Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Golden Goat posted:

It's still kinda funny that Polygon refused to review Star Fox Zero because it was that bad.

He may be a lovely reviewer, but I think calling him "it" is a bit mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

I was kinda pointing at Polygon as a whole and not precisely even using "it" towards Arthur Gies.
You're right that referring to somebody as "it" is lovely.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Oh. Well...

So, uh, people still enjoying Pokken? I've been considering picking it up next month as my next U purchase.

I personally am still having a blast with Pokken, both the ranked matches and playing online with friends.
I enjoy the simple control scheme and the satisfying crunch of the rock, paper, scissors mechanics.

Golden Goat posted:

Silly question but what's the single player stuff in Pokken like?

The single player is very easy and very grindy, but you need to do it for unlocks.
I absolutely would not get this game if single player is what you are after.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

BillmasterCozb posted:

The worst thing about nintendo fans are the ones that get irrationally angry at nintendo fans that are legitimately excited for the upcoming (and current) releases. One guy told me he'd rather there be no new metroid instead of Fed Force, and yet he's still the type to complain that "It's been nine years! NINE YEARS!"

Just asking for clarity but was he telling you that you can't be happy with it? If I just offhand go "man I'd rather they didn't make a new paper mario at all" after seeing color splash got revealed it's not me saying that you aren't allowed to get excited, just that I'm not and I think it's gonna be garbo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that's in the same league as people who wanted no Bayonetta at all than have it go to the filthy fucken nintendo console

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just asking for clarity but was he telling you that you can't be happy with it? If I just offhand go "man I'd rather they didn't make a new paper mario at all" after seeing color splash got revealed it's not me saying that you aren't allowed to get excited, just that I'm not and I think it's gonna be garbo

Well, I'm not a metroid fan, and he knows that, so he's constantly trying to convince me that Fed Force is a bad thing and must be avoided like the Phantom Menace. Im gonna at least try the game out if there's a demo.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Fed Force really doesn't look good now, but it doesn't mean it's gonna be awful or insulting really. We won't know that till the game comes out and they make some dumb reveal like Ridley is Samus' dad or something.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

terrible reach. this slam was so bad I refuse to review it

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think it looks pretty bad but whether or not it's a Metroid game has no bearing on that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

terrible reach. this slam was so bad I refuse to review it

Calling Ometeotl 'it' is a bit mean

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Fed Force looks super slow and dull to me. Like some of the previews so far seem clunky.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Golden Goat posted:

Fed Force looks super slow and dull to me. Like some of the previews so far seem clunky.

A number of people that have gone to preview events have said the same thing, namely that the game isn't exactly terrible but the movement speed and general moment to moment gameplay is ultra slow. Gamexplain being one of the guys who agreed with this guessed that it was due to the maps being tiny and needing to have 4 players running around. Nintendo probably didn't want other players blocking shots by strafing/running back and forth so instead of trying to find another solution just slowed the thing down drastically.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That sounds like a really bad response to maps being too small if it's true.

Do different weapons in Fed Force just have a different floating icon above your gun?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would just make the enemies really tall so you fire above your squamate heads. Small fast moving ones would bring added challenge.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
If you look at the Twitter of the guy from Polygon who wouldn't finish Star Fox you can discover what an enormous sissy he is in every aspect of his life because he's extremely proud to tell everybody about it

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

This is what someone who really knows how to enjoy themselves looks like

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
drat dude you are really upset that someone doesn't like a video game that you like. Perhaps you could relax by playing a video game you enjoy?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The twitter is mostly full of kitten pictures, which seems fine tbh.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
This guy was dumb about a videogame I like, better go on his twitter, find his photo and judge everything about him.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Looper posted:

those are pretty good games, and melee and pikmin were out in time for christmas

getting a gamecube that year owned
I got Simpsons: Road Rage for that Christmas, it came out just before. We just played that and Melee for the most part for quite a while.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
That guy is definitely too cool for your baby Star Fox game.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

whaley posted:

If you look at the Twitter of the guy from Polygon who wouldn't finish Star Fox you can discover what an enormous sissy he is in every aspect of his life because he's extremely proud to tell everybody about it

You petty bitch - how old are you? :lol:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Fritzler posted:

I got Simpsons: Road Rage for that Christmas, it came out just before. We just played that and Melee for the most part for quite a while.

Are you my little brother? We had only those two games for a while too.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Just announced: Terraria - that 2D Minecraft - is arriving to the Wii U on the 28th of June in the US. Europe gets it earlier on the 24th of the same month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx9q1yTrNDY

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I could've sworn that was announced before Minecraft was.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

raditts posted:

I could've sworn that was announced before Minecraft was.

Probably. But that was the 3DS version.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Vintersorg posted:

You petty bitch - how old are you? :lol:

Sorry but that guy is the real bitch. You must have missed his picture

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Extra Humble Bundle games:

Nano Assault EX (3DS)
Sword and Soldiers 2 (WiiU)
Runbow (WiiU)

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

Are you my little brother? We had only those two games for a while too.
I was the older brother too haha, sorry. Rest of the Humble Bundle is out:

Swords & Soldiers II, Nano Ex Assualt and Runbow. I love Runbow, just wish they gave us the DLC since it is a little too expensive for me (and I already had the game).

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The Star Wolf theme is still the best thing to come out of Star Fox in the franchise's history.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not only do i know the names of games journalists, i keep a comprehensive excel spreadsheet to track their twitter habits and rate them on my internet sissiness scale

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Patter Song posted:

Nano Assault EX (3DS)
Sword and Soldiers 2 (WiiU)
Runbow (WiiU)

Disappointing.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That's a nice addition.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Well, looks like the inevitable happened at last. The latest Wii U firmware has been cracked, and someone leaked the tools for it. Webkit - once again - comes to the fore in this exploit, since you use the browser to inject the attack. Will the Wii U see another update to it's firmware at this late hour in it's life? Time will tell.

Anyway, from what I gather, the exploit allows you to run warez your backups from the SD card, without any region locks. However, the lack of an online component means games like Splatoon or Mario Maker are severely disabled in content, so there's that silver lining for Nintendo.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

ohhh god forbid I make fun of a retarded journalist from a poo poo publication

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Well, looks like the inevitable happened at last. The latest Wii U firmware has been cracked, and someone leaked the tools for it. Webkit - once again - comes to the fore in this exploit, since you use the browser to inject the attack. Will the Wii U see another update to it's firmware at this late hour in it's life? Time will tell.

Anyway, from what I gather, the exploit allows you to run warez your backups from the SD card, without any region locks. However, the lack of an online component means games like Splatoon or Mario Maker are severely disabled in content, so there's that silver lining for Nintendo.

Let's go Project Sm4sh

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

whaley posted:

god forbid people make fun of a dude looking up pictures of a guy to make fun of him on a lovely forum

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Rexroom posted:

The wii u still has games coming out, i dont get why people think nintendo wont bother to patch this.

whaley posted:

Psst. People might treat your opinions better if you dont call people retarded and just say he's a terrible reviewer

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

whaley posted:

Are you stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Patter Song posted: