Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

Has Sony said if they're doing the theater thing again for this year's E3?

I hope so, I've gone both times and it's super fun. Just checked my emails and registration was 5/27 last year, so we have a bit to go still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I went last year and the people in front of us in line really didn't seem to have read the fine print when they tried to take their kid.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

muscles like this? posted:

Has Sony said if they're doing the theater thing again for this year's E3?
Couldn't find anything about the PlayStation Experience yet buy they're also driving around a truck

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/04/30/experience-playstation-vr-during-the-road-to-greatness-tour/204900/

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Last year the playstation e3 thing was unexpectedly fun, mainly because Sony had an insane E3 last year and the crowd reaction when they announced FF7 remake was priceless.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Last year the playstation e3 thing was unexpectedly fun, mainly because Sony had an insane E3 last year and the crowd reaction when they announced FF7 remake was priceless.

I was in the actual goddamn room for that and I pretty much went deaf.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Also Shenmue 3

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Couldn't sign in to PSN today, then I got a in-console warning that I needed to change my password via PC. Anyone seen that as well? Should I be worried?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Is there any point in buying Yakuza 5 if I didn't enjoy 4? I got to the second character and then just stopped because the story just didn't do anything for me, and the fights got tedious and same-y.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Renoistic posted:

Is there any point in buying Yakuza 5 if I didn't enjoy 4? I got to the second character and then just stopped because the story just didn't do anything for me, and the fights got tedious and same-y.
Probably not.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Like maybe check back again for Yakuza 0 but if you aren't hooked by Yakuza soap opera then sorry

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If the first character of Yakuza 4 doesn't hook you then you may as well just abandon ship from the series.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but I've been tempted to get Binding of Isaac for a while and saw that Afterbirth is due out on PS4 soonish.

I'm new-ish to the system so I don't know how other games have handled expansions, and whether all-in-one bundles were commonly released when an expansion came out.

If you had to guess, would a somewhat-cheaper combo pack of BoI:Rebirth plus Afterbirth be: (pretty/somewhat/not) likely to go up for sale in May?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There's not really a pattern for it so it's impale to say unfortunately. That type of thing has happened before and there's at least a chance it'll happen with this but really it's up to what the developer wants to do.

Your might as well wait and see though.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

abagofcheetos posted:

If the first character of Yakuza 4 doesn't hook you then you may as well just abandon ship from the series.

Akiyama spends 15 minutes explaining "Clan A has made a faux pas and you should give them a stern talking to." By the fifth I wanted someone to kick him in his condescending face. That would also make the scene finally end. I thought the MGS games were bad with regards to cutscene length but they have nothing on Y4. Even with the length I wouldn't complain that much if the dialogue and directing didn't scream lower class soap opera. Or if Akiyama didn't act like a complete tool towards everyone. The second guy wasn't much better - a complete idiot hypocrite who yells at people for not giving a poo poo about lives while he himself murders people because of Yakuza honor or some other stupidity.

The gameplay isn't even fun. The fighting isn't much deeper than a Dynasty Warrior game, and you spend most of your time running back and forth the same streets over and over again. The side content is all bad fetch quests or worse mini games. The karaoke is amusing but there are better rhythm games I could be playing instead.

So I won't be spending any more cash on the series. Thanks for the answers!

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 1, 2016

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Renoistic posted:

Akiyama spends 15 minutes explaining "Clan A has made a faux pas and you should give them a stern talking to." By the fifth I wanted someone to kick him in his condescending face. That would also make the scene finally end. I thought the MGS games were bad with regards to cutscene length but they have nothing on Y4. Even with the length I wouldn't complain that much if the dialogue and directing didn't scream lower class soap opera. Or if Akiyama didn't act like a complete tool towards everyone. The second guy wasn't much better - a complete idiot hypocrite who yells at people for not giving a poo poo about lives while he himself murders people because of Yakuza honor or some other stupidity.

The gameplay isn't even fun. The fighting isn't much deeper than a Dynasty Warrior game, and you spend most of your time running back and forth the same streets over and over again. The side content is all bad fetch quests or worse mini games. The karaoke is amusing but there are better rhythm games I could be playing instead.

So I won't be spending any more cash on the series. Thanks for the answers!

I burned out after 3 for pretty much the same reason, I had a hard time caring about any of the interchangeable Yakuza members except Kiryu and Majima. 1/2 kept the stories personal and were great for it.

It helps too that the fighting engine was good by PS2 standards, it just didn't really change much since then. Maybe 4/5 are more polished?

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Is the planning/non-fighting phase in Samurai warriors 4 empires the exact same as in dynasty warriors 8 empires? Waffling back and forth on buying it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Danith posted:

Is the planning/non-fighting phase in Samurai warriors 4 empires the exact same as in dynasty warriors 8 empires? Waffling back and forth on buying it

i dunno how dw8e works but probably. you choose among advisor recommendations, move your guys around, and then do a battle. its very light planning.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

But seriously: was no one today forced to change their PSN password aside myself? I've no idea why it happened and that sort of thing doesn't happen by "accident".

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

But seriously: was no one today forced to change their PSN password aside myself? I've no idea why it happened and that sort of thing doesn't happen by "accident".

It's sony. Everything on psn happens by accident. Just change it if you're worried.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, I did, and immediately went to check if all my systems were still associated with my own account with no other unknown devices registered. It was just weird and got me worried. I would feel safer actually if more people had been forced to change their passwords too, which would mean I wasn't targeted or anything of the sorts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't have any issues today. You may have been hacked

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I didn't have any issues today. You may have been hacked

Or maybe there were too many attempts with an invalid password that prompted the message?

Perhaps a phishing attempt? Did you check the URLs closely?

Regardless, it sounds like you changed everything.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
Anybody having trouble buying via the store today? Tried with my credit card and Paypal, and I keep getting ambiguous errors. On the web store, it's always saying it can't be processed at this time. On the PS4, sometimes it says that the card information is incorrect, even when I'm using my Paypal account and have removed the card entirely, and one time it said the store was down for maintenance.

Edit: Disregard, apparently it's something to do with purchase processing for my card.

G-Prime fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 1, 2016

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Anyone have any experience with a refund process with the store? I bought a movie today thinking (like a sane person would) that I could download it and store it on my HD rather than stream a crap version over my poor wifi against my data cap every time I wanted to watch it. I started a refund process but the chatbot I spoke with was super vague about my chances.

(Tangentially, is there a reason I can't store it locally on a PS4?)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ellaybee posted:

Anyone have any experience with a refund process with the store? I bought a movie today thinking (like a sane person would) that I could download it and store it on my HD rather than stream a crap version over my poor wifi against my data cap every time I wanted to watch it. I started a refund process but the chatbot I spoke with was super vague about my chances.

(Tangentially, is there a reason I can't store it locally on a PS4?)

The refund process is like "you get one and then gently caress you forever."

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Sales and PS Plus games are up.

Activision sales are always the worst. The latest lovely Tony Hawk is only half off the full retail price (I kinda want to try it cheap, mostly because of the unlockable Ninja Turtle that my kids would get a kick out of). Even that Snoopy game is still $30.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE BUY ALL THE YOUNG JUSTICE DLC!? Playstation store is overstocked

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Didn't realize the Hitman sale would end today and didn't purchase it last night while browsing :(. Guess I"ll wait for the next episode and maybe another sale.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

G-Prime posted:

Anybody having trouble buying via the store today? Tried with my credit card and Paypal, and I keep getting ambiguous errors. On the web store, it's always saying it can't be processed at this time. On the PS4, sometimes it says that the card information is incorrect, even when I'm using my Paypal account and have removed the card entirely, and one time it said the store was down for maintenance.

Edit: Disregard, apparently it's something to do with purchase processing for my card.
It's almost always Sony's fault with their garbage paranoiac CC processing, and I doubt it even stops any fraud. You probably figured this out already but if it finds anything it doesn't like, even once, it will lock you out for days. If you go to support they probably give you a vague answer and try to convince you to wait it out and try again, but don't bother. Make your account Paypal only and wait for the error to clear in a week or so, or forgo the whole thing and buy store card codes on Amazon. Unless you really want to drive yourself insane with their bullshit, anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I thought the ps store experience couldnt be worse until i tried the phone app

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

Ouch. Yeah at best stick to the messenger thing, the PlayStation app is awkward and it's mostly just calling up web pages anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that Sony realized the only reason people used their app was messaging, so instead of improving the rest of the app, thy just made messaging a separate app and figured people would just delete and forget about the old one.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

quote:

Welcome to the Grand Kingdom beta on the PlayStation 4!
If anyone signed up for this, check your email today :toot:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Tempted to get one of the Star Wars games on the PS4 from the sale. Leaning heavily toward Super Star Wars as I played the gently caress out of that game as a kid (never beat it due to always getting stuck on the Troop Carrier boss in Mos Eisley) but was the Podracer sequel as good as the N64 one? And then there also Bounty Hunter which I watched Vicas' LP for, but imagine it probably doesn't hold up as well.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

CrashCat posted:

Yep. 5 GB download (or at least base download). :toot:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

In Training posted:

It's cool that Sony realized the only reason people used their app was messaging, so instead of improving the rest of the app, thy just made messaging a separate app and figured people would just delete and forget about the old one.

Hey now the app is still useful if you want to make giant dicks for your AR bots to play with :mad:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tropico 5 is so good on remote play

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

In Training posted:

Unfortunately, I can't add someone to my friends list from the split-off Messaging app.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

CrashCat posted:

Aww yiss. :woop::woop: Just checked, and I got mine, too. I'm excited to try this out. I hope the saves work in cross-save, because I've go this pre-ordered for Vita.

e: How long does this last again? I'm not sure I'll have as much time as I'd like for this this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Real hurthling! posted:

It's terrible. I just use the mobile site, works much better.

• Locked thread