Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The King of All's voice and general character annoys me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

His bodyguards were cool, though.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I want the president of Earth 6 to be a cat person.

President Pilaf

projecthalaxy posted:

The King of All's voice and general character annoys me.

Hai

Petiso posted:

His bodyguards were cool, though.

Hai

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Zeno owns.

Also I'm glad they're bringing back the Budokai Tenkaichi for an appropriate power level :v:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I want universe 6 Gero and 19 to be the exact same with absolutely no explanation.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

What universe's Gohan is the one that learned how to dodge? That's the one to watch out for

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

really though the biggest disappointment with this weeks episode is that god communicated in words other than "yeah"

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Lord of Pie posted:

What universe's Gohan is the one that learned how to dodge? That's the one to watch out for

hilarious

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Does Tenshinhan get to do anything cool in Super?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
No one likes Tien, he didn't even get invited to Bulma's birthday.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Nobody except the 2 people you expect get to do anything cool in Super beyond what has already been in movies.

Speaking of, are they doing another outside-of-Super canon movie?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The last time I heard there was talk of a third movie was before Super was announced.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

sharktamer posted:

No one likes Tien, he didn't even get invited to Bulma's birthday.

Well then screw this show.

3 eyed cowboy 4 Lyfe.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think that was said to be an hoax shortly after the rumour came up.

I would imagine all future DB plot is through Super until it ends, then movies could be back on the agenda.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
read Bleach and leave this poo poo in the dust.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Telling someone to read Bleach is actually a war crime.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I watched the first like six episodes of bleach some time ago and I gotta say it didn't do a lot for me.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

projecthalaxy posted:

I watched the first like six episodes of bleach some time ago and I gotta say it didn't do a lot for me.

It gets better afterwards and then it becomes The Worst Ever.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

projecthalaxy posted:

the first 6 episodes are like the best part of bleach, so you made a good choice

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Like I'm fully aware if I went into DBZ cold without the nostalgia and decades of inertia, I'd probably be equally unimpressed but I was just watching this man and his short ninja pal and

W
H
O
C
A
R
E
S

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Does Tenshinhan get to do anything cool in Super?

He's beyond dead ever since they left him out of the Tarble special but somehow remembered to shoehorn Launch in there

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Soul Society arc is legitimately awesome and is a good example of battle shounen at its best.
After that everything is bad and Bleach is bad.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Augus posted:

The Soul Society arc is legitimately awesome and is a good example of battle shounen at its best.
After that everything is bad and Bleach is bad.

He just makes too loving many characters and forgets about some and feels obligated to give others consistent screen time even though they were never that deep and it just makes everything go on and on and on and on and on

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

He just makes too loving many characters and forgets about some and feels obligated to give others consistent screen time even though they were never that deep and it just makes everything go on and on and on and on and on

He really should have stuck with the ones in Soul Society and kept the Vaizard thing a sort of creepy evil soul thing that was never explained beyond "Ichigo is part hollow due to how he was created".

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Spiritus Nox posted:

If the editor just went "okay, you only get to focus on 5 protagonists and 5 villains per arc," Bleach would be a lot, a lot better.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Didn't the editors explicitly do the exact opposite of that?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Covok posted:

If the editor just went "okay, you only get to focus on 5 protagonists and 5 villains per arc," Bleach would be a lot, a lot better.

Right? Like, I never really hated anyone in Bleach - aside from Aizen, but I also loved him because he was such an unrepentant, God-moding piece of poo poo -but there were just too loving many of them for anyone, least of all their author, to keep track of or get too attached to. Look how much longer the final battle with Aizen and pals needed to be just because literally every 2nd and half the 3rd string goodies AND baddies needed their moment in the sun. To bring this back to DBZ, we joke about Goku always saving the day, and that gets dull, sure, but at least it keeps things relatively focused and gets us really invested in Goku (or else we stop watching, but eh).

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Also when goku shows up to save the day he loving shows up. he's not mopey and afraid of going all out. ichigo shows up after 3 laps of the snake way and he's not actually trying the whole time because he's scared. so half the battle is him just surviving until he finds his resolve.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Ichigo has a hero's resolve and a fighter's spirit

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Does Ichigo actually have a personality, or opinions, or characteristics

I watched through all of the Soul Society and all I got was "is impervious to girls" and that he's kind of impatient.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

I watched through all of the Soul Society and all I got was "is impervious to girls" and that he's kind of impatient.

well he certainly doesn't gain anything past that. but he was basically a punk kid like yusuke but actually decent at school

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Things Ichigo has
- Two Swords
- Dirty Blood

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goku FTW

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Nope, early bleach is bland generic poo poo and maybe three or four characters get all the fights. Dunno what manga you guys are reading.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

sharktamer posted:

Nope, early bleach is bland generic poo poo and maybe three or four characters get all the fights. Dunno what manga you guys are reading.

he says in the DBZ thread

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

he also breaks down and cries like a baby when someone steals his new powers and gets mocked for it by his friends who were hiding the whole time

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

sharktamer posted:

There's only like 3 or 4 characters that matter in early bleach.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the soul society arc is better than dragon ball super.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

DBS is better to me, than Bleach, ergo it is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
DBSuper is way better than any of Bleach. Bleach bad sorry op

• Locked thread