and in this fascination there was a curiously disturbing element hardly to be classified or accounted for. At first I decided that it was the queer other-worldly quality of the art which made me uneasy. All other art objects I had ever seen either belonged to some known racial or national stream, or else were consciously modernistic defiances of every recognised stream. This tiara was neither. It clearly belonged to some settled technique of infinite maturity and perfection, yet that technique was utterly remote from any—Eastern or Western, ancient or modern—which I had ever heard of or seen exemplified. It was as if the workmanship were that of another planet.

However, I soon saw that my uneasiness had a second and perhaps equally potent source residing in the pictorial and mathematical suggestions of the strange designs. The patterns all hinted of remote secrets and unimaginable abysses in time and space, and the monotonously aquatic nature of the reliefs became almost sinister. Among these reliefs were fabulous monsters of abhorrent grotesqueness and malignity—half ichthyic and half batrachian in suggestion—which one could not dissociate from a certain haunting and uncomfortable sense of pseudo-memory, as if they called up some image from deep cells and tissues whose retentive functions are wholly primal and awesomely ancestral. At times I fancied that every contour of these blasphemous fish-frogs was overflowing with the ultimate quintessence of unknown and inhuman evil.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I'll take an order of mashed potatoes and two condos to go, please.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
“When it come to matin’ with them toad-lookin’ fishes, the Kanakys kind o’ balked, but finally they larnt something as put a new face on the matter. Seems that human folks has got a kind o’ relation to sech water-beasts—that everything alive come aout o’ the water onct, an’ only needs a little change to go back agin. Them things told the Kanakys that ef they mixed bloods there’d be children as ud look human at fust, but later turn more’n more like the things, till finally they’d take to the water an’ jine the main lot o’ things daown thar. An’ this is the important part, young feller—them as turned into fish things an’ went into the water wouldn’t never die. Them things never died excep’ they was kilt violent."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Joementum posted:

The longer I looked, the more the thing fascinated me; and in this fascination there was a curiously disturbing element hardly to be classified or accounted for. At first I decided that it was the queer other-worldly quality of the art which made me uneasy. All other art objects I had ever seen either belonged to some known racial or national stream, or else were consciously modernistic defiances of every recognised stream. This tiara was neither. It clearly belonged to some settled technique of infinite maturity and perfection, yet that technique was utterly remote from any—Eastern or Western, ancient or modern—which I had ever heard of or seen exemplified. It was as if the workmanship were that of another planet.

However, I soon saw that my uneasiness had a second and perhaps equally potent source residing in the pictorial and mathematical suggestions of the strange designs. The patterns all hinted of remote secrets and unimaginable abysses in time and space, and the monotonously aquatic nature of the reliefs became almost sinister. Among these reliefs were fabulous monsters of abhorrent grotesqueness and malignity—half ichthyic and half batrachian in suggestion—which one could not dissociate from a certain haunting and uncomfortable sense of pseudo-memory, as if they called up some image from deep cells and tissues whose retentive functions are wholly primal and awesomely ancestral. At times I fancied that every contour of these blasphemous fish-frogs was overflowing with the ultimate quintessence of unknown and inhuman evil.

I have a feeling Ted Cruz has a similar feeling towards black people as Lovecraft did, so this checks out.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 18, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Immortan posted:

This is a good thing.

Absafuckinlutely

Epic High Five posted:

He she the Megyn Kelly kind of social conservative in that she is very liberal when it comes to things very specific to her and her alone, or is she a True Believer who would die just to deliver a baby with no hope of surviving itself?

Oh he believes if it's life of the mother, the lord will protect his wife and the baby.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It was then that the most horrible impression of all was borne in upon me—the impression which destroyed my last vestige of self-control and set me running frantically southward past the yawning black doorways and fishily staring windows of that deserted nightmare street. For at a closer glance I saw that the moonlit waters between the reef and the shore were far from empty. They were alive with a teeming horde of shapes swimming inward toward the town; and even at my vast distance and in my single moment of perception I could tell that the bobbing heads and flailing arms were alien and aberrant in a way scarcely to be expressed or consciously formulated.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Absafuckinlutely

Oh he believes if it's life of the mother, the lord will protect his wife and the baby.

Oh lol it's a dude cousin, yeah I have zero doubt that he'd let them both die to please God

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Ted Cruz getting heckled on the most crucial day of the election is a gift the likes of which we're not likely to receive again. An american citizen gave a senator the 'too slow'.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Joementum posted:

So we're at the point now where Ted Cruz is a "career politician" and a RINO.

*extremely cheesy villain voice*

Good. Goooooooooooooooooooood. :kheldragar:

Does this mean in 2020 we can expect to see another round if "If only we'd run a REAL CONSERVATIVE BAHGAWD"

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Absafuckinlutely

After Cruz gets curb-stomped in Indiana tomorrow he'll be experiencing symptoms reminiscent of that girl's at the end of The Conjuring.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
And yet I saw them in a limitless stream—flopping, hopping, croaking, bleating—surging inhumanly through the spectral moonlight in a grotesque, malignant saraband of fantastic nightmare. And some of them had tall tiaras of that nameless whitish-gold metal . . . and some were strangely robed . . . and one, who led the way, was clad in a ghoulishly humped black coat and striped trousers, and had a man’s felt hat perched on the shapeless thing that answered for a head. . . .

I think their predominant colour was a greyish-green, though they had white bellies. They were mostly shiny and slippery, but the ridges of their backs were scaly. Their forms vaguely suggested the anthropoid, while their heads were the heads of fish, with prodigious bulging eyes that never closed. At the sides of their necks were palpitating gills, and their long paws were webbed. They hopped irregularly, sometimes on two legs and sometimes on four. I was somehow glad that they had no more than four limbs. Their croaking, baying voices, clearly used for articulate speech, held all the dark shades of expression which their staring faces lacked.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

1. Good luck with running attack ads against Teflon-Don
2. They're scared

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I'm imagining a story which is like Omen/Rosemary's Baby sequel, except the Antichrist figure is humiliated and surpassed by a human who is just that much more awful.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

tazjin posted:

1. Good luck with running attack ads against Teflon-Don
2. They're scared

20 million dollars is one fifth the money that Jeb Bush had, so they must be pretty confident

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

20 million for attack ads for the general is loving nothing

they're probably saving so much money by not running ads at all, just unedited footage of the man himself talking

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Pretty sure the GOP primary has shown that not attacking Trump early and often is a failed strategy.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Ted Cruz is a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

radical meme posted:

I firmly believe that slimy little shitbird is seriously considering a delegate coup on the first vote.

uh, no poo poo.

• Locked thread