Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I hate having a teemo on my team because I like tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

what are people even playing top lane right now (assuming ekko is banne'd)(

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
and for fuckssake dont stand still and auto a melee champion in melee range because you blinded them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tales of Woe posted:

Maokai

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Tales of Woe posted:

Right now Maokai, Darius and Irelia are the most played top laners, while Ekko, Malphite and Graves are the most banned.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Tales of Woe posted:

the cross-section of pro + good soloq lands on poppy, nautilus, maokai in no real order. soloq good: malphite, pantheon, sion and kayle, maybe quinn/graves, pro tier: gragas, trundle

darius requires you to like playing tanks with none of the laning safety of all the current tanks, irelia means you have to be very, very loving careful. still run grasp on almost everyone because, shock!!! true damage health exchange every 4 seconds makes it very hard to kill characters that you need 30 seconds to kill

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
You are all very rudely laughing at Teemo but you know deep in your heart that we'd have a Support Teemo player in the LCS if Riot didn't flag people for losses.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

irelia makes not a lot of sense to me to be honest, she's an anti ryze/quinn/graves machine but isn't especially effective against most of the current popular tanks (except maybe maokai?). i feel like a streamer made her popular again

oh, ryze. gently caress that dude

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Poppy is overnerfed garbage don't pick her top. Maokai Malphite Sion and Trundle I think are the best toplane tanks at the moment, it's really hard to beat any and there seems to be a real lack of strong initiation and/or tankiness in most teamcomps otherwise.

I think Maokai is probably one of the strongest champions in the game right now because everyone else got nerfed to poo poo while he got buffed, and mages are gonna be super strong next patch which is what Maokai likes playing against the most

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

poppy is still good, her kill pressure is just lower than it used to be

she can, properly executed, straight up win a teamfight by removing 2-3 people. its loving insane

edit: but yes, maokai is bullshit

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 3, 2016

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Aerox posted:

You are all very rudely laughing at Teemo but you know deep in your heart that we'd have a Support Teemo player in the LCS if Riot didn't flag people for losses.

I've seen support teemo in a few games recently and invariable the game goes like this:

1) My ADC freaks out that we're playing against a support Teemo

B) I buy a pink ward and discover that the Teemo player has no idea what the gently caress a pink ward does.

After that, we win lane and probably win game because Support Teemo is bad and I don't know why everybody freaks the gently caress out about having a teemo in their lane.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Verviticus posted:

irelia makes not a lot of sense to me to be honest, she's an anti ryze/quinn/graves machine but isn't especially effective against most of the current popular tanks (except maybe maokai?). i feel like a streamer made her popular again

oh, ryze. gently caress that dude

yeah i main irelia but i'm looking for other options so that i don't have to lane her vs darius every game where i pick first

i definitely am incapable of playing ryze since his rework. maokai isn't banned in low elo so that might be a good one

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Top lane bruiser Fizz still works too, I guess?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
sion is cool but he's better in jungle where he's free to ult the bottom lane on cooldown until his team wins

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Gibberish posted:

Gowby are you ready for 6.9 bruh?

Heck yes I just bought the Egyptian skin too!!!!!

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Assuming the patch really does drop Wednesday, I'd wait to see what the meta shifts are before picking up any new champs.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Tales of Woe posted:

yeah i main irelia but i'm looking for other options so that i don't have to lane her vs darius every game where i pick first

i definitely am incapable of playing ryze since his rework. maokai isn't banned in low elo so that might be a good one

Does Darry beat Irlea? I renember having a lot of trouble on the axe man side

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

One last Rageblade Tryndamere game before the nerfs. Gonna miss it a lot.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Darth Windu posted:

Does Darry beat Irlea? I renember having a lot of trouble on the axe man side

Darius should own Irelia because she has no tools to not die to him and will never win the straight up 1v1.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'd imagine slapfight champions would struggle pretty fiercely with Darius, especially if they allow him to bop them 5 times.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
What is good against Darius? I just got dumpsted by one using Mundo. I struggle to see what even works against him.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

What is good against Darius? I just got dumpsted by one using Mundo. I struggle to see what even works against him.

Teemo and Yorick.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

Trundle, Quinn, Graves

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

Urgot

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Legit can't wait to see a reworked and/or updated Mundo.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Delete Mundo

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Fun fact: Mundo means world. Jesus is my "Mundo"

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Killed By Death posted:

Trundle, Quinn, Graves

..trundle?

pantheon is good. graves can win. otherwise thats his job, he lane bullies

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Trundle can't 1v1 Darius but should never die barring some outplay, has better gank assistance (not that ganking Darius is hard), and is much more relevant late game. He's a tank that you can play into a character that is designed to poo poo on tanks.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Killed By Death posted:

Trundle can't 1v1 Darius but should never die barring some outplay, has better gank assistance (not that ganking Darius is hard), and is much more relevant late game. He's a tank that you can play into a character that is designed to poo poo on tanks.

If neither champ has a good hard CC, ganking darius can be really annoying if he has phage. If he gets a gap and you can't close it, you are just going to eat Qs and watch him run circles around you with the buff + never kill him through his heal. Trundles pillar if used well is excellent against darius.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
In most 2v1 ganks 9/10 times I would rate the darius as having the advantage

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
ARAM tank Miss Fortune is the most incredible thing I have ever fought (and lost) against.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Kooriken posted:

ARAM tank Miss Fortune is the most incredible thing I have ever fought (and lost) against.

ARAM can be really lovely for ADCs because hitting the items you need to be effective against their comp can be a pipe dream. If you build tank you're probably more effective and people have been conditioned to kill ADCs at any cost even if they have 3000 hp and 200 resists.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
loving christ man i really love the poo poo out of people who pick hard carry junglers and hard carry tops that have no capabilities except for split pushing makes for really fun and exciting games

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

loving christ man i really love the poo poo out of people who pick hard carry junglers and hard carry tops that have no capabilities except for split pushing makes for really fun and exciting games

enough about all the inane poo poo that you love, what things do you dislike?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

enough about all the inane poo poo that you love, what things do you dislike?
retards like you, who go "what, a problem with a game? why, I never!"

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

BigLeafyTree posted:

ARAM can be really lovely for ADCs because hitting the items you need to be effective against their comp can be a pipe dream. If you build tank you're probably more effective and people have been conditioned to kill ADCs at any cost even if they have 3000 hp and 200 resists.

Tank ASP on-hit Vayne in ARAM is hilarious for this reason.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Luna Was Here posted:

retards like you, who go "what, a problem with a game? why, I never!"

what happened to you luna, you used to be such a nice boy

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lovechop posted:

what happened to you luna, you used to be such a nice boy

idk i need to put verv on ignore nearly every post of his quoting me is just some half baked attempt at a witty one liner complaining about me having a problem with the game, whether it be a gripe from a one game instance or something i think riot is dumb for doing or whatever.

that being said, bond/daemonlasher, im in need of a poo poo-kicking and some mild coaching, i've been really poo poo lately and need some practice and bond helped a lot before so maybe doubling down will help a lot as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

very few champs can fight toe to toe with darius in lane but plenty can survive early game then outscale him later

• Locked thread