Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Huttu is another Finn (Finnish?) racing robot, but vomits in real cars or something .

Incase anyone was wondering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm wondering if Kvyat's even going to make it to the end of the season without being replaced.

I know in China it was a legit move but it was a very aggressive move none the less and it could have gone hideously wrong, as it did this race. Red Bull are not the team to support a driver like Lotus did with Grosjean or Pastor. They, and Toro Rosso, are the teams that only give a gently caress about the WCC, and will dump a driver without a second thought while merrily welcoming his replacement to the "Red Bull family".

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ferrari and Redbull are both pissed at him. Guy has a lot to prove this year.

His move from Toro Rosso was clearly accelerated by Vettle's departure.

I bet he's replaced by Max next year.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I raced against Huttu ages ago when we were beta testing iRacing. I'm sure he remembers me and fears me.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I raced against Huttu ages ago when we were beta testing iRacing. I'm sure he remembers me and fears me.

Yeah you probably never hold your line while he's trying to lap you.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah me either. Are we talking about anime or pikachus? Or are those things the same thing

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

no we're talking about the rwandan genocide. huttus and the tutsis.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The guy that threw up the time he drove a car in real life.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I think Ferrari's jet ignition is a cool idea. Though it looks like it would be a pain in the rear end to work on.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Nico Rosberg, one of the all time greats.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/727342949537738755

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Nico Rosberg, the next Ayrton Senna, both blessed by almighty God

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

I think Ferrari's jet ignition is a cool idea. Though it looks like it would be a pain in the rear end to work on.

I haven't taken a close look but on a surface level it just seems like HCCI but with an injector to control detonation.

To be honest the whole HCCI thing never made a whole lot of sense, there's a whole host of reasons you couldn't do that without something like Avgas and it just illustrated how bad the tech reporting for F1 is.

I'm not even convinced there is any major benefit to the jet ignition system other than possibly trying to skirt the fuel flow limit.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Nico Rosberg, the next Ayrton Senna, both blessed by almighty God

Well, Bernie did talk about bringing back Imola.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

gret posted:

:dance:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gret posted:

Probably to piss off the Monza management

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6WQqRDrCo

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
nah dis me watchin now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aVHLL5egRY

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Her is lewis

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

F1 engine regs next time round should mandate rotary valves, not the old Desmond Romic ones

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Breaking news! Pastor found a job. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/maldonado-helping-pirelli-with-2017-f1-tyres-733043/

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Really surprised he's not working on building demolition at the controls of a wrecking ball.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the FIA's new engine rules will allow them to force engine manufacturers currently supplying fewer than 3 teams to supply any team that doesn't have an engine. i guess their "formula" is just teams divided by manufacturers, rounded up.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
this could be amusing as teams desperatly try to give away engines to backmarkers cheap so they dont have to supply austricunts

or just supplying 2nd rate engines if 'forced' to supply to get around it

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
cue RBR getting 2015 Honda engines

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

renault are apparently trying very hard to get red bull to sign a 2017 engine deal so this may all be for naught

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Dubs posted:

this could be amusing as teams desperatly try to give away engines to backmarkers cheap so they dont have to supply austricunts

Like I said when I suggested this, chances are the regulations won't allow that last thing but the first one is absolutely the aim of the regulations.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Dubs posted:

Engine manufacturers setting up their own B-teams Toro Rosso style just to gently caress over Horner would be peak comedy.

Triple A posted:

cue RBR getting 2015 Honda engines
...and beating McLaren with them.

Roller Coast Guard fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 3, 2016

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
:qq: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10267011/lewis-hamilton-slams-ridiculous-reprimand-from-russian-grand-prix :qq:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't get him bitching about the turn two one it seemed pretty clear and the Sky broadcast said that the race marshals specifically told the drivers about the rule for that turn since it was new this year.

The first one for reversing his car in the pit lane when he was directed to reverse his car is pretty dumb.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Stiff upper lip and all that.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Redbull closed their pet regional tv station servus tv. RIP.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Must've been difficult trying to fill the dead air now that they can't slag off Renault.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
What happened to the cool team that was known for parties and interesting ad campaigns for the star wars prequels and that superman movie everyone forgot about? They get one little taste of championship silver and they become a somehow more douchy and corporate Mclaren.

Come in the upper third, surround yourself with vapid beautiful women, and throw massive yacht parties. Thats what f1 is for!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Shouldn't they force the engine manufacturers with more than 3 teams to supply instead of the opposite?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

So after 4 races with Crofty, I'm ready to strangle him. He's worse than James Allen.
Can we please get the C4 feed for the international feed instead?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I just read redbull closing servus.tv is related to employees talking about forming a work council.

Never change RB. Never change.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

But what is the F1 great Nico Rosberg doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I didn't think it was possible for them to make a worse version of that suit. It turns out I was wrong.

• Locked thread