Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Dreggon posted:

we're so loving bad at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu_oodNnDKk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
How do you raids, anyway? I haven't tried them since the first one came out and goons spent hours wiping to it. What is the best way to reap loot without just gitting gud?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Unfortunately you kinda have to git gud. Or hope a good group can carry you, but from my experience the way they get good is showing up on time so open slots don't happen that often.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
get gud or buy a run. eventually you get so gud that you don't give a poo poo anymore and you fail through all the bosses still somehow managing to beat them in an hour or so while talking about arus fat.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

last week: "wow we're so pro we cleared this in 2 hours"
this week: i think we were arguing about a movie and how one of the bosses looks like swiss knight

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Kajeesus posted:

How do you raids, anyway? I haven't tried them since the first one came out and goons spent hours wiping to it. What is the best way to reap loot without just gitting gud?

I believe the going rate is 480g for a full Wing 1 Spirit Vale clear. Have fun!

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Anet pressed the 'Bird Wings' button again.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Joust posted:

What's most annoying about all of these is that, if they made wings dyeable, they could still sell a lot of wings--just make different dye-channel patterns and wing-types. It's just lazy the way they're doing it now.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Oh no, I may actually buy wings.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Joust posted:

This looks like a carebear vomited on a bird corpse

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Joust posted:

Calling all Charr.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

quote:

Relatively small patch today with a couple more items that can't be found in the patch notes! Enjoy,

Backpack
[&AgGNMwEAAA==] Sloth Backpack

It sits kind of, uh, low.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

getting your back packed I see

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was on a carpet at first, before I remembered what clothed asurabutt looked like.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It's actually holding up a carpet to hide the asura's shame

the mistake it's making is not holding it over the asura's mouth and nose

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Silly sloth, that's what the karka hat is for!

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-May-3-2016

Most important bit:

quote:

Alpine Borderlands

The Alpine borderlands map has been rotated back into play.
Updated map content to be consistent with existing WvW maps.
Sentries now detect and mark enemy players on the map.
Original resource nodes have been removed. Resource synthesizer nodes now exist inside objectives.
Objectives now have capture-point decals.
Objective lords now have health scaling.
Objectives now upgrade based on dolyak caravan deliveries.
Objectives now support the updated guild-claiming and guild-objective upgrades systems.
Disabled Commander Siegerazer’s breakout events.
Cultural armor vendors have been added at the team citadel areas.
Dolyak caravans now jog rather than walk.
Dolyak caravans now gain the Protected Caravan effect when allied players are nearby.
Players can no longer rally by killing basic creatures.
Halved the number of ambient creatures (deer, drakes, wolves, etc.).

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

quote:

Magic energy has been surging around the ley lines.

???????

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

:D

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

There are some new ley energy events in Blazeridge, Snowden, and Mt. Maelstrom. There are also some achievements to go with them, too.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Setting the stage for LS3, most likely.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kralkatorrik or Jormag, who wants which?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given glint's background and how glint's egg is involved in the story, i'm going to go with kralkatorrik. especially since the southeast corner of the map would be a perfect place to set the next expansion since we've only seen part of, and the smallest bit at that, the gigantic brand that it left when streaking across the land.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's been a while, friends.
Did they ever fix Scrapper drones? Last I saw, they ranged from marginally useful to spazzy and inattentive.

My original hope would have been for minions that acted as mini mobile turrets.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Not really, they got only really minor changes in the quarterly update:

quote:

Sneak Gyro: This skill now has a 0.75-second casting time.

Shredder Gyro: The damage caused by this skill has been increased by 600%. The duration has been reduced by 50%. Removed the initial strike.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Apparently this game has been swinging wildly between "Dumb and bad" and "Cool and good" ever since I quit, and especially after the expansion came out.

Where's the pendulum at these days?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Good and fun

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I hope LS3 is gonna be available to us HoT-less poors :ohdear:.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

given glint's background and how glint's egg is involved in the story, i'm going to go with kralkatorrik. especially since the southeast corner of the map would be a perfect place to set the next expansion since we've only seen part of, and the smallest bit at that, the gigantic brand that it left when streaking across the land.

I hope so! I've been wanting to go down there since I started playing GW2

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
I'm still waiting for them to do something with that big floating castle island.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Pesterchum posted:

I'm still waiting for them to do something with that big floating castle island.

The one floating off in the distance from that lovely little water and cliff-side village?

I spent way too much time trying to figure out how to get up there when I found it.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Wheeee posted:

Apparently this game has been swinging wildly between "Dumb and bad" and "Cool and good" ever since I quit, and especially after the expansion came out.

Where's the pendulum at these days?

Dumb and good

WAIT, NO

...Cool and bad.

EDIT: No I was right the first time. Dumb and good.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

grancheater posted:

I hope LS3 is gonna be available to us HoT-less poors :ohdear:.

I'm pretty sure they said it won't be and that you'd need the expansion to play any future living stories.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Just waiting for HoT to go on sale :ohdear:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pesterchum posted:

It's been there since GW1. At this point, anything they actually do up there is gonna be disappointing.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

It's been a while, friends.
Did they ever fix Scrapper drones? Last I saw, they ranged from marginally useful to spazzy and inattentive.

My original hope would have been for minions that acted as mini mobile turrets.

They actually have uses in various types of content, which I wasn't expecting.

- Bulwark is a stalwart in WvW and PvP builds right now, and is also used by a bunch of engineers for high-end fractal and raid content because of its ability to smooth out spikes and reflect on demand.
- Blast (of all things) is working its way into the PvP meta because it's a big spike of damage coupled with an incredibly annoying knockback, and when used with Final Salvo generates stability, a superspeed heal and a lightning field all on a pitifully short cooldown.
- Purge is useful on fights where conditions can wreck groups (e.g. Slothasor).
- Shredder was buffed but is still useless, because you can't win it all.

They're still a little spazzy, for sure, but are definitely used. More than you can say for idiot children like Throw Mine.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also Stealth is solid as heck in PvE, but I'm assuming it's lovely against actual humans.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Sneak Gyro is insanely good in pvp. I swap it out for Elixir X sometimes if there's like 2+ Necros on the enemy team (Toss Elixir X is Moa Form, which forces them out of Shroud), but if I don't specifically have a reason for Elixir X I always use Sneak Gyro. It reaally helps keep you and your team alive in teamfights. A lot of people are really dumb and don't focus it down, even when you're running away, and it's beefy enough that even if they do start hitting it, it'll take several seconds to die unless there's multiple people hitting it. 5-6 seconds of not taking damage buys you a lot of breathing room.

Also you can do tricky stuff with it with ledges, it won't warp down drops for a few seconds to follow you so if you jump off a ledge it'll hang out while you run away (you'll stay invis for a few seconds). It gives people a choice of either jumping down the ledge when your Sneak Gyro gets to it or hanging out up top. Or you can play mindgames if someone realizes what's up and just run to the edge and sit there as they run past and jump down and feel stupid afterwards.

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 4, 2016

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Blast Gyro also works wonders on break bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzjE3_IKSMg

• Locked thread