Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
All I want to know is will COD Points be in IW and when can I start buying them in bulk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone playing tonight

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!
I can't wait for the captain pierce and soap fan art!

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
I'm playing Overwatch beta tonight, I won't be on

Also sorry to the guys I bailed on last night, I wasn't feeling well.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stux posted:

"in the future"

Electricity, Oil, and water are still cheaper. Give it another Republican presidency.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Son of a bitch, I could've sworn I hit Edit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't notice any jumpy poo poo, so I'm assuming this one is boots on the ground despite it being the furthest game in the future yet.

Also, there's no Extinction.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I think I'll just keep playing Black Ops 3. Maybe I'll get Dark Matter!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I'll just wait on goon consensus for IW and probably get it 6 months later just like I did with blops3. Sucks that 4 won't be sold separate and I'm sure the ebay prices for codes will be absurd

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also, man, is it just me or is Infinity Ward seriously obsessed with the "WE GOT INVADED :gonk:" storyline? It's like 'cause MW2 used it and they so desperately want to be Old Infinity Ward, they gotta basically do the exact same story over and over again with mildly different hats.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

VJeff posted:

I didn't notice any jumpy poo poo, so I'm assuming this one is boots on the ground despite it being the furthest game in the future yet.
some npcs had boost jump jetpacks early on in the trailer

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I can't believe Call of Duty's going to space. It's just like one of my Japanese animes.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

VJeff posted:

Also, man, is it just me or is Infinity Ward seriously obsessed with the "WE GOT INVADED :gonk:" storyline? It's like 'cause MW2 used it and they so desperately want to be Old Infinity Ward, they gotta basically do the exact same story over and over again with mildly different hats.

friendly reminder that zombies/alien/invasion stories can stem from inherent xenophobia and/or racism

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

friendly reminder that zombies/alien/invasion stories can stem from inherent xenophobia and/or racism

friendly reminder that the aliens in extinction were actually pre-dinosaur earthlings and WE were the real aliens.

Also that girl was a qt if you ignore the obvious kerrigan copy/paste.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

VJeff posted:

Standard right wing delusions of victimization; America never invades, it can only be invaded.

Then add in the contradictory idea that "the invaders can never win", because of The American Will To Freedom™.

Oh, and before anyone brings it up, Iraq 2 wasn't an invasion *inserts standard RWM talking points about WMDs/Liberation from Saddam/Helping Kurds/etc.- It was a necessary war of National defense* :colbert:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 3, 2016

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Cardboard Box A posted:

Better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mEFqxOxBzk

Traditional COD is WWII.

If you mean another MODERN WARFARE COD, those will only be remasters from now on. MW2, MW3, BLOPS1 - Activision's riding this gravy train as long as they can.

Until the inevitable TIME TRAVEL COD that this title will lay the groundwork for, of course.

I meant Modern Warfare. I just want to shoot with regular guns again

And also, I get the feeling from watching the trailer of the dogfight in space that they're trying to make another "moment" like the AC-130 mission. Speaking of, what's your guys' favourite COD moment?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The bit in Black Ops 2 where you're an undercover agent and you have to choose whether or not to shoot your ally to maintain your cover.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

iLikeMidgets posted:

Speaking of, what's your guys' favourite COD moment?

The E3 livestream gameplay of Call of Duty 4- the moment Price's CO rises up from the grass in a ghillie suit out of nowhere.

That's when I knew; I had to have that game.
The entire mission is still one of my favourites ever.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 3, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The one where you play an innocent family in Paris that gets brutally killed by a chemical attack.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The one where you play an innocent family in Paris that gets brutally killed by a chemical attack.

Had to be an American family though 'cause pfft who cares about Euros.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

iLikeMidgets posted:

https://youtu.be/GLD9yZ2raok

Oh and this one

https://youtu.be/uX73En5KHUQ

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The one where you play an innocent family in Paris that gets brutally killed by a chemical attack. had to press X to bark

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

iLikeMidgets posted:

Definitely when I capped A and got 15 points.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My other favorite moment was editing the kill streaks using notepad and making it so care packages always dropped nukes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOo2MPG61e8

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Bring back the suicide Javelin, and Care Package duping glitches.

Also, the ability to kill your teammates in core by shooting barrels.

:sigh:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

wait wasn't that the UK

and it was some American family running around doing silly tourist stuff even though their home country was a smoking ruin being invaded by russians

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

iLikeMidgets posted:

No Russian. Best mission ever.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

iLikeMidgets posted:

When Slayer##### and somebody else had a hissyfit in some old thread on my birthday. Or when some idiot was speculating about the meaning of some masks before Ghosts(?).

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Fibby Boy posted:

No Russian. Best mission ever.

Yes. That was the only time ever I've played video games and thought oh poo poo, this doesn't seem right.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

iLikeMidgets posted:

Yes. That was the only time ever I've played video games and thought oh poo poo, this doesn't seem right.

My only thought during that mission was "This is hilarious and I don't want it to stop."

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Fibby Boy posted:

My only thought during that mission was "This is hilarious and I don't want it to stop."

My thought was to throw concussion grenades to slow them down as they tried to flee

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think my favourite CoD story part was when one of the main characters got nuked because I totally wasn't expecting it after an hour or so of him gunghoing through everything.

Favourite mission was the MW ghillie suit one. Also whatever one had the ice base mission that was essentially the exact same thing but creeping around in a blizzard.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I guess my favorites were the mission where Al-Asad's men/Russian Ultranationalists raided the spot Price and Co killed Al-Asad, leading to a clusterfuck to the LZ, including a Minigun segment, and then The Sins of The Father. Also Mile High Club because it was an actually interesting premise for a level. Game Over, too. That was pretty fun.

Alternatively, the entirety of Modern Warfare 1 with A Bad Year, Infinite Ammo, and/or Cluster Bombs. Bonus points for A Bad Year because it also worked on scripted kills.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

What did 'A Bad Year' do again?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
It turns everyone into tires.

Don't expect it in the remake though :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kTCBpQijBo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would buy this version.

Reminder that this is still the best trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KytDlgEzvro
I like this one.

Supersonic Shine posted:

I can't believe Call of Duty's going to space. It's just like one of my Japanese animes.
Oh man, this shows that the IW reveal trailer from the space part on is about a minute and a half long, there are SO MANY anime songs you can overdub it with...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, Space Brothers comes immediately to mind.

Also, Danger Zone and the Manson cover of Sweet Dreams work perfectly; early crescendos where that anime dubbed version ends.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 07:45 on May 3, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
God dammit gently caress locus bloodthirsies

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If you're bad with a sniper you're bad.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Macys posted:

What did 'A Bad Year' do again?

Every person that dies blows up into about a couple tires.

This includes scripted deaths, like this. Pardon the sudden edit, this guy sucked at editing back then.

I just wish there was a "A Bad Year For Bad Guys" montage where the main bad guys blew up.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mister Macys posted:

Yeah, Space Brothers comes immediately to mind.

Also, Danger Zone and the Manson cover of Sweet Dreams work perfectly; early crescendos where that anime dubbed version ends.
I picked anime with takeoff sounds in the beginning, let me know which one you think is better:

Gundam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6FF9dGPdB8

Yamato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXycuLOmH9s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Goddammit Infinity Ward, I'm actually interested in the singleplayer for once. :argh:

I haven't finished a COD campaign since MW2.

• Locked thread