Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

behold the pattern of tilt
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/EUW1/40898001

Dropped from silver 3 to silver 5. My actual scores are improving but I can't seem to get that 8/0 hard carry run. I know I've been playing support but Its rare that I've had the least amount of gold. Not sure what to really do since my go to game winner was poppy and she's been mega nerfed.

focus on fewer roles/champs if your main goal is to climb. i see all 5 roles and like 20 different champs played in your past couple weeks worth of games. stick to 2 roles and play the fewest number of champs you can manage without getting bored, for me its 4 or 5 but some people are happy just jamming 1 forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
soraka is almost never banned at low elo

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Just play kassadin imo

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

man kassadin is probably gonna have a much better time after the mage patch huh, i totally forgot about him but i love playing that guy

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

exethan posted:

Just play kassadin imo

now there's a champ that's real happy to get CDR from zhonyas

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Soraka is less busted at lower elo.

I am wood V but I've been banning Soraka for about a month and it's never done me wrong.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-reveal-taliyah-stoneweaver

e:

drat super galaxy fizz looks sweet

more:

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 3, 2016

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Her ult is a longass wall. I'm starting to think All Shurimans are Trump supporters. From the reveal I'm not actually sure what to think about her. I'll have to play a game or two to get a feel. But Vel'Koz is sad because it looks like her little knockup circle is instant and knocks in any direction.

EDIT: Nevermind there's a very small delay, but it still looks faster than laser squid's knockup.

Kooriken fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 3, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fuuuuuuuuuuck I need to play fizz.

It looks like Riot's next thing after invulnerability ults is going to be abilities to punish mobile champs (cass miasma, taliyah unraveled earth)

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 3, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Ooh, super galaxy shyvana skin too, but the splash isn't up on PBE yet.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i love that "spells that do stuff when people try to use a dash" is the new 3 hit passive

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-69-notes

Patch notes are huge.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Taliyah looks super cool and extremely my poo poo, which probably means that she will be super weak and nerfed into oblivion like all of the mages I have been playing :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This kindred skin omg

AHHHH

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 3, 2016

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
sona is the most powerful support by a huge margin in lower divisions. if you know the first thing about positioning you will be able to effortlessly bully any support carry combo by yourself while your own carry farms in peace. the tricky part is to keep from overextending

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

behold the pattern of tilt
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/EUW1/40898001

Dropped from silver 3 to silver 5. My actual scores are improving but I can't seem to get that 8/0 hard carry run. I know I've been playing support but Its rare that I've had the least amount of gold. Not sure what to really do since my go to game winner was poppy and she's been mega nerfed.

if you're in a position to buy non-support items on sona, the right choice is almost always luden's echo. defensive items are mostly wasted on her since you get bonus power on your heal and shield from ap anyway. obviously still build aegis if the team needs it

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
With spell vamp now out of the game, have they said anything about what they're doing to Morgana's and Akali's passives and whoever else has it in their kit, or are they just removing it from items but leaving it in kits?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

alright riot you win, ill buy the skin bundle

Aerox posted:

With spell vamp now out of the game, have they said anything about what they're doing to Morgana's and Akali's passives and whoever else has it in their kit, or are they just removing it from items but leaving it in kits?

its staying for now

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
It cracks me up that part of this patch is just ripping MR out of a bunch of items. Spirit visage, Banshee's, and GA are all getting MR reductions. This might make mages good!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

This is the first release skin that I've liked since Kalista or Azir

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Taliyah's kit seems kind of underwhelming, except for the troll wall.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Tailyah looks REALLY fun, goddammit.

And yeah that skin makes me mad because I'll have to spend my RP on it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

he's still the champion with the most character in the game

Nah he's second place to Vi

Also I'm slightly disappointed that the new character is just a generic earthbender from Avatar. They didn't even make her blind or a badass.

E: The anime robot skins continue to be great

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i didn't see until now that they put an ap ratio on velkoz's passive, that seems pretty strong

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

before i spend money on the frost taliyah i need to see the moose in her recall animation

this is very important

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I mean it's a baby moose, what more needs to be said?

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
PBE server currently making GBS threads itself

Can't start any games

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:frogsiren:ZAC BUFFS:frogsiren:

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

Kashuno posted:

:frogsiren:ZAC BUFFS:frogsiren:

Love me some Zac and the buffs aren't earth shattering but they are nice. Especially the quicker passive rebirth for endgame teamfights.

EDIT: Warmogs gives cooldown now? It's a good time to be a blob man.

Kooriken fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 3, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

thought one: why is shyv getting another skin

thought two: lmbo

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Holy god that color palette :barf:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think the teal hair suits the kindred skin a little better

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

does anyone know whether new Athenes passive works with Galio's '"shield"?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
that color pallet is awesome idk what's wrong with you guys

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
So new champ has Cho's pop-up (but you can throw them where you want), Zigg's minefield, a combination of Aurelion Sol, Tahm Kench, Rek'Sai, and Anivia for the ult, and Aurelion Sol's move faster passive (but it only works near walls).

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

"We think that the Alacrity enchantment is creating too much mobility creep and it's hard to balance it appropriately.
So we removed all boot enchants"

Sorry, what?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah the boot thing is weird as heck

also the hottest buff from the patch that people didn't notice on the PBE: swain better missile speed

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

Hmmm I'm wondering if new Righteous Glory is worth it on Hecarim. Seems like it fits well with his Q and W and obviously horseh likes to go fast. On the other hand, you typically want damage and tankiness on Hec and Righteous doesn't really provide either in any direct way. Any thoughts?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
singed gets a huge nerf from no distortion boots :(

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

my trigger is adc's with dash moves so taliyah is a day 1 buy for me. thanks riot :puckout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

Zmej posted:

my trigger is adc's with dash moves so taliyah is a day 1 buy for me. thanks riot :puckout:

I just realized Taliyah can use her knockback to knock people who have used their flash/dash to cross her wall back to the other side. I am not a smart man.

• Locked thread