Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Apoplexy posted:

I like that one and the guy complaining that his fat-rear end family can't get fed on no 12-ounce-sized packages of SAUSACHES.

How he describes his wife always gets me. "...a Polish girl, a lil' plump..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hey whore, have some mustard

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

You did it, Dave, you finally made a clip I didn't laugh at

:smith:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CrashCat posted:

You did it, Dave, you finally made a clip I didn't laugh at

:smith:

Here have another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0D9WZIIfE

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Jimmy Deans saus-ich is for southern people to eat with the breakfast with the fried eggs and the T-bone steaks.

I'd sure like a reply, and I'd sure like you to go back to your 16 oz pack-ich of your regular saus-ich.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Reminder, it was a couple dozen fried eggs :btroll:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The angry southern is a classic as well no doubt.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

aw who doesn't love Lil Davey

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

AndrewP posted:

excuse me sir. that's clearly oldie the puppet. totally different

(I was mostly entertained by how much Ron hated it while the studio audience sat in complete silence)

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Jimmy's fiscal conservatism is oddly aligned with his purchase of a new place, which he does not need... How odd...

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

AndrewP posted:

Dave as lil' Carby is maybe my favorite thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYK-_oslX9g

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Judakel posted:

Jimmy's fiscal conservatism is oddly aligned with his purchase of a new place, which he does not need... How odd...

His support of Trump alone should mean you can disregard anything political he has to say.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

You would think so, but I laughed at that one back in the day. It got annoying fast of course but it was so stupid and desperate I got a chuckle.

Of course you can laugh at a thing the first time and then hate it forever. I remember laughing at Dragon Wagon when it happened and then regretting it for the next decade or two that they replayed it over and over

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 11:49 on May 3, 2016

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

A TURGID FATSO posted:

How he describes his wife always gets me. "...a Polish girl, a lil' plump..."

Scotch, which makes it funnier.

T Bowl posted:

His support of Trump alone should mean you can disregard anything political he has to say.
But he tells it like it is.

I figured Opie would act like he loves Trump because Junior is a "friend of the show."

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 3, 2016

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I actually could never stand Dave, thought he was blatantly trying to kick Fez off the show, and the only time he was ever funny was on complete accident when something he'd plan would go horribly go wrong and Ron had the good sense to try make something out of nothing. And his show on TACS is garbage.

But, I will say the gently caress you Tom Brady song is magnificent in every way.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I remember several incarnations ago Dave was Public Enemy #1 in this thread. Like, people could not post enough about how much they hated ESD and how he brought the show to a grinding halt whenever he started doing something.

Then, like a goddamned light switch, as soon as he left R&F the thread couldn't stop talking about how much they missed Dave and how he was the funniest person on the show. It was really weird.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Dave sucked. Just unfunny, Jersey trash talking about jerking off and drinking piss all the time.

I don't know why they couldn't keep that Midnight Rider guy around though, he was great.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I think Dave should have gotten Fez kicked off the show. It would have stopped a few years of Silent/Rabidly Angry Fez.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sheen Sheen posted:

I remember several incarnations ago Dave was Public Enemy #1 in this thread. Like, people could not post enough about how much they hated ESD and how he brought the show to a grinding halt whenever he started doing something.

Then, like a goddamned light switch, as soon as he left R&F the thread couldn't stop talking about how much they missed Dave and how he was the funniest person on the show. It was really weird.
I was mainly an O&A listener, so I didn't get as much Dave as others, and after years of Flow Wrecker Opie it's unlikely I would have even noticed when Dave put the brakes on something

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

This is a great conversation but I have Mike from Jersey on the line. What's up, Mike?

*sound of flowers withering*

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Stare-Out posted:

This is a great conversation but I have Mike from Jersey on the line. What's up, Mike?

MIKE!?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
ESD owns because he inspires Louis CK's hate. I forget when, exactly, it was, but Louis talked about how ESD reminds him of himself in looks, which is why it's so horrid that he runs around naked with things shoved up his rear end that he then shoves in his mouth.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'll own up to hating Dave when he was on R&F. He had moments, and I loved his grossout stuntboy stuff, but at the time I thought he was the reason Fez had been marginalized, which was obviously not the case. I liked Dave a lot more outside Ron and Fez, and the Davey Mac Sports Show was hilarious a lot of the time.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Yeah, Fez is his own ball of weirdness that's for sure, but to me it just always felt like Dave was taking advantage of that was angling it to become the Ron & Dave show. After Dave left, I never got that vibe from Chris.

You know thinking about it, it's actually kinda weird how marginalized Chris has been since Bennington started. I mean I know that's his role as the dumb gently caress up drunk of the show, but man he's really not as sharp as he used to be and the decline has been stunningly fast over the last year.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Well it says on the screener he wanted to say "This guy sounds like a diarrhea cum dumpster", why must the callers always be so unreliable?!?

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I wish Dave pushed Fez out. The last 3 years of Fezzie were unbearable. Sure, Dave was a hacky shock jock stuntman, but at least he brought something to the table. Towards the end of the Fez years Ron was having trouble even making bits out of his mental illnesses. Fez just went into full shutdown mode every single show.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I think Dave should have gotten Fez kicked off the show. It would have stopped a few years of Silent/Rabidly Angry Fez.

And miss out on Cakehorn?!

[chippah voice] Faaawk daaat

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
The show where Fez brought his cat in was one of simultaneously the funniest and cringiest things I've ever been subjected to when it aired.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

COOKIE?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

A TURGID FATSO posted:

The show where Fez brought his cat in was one of simultaneously the funniest and cringiest things I've ever been subjected to when it aired.

KISS?!?!?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
As a Fez fan who was deeply saddened over his last several years on the air, I am almost willing to forgive him for everything because of the cat show. My god that was insane.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I remember after "the secret" reveal show thinking Fez was going to open up and start being normal again. Literally nothing changed. We did get stories like Fez showing up early to a gay bear dance and standing by himself.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

I hope Ron does an Unmasked with Fez before one of them dies.

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades
For someone braver then me, looks like Opie and Sherrod were on Doug Loves Movies podcast. Ron was on the next episode so I started that one, and Doug was already implying it didn't go great.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Started listening to Ron and Fez a little too late to hear Dave in all his insanity, but I love listening to clips that have him. Both power hours are great, and him reading his awful high school stories killed me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRpdPyjrSe4

He was a complete mess but also brutally honest about his personal life, which was entertaining.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 4, 2016

Tr33
May 26, 2007

I'll admit there is a bit of a train wreck factor to him thats entertaining in its own way, but god drat as a person I really dont like him. And I can even understand why people hate Fez, but for whatever reason I don't. His madness is strangely addicting to me mostly cuz of the eventual weird bit that comes out of it several of you have mentioned in the last few posts.. Admittedly though, i never turned off the show just cuz of Dave so he worked in some respect which is more than i can say for Opie or Anthony at times.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Stare-Out posted:

My FAVORITE was the "Hey Mike from lovely Town you're on the air. I hear your poo poo Town Sports Team did well last night."

"Yeah, I don't care about Sports. I called to say tha-"

and Opie just has nothing

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sankis posted:

My FAVORITE was the "Hey Mike from lovely Town you're on the air. I hear your poo poo Town Sports Team did well last night."

"Yeah, I don't care about Sports. I called to say tha-"

and Opie just has nothing
you mean Opie continues to push it yelling things like "heyyy wait you gotta give me a little here slow down"

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i remember when fez broke down crying during a live read for mrs. fields's cookies

their social media person posted a coupon code on their twitter in response

https://twitter.com/mrsfields/status/409035195627487232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Dave was at his best when he was antagonizing the other retards like Earl and Fez. He was probably angling to get co-host but any other company would've fired Fez and he would've deserved being replaced by an idiot like Dave.

• Locked thread