Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Peachstapler posted:

Ted Cruz is a piece of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/727181192856899585

Even Ann loving Coulter thinks Cruz is the devil. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

This immediately becomes one of my all-time favorite Tweets. It's up there with Trump's best.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/727199669470654465

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

I hope you Americans protect your Troop from KILLARY.
Suck it the gently caress up jackass, you were the one who signed up to be a Marine.

If you're not special forces then there's no problem, you won't be doing any real fighting.

If you are special forces, at worst you'll be calling in airstrikes for our new (or not-so-new) buddies in Iraq/Syria.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

please tell me there's a video of this

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Does this mean in 2020 we can expect to see another round if "If only we'd run a REAL CONSERVATIVE BAHGAWD"

Nah more like "if only we'd run a REAL PROGRESSIVE YA ESTABLISHMENT CROOKS"

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Cruz will finally drop out of the race tomorrow, citing a brutal wedgie and an inability to stop hitting himself.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

fade5 posted:

Suck it the gently caress up jackass, you were the one who signed up to be a Marine.

If you're not special forces then there's no problem, you won't be doing any real fighting.

If you are special forces, at worst you'll be calling in airstrikes for our new (or not-so-new) buddies in Iraq/Syria.

It's great how Hillary can make so many liberals argue in favor of her neocon bullshit (like you).

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Immortan posted:

It's great how Hillary can make so many liberals argue in favor of her neocon bullshit (like you).

When liberals shrugged off a drone strike on a DWB hospital because OBAMA I knew we were beyond the pale.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Immortan posted:

there isn't and should not be an inherit isolationist stance for liberals

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Oiled and Ready posted:

When liberals shrugged off a drone strike on a DWB hospital because OBAMA I knew we were beyond the pale.

Which liberals did this?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

"Even I"

:laugh:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Oiled and Ready posted:

drone strikes, under both the Obama and preceding Bush administrations, have being one of the best tools in American foreign policy and in all likelihood would be continued by both president Trump and president Clinton

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump's vocabulary and penchant for coining terms continues to be my favorite part of this election.

https://twitter.com/Philip_Elliott/status/727288140562571265

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Peachstapler posted:

Ted Cruz is a piece of poo poo.

Can a poo poo be wasteful? Because Lyin' "poo poo" Ted is a waste.

Immortan posted:

He's not arguing in favor of it really, just sort of stating the facts :shrug:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

Which liberals did this?

Typo posted:

drone strikes, under both the Obama and preceding Bush administrations, have being one of the best tools in American foreign policy and in all likelihood would be continued by both president Trump and president Clinton

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Typo posted:

Oh gently caress are we going to become a proper republic and elect a pair of Consuls?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Typo posted:

Sanders as well

The only candidate running who would ramp down drone strikes at all is Cruz because he has....other plans. Bigger ideas

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Typo posted:

Targeting hospitals is cool and good and not a war crime, but THE TERRORISTS' FAMILIES? You monster!!!!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Point of order: the DWB hospital was hit by an AC-130, not a drone strike.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Thump! posted:

Oh gently caress are we going to become a proper republic and elect a pair of Consuls?

Trump is Crassus
Sanders is Pompey
Clinton is Caesar

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Typo posted:

there isn't and should not be an inherit isolationist stance for liberals

If you guys want to spread Social Justice to the Saudi peninsula, I won't stand in your way.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

blue squares posted:

uh, no poo poo.

According to this faithless delegates aren't possible without a rule change, and changing the rules would be a pretty big tipoff.

Relevant section

quote:

The Republican National Committee has a bylaw that preempts the impact of faithless delegates. Rule 16(a)(2) of the party’s convention rulebook states that “the Secretary of the Convention shall faithfully announce and record each delegate’s vote in accordance with the delegate’s obligation under these rules, state law or party law” (emphasis mine). Because a faithless delegate is by definition breaking the rules, this means their rogue vote won’t count. The tally will instead show that they voted for the candidate they were required to vote for — even though they didn’t — and things will proceed as normal.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Slate Action posted:

Pretty sure the GOP primary has shown that not attacking Trump early and often is a failed strategy.

They couldn't attack him. What were they going to say - illegals aren't here to steal your jobs, that's just fear mongering! Muslims aren't plotting to destroy America with Sharia law, that's ludicrous!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

mike12345 posted:

I ate mashed potatoes today. Maybe I should buy a house? Questions.

If you put butter on your mashed potatoes should you buy a deck?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

Targeting hospitals is cool and good and not a war crime, but THE TERRORISTS' FAMILIES? You monster!!!!

They could and should have held their fire and the points along the chain of command that allowed the hospital to get hit should be disciplined.

That's still leagues away from deliberately targeting families as a policy (which people would presumably be rewarded for following,) Kim Jong Oiled-and-Ready.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also it wasn't a drone strike on the MSF hospital ya know-nothings

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Oiled and Ready posted:

Drones have killed a relatively small number of civilians throughout its operative history, in exchange for eliminating key elements of Al-Qaeda at little to no risk to American lives. Should we abolish drones, we would be using airstrikes by F-16s or cruise missiles which would kill a far larger number of people in order to cut the head of ISIS.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Typo posted:

Trump is Crassus
Sanders is Pompey
Clinton is Caesar

For months now my #1 desire has been Sanders and Trump as consuls, so this checks out because Hillary would definitely gently caress that poo poo up

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Typo posted:

Trump is Crassus
Sanders is Pompey
Clinton is Caesar

Milo is Octavian.

based gaddis
Jul 4, 2012
Add 100 cans of Chunky soup, and baby, you've got a shepherd's pie going

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Also it wasn't a drone strike on the MSF hospital ya know-nothings

Ugh if i Googled everything to make sure before I posted I'd never be able to keep up with this thread

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Oiled and Ready posted:

For months now my #1 desire has been Sanders and Trump as consuls, so this checks out because Hillary would definitely gently caress that poo poo up

oh man you should really watch this btw one of the best series on the history channel and best use of rome:total war:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKojtyjPKWM

Typo fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 3, 2016

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Maoist Pussy posted:

Milo is Octavian.

who the gently caress is milo

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Frankly, if you support Donald Trump, you should be cheering that the hospital was razed in case there were any Muslims in there, not trying to concern troll the rest of us about it. It is his stated intention to commit more war crimes.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

Actually I bet we're gonna be even worse and just have dual emperorship or something. New York gets to be Constantinople and DC and the South just burns to the ground.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Typo posted:

who the gently caress is milo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Ted Cruz getting heckled on the most crucial day of the election is a gift the likes of which we're not likely to receive again. An american citizen gave a senator the 'too slow'.

Every day is a priceless gift, and God is love, friend. Tomorrow won't be good for Ted either :buddy:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The Jack Van Impe for the Millennial generation. FWLIW, He's more entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oiled and Ready posted:

Dronechat notwithstanding, every open liberal I know in meatspace who opined on the topic was, at worst, "either the targeting protocols need to be reformed, or they worked fine and this decision was goddamn awful". I, btw, was one of those worst. :v:

Relatedly: what do you think President Trump's decision about a hospital treating Taliban aligned fighters would be in the same circumstance? Do you think it would be more restrained?

• Locked thread